Bitcoin Forum
June 22, 2024, 02:19:09 PM *
News: Voting for pizza day contest

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 ... 93 94 95 96 97 98 99 100 101 102 103 104 105 106 107 108 109 110 111 112 113 114 115 116 117 118 119 120 121 122 123 124 125 126 127 128 129 130 131 132 133 134 135 136 137 138 139 140 141 142 [143] 144 145 146 147 148 149 150 151 152 153 154 155 156 157 158 159 160 161 162 163 164 165 166 167 168 169 170 171 172 173 174 175 176 177 178 179 180 181 182 183 184 185 186 187 188 189 190 191 192 193 ... 416 »
  Print  
Author Topic: ANTMINER S7 is available at bitmaintech.com with 4.86TH/s, 0.25J/GH  (Read 527664 times)
bbOOmm

Activity: 277
Merit: 250

View Profile
October 23, 2015, 11:47:46 PM

Hey all,
Pardon the brief topic change but this S7 thread seemed like a good place to get some assistance. I'm new to the network side of things, and had a question for you guys about accessing an S7 remotely.

There are 3 S7's directly hooked up to the cable modem itself at the warehouse. I purchased a static IP address and can access the main cable modem config page remotely which lists the miners with IP's such as :192.168.0.5 - .0.9. When I type in those IP addresses from home, I can't access any miners (which makes sense as I understand it.) Can anyone offer some guidance as to what configuring i need to do on the miner to enable remote access. Thanks in advance for any help.

Mountainminer333
Put a cheap laptop remotely and use teamviewer.
Cable modem has a dhcp server to it is giving your miners ip addresses.
You can connect the laptop and remote control it with teamviewer and fire up browsers to monitor and configure the miners.
TeamViewer is free if you don't have many connections open at the same time. So you would have just one connection to the laptop and it would do all the operations

YES! TEAMVIEWER !!!

When I was running my S2's at an office over an hours drive away, I used TEAMVIEWER.

I also have a DataLoggers IP based remote power switch system. Its a 120V device, but with some industrial relays, I use the 120V output from the remote power switch to power the relay and the relay switches the 240V that goes to the miners. That way if one unit locks up or if I need to reboot or turn off a unit, I can do it from home. But again, that is not accessable from the web alone, I needed to use TEAMVIEWER to get "into" my office, then from there I could do anything ... even watch the remote cameras I had installed.
wolfen

Activity: 770
Merit: 523

View Profile
October 23, 2015, 11:50:56 PM

Hey all,
Pardon the brief topic change but this S7 thread seemed like a good place to get some assistance. I'm new to the network side of things, and had a question for you guys about accessing an S7 remotely.

There are 3 S7's directly hooked up to the cable modem itself at the warehouse. I purchased a static IP address and can access the main cable modem config page remotely which lists the miners with IP's such as :192.168.0.5 - .0.9. When I type in those IP addresses from home, I can't access any miners (which makes sense as I understand it.) Can anyone offer some guidance as to what configuring i need to do on the miner to enable remote access. Thanks in advance for any help.

Mountainminer333
You can connect the laptop and remote control it with teamviewer and fire up browsers to monitor and configure the miners.
TeamViewer is free if you don't have many connections open at the same time. So you would have just one connection to the laptop and it would do all the operations

YES! TEAMVIEWER !!!

When I was running my S2's at an office over an hours drive away, I used TEAMVIEWER.

I also have a DataLoggers IP based remote power switch system. Its a 120V device, but with some industrial relays, I use the 120V output from the remote power switch to power the relay and the relay switches the 240V that goes to the miners. That way if one unit locks up or if I need to reboot or turn off a unit, I can do it from home.
you can get an ap7911 network 30 amp pdu with a nema L6-30 plug on eBay for $100 shipped.
I have eight. Run 3 s7's per pdu
S5's used to lock up against nicehash all the time. Remote power cycle is excellent.

For those about to block we salute you! AC->BTC
AriesIV10
Legendary

Activity: 1260
Merit: 1006

Mine for a Bit

View Profile WWW
October 23, 2015, 11:51:41 PM

Hey all,

Mountainminer333

YES! TEAMVIEWER !!!

I also have a DataLoggers IP based remote power switch system. Its a 120V device, but with some industrial relays, I use the 120V output from the remote power switch to power the relay and the relay switches the 240V that goes to the miners. That way if one unit locks up or if I need to reboot or turn off a unit, I can do it from home.

I also have to agree with teamviewer!  I have used it for years with secure connections.  I have a BTC farm in DC and OH and can remote to both of them with my phone or computer.  I can control each device settings as if I were there.  It is also free.  I would highly recommend.

BTC Address (Donations):  3LepZAju88ZRuNVD4cS6Xv5hKyKrjvirkB     Website:  www.MintMining.com
Email: Mining@MintMining.com      Power Supplies: https://bit.ly/2TtvdOR
UfoRia

Activity: 182
Merit: 100

View Profile
October 23, 2015, 11:56:25 PM

Bitmain is all sold out of all S7s Batch 1, 2, and 3. 

SPECULATION (without any facts)

Is there an introduction of a new product? Maybe with the new chip.

Are they releasing the new S7+

Are they now trying to catch up?

Are they freezing sales to avoid loss with the increased BTC value?

Just Saying

My guess is that they are trying to get all b1/2/3 out the door, then when they are caught up they will have another batch. Based on the QA\QC issues they had I will be surprised that they will be releasing a new s7+ in the short term. If I was them I would be mining with them and not selling them, at least to see if the price swings to $300.

Ufo

If I have been a help, my BTC donation address -> 1GUEqAzbMvwkY7hbb6bauhY6AkVoCSXDkp
wolfen

View Profile
October 24, 2015, 12:01:54 AM

Just Saying

My guess is that they are trying to get all b1/2/3 out the door, then when they are caught up they will have another batch. Based on the QA\QC issues they had I will be surprised that they will be releasing a new s7+ in the short term. If I was them I would be mining with them and not selling them, at least to see if the price swings to $300.

Ufo
S7+ can be made from 3 s7's with 6 long hash cables. The chassis just slide together tongue and groove.
Just use one of the controllers.

bbOOmm

View Profile
October 24, 2015, 12:03:41 AM

Hey all,

Mountainminer333

YES! TEAMVIEWER !!!

you can get an ap7911 network 30 amp pdu with a nema L6-30 plug on eBay for $100 shipped.
I have eight. Run 3 s7's per pdu
S5's used to lock up against nicehash all the time. Remote power cycle is excellent.

Yea, those are nice.... my DataLogger switch cost be $0.89 /lb .... at a Goodwill outlet  .... something like $3-$4 it cost...  Grin
bbOOmm

View Profile
October 24, 2015, 12:05:56 AM

Just Saying

Ufo
S7+ can be made from 3 s7's with 6 long hash cables. The chassis just slide together tongue and groove.

Once I get my S7's I'll be making some longer has board cables to do just that... 1 controller, 3 S7's = 1 S7 super
AriesIV10
Legendary

Mine for a Bit

View Profile WWW
October 24, 2015, 12:10:53 AM

Just Saying

Ufo

Once I get my S7's I'll be making some longer has board cables to do just that... 1 controller, 3 S7's = 1 S7 super

What is the benefit of making a S7+

BTC Address (Donations):  3LepZAju88ZRuNVD4cS6Xv5hKyKrjvirkB     Website:  www.MintMining.com
wolfen

View Profile
October 24, 2015, 12:14:19 AM

Just Saying

Ufo

One piece 15th miner with one controller.
Only down side is that you have to take down 15th to work on it instead of 5th

AriesIV10
Legendary

Mine for a Bit

View Profile WWW
October 24, 2015, 12:20:02 AM

Just Saying

Ufo

Kinda lost me on that one.  I don't know what a 15th miner or 5th miner is.  How does it impact the bottom line?

dmwardjr
Legendary

Activity: 1302
Merit: 1318

Technical Analyst/Trader

View Profile
October 24, 2015, 12:20:10 AM

I just believe if and/or when 14/16nm chips are available in rigs, they will be quite pricey.  
They are taking preorders and have a price for bulk buyers
“The miners are now available for pre-order at a price of 0.87 BTC with a minimum order of 333 miners which is 1 petahash,” Virgilio Lizardo Jr., Head of International at Bitbank told Bitcoin Magazine in an exclusive interview. “This price will be available until November 11, 2015. This winter, the miners will be available with no minimum order required; the price at this time has not been decided yet.”
https://bitcoinmagazine.com/articles/bw-to-launch-nm-chip-and-miner-for-general-population-1445278227

I just got back from Five Guys & Fries.  Thanks for the link.  I'm going to check it out.

Follow me on Trading View for excellent signals in Bitcoin/US dollar - Bitstamp - https://www.tradingview.com/u/WyckoffMode/.  You can follow me on Twitter at https://twitter.com/ModeWyckoff My YouTube Channel: https://www.youtube.com/channel/UC8IbhpQwrTD6BozJPWnyAHA  My Discord Invite Link: https://discord.com/invite/3EJYTytaTT  My Website is in LIVE BETA: https://wyckoffmode.com/
wolfen

View Profile
October 24, 2015, 12:24:33 AM

Just Saying

Ufo

Kinda lost me on that one.  I don't know what a 15th miner or 5th miner is.  How does it impact the bottom line?
One s7=5th/s (4.8th/s)
Three s7 bonded together 5th+5th+5th=15th

AriesIV10
Legendary

Mine for a Bit

View Profile WWW
October 24, 2015, 12:28:18 AM

Just Saying

Ufo

One s7=5th/s (4.8th/s)

Haha, Thanks Wolfen!  I get it.  Are there any impacts to the operation of the units by doing this that would make it more efficient or productive?

wolfen

View Profile
October 24, 2015, 12:34:36 AM

Just Saying

Ufo

One s7=5th/s (4.8th/s)

Haha, Thanks Wolfen!  I get it.  Are there any impacts to the operation of the units by doing this that would make it more efficient or productive?

Don't really know. Would have to run one and see. Cables not that hard to make or buy.

wolfen

View Profile
October 24, 2015, 12:37:16 AM

Was a bit worried about the s7 farm I'm putting together but these babies sing.
Lots of internal/external connections.
Very pleased folks.

cryptichermit

Activity: 106
Merit: 10

View Profile
October 24, 2015, 12:46:42 AM

Wolfen,
Thanks for the idea. I never thought of that and I'll definitely keep that in my back pocket of options Smiley However, I'd like to be able to do it properly just so I know how.

Why not just log into your remote router and set up port forwards to specific IP and port 80.
Then you can just use your external IP address along with a port in your browser and connect to individual units.

Something like this EXTERNAL PORT START: 6969 / EXTERNAL PORT END: 6969    -  INTERNAL PORT START: 80 / INTERNAL PORT END: 80 - INTERNAL IP ADDRESS 192.168.0.X
philipma1957
Legendary

Activity: 4158
Merit: 8051

'The right to privacy matters'

View Profile WWW
October 24, 2015, 12:47:57 AM

Just Saying

Ufo

Kinda lost me on that one.  I don't know what a 15th miner or 5th miner is.  How does it impact the bottom line?
One s7=5th/s (4.8th/s)

Haha, Thanks Wolfen!  I get it.  Are there any impacts to the operation of the units by doing this that would make it more efficient or productive?

Yes

Less power
Spare controller actually two.

less pcie cables
less cat 5/6  cables
and it you run 2 s-7+  you save power on 4 controllers plus less ethernet switches.

sine you use 2 cat5/6 cables not 6 cat5/6 cables

▄▄███████▄▄
▄██████████████▄
▄██████████████████▄
▄████▀▀▀▀███▀▀▀▀█████▄
▄█████████████▄█▀████▄
███████████▄███████████
██████████▄█▀███████████
██████████▀████████████
▀█████▄█▀█████████████▀
▀████▄▄▄▄███▄▄▄▄████▀
▀██████████████████▀
▀███████████████▀
▀▀███████▀▀
 MΞTAWIN  THE FIRST WEB3 CASINO   
.. PLAY NOW ..
wolfen

View Profile
October 24, 2015, 12:50:49 AM

Just Saying

Ufo

One s7=5th/s (4.8th/s)

Yes

Less power
Spare controller actually two
Does controller use that much juice?

mountainminer333

Activity: 43
Merit: 0

View Profile
October 24, 2015, 12:52:53 AM

Thanks all for the suggestions. It's much appreciated Smiley
wolfen

View Profile
October 24, 2015, 01:11:11 AM

So the 14nm chip is 12 month preorder?

Pages: « 1 ... 93 94 95 96 97 98 99 100 101 102 103 104 105 106 107 108 109 110 111 112 113 114 115 116 117 118 119 120 121 122 123 124 125 126 127 128 129 130 131 132 133 134 135 136 137 138 139 140 141 142 [143] 144 145 146 147 148 149 150 151 152 153 154 155 156 157 158 159 160 161 162 163 164 165 166 167 168 169 170 171 172 173 174 175 176 177 178 179 180 181 182 183 184 185 186 187 188 189 190 191 192 193 ... 416 »
  Print  

Jump to: