Bitcoin Forum
April 26, 2024, 01:24:09 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 [35] 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 »
  Print  
Author Topic: [ANN][OC] Orangecoin v2.0.4 ✦ PoS ✦ Anon ✦ Masternode Whitepaper ✦ Get Juiced!  (Read 72449 times)
GREEDYJOHN
Legendary

Activity: 1778
Merit: 1000

View Profile
November 29, 2015, 09:52:38 AM

Hi there,

Too many exchanges are not good for a coin, especially when we are waiting for some critical updates to be implemented.

There are some updates that must run throughout the entire network, progress can be seriously hindered when some exchanges simply refuse to update.

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
The Bitcoin network protocol was designed to be extremely flexible. It can be used to create timed transactions, escrow transactions, multi-signature transactions, etc. The current features of the client only hint at what will be possible in the future.
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.
Halofire

Activity: 938

@halofirebtc

View Profile
November 29, 2015, 03:14:49 PM
Last edit: November 29, 2015, 03:33:10 PM by Halofire

Hey everyone, great work on everything and looking forward to the upcoming additions.  Much thanks to the community and especially Halo and Soopy, bravo.

I'm curious about the new Mac update and if there is a way to download the blockchain so it all doesn't have to be downloaded again.  This is a common issue that I have with several coins.   There doesn't seem to be too great of an answer anywhere on the 'net outside of tech language which is out of the scope of new coin adopters, speculators, tech un-savvy folk.  I was going to suggest a FAQ (I am not capable of writing it) about such issues that commonly arise with wallet changes, forks, etc.  Written for the layman and for folks who are not tech savvy and don't know about add-nodes etc.  

I am glad to donate!!  

Also, since I have maintained a windows wallet while Mac has been down do I have to install my most recent .dat file in order to see the most recent staking rewards!?  

Good work OC team!

edit:  Also, what is coin control and how do I use it?  Can I direct staked coins to a new address?  Thanks!!

We have a bootstrap file with instructions located on the website that you can use that speeds up the download, use this path instead for Mac, "~/Library/App Support/Orangecoin/bootstrap.dat".

Coin control wiki from HBN: http://wiki.hobonickels.info/index.php?title=Coin_Control. Basically it lets you choose what coins to send instead of letting the wallet choose for you. It's for efficient staking, so you don't mess up your coin ages, or it's for sending coins from a certain wallet key for whatever reason you'd want. Smiley

If coins are staked, they are automatically placed into the "staked:" of the "overview" tab of the wallet. They are immovable and unusable until they get all the required confirms. Additional information on staked coins can be found in the tutorial section of the website. Smiley

OC Development - oZwWbQwz6LAkDLa2pHsEH8WSD2Y3LsTgFt
SMC Development - SgpYdoVz946nLBF2hF3PYCVQYnuYDeQTGu
Friendly reminder: Back up your wallet.dat files!!
Halofire

@halofirebtc

View Profile
November 29, 2015, 03:29:22 PM

I'm not quite back in the office yet, folks. Probably Monday/Tuesday, possibly Wednesday. Just giving a heads up.

raven7886
Legendary

Activity: 1512
Merit: 1041

View Profile
December 02, 2015, 03:27:28 PM

Hey everyone, great work on everything and looking forward to the upcoming additions.  Much thanks to the community and especially Halo and Soopy, bravo.

I'm curious about the new Mac update and if there is a way to download the blockchain so it all doesn't have to be downloaded again.  This is a common issue that I have with several coins.   There doesn't seem to be too great of an answer anywhere on the 'net outside of tech language which is out of the scope of new coin adopters, speculators, tech un-savvy folk.  I was going to suggest a FAQ (I am not capable of writing it) about such issues that commonly arise with wallet changes, forks, etc.  Written for the layman and for folks who are not tech savvy and don't know about add-nodes etc. 

I am glad to donate!! 

Also, since I have maintained a windows wallet while Mac has been down do I have to install my most recent .dat file in order to see the most recent staking rewards!? 

Good work OC team!

edit:  Also, what is coin control and how do I use it?  Can I direct staked coins to a new address?  Thanks!!

We have a bootstrap file with instructions located on the website that you can use that speeds up the download, use this path instead for Mac, "~/Library/App Support/Orangecoin/bootstrap.dat".

Coin control wiki from HBN: http://wiki.hobonickels.info/index.php?title=Coin_Control. Basically it lets you choose what coins to send instead of letting the wallet choose for you. It's for efficient staking, so you don't mess up your coin ages, or it's for sending coins from a certain wallet key for whatever reason you'd want. Smiley

If coins are staked, they are automatically placed into the "staked:" of the "overview" tab of the wallet. They are immovable and unusable until they get all the required confirms. Additional information on staked coins can be found in the tutorial section of the website. Smiley

I can make an updated Bootstrap if needed PM me if i need to do so.

Cheers!

-Raven

PS I am around if anyone needs any help or has any ideas! feel free to shoot them to the community!
Halofire

@halofirebtc

View Profile
December 02, 2015, 07:55:59 PM

I guess a new bootstrap is in order since we have a new checkpoint. If you'd like to make one, great! 

Thanks raven! Smiley

raven7886
Legendary

View Profile
December 02, 2015, 09:31:10 PM

I guess a new bootstrap is in order since we have a new checkpoint. If you'd like to make one, great! 

Thanks raven! Smiley

On it, i'll have a new one after work.
ThisTimeYes

Activity: 49
Merit: 0

View Profile
December 03, 2015, 01:23:57 AM

Thanks raven! Smiley

After looking around quite a bit, the explanation of how to install the bootstrap is the easiest to understand from the OC site. 

Thanks again
raven7886
Legendary

View Profile
December 04, 2015, 12:01:05 AM

Thanks raven! Smiley

I have sent Halo the link to the new bootstrap @ block 348260

Cheers!

-Raven
Halofire

@halofirebtc

View Profile
December 04, 2015, 01:33:03 AM

Thanks raven! Smiley

Cheers!

-Raven

Received. Will update now. Smiley Thanks raven!

raven7886
Legendary

View Profile
December 04, 2015, 01:34:06 AM

Thanks raven! Smiley

Cheers!

-Raven

Received. Will update now. Smiley Thanks raven!

You're welcome.
Halofire

@halofirebtc

View Profile
December 04, 2015, 01:38:13 AM

All done. Was going to write up the coin control thing, but my gf just brought home a bottle of abuela's coquito...... Wink

Halofire

@halofirebtc

View Profile
December 04, 2015, 02:46:04 AM

All done. Was going to write up the coin control thing, but my gf just brought home a bottle of abuela's coquito...... Wink

Actually it made it a little easier. Words flowed like the coquito in my cup. LMAO!!!

Coin Control

Coin control allows greater control of how you send your coins, so to be more efficient and from a chronologic point-of-view. While not required, this is more necessary for PoS coins, because you wouldn't want to send coins to someone if they were just about to stake and especially if you had other coins that had just finished staking.

How to use it:

First, you have to enable coin control. Run your wallet and let it sync. Next, click Settings --> Options --> Display. Click the box next to "Display Coin Control Features (experts only!). Click Apply, then OK. Click on the "Send Coins" tab. You should now have a "Coin Control Features" box, if not, restart your wallet. Clicking "Inputs..." allows you to view the dates for all of the deposits you have made into your wallet, and for PoS coins, it allows you to see when the coins last moved within your wallet (for example, staking moves them by sending them to yourself, this is done automatically and normally splits the original amount into halves via two transactions). Use the "tree and list" modes to suit your viewing needs. The priority column is telling you which coins are next in line to be used, whether for staking or sending.

Note: More transactions in your wallet takes more time to load the coin control box. Have patience, it will load. Doing anything else within the wallet might make your wallet freeze temporarily until it is done loading the coin control box. Even though your operating system (windows, mac, etc, etc) might state the wallet has become unresponsive, it is still loading, just wait.

Note: Navigating in the coin control box can get confusing if looking for a certain wallet address. Because PoS splits the original value into two values when staking, it is possible to gain additional addresses that you aren't aware of. Use the explorer to find your keys and trace your transactions in question.

Note: The fee associated with sending coins via coin control may or may not be equivalent to the dialog box that asks "if you want to send 'x' OC fee to support the network". When in doubt, the dialog box fee supercedes the stated coin control fee.

Note: Coins that are staking are not be able to be viewed in Coin Control until they finish confirming.

Did I miss anything? Only spent 45-60 minutes on it so far.

raven7886
Legendary

View Profile
December 04, 2015, 06:20:57 AM

Actually it made it a little easier. Words flowed like the coquito in my cup. LMAO!!!

Coin Control

Coin control allows greater control of how you send your coins, so to be more efficient and from a chronologic point-of-view. While not required, this is more necessary for PoS coins, because you wouldn't want to send coins to someone if they were just about to stake and especially if you had other coins that had just finished staking.

How to use it:

First, you have to enable coin control. Run your wallet and let it sync. Next, click Settings --> Options --> Display. Click the box next to "Display Coin Control Features (experts only!). Click Apply, then OK. Click on the "Send Coins" tab. You should now have a "Coin Control Features" box, if not, restart your wallet. Clicking "Inputs..." allows you to view the dates for all of the deposits you have made into your wallet, and for PoS coins, it allows you to see when the coins last moved within your wallet (for example, staking moves them by sending them to yourself, this is done automatically and normally splits the original amount into halves via two transactions). Use the "tree and list" modes to suit your viewing needs. The priority column is telling you which coins are next in line to be used, whether for staking or sending.

Note: More transactions in your wallet takes more time to load the coin control box. Have patience, it will load. Doing anything else within the wallet might make your wallet freeze temporarily until it is done loading the coin control box. Even though your operating system (windows, mac, etc, etc) might state the wallet has become unresponsive, it is still loading, just wait.

Note: Navigating in the coin control box can get confusing if looking for a certain wallet address. Because PoS splits the original value into two values when staking, it is possible to gain additional addresses that you aren't aware of. Use the explorer to find your keys and trace your transactions in question.

Note: The fee associated with sending coins via coin control may or may not be equivalent to the dialog box that asks "if you want to send 'x' OC fee to support the network". When in doubt, the dialog box fee supercedes the stated coin control fee.

Note: Coins that are staking are not be able to be viewed in Coin Control until they finish confirming.

Nice Halo!
BlackBaron

Activity: 643
Merit: 263

#SWGT PRE-SALE IS LIVE

View Profile
December 04, 2015, 06:22:40 AM

Can I mine this coin with an ASIC?

.SWG.io.

█▀▀▀

█▄▄▄

▀▀▀█

▄▄▄█

█▀▀▀

█▄▄▄

▀▀▀█

▄▄▄█

raven7886
Legendary

View Profile
December 04, 2015, 06:37:41 AM

Can I mine this coin with an ASIC?

No you cannot, this is in pure 100% POS. Mining was completed a year plus ago check OP.

Cheers

-Raven
GREEDYJOHN
Legendary

Activity: 1778

View Profile
December 04, 2015, 07:13:31 PM

This is a wonderful pure POS coin  Wink

Halofire

@halofirebtc

View Profile
December 06, 2015, 11:20:22 PM

Coin Control

How to use it:

Nice Halo!

Thanks, raven.
Made some minor changes in the wording. It's been posted to the website under "tutorials". Smiley

raven7886
Legendary

View Profile
December 07, 2015, 07:53:13 PM

WHO'S READY!!!!!

Cheers!

-Raven
ThisTimeYes

Activity: 49
Merit: 0

View Profile
December 08, 2015, 07:27:24 AM

Since it wasn't based on a calender year, what was the actual day when staking switched from 20% to 10%? 
raven7886
Legendary

View Profile
December 08, 2015, 01:54:24 PM

Since it wasn't based on a calender year, what was the actual day when staking switched from 20% to 10%? 

That info can be found on the OP
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 [35] 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 »
  Print  

Jump to: