Bitcoin Forum
May 29, 2024, 11:17:25 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 ... 86 87 88 89 90 91 92 93 94 95 96 97 98 99 100 101 102 103 104 105 106 107 108 109 110 111 112 113 114 115 116 117 118 119 120 121 122 123 124 125 126 127 128 129 130 131 132 133 134 135 [136] 137 138 139 140 141 142 143 144 145 146 147 148 149 150 151 152 153 154 155 156 157 158 159 160 161 162 163 164 165 166 167 168 169 170 171 172 173 174 175 176 177 178 179 180 181 182 183 184 185 186 ... 416 »
  Print  
Author Topic: ANTMINER S7 is available at bitmaintech.com with 4.86TH/s, 0.25J/GH  (Read 527646 times)
bbOOmm

Activity: 277
Merit: 250

View Profile
October 21, 2015, 04:16:02 PM

A friend of mine is just getting started in bitcoin mining... thanks to me, I got him hooked ;-)

He raised a question that I have no answer to... The question is:::

When would bitmain receive the funds if he wired money?

He's asking because he wired funds yesterday, Oct 20 for a couple S7 batch 3's and his order still says UNPAID as of 8am CST Oct 21

I thought he was a friend?

uuuugh .....    <facepalm>
-droid-
Legendary

Activity: 1050
Merit: 1001

View Profile
October 21, 2015, 04:24:13 PM
Last edit: October 21, 2015, 04:34:34 PM by -droid-

So after reading others success regarding fan % and warmer chips resulting in better performance I am testing my two units at 30%

Antpool is already showing a significant jump in poolside hashrate

Orig temps were roughly 44c, now with 30% fan temps are 58-60c

Letting it run overnight and will check results tomorrow

If you want better testing conditions, set a lower difficulty. 1/4 difficulty = 4x the test data in the same time as long as the controller can take it.

so when I got in, the unit which I was getting lesser speed and more HW% being clocked at 600freq was performing at 4797gh and 0.01% HW  and my other unit clocked at 618 was getting 4997gh and 0.008% HW

seems that the lesser unit was indeed performing better on the HW aspect, and maybe 50-80gh more in hash speed.  the second unit seemed to not make a difference.

the temps on the first board on each of the 2 units were at 64, so ive just increased fan to 40% instead of 30%

after 30min my 600freq unit is now hashing at 4810 with 0.02% HW and my 618freq unit is hashing at 4987 with 0.0067% HW

I think 40% is the sweet spot for my setup.

temps on first board are both 53/54 and the rest of the boards between 48-51

EDIT: maybe i spoke too soon.. at 45min the 600freq unit has dropped now to 4778gh and the 618freq unit dropping to 4965
Mikestang
Legendary

Activity: 1274
Merit: 1000

View Profile
October 21, 2015, 04:42:24 PM

Nice share from my S7.  Shocked

https://i.imgur.com/Y9RLLNr.png

Dang, a month or so ago that would have been a block solve!  And it looks like you are solo mining against your own node to boot, so that would have been a sweet solve, plus good advertising for the S7.  Cool
AriesIV10
Legendary

Activity: 1260
Merit: 1006

Mine for a Bit

View Profile WWW
October 21, 2015, 04:49:09 PM

So happy so far with my Batch-1 s7 so I ordered a B2 one today. Wonder how long this one will take?  Wink
Also - why are the batch3's a tad more expensive than the batch-2's?

Batch 3 is 4.86 TH/s @ 600 MHz and Batch 2 is 4.66 TH/s @ 575 MHz.  200 GH/s difference and 1160 watts for Batch 2 verses 1210 watts for Batch 1 and 3.  They are both still 0.25 watts per GH
Interesting. My batch-1 s7 came with factory setting of 600mHz and is humming along perfectly at over 4.86 as reported by my pool. Guess I'll just have to goose the coming batch-2 one to the same and see how it does.

I believe the batch 2 are batch 1 rejects.  They were not mining to specifications they laid out for Batch 1.  However, they should work fine at 575 MHz instead of the 600 MHz originally quoted for Batch 1.

I agree with you dmwardjr, although Batch 1 left me with 5 of them running at 575 at 4.6th/s.  I did get a couple that maintain 600 at 4.8th/s.
Did you receive batch one at 575?

No, all of mine except 2 have been delivered at 600 and not marked, but under-performed at 3.9-4.2th/s.  After slowing down the fan to 30-35% and getting the heat up to about 55-62C and setting the S7 to 575 I could then achieve 4.6th/s.

BTC Address (Donations):  3LepZAju88ZRuNVD4cS6Xv5hKyKrjvirkB     Website:  www.MintMining.com
Email: Mining@MintMining.com      Power Supplies: https://bit.ly/2TtvdOR
notlist3d
Legendary

Activity: 1456

View Profile
October 21, 2015, 05:48:33 PM

I should have listened to my hunch. If what wolfen says is true - I'm going to cancel & get a refund......these things are too expensive to be messed about by bitmain shipping delay nonsense.

Don't know if you will be able to based on price they say below:

The price of bitcoin mining machines must be adjusted frequently according to many factors, including BTC/USD exchange rate, the network difficulty, and expected difficulty increase. Refund requests based on price changes cannot be honored.

Also:

All sales are final. No refunds will be given. Defective machines can be repaired for free under the Bitmain warranty policy. After the warranty period, machines can be repaired for the cost of parts and labor.

Both are on the sales page: https://www.bitmaintech.com/productDetail.htm?pid=000201509290954354994vrQh8di06E6

So I would honestly be surprised if you got a refund.  I think they will avoid refunds at all cost. If they allowed it everyone would want BTC back and re-order.  But I could be wrong.
dmwardjr
Legendary

Activity: 1302
Merit: 1318

Technical Analyst/Trader

View Profile
October 21, 2015, 06:18:53 PM

Definitely go 220-240.

There are many pretend electricians around here and you will hear all sorts of things which may even make sense or sound true but it is someone you don't know who has an interpretation of the way things should be.
The only type of person to trust is someone who isn't afraid to backup what they claim with facts, pictures, and easily verifiable information. Items which can be verified through multiple sources.

We are talking about something which can burn down your house or business. When someone claims to have a training gig, or they know something because of something someone else taught them, bah, ask for a reference, but better yet, ask an electrician who actually has a license.

There are also electrician forums where those guys hang out and are happy to answer questions with references to back them up.
Be wary of someone who in an argument continues to claim they are right because they have previous experience in that area. To me, that is akin to claiming I am a fireman because I lived through a fire. Not quite the same is it?

I've obviously said things that have rubbed people in this forum [Like yourself] the wrong way.  I apologize to you and anyone else in this forum I have rubbed the wrong way.  As for advice on ANYTHING technical in these forums:  You, or anyone else, should be quite relieved not to hear anymore from me about anything "technical" from this day forward.  I leave that to you "professionals."

I apologized to dancer191 in PM's, deleted previous posts of mine to keep from trashing up this forum.

Everyone have a good day and may the blocks be with you!

Follow me on Trading View for excellent signals in Bitcoin/US dollar - Bitstamp - https://www.tradingview.com/u/WyckoffMode/.  You can follow me on Twitter at https://twitter.com/ModeWyckoff My YouTube Channel: https://www.youtube.com/channel/UC8IbhpQwrTD6BozJPWnyAHA  My Discord Invite Link: https://discord.com/invite/3EJYTytaTT  My Website is in LIVE BETA: https://wyckoffmode.com/
aurel57
Legendary

Activity: 1176

View Profile
October 21, 2015, 06:49:50 PM

Definitely go 220-240.

There are many pretend electricians around here and you will hear all sorts of things which may even make sense or sound true but it is someone you don't know who has an interpretation of the way things should be.
The only type of person to trust is someone who isn't afraid to backup what they claim with facts, pictures, and easily verifiable information. Items which can be verified through multiple sources.

We are talking about something which can burn down your house or business. When someone claims to have a training gig, or they know something because of something someone else taught them, bah, ask for a reference, but better yet, ask an electrician who actually has a license.

There are also electrician forums where those guys hang out and are happy to answer questions with references to back them up.
Be wary of someone who in an argument continues to claim they are right because they have previous experience in that area. To me, that is akin to claiming I am a fireman because I lived through a fire. Not quite the same is it?

I've obviously said things that have rubbed people in this forum [Like yourself] the wrong way.  I apologize to you and anyone else in this forum I have rubbed the wrong way.  As for advice on ANYTHING technical in these forums:  You, or anyone else, should be quite relieved not to hear anymore from me about anything "technical" from this day forward.  I leave that to you "professionals."

I apologized to dancer191 in PM's, deleted previous posts of mine to keep from trashing up this forum.

dmwardjr I think your a class act and value your input on here.
clgrissom3
Legendary

Activity: 1722
Merit: 1032

Carl, aka Sonny :)

View Profile
October 21, 2015, 07:21:11 PM

Definitely go 220-240.

dmwardjr I think your a class act and value your input on here.

I agree!  We all get a bit passionate from time to time on these forums...but it's all good and even informative!
dropt
Legendary

Activity: 1512

View Profile
October 21, 2015, 07:26:42 PM

Definitely go 220-240.

Dude you are awesome, it's good to read technical post like yours, I enjoy them.

Yeah, they're especially great when you disagree with his method or outcome then he loses his shit on you.  He does quickly delete the posts and apologize, so at least his heart is in the right place. 

But I digress, take the information here as opinion, not fact.  Ask someone qualified who's familiar with your infrastructure and building codes.   Anyone worth their salt will give their opinion but won't guarantee anything until they see it first hand.
wolfen

Activity: 770
Merit: 523

View Profile
October 21, 2015, 07:27:04 PM

I should have listened to my hunch. If what wolfen says is true - I'm going to cancel & get a refund......these things are too expensive to be messed about by bitmain shipping delay nonsense.

Yeah, those terms are another reason I was so unsure of buying - they;re terrible. Although, I do have family near where they are based........

I'm beginning to think that wolfen is talking BS to be honest - no email posted, too many firsts as you say, & all 134 of his posts are here in the S7 thread - too much of a coincidence.

Do Bitmain employ shills?
No shill here sir. No troll either. This is the first and only forum I have used.
I pretty much figured things out myself.
I have been waiting 7 weeks for my miners, it is exciting to see people get theirs.
I get and have gotten all my antminers from the Denver Bitmain office over the years. (s3,s3+,s5,s7)
I'm just a programmer. Older than dirt.
Denver offers $100 USA warranty so you don't have to send sick ones back to China.
Small price for quick turnaround.
Bitmain Denver 844-248-6246.
This is just how I purchase. Wanted to share. It's nice to help folks out
I was on the phone with a gentleman for an hour helping him get the s5 I sold him up and running.

For those about to block we salute you! AC->BTC
dmwardjr
Legendary

Activity: 1302
Merit: 1318

Technical Analyst/Trader

View Profile
October 21, 2015, 07:40:26 PM
Last edit: October 21, 2015, 07:53:20 PM by dmwardjr

Yeah, they're especially great when you disagree with his method or outcome then he loses his shit on you.  He does quickly delete the posts and apologize, so at least his heart is in the right place.  

I was totally out of line.  I could not see his face nor hear his tone or lack there of.  I just flat out misunderstood what he was implying and got worked up over it and lost my shiznit.  If we were on the phone or talking face to face, the entire thing could have been avoided.  I apologized in a PM and deleted my post shortly after the PM.  I learned a valuable lesson from all of this.  I really feel bad about the whole thing.  The important thing is I have learned from it and will try not to make the same mistake again.

But I digress, take the information here as opinion, not fact.  Ask someone qualified who's familiar with your infrastructure and building codes.   Anyone worth their salt will give their opinion but won't guarantee anything until they see it first hand.

I agree with this 100%

Follow me on Trading View for excellent signals in Bitcoin/US dollar - Bitstamp - https://www.tradingview.com/u/WyckoffMode/.  You can follow me on Twitter at https://twitter.com/ModeWyckoff My YouTube Channel: https://www.youtube.com/channel/UC8IbhpQwrTD6BozJPWnyAHA  My Discord Invite Link: https://discord.com/invite/3EJYTytaTT  My Website is in LIVE BETA: https://wyckoffmode.com/
notlist3d
Legendary

Activity: 1456

View Profile
October 21, 2015, 07:54:45 PM

Yeah, those terms are another reason I was so unsure of buying - they;re terrible. Although, I do have family near where they are based........

I'm beginning to think that wolfen is talking BS to be honest - no email posted, too many firsts as you say, & all 134 of his posts are here in the S7 thread - too much of a coincidence.

Do Bitmain employ shills?
No shill here sir. No troll either. This is the first and only forum I have used.
I pretty much figured things out myself.
I have been waiting 7 weeks for my miners, it is exciting to see people get theirs.
I get and have gotten all my antminers from the Denver Bitmain office over the years. (s3,s3+,s5,s7)
I'm just a programmer. Older than dirt.
Denver offers $100 USA warranty so you don't have to send sick ones back to China.
Small price for quick turnaround.
Bitmain Denver 844-248-6246.
This is just how I purchase. Wanted to share. It's nice to help folks out
I was on the phone with a gentleman for an hour helping him get the s5 I sold him up and running.

Can you give more details?  I know they have support there.  But I honestly have not heard of a way to purchase through them, let alone a 100 dollar us warranty.

Who are you purchasing from at the office?   Can you show emails edited?  I just have a hard time believing it.
philipma1957
Legendary

Activity: 4144
Merit: 7953

'The right to privacy matters'

View Profile WWW
October 21, 2015, 07:59:13 PM

Wanted to share. It's nice to help folks out

Then why are you ignoring requests from members here to show us this email you got from bitmain? If you don't know how to upload a document/screenshot - I can help you.
The best I can do is let you know how I buy my miners.
Which I have done.
I would have to redact so much that it would be pointless.
How much have you spent on mining equipment in the last two years?

That's BS.

You post over 135 posts only in the S7 thread since it started saying you got the first this & the first that, shipping is perfect, bitmain are wonderful, you got emails from them, you got this & you got that - but as soon as anyone askes you corroborate what you say - you ignore them & then give feeble excuses.

Post proof or wolfen=bitmain shill. Official.

bitmaintech does not need shills.

I rather you be wrong.

But maybe you are not wrong.

So does anyone besides wolfen have a 'real' tracking number for batch 2 or 3?

IN no way am I angry or complaining about this rollout of gear.  my first ones  came fast and both work fine. I just like to track the  gear from China to New Jersey while it is actually happening.

▄▄███████▄▄
▄██████████████▄
▄██████████████████▄
▄████▀▀▀▀███▀▀▀▀█████▄
▄█████████████▄█▀████▄
███████████▄███████████
██████████▄█▀███████████
██████████▀████████████
▀█████▄█▀█████████████▀
▀████▄▄▄▄███▄▄▄▄████▀
▀██████████████████▀
▀███████████████▀
▀▀███████▀▀
 MΞTAWIN  THE FIRST WEB3 CASINO   
.. PLAY NOW ..
p3yot33at3r

Activity: 266

View Profile
October 21, 2015, 08:19:56 PM

Wanted to share. It's nice to help folks out

Then why are you ignoring requests from members here to show us this email you got from bitmain? If you don't know how to upload a document/screenshot - I can help you.
The best I can do is let you know how I buy my miners.
Which I have done.
I would have to redact so much that it would be pointless.
How much have you spent on mining equipment in the last two years?

That's BS.

You post over 135 posts only in the S7 thread since it started saying you got the first this & the first that, shipping is perfect, bitmain are wonderful, you got emails from them, you got this & you got that - but as soon as anyone askes you corroborate what you say - you ignore them & then give feeble excuses.

Post proof or wolfen=bitmain shill. Official.

Try not to worry - I'm sure things will work out, it can be a little worrying with your first order from Bitmain, especially with the high prices they are charging, but I'm sure your miners will come eventually - it's just a case of when. Be patient. I know it's hard when we read about the horror stories about delivery - & posts like wolfen's certainly don't help. We can't make him prove himself, but if he can't, well, then we'll all know the truth. I heard they did have an official shill once, but he was terrible at it - so they sacked him  Wink
bbOOmm

Activity: 277

View Profile
October 21, 2015, 08:21:52 PM

WTF!

Does everyone here live in Missouri??? You know, the Show Me State.

Huh

Grin
wolfen

View Profile
October 21, 2015, 08:53:18 PM

From Yoshi:

You can mention the purchase option via usa!

844-248-6246 or Bitmain.zendesk.com

Price is a bit more compare to the chinese purchase price but for multiple unit purchase custimers, this usa purchase may help avoids the headache of clearing the custims via ups and be billed the fee later.

Warranry claim pricess be a hassle free model vs 4-6 weeks process via the factory.

I'm sorry for the wait!

suchmoon
Legendary

Activity: 3696
Merit: 8937

https://bpip.org

View Profile WWW
October 21, 2015, 08:59:10 PM

In the future, please avoid posting things that need to be deleted.

It might be time for you to heed this advice, wouldn't you think?

As for your B2/B3 confusion - if the message is real then it might be a typo. B1 and B3 have identical specs so there wouldn't be a reason to ship only 11 out of 12 B1 and then some B3, instead of completing the B1. It would make more sense if they had underperforming miners not suitable for B1 and shipped them as B2.

In any case, if you get the miners and they run at 600 MHz - good for you.
wolfen

View Profile
October 21, 2015, 09:23:11 PM

I like the ipreporter.exe for S7 that allows you to hit the button to the left of the ethernet cable and have the ip address pop up.

p3yot33at3r

Activity: 266

View Profile
October 21, 2015, 09:30:00 PM

In the future, please avoid posting things that need to be deleted.

It might be time for you to heed this advice, wouldn't you think?

Amen to that. My ignore button just took another hit  Wink

Ahhh.......that's better.
fullzero
Legendary

Activity: 1260
Merit: 1009

View Profile
October 21, 2015, 09:33:00 PM

I like the ipreporter.exe for S7 that allows you to hit the button to the left of the ethernet cable and have the ip address pop up.

I recommend ipscan24 for finding devices on a network.
Pages: « 1 ... 86 87 88 89 90 91 92 93 94 95 96 97 98 99 100 101 102 103 104 105 106 107 108 109 110 111 112 113 114 115 116 117 118 119 120 121 122 123 124 125 126 127 128 129 130 131 132 133 134 135 [136] 137 138 139 140 141 142 143 144 145 146 147 148 149 150 151 152 153 154 155 156 157 158 159 160 161 162 163 164 165 166 167 168 169 170 171 172 173 174 175 176 177 178 179 180 181 182 183 184 185 186 ... 416 »
  Print  

Jump to: