Bitcoin Forum
April 26, 2024, 07:28:08 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 [17] 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 »
  Print  
Author Topic: [ANN][OC] Orangecoin v2.0.4 ✦ PoS ✦ Anon ✦ Masternode Whitepaper ✦ Get Juiced!  (Read 72449 times)
Halofire

Activity: 938
Merit: 1000

@halofirebtc

View Profile
September 12, 2015, 03:33:04 AM

Left wallet open all day come back to it crash on client and errors. Wish it would be simple lol guessing it don't like Windows 8.1 x64

Problem signature:
  Problem Event Name:   APPCRASH
  Application Name:   OrangeCoin-Qt.exe
  Application Version:   1.0.7.0
  Application Timestamp:   09ef73c0
  Fault Module Name:   OrangeCoin-Qt.exe
  Fault Module Version:   1.0.7.0
  Fault Module Timestamp:   09ef73c0
  Exception Code:   40000015
  Exception Offset:   00d7b0bd
  OS Version:   6.3.9600.2.0.0.256.48
  Locale ID:   2057
  Additional Information 1:   b03a
  Additional Information 2:   b03aa74b0464f520b7193f98a776061d
  Additional Information 3:   7be8
  Additional Information 4:   7be89ef21c86e5bf7e5deb22b4a95426

Are you using 1.0.7?

No am using the latest updated one of the website and new links used and blockchain download deleted everything out other than my wallet.dat file and re did.

Current version showing in client running at the moment is v2.0.1.0

I will try to delete everything back up wallet using prive key delete everything and import key in see if that works, as  I have not tried this yet. Maybe the wallet or could be am using SSD drive and it does not like ti as  I had sort of same problems with Bitcoin qt

Ok, keep us posted. I've heard other weird things before about SSD's and crypto. I don't remember exactly what it was though. Ignore my banter. Wink

What do you have in your orangecoin.conf?
Little update on the situation.

Deleted everything started fresh took out all wallets started fresh one. Wallets all synced updated no problem.  Imported wallet so have new address as well as old still not seeing the coins and says import successful bla bla bla restarted wallet re indexed still nothing on it so I do not get it.  My next final step and I no doubt think this is going to be SSD over old scroll Sata being the problem as now been though every possibility.

Daft as it may seem with Bitcoin QT the problem is almost identical SSD being fast and wallet maybe cant keep up with pace of read/wrigt speed or something conflicting my end.  Going to delete everything move over to normal SATA drive n see if that works. Is showing all history and chain updated but no balances. Yet I go on old client works fine before patched one but wont sync.

Small option to update feature and option. Next exe release ability to select where you want the app data to go or have freedom to use whatever hard drive location you want as theirs currently no option right now and default install is putting c drive app data.
Well after re doing bunch of times and importing again seems to be updating proper now. Stake working and balances their and waiting on stake to come though extra 80.22 or so and 15080.026575 currently staking.

Nice to see the coin is back up and operational on Bittrex. I will be providing some ideas in private on irc if any devs about later on Smiley

Wow.... Bud YOU did not have to do all of that, first of all the network kind of depends how fast you can either download or upload data ( your pipe that you have subscribed to AKA the internet connection speed ) has nothing really how fast your HDD is, the blocks are like 32KB a chunk as i have ran a packet tracer whiles syncing, even watch a bootstrap load and watch the appdata\orangecoin blkindex file grow\build in file size. BUT I honor your perseverance, patience and troubleshooting ability!

But also on a side note when we mean MANDATORY update it's because it is, new implications state after 2.0.1 going forward we have implemented Version BANHAMMER ( I LOVE IT!!! ) therefore older versions will no longer sync with the current version/protocol chain thus preventing the 2.0.0 massacre we avoided.

AND CONGRATS on the recovery of your coins!

Cheers!

-Raven

PS i may have sounded stupid due to my basic knowledge of how blocks are transformed or created i have read many, many, many, articles it still confuses me hence why i have stuck to the PR marketing side of things, even though i havea degree in networking. HAHA (waste of money!)  

I got B -Tech in IT but still means nadda these days other than saying you are certified geek lol. Is just matter trouble shooting really. Having 50 down 10 up can download massive amounts of data killed a few torrent clients stress testing downloading linux and massive files that have enough seed on to max download and upload limit.  I needed to allocate more ram to the software and allocate to cache to cope with the feed of data going in.

Without making the changes this would effect the speed of how fast it could download the data, stupid as it might seam, but experience and working though fault finding lead me to some settings to change automatic cache size. Disc cache is used to keep frequently accessed data in memory to reduce the number of reads and writes the hard drive does. So more I look into it and writing this seems located the problem or could also have problems in client with amount of cache memory is allocated on program.

Am wondering if it is in a way sort of like this with crypto clients too if it gets to x speed it cant cope and has problems keeping up downloading allocating/processing and adding to hard drive for read/wrights done, errors out due to maxing limit on how many read/wright hdd can do. I do see some massive spikes in CPU use and ram use when downloading. Bit like Bitcoin client when that is downloading its using almost 70% of my recesses so maybe it has bigger head room for downloading block-chain and seems to download stupidly fast too. Even tho orange is fairly fast, maybe client needs look at memory allocation to cache and options in it too allocate x amount of MB to use and also how many cores of cpu also used.

Thing is with data allocation on a system if you have the power on one and not on the other then it can lead to problems and I know this from experience. Take prime example trying to run before walking, not gonna happen. Take playing a game that is hungry for everything and it requires high end gpu say R9 290x or above and you have on-board its gonna go 3 ways. 1 it don't run it, 2 it runs it but on low settings or 3 it runs and crashes your whole system and get a BSOD.

Even with the crash that can be caused by memory leak read wright errors. Just had to pin point what exactly it is when I do not know everything about crypto and how it all works. Also if any DEVS of Orange on please feel free to take some of this as ideas on improvements to make some adjustments and have a beta before and after results Smiley

and PPPPPPPPPPPPSSSSSSSSSSS why no one on IRC or is it another freenode one orangecoindev is empty only one person in needs more activity in it.

Yeah I forgot about video card and ram allocations. Miners knowledge went out the window two years ago at the beginning of the spike of "datacenters" basically of Asics. Sold 10 r9 270s said out, no more mining. I have been just learning ever since about the technology behind the scenes of chains and tokens, even trying to learn how to code. Which has been an adventure in itself, even to  just read the github sources, maybe a fresh set of eyes is what you need sometimes. Thank you for giving me something to research upon, a couple things actually.

Cheers!

-Raven

Ps Sorry if I may have offended in my previous post. I ment no harm.

It's not just about gpu and ram either. There is a huge difference between HDD(sata) and SSD hard drives, from speed, to how they store data, to how they are accessed, and how one is digital and one is a platinum platter with mechanical parts. Ya get the idea.

As far as why is no one on IRC, I wasn't home for last ~8hours. I'd love to receive ideas we can toss around. Maybe tomorrow if I'm/we're around when you are. Smiley

Glad you got your coins back, crazy. Smiley

OC Development - oZwWbQwz6LAkDLa2pHsEH8WSD2Y3LsTgFt
SMC Development - SgpYdoVz946nLBF2hF3PYCVQYnuYDeQTGu
Friendly reminder: Back up your wallet.dat files!!
The forum was founded in 2009 by Satoshi and Sirius. It replaced a SourceForge forum.
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
raven7886
Legendary

Activity: 1512
Merit: 1041

View Profile
September 12, 2015, 05:02:55 AM

I've had bad luck with SSDs drive controller burns. and intel or samsung would do but $$$$ OCZ bad...sorry but other wise yes. SSDs
crazyearner
Legendary

Activity: 1820
Merit: 1001

View Profile
September 12, 2015, 01:06:56 PM

Yeah I forgot about video card and ram allocations. Miners knowledge went out the window two years ago at the beginning of the spike of "datacenters" basically of Asics. Sold 10 r9 270s said out, no more mining. I have been just learning ever since about the technology behind the scenes of chains and tokens, even trying to learn how to code. Which has been an adventure in itself, even to  just read the github sources, maybe a fresh set of eyes is what you need sometimes. Thank you for giving me something to research upon, a couple things actually.

Cheers!

-Raven
Ps Sorry if I may have offended in my previous post. I ment no harm.

None taken fella, is all good here Smiley Coding I dont realy know much on even tho part of me btech was lol learned it then forgot about it due to hardly coding. I just sitck to problem solving or trying to and upgrading and fixing stuff now lol. And no problem for giving you other stuff to lookup Smiley more you learn better it gets but takes time to learn all areas of crypto even today am still learning. Thinking my next step is maybe to get back into and visual basic and other languages and maybe strip stuff down re build up and see about making improvements where things need to be done. Maybe one day if I learn enough about crypto to come out with a coin.

@ Halofire theheh ye lots to do myself am in  irc just send me a poke or slap if am here when you are ill jump on and have a good chat on bouncing ideas with ya.

=
  R E B E L L I O U S 
  ▄▀▀▀▀▀▄▄                           ▄▄▀▀▀▀▀▄
▄▀        █▄▄                     ▄▄█        ▀▄
█            █████████████████████            █
█▄          ██       ██ ██       ██          ▄█
█        █            █            █        █
  █    █               █               █    █
   █ ██               █ █               ██ █
    █ █               █ █               █ █
    █ ███▄  █████▄   ██ ██   ▄█████  ▄███ █
    █     ███     █         █     ███     █
     █   █   ▀███ █  █   █  █ ███▀   █   █
     █   █      █ █  █   █  █ █      █   █
     █   █      ██  █     █  ██      █   █
      █  █     ██  █       █  ██     █  █
      █  █    ██  █ ███████ █  ██    █  █
      █ ███   ██  █         █  ██   ███ █
       █   ▀███      █   █      ███▀   █
        █     ██       █       ██     █
         █      █   ▄▄███▄▄   █      █
          ███   ███▀       ▀███   ███
             █████           █████
                  ███████████
             █████           █████
                  ███████████
  R E B E L L I O U S
Halofire

@halofirebtc

View Profile
September 12, 2015, 04:23:10 PM

I'm on IRC for a couple hours. Come chat, say hi! Smiley

Note: I tried logging in through the client, and the client crashed.

mavigro

Activity: 44
Merit: 0

View Profile
September 12, 2015, 05:03:10 PM

Nice to see new wallet out and updates are resolving the sync problems that was going on. I have a problem now. Updated synced. All transaction history is their for me wallet however my balance is showing 0 and on block chain info showing my balance yet wallet on PC is not showing any balance of what I meant to have. Any ideas to resolve? have tried rescan and also re index no joy shows all transaction history in transactions yet no coin in wallet.

If you can't see any coins on your wallet , including your balance , please go to debug on your client and type repairwallet and enter.

That should fix all balance issues.

Warm Regards,
~SoopY~

This has not worked.

13:25:01
repairwallet

{
"mismatched spent coins" : 2,
"amount affected by repair" : 18278.93063700
}

Details on wallet.

http://puu.sh/k7tZT.png

http://puu.sh/k7u12.png

Address on blockchain https://chainz.cryptoid.info/oc/address.dws?oXgwHAosJ9K8JCYe1Wai9vEykYzUJyADSJ.htm

Any ideas on what is going on here??

Leave your wallet open, even let your wallet stake.

I had a problem of a few missing coins, so I left my wallet open and staking.

My problem resolved itself after a few hours.

I suggest you leave your wallet staking for a whole day.

Your coins are safe, because you saved your wallet.dat, your wallet still contains details of transactions.

I can confirm that this worked for me as well. After 2.0.1 re-synch from scratch, I was 25k coins short even after leaving wallet open overnight. Reapirwallet didn't help, but once I let it stake, it now matches the explorer.

Same here, after synchronizing from scratch (in only 3hrs) I initially encountered long patches of grey "Unconfirmed" Type "Mined" transactions through 2015 however those largely became green "Confirmed" overnight.

Thanks much to everyone that toughed-out this undoubtedly nerve-racking remediation! Grateful to have a healthy, staking OC client back on my desktop!
Halofire

@halofirebtc

View Profile
September 12, 2015, 05:33:54 PM

Some great ideas being thrown around in IRC. Smiley
We're still online, use the link from the OP, there seems to be a bug in the IRC through the client.

Join us! Smiley

Halofire

@halofirebtc

View Profile
September 12, 2015, 05:35:57 PM

Nice to see new wallet out and updates are resolving the sync problems that was going on. I have a problem now. Updated synced. All transaction history is their for me wallet however my balance is showing 0 and on block chain info showing my balance yet wallet on PC is not showing any balance of what I meant to have. Any ideas to resolve? have tried rescan and also re index no joy shows all transaction history in transactions yet no coin in wallet.

If you can't see any coins on your wallet , including your balance , please go to debug on your client and type repairwallet and enter.

That should fix all balance issues.

Warm Regards,
~SoopY~

This has not worked.

repairwallet

{
"mismatched spent coins" : 2,
"amount affected by repair" : 18278.93063700
}

Details on wallet.

Address on blockchain https://chainz.cryptoid.info/oc/address.dws?oXgwHAosJ9K8JCYe1Wai9vEykYzUJyADSJ.htm

Any ideas on what is going on here??

Leave your wallet open, even let your wallet stake.

I had a problem of a few missing coins, so I left my wallet open and staking.

My problem resolved itself after a few hours.

I suggest you leave your wallet staking for a whole day.

Your coins are safe, because you saved your wallet.dat, your wallet still contains details of transactions.

I can confirm that this worked for me as well. After 2.0.1 re-synch from scratch, I was 25k coins short even after leaving wallet open overnight. Reapirwallet didn't help, but once I let it stake, it now matches the explorer.

Same here, after synchronizing from scratch (in only 3hrs) I initially encountered long patches of grey "Unconfirmed" Type "Mined" transactions through 2015 however those largely became green "Confirmed" overnight.

Thanks much to everyone that toughed-out this undoubtedly nerve-racking remediation! Grateful to have a healthy, staking OC client back on my desktop!

Another satisfied orange. Smiley

raven7886
Legendary

View Profile
September 12, 2015, 06:01:07 PM

I'll be on in a bit, at work.
crazyearner
Legendary

View Profile
September 12, 2015, 09:14:07 PM

only problem i got now is with the last 2 minted on system ones confirmed the others 2 in gray not  confirming at all.

=
  R E B E L L I O U S 
             █████           █████
                  ███████████
             █████           █████
                  ███████████
  R E B E L L I O U S
Halofire

@halofirebtc

View Profile
September 13, 2015, 03:49:00 AM

only problem i got now is with the last 2 minted on system ones confirmed the others 2 in gray not  confirming at all.

Sometimes PoS does orphan some blocks. Just keep watching your wallet, make sure your amounts are staking as they should eventually.

GREEDYJOHN
Legendary

Activity: 1778

View Profile
September 13, 2015, 01:18:29 PM

Happy staking to everybody  Cheesy

raven7886
Legendary

View Profile
September 13, 2015, 03:14:52 PM

Happy staking to everybody  Cheesy

To you as well John.

Cheers!

-Raven
OrangecoinTeam (OP)

Activity: 36

View Profile
September 13, 2015, 06:07:10 PM

How's everyone's wallet functioning? Smiley
raven7886
Legendary

View Profile
September 13, 2015, 06:12:02 PM

No Hiccups here. Staked today.
OrangecoinTeam (OP)

View Profile
September 13, 2015, 06:15:41 PM

That's good. A nice and quiet weekend in OC land. Smiley
OrangecoinTeam (OP)

View Profile
September 13, 2015, 06:24:45 PM

I noticed the activity post count keeps rising, so... Wink
raven7886
Legendary

View Profile
September 13, 2015, 07:07:19 PM

I noticed the activity post count keeps rising, so... Wink

Ha, the views as well.
crazyearner
Legendary

View Profile
September 14, 2015, 01:05:20 AM

Any idea on how to resolve me 2 payments that are stuck on me account for stake that have not matured or having any confirmations on them? Checked blockchain and theirs no record of them.

Date: 06/09/2015 05:34
Debit: 0.00 OC
Net amount: -3279.130637 OC
Transaction ID: 3f2940e8b8b4f0098e09273d1811e01e62bc8bf1f3d7a3f707a8a4147f631c31

Date: 06/09/2015 05:43
Debit: 0.00 OC
Net amount: -14999.80 OC
Transaction ID: 240553637b0645423e95fbdf7fb31a5c6aa9419e2f365a806cb758007245c5c3

And on wallet shows as minted stake

Yet I haven't had any out going transactions only incoming. The 2 minted shown on account below are in wallet but when going into them give the complete different details in them with unconfirmed transactions.

=
  R E B E L L I O U S 
             █████           █████
                  ███████████
             █████           █████
                  ███████████
  R E B E L L I O U S
raven7886
Legendary

View Profile
September 14, 2015, 01:07:31 AM

I have tons of those. I don't regard those.
crazyearner
Legendary

View Profile
September 14, 2015, 01:28:44 AM

I have tons of those. I don't regard those.

So in a way they like the blocks that never happened and that are like in a way stale blocks etc. oh well just coins sat their worth nadda then maybe something to look into on being able to remove them lol. Wonder whatt causing this then as am sure that is another bug to look at what the cause is and how to resolve it.

Little feature for future to have option to show what transactions you want and have a tick list. Come up with the idea from this so can hid what you don't want to see lol

=
  R E B E L L I O U S 
             █████           █████
                  ███████████
             █████           █████
                  ███████████
  R E B E L L I O U S
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 [17] 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 »
  Print  

Jump to: