Bitcoin Forum
June 20, 2024, 09:31:23 PM *
News: Voting for pizza day contest

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 ... 76 77 78 79 80 81 82 83 84 85 86 87 88 89 90 91 92 93 94 95 96 97 98 99 100 101 102 103 104 105 106 107 108 109 110 111 112 113 114 115 116 117 118 119 120 121 122 123 124 125 [126] 127 128 129 130 131 132 133 134 135 136 137 138 139 140 141 142 143 144 145 146 147 148 149 150 151 152 153 154 155 156 157 158 159 160 161 162 163 164 165 166 167 168 169 170 171 172 173 174 175 176 ... 416 »
  Print  
Author Topic: ANTMINER S7 is available at bitmaintech.com with 4.86TH/s, 0.25J/GH  (Read 527662 times)
dogie
Legendary

Activity: 1666
Merit: 1183

dogiecoin.com

View Profile WWW
October 18, 2015, 03:04:43 AM

A 503 error is usually due to human intervention - maintenance or.....for a reason. As it's been down for quite a few hours now, I'll go with "for a reason".

They might have pulled it to stop sales of batch 2/3.  They needed to do it somtime soon.   So possible they pulled it down during US time and work on it with more of the workforce during China time, it's now morning there.   They really have not had a ton of time in China yet to fix it.

And also with price of coin we could see increase.  They could have  a meeting or  two on that before putting it up with another batch.

They wouldn't take the site down to remove quantity or products from sales.

p3yot33at3r

Activity: 266
Merit: 250

View Profile
October 18, 2015, 03:29:03 AM

A 503 error is usually due to human intervention - maintenance or.....for a reason. As it's been down for quite a few hours now, I'll go with "for a reason".

They might have pulled it to stop sales of batch 2/3. 

That's exactly what I think. They're no strangers to shenanigans  Wink
thedreamer
Legendary

Activity: 1694
Merit: 1002

Go Big or Go Home.....

View Profile
October 18, 2015, 03:34:09 AM

They might have pulled it to stop sales of batch 2/3.  They needed to do it somtime soon.   So possible they pulled it down during US time and work on it with more of the workforce during China time, it's now morning there.   They really have not had a ton of time in China yet to fix it.

And also with price of coin we could see increase.  They could have  a meeting or  two on that before putting it up with another batch.

Yeah. No legit company would ever do something that stupid. It isn't difficult to suspend an item's sale. Easy as pie.

Go Big or Go Home.
hawkfish007

Activity: 895
Merit: 504

View Profile
October 18, 2015, 03:35:55 AM

Or, they could have taken the site down to fix everybody's shipping status. If it's a manual process, it will take much longer depending on the number of accounts with wrong shipping status.

For quality risers, splitters or 133 CFM fans, please visit my eBay listings,
http://www.ebay.com/sch/hawkfish007/m.html?_ipg=50&_sop=12&_rdc=1
p3yot33at3r

Activity: 266

View Profile
October 18, 2015, 03:40:59 AM

Or, they could have taken the site down to fix everybody's shipping status. If it's a manual process, it will take much longer depending on the number of accounts with wrong shipping status.

Nah, it's not a manual process (although with the amount of delays in shipping it might seem like it!  Cheesy)
dmwardjr
Legendary

Activity: 1302
Merit: 1318

Technical Analyst/Trader

View Profile
October 18, 2015, 03:41:54 AM
Last edit: October 18, 2015, 05:10:02 AM by dmwardjr

I did not want to take up space on this thread with multiple screenshots of the "miner status" of all nine S7's.  Here are the results after 24 hours of use.  Look at the "average" [GH/s (avg)] hash rate at 4.8+ TH/s.  Look at the HWE% as well out to the right of HW in their proper columns.  I'm quite impressed.  You can click on the screenshot of each S7 in the link provided to maximize the screenshot then click again to minimize.

Screenshots of all nine (9) S7's:  http://imgur.com/a/v5690

Follow me on Trading View for excellent signals in Bitcoin/US dollar - Bitstamp - https://www.tradingview.com/u/WyckoffMode/.  You can follow me on Twitter at https://twitter.com/ModeWyckoff My YouTube Channel: https://www.youtube.com/channel/UC8IbhpQwrTD6BozJPWnyAHA  My Discord Invite Link: https://discord.com/invite/3EJYTytaTT  My Website is in LIVE BETA: https://wyckoffmode.com/
Questor

Activity: 71
Merit: 10

View Profile
October 18, 2015, 04:31:38 AM

Where exactly is your 'free' power supplied from? ...

Being in a position that I can run any electrical equipment of my choosing at a facility I have full oversight over. No issues and have carte blanche. But that's my buswax.  Wink

Indeed.  You didn't say you own the business, and if you did you wouldn't regard or refer to the power as 'free', perhaps as deduction and the tax percentage difference ... So basically you're performing what's known as 'theft of services' from your employer because you have a high ranking position... for shame.  At least it's now clear what 'free' means to you, pilfered from some other person's plate.  And you speak of "scruples"!

Is your company publicly traded or are you just shafting the private owners by stealing their power?

Remember kids:

Their Ain't No Such Thing As A Free Lunch

----------------------------------------------------------

Awww. Don't be hatin' because you're jealous.
Nobody needs to explain anything to you and just FYI, you can't steal something that nature provides for free. Now go grumble on that and stop 'trying' to comprehend my hook up.

Sheesh....

Well aren't you just the cool cat POWER THIEF, daddy-o...

I'm not "trying" to understand anything about your "hook-up",  I comprehend fully well that you are a self-admitted thief and probably a felon, though you have not been convicted at this time.

For someone who said:
That tends to happen from a company in a country with no real oversight, no standards and no scruples.

Isn't that a bit of the pot calling the kettle black?
So, "nature" provides electricity to your miners for free?  Miners here all run on coal / hydroelectric / wind / nuclear power through a built and managed infrastructure and power distribution grid which we pay a fair price for.

It is sad that you cannot keep your bigoted, nationalist, and criminal self restrained enough to avoid posting gross generalizations about a billion people whom you don't even know, and sadder still that you have self-evidenced to be no better than that which you complain about.

-------------------------------

So, I had one of my S7's unexpectedly reach critical temp (got to 85C per miner status!!) and stop mining, but only on one board, and it was string one, which seems odd as that would tend to indicate that it was one of the outside ones.  I would think that the inner board, being nested in between two would typically be the hottest board...  But maybe they aren't in order?  Or maybe this board is just generating extra heat because it is of borderline press quality?!

Anyone else get a thermal event yet?

Minin', my own business.
Questor

Activity: 71
Merit: 10

View Profile
October 18, 2015, 05:43:27 AM

padrino,

touché - I do not know the backstory, but none was offered, so yes, it may have been a bit presumptuous.  I would state however, that the negative and off topic nature of the previous whiny posts and vague allusions to the fact that the employer did not know about the power usage did not seem to indicate that this person was one of your employees that had been given the right to use 'free' power...

Had that been the case it seems that "my employer provides it knowingly" would have sufficed.  "a facility I have full oversight over" seems to indicate the employer is not aware that power is being used to mine bitcoin to the sole benefit of an employee...  It also seems to indicate a bit of a haughty attitude with respect to the nature of the question.

Anyways, I suppose thedreamer could have cleared all of this or clear it all up by just stating whether or not it is known that their power use is for personal bitcoin mining.

There have been lots of discussions over the years about 'free' power and the moral implications, so when 'scruples' were mentioned, things became interesting...

I also found it ironic that the poster mentioned something complaining about no oversight, when apparently they are the oversight at their facility, but are potentially using power there illegitimately!!
So I was asking questions, to verify the veracity of my ironic assessment, and all indications were that of avoidance of the question.  So I did assume that by the dodging verbiage, there was no legitimate use.  And therein may lie my error in judgement, but you are correct, without any of this information, it's all just presumptions based on vague assertions.  I will apologize if I am in error.

-----

Generally speaking though, why should anyone ever generalize a whole country of people, especially those one is doing business with, with insulting and degrading speech such as that?

Bitmain has been kind enough to supply us with what is presently the most energy efficient mining hardware available, and sure they are having some hiccups, but those who have received miners in this thread are a testament to the fact that they are trying to get us product.

As mentioned, nobody else is... So can we stop bashing the Chinese as a whole people  / Country in here and concentrate on the S7 miners?

Minin', my own business.
notlist3d
Legendary

Activity: 1456
Merit: 1000

View Profile
October 18, 2015, 05:47:47 AM

One would think.  I have not tried to hit up any BM contacts.  But it is China daytime now.

Do you have any idea why they are down?
dmwardjr
Legendary

Activity: 1302
Merit: 1318

Technical Analyst/Trader

View Profile
October 18, 2015, 06:05:51 AM

Generally speaking though, why should anyone ever generalize a whole country of people, especially those one is doing business with, with insulting and degrading speech such as that?

Bitmain has been kind enough to supply us with what is presently the most energy efficient mining hardware available, and sure they are having some hiccups, but those who have received miners in this thread are a testament to the fact that they are trying to get us product.

As mentioned, nobody else is... So can we stop bashing the Chinese as a whole people  / Country in here and concentrate on the S7 miners?

Well said, Questor.

I'm getting tired of people using the word, "Chinese," in such negative connotations.  Can't we all just get along without negative denotations regarding one's ethnicity?  It's completely unnecessary and profits no one.

Bitmain, truly has been supportive of the home miner and those who aspire to have larger farms.  This is not a perfect world and everyone [Including corporations] are not perfect either.  We might find Bitmain more generous in their dealings with us if we would be more supportive in their contribution to our community.  Railing at them in this forum and emails serves only to divide us instead of unifying us as a community.

So, let us chill with the negative connotations towards one's ethnicity and learn to get along with each other.

Cheers M8

Follow me on Trading View for excellent signals in Bitcoin/US dollar - Bitstamp - https://www.tradingview.com/u/WyckoffMode/.  You can follow me on Twitter at https://twitter.com/ModeWyckoff My YouTube Channel: https://www.youtube.com/channel/UC8IbhpQwrTD6BozJPWnyAHA  My Discord Invite Link: https://discord.com/invite/3EJYTytaTT  My Website is in LIVE BETA: https://wyckoffmode.com/
NASEER CHAUDHARY

Activity: 11
Merit: 0

View Profile
October 18, 2015, 06:41:30 AM

Well said, Questor.

I'm getting tired of people using the word, "Chinese," in such negative connotations.  Can't we all just get along without negative denotations regarding one's ethnicity?  It's completely unnecessary and profits no one.

Bitmain, truly has been supportive of the home miner and those who aspire to have larger farms.  This is not a perfect world and everyone [Including corporations] are not perfect either.  We might find Bitmain more generous in their dealings with us if we would be more supportive in their contribution to our community.  Railing at them in this forum and emails serves only to divide us instead of unifying us as a community.

So, let us chill with the negative connotations towards one's ethnicity and learn to get along with each other.

Cheers M8
Your are absolutely right brothers think positive be positive
dogie
Legendary

Activity: 1666
Merit: 1183

dogiecoin.com

View Profile WWW
October 18, 2015, 06:56:25 AM

One would think.  I have not tried to hit up any BM contacts.  But it is China daytime now.

No, its a Sunday so no one is on.

AriesIV10
Legendary

Activity: 1260
Merit: 1006

Mine for a Bit

View Profile WWW
October 18, 2015, 10:56:20 AM

I did not want to take up space on this thread with multiple screenshots of the "miner status" of all nine S7's.  Here are the results after 24 hours of use.  Look at the "average" [GH/s (avg)] hash rate at 4.8+ TH/s.  Look at the HWE% as well out to the right of HW in their proper columns.  I'm quite impressed.  You can click on the screenshot of each S7 in the link provided to maximize the screenshot then click again to minimize.

Screenshots of all nine (9) S7's:  http://imgur.com/a/v5690

Very Cool dmwardjr!!!  All at 4.8th/s---Very Cool!

BTC Address (Donations):  3LepZAju88ZRuNVD4cS6Xv5hKyKrjvirkB     Website:  www.MintMining.com
Email: Mining@MintMining.com      Power Supplies: https://bit.ly/2TtvdOR
notlist3d
Legendary

Activity: 1456
Merit: 1000

View Profile
October 18, 2015, 11:01:06 AM

I'm thinking someone got told to go in and work on it.  The website is now up again.

I don't see anything really different after a quick glance.
AriesIV10
Legendary

Activity: 1260
Merit: 1006

Mine for a Bit

View Profile WWW
October 18, 2015, 11:17:15 AM

I'm thinking someone got told to go in and work on it.  The website is now up again.

I don't see anything really different after a quick glance.

With the Bitcoin being so favorable, I went ahead and made another purchase of another S7 B3.  Hoping this time I can get one that runs 4.8th/s.  I already have 5 S7s that wont touch 4.8th/s.

BTC Address (Donations):  3LepZAju88ZRuNVD4cS6Xv5hKyKrjvirkB     Website:  www.MintMining.com
Email: Mining@MintMining.com      Power Supplies: https://bit.ly/2TtvdOR
B00gieman

Activity: 65
Merit: 0

View Profile
October 18, 2015, 12:08:23 PM

Hello once again.
Im a newbie in this scene, but already purchased a S7.... not delivered yet...

I've got 2 questions (doubts).
1) What kind of payment should i use: PPLNS or PPS.
I know that PPS has a fee, but is it worh it?

2) For people already running a S7 24/7 day, How much BC/day are we talking?

Thanks.
wolfen

Activity: 770
Merit: 523

View Profile
October 18, 2015, 01:12:29 PM

About 0.040 BTC per day

For those about to block we salute you! AC->BTC
suchmoon
Legendary

Activity: 3710
Merit: 8981

https://bpip.org

View Profile WWW
October 18, 2015, 01:34:26 PM

Hello once again.

Thanks.

1) Both will yield roughly the same result IN THE LONG RUN (minus the fee). PPS pays per each share you submit to the pool, PPLNS pays per N last shares when a block is found (where N depends on the pool) so PPLNS payouts depend on pool luck whereas PPS payouts don't. Whether having a steady stream of BTC instead of ups and downs is worth the fee - that's up to you.

2) Depends on your power costs. Use a calculator, e.g. https://bitcoinwisdom.com/bitcoin/calculator
philipma1957
Legendary

Activity: 4158
Merit: 8048

'The right to privacy matters'

View Profile WWW
October 18, 2015, 03:57:04 PM

Hello once again.

Thanks.

lets say you use f2pool  they charge 4%  but they toss you some NMC  this drops you to about 2%

they pay on time every day 1 time a day.

so now they pay .00792982 per th

so a s-7 = 4.8 th

so they pay you 4.8 x .00792982 = 0.038063136 btc  every day and  7x that in NMC that is 0.266 nmc a day

so your gear will earn

0.03806 btc
0.00037 btc = the free nmc they gvie

0.03843 btc total  each day every day    when they send it to you the charge is 0.0002 so your net is 0.03841 for the s-7

each and every day. 

▄▄███████▄▄
▄██████████████▄
▄██████████████████▄
▄████▀▀▀▀███▀▀▀▀█████▄
▄█████████████▄█▀████▄
███████████▄███████████
██████████▄█▀███████████
██████████▀████████████
▀█████▄█▀█████████████▀
▀████▄▄▄▄███▄▄▄▄████▀
▀██████████████████▀
▀███████████████▀
▀▀███████▀▀
 MΞTAWIN  THE FIRST WEB3 CASINO   
.. PLAY NOW ..
Cassey

Activity: 470

Better to have 100 friends than 100 rubles

View Profile
October 18, 2015, 04:09:42 PM

I have been running 5 batch 1 for a little over 2 weeks.  2 at 4.7th/s and 2 at 4.5th/s and 1 at 4.4th/s.  They are running and I am happy with that, but I don't see the 4.8th/s that everyone is getting.

3 days, 16 hours for me with 2 units:  4854 and 4845.

I am rather surprised by the volatility though.  Here is a chart from BitcoinCZ with my (2) S7s, (3) S4s, and (1) S3:  http://puu.sh/kOKPC/e46870370a.png

Cassey
Pages: « 1 ... 76 77 78 79 80 81 82 83 84 85 86 87 88 89 90 91 92 93 94 95 96 97 98 99 100 101 102 103 104 105 106 107 108 109 110 111 112 113 114 115 116 117 118 119 120 121 122 123 124 125 [126] 127 128 129 130 131 132 133 134 135 136 137 138 139 140 141 142 143 144 145 146 147 148 149 150 151 152 153 154 155 156 157 158 159 160 161 162 163 164 165 166 167 168 169 170 171 172 173 174 175 176 ... 416 »
  Print  

Jump to: