Bitcoin Forum
April 19, 2024, 06:56:45 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 26.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 [45] 46 47 48 49 50 51 »
  Print  
Author Topic: [ANN][OC] Orangecoin v2.0.4 ✦ PoS ✦ Anon ✦ Masternode Whitepaper ✦ Get Juiced!  (Read 72448 times)
raven7886
Legendary

Activity: 1512
Merit: 1041

View Profile
April 06, 2016, 03:24:38 PM
Last edit: April 08, 2016, 07:15:30 PM by raven7886

So after a few hours this morning, playing with Azure. I have decided to run a wallet on there to test things out.

If anyone has anyother ideas how to implement other ideas to this platform we have a month of service.

Cheers!

-Raven

Update:

I would like to roll out to other check marks on the map....

Syncing with chain. I figured to add the backbone of (as much as I hate to type this) M$ft. I have been using Azure @ work. It's pretty cool. At the current price I got 2 months. I will post Address for verification once synced.

Update 4-8-2016:

oXSqazsonp4J3d3XrABW1wu6er71poWCFA Azure Wallet address Synced.....

Cheers!

-Raven
Transactions must be included in a block to be properly completed. When you send a transaction, it is broadcast to miners. Miners can then optionally include it in their next blocks. Miners will be more inclined to include your transaction if it has a higher transaction fee.
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
Halofire

Activity: 938
Merit: 1000

@halofirebtc

View Profile
April 07, 2016, 11:10:38 PM

Btw guys please stake your wallets , the observed that the network is on a standstill , I m testing a new client and waiting to see the network stabalize.

Warm Regards,
~SoopY~

How's the network looking?
My network is good, but I don't know about others.

Well hopefully we will get more to chime in.

Cheers!

-Raven

is the op uptodate? ...

or do i need to look elsewhere to find the git / wallets / current code? ...

tanx ...

#crysx

Crysx,

As far as I am concerned the OPs are current. 2.0.3 version with checkpoints. Also bootstrap available.

Cheers!

-Raven

tanx mate ...

i will start looking into it tomorrow ... very late now - and sleepy Smiley ...

#crysx

Things are OK on my end, network-wise. OP is up to date.

OC Development - oZwWbQwz6LAkDLa2pHsEH8WSD2Y3LsTgFt
SMC Development - SgpYdoVz946nLBF2hF3PYCVQYnuYDeQTGu
Friendly reminder: Back up your wallet.dat files!!
crysx

Activity: 364
Merit: 260

--- ChainWorks Industries ---

View Profile WWW
April 08, 2016, 07:30:48 AM

Btw guys please stake your wallets , the observed that the network is on a standstill , I m testing a new client and waiting to see the network stabalize.

Warm Regards,
~SoopY~

Cheers!

-Raven

is the op uptodate? ...

tanx ...

#crysx

Crysx,

As far as I am concerned the OPs are current. 2.0.3 version with checkpoints. Also bootstrap available.

Cheers!

-Raven

tanx mate ...

#crysx

kool ...

ill have a go with the compile of oc in its current state - and will see if i can get it all running well under fedora 23 x64 ...

got to get a few other things out the way first ...

#crysx

ChainWorks Industries . grn - Ga2TFVPW3y2vd9vMdqLWfid9hf8RPSQV19 . exchange - https://bleutrade.com/exchange/GRN/BTC/ . email - crysx@gnxs.com .
GREEDYJOHN
Legendary

Activity: 1778

View Profile
April 11, 2016, 03:13:10 AM

Big holders of this coin need to look for a new developer.

Halofire

@halofirebtc

View Profile
April 11, 2016, 05:42:40 PM

Big holders of this coin need to look for a new developer.

If Soopy no longer wants to work on OC, he should speak up. If anyone else wants to work on OC, they should speak up.

Back to your statement, I'd like to add onto that idea: It's not just about big holders needing to find a new dev, it's any holders. Anyone with an OC. Let's not discount those little guys because they aren't OC rich. Wink

For now, I wait to see what will happen. The 2 quality devs I know of are busy with other coins.

Just keep staking for now, keep the network alive and well. Smiley

Halofire

@halofirebtc

View Profile
April 11, 2016, 05:44:15 PM

Warm Regards,
~SoopY~

Cheers!

-Raven

is the op uptodate? ...

tanx ...

#crysx

Crysx,

Cheers!

-Raven

tanx mate ...

#crysx

kool ...

ill have a go with the compile of oc in its current state - and will see if i can get it all running well under fedora 23 x64 ...

#crysx

I don't know how much help I can be, never used fedora. I wish you smooth compiling, crysx.

crysx

View Profile WWW
April 12, 2016, 04:17:26 AM

Warm Regards,
~SoopY~

Cheers!

-Raven

is the op uptodate? ...

tanx ...

#crysx

Crysx,

Cheers!

-Raven

tanx mate ...

#crysx

kool ...

#crysx

I don't know how much help I can be, never used fedora. I wish you smooth compiling, crysx.

all good ...

compiled and running mate ...

though it has a christmas santa hat on for the logo - im guessing its still the latest wallet as it seems to be syncing without any real issue ...

as for the speaking up bit ... i wouldnt work on a coin that i could NOT control the outcome of ... especially a coin that i could not have a nice stake in also ...

a premined coin that has most of the coins sitting in the major stakeholders wallets is of no use - especially if the future development of the coin means only a small portion of those wallets is used for development ( ie - getting paid for the work ) ...

the work that soopy ( core dev ) and i ( infrastructure and backend and some coding ) set aside and finalized on droidz ( always with the advice and guidance of greedyjohn ) was more of a 'damage control' situation than it was a development one - simply due to the multiple fingers that were in the 'droidz pie' that had ultimate control over what went on ... which also led to the hell that broke loose when those in control took ( ie - stole ) from the community coffers ( NOT greedyjohn soopy or i ) more than a million of those coins to dump for a few btc ...

this is what happens when devs that are not 'known' and 'others' that are not reliable take control over a coin - which has a community that is desparate to get the network and coin back on its feet ...

i for one ( and i dare you greedyjohn to deny this ) was ALWAYS against the lack of communication that happened in the background ... which eventually led to this pitiful grab at a few btc by those involved ... i asked soopy to help in that situation and soopy came in - had a look - and we both went to work on fixing the issues ...

now droidz is stable and is situated for future plans ... but still with the ironic stigma that 3 threads later and three devs later - that it cant seem to shake off ...

as greedyjohn knows - as well as soopy - i prefer to work with conviction and full focus on the goal - and that cannot happen when too many fingers are and project ... unless there is structure and management of time and processes and people is in order - there canot be stability within the coalition of the TEAM ... there needs to be a lead - and the dev is not always the person to lead ...

soopy has disappeared once again - he was slated to work with me on granite ( and subsequently the sister coin - ozc ozziecoin ) as these projects have been on hold for more than 6MONTHS now due to the droidz fiasco and the othe issues that have risen ...

why am i mentioning all this to you? ... easy answer ...

there is a simple reason why crypto in general have only a very few select coins / projects that are successful in any way shape or form ... they have structure - development TEAM - and leadership ... apart from a future vision ( as most projects should have ) - these three things are a REQUIREMENT for the success of any project ...

so community involvement is important - but the crucial part is the structured TEAM ( notice this word ) that will bring forth the development ...

TEAM - the word that a lot of communities and devs and investors DO NOT seem to understand ...

i may be on a newbie profile currently - and that is a whole other story altogether as i cant post from my chrysophylax account any longer ( and still have had no response from the people at bct for weeks now ) - but i am far from being a newbie in the crypto field or the business / enterprise field ( in real life ) ... the points i have made above WILL be the seeds that make the success of the projects ... the rest is the hard and dedicated work that will follow by the TEAM that works on the project ...

#crysx

ChainWorks Industries . grn - Ga2TFVPW3y2vd9vMdqLWfid9hf8RPSQV19 . exchange - https://bleutrade.com/exchange/GRN/BTC/ . email - crysx@gnxs.com .
raven7886
Legendary

View Profile
April 12, 2016, 05:40:21 AM

Warm Regards,
~SoopY~

Cheers!

-Raven

is the op uptodate? ...

tanx ...

#crysx

Crysx,

Cheers!

-Raven

tanx mate ...

#crysx

kool ...

#crysx

all good ...

though it has a christmas santa hat on for the logo - im guessing its still the latest wallet as it seems to be syncing without any real issue ...

as for the speaking up bit ... i wouldnt work on a coin that i could NOT control the outcome of ... especially a coin that i could not have a nice stake in also ...

a premined coin that has most of the coins sitting in the major stakeholders wallets is of no use - especially if the future development of the coin means only a small portion of those wallets is used for development ( ie - getting paid for the work ) ...

the work that soopy ( core dev ) and i ( infrastructure and backend and some coding ) set aside and finalized on droidz ( always with the advice and guidance of greedyjohn ) was more of a 'damage control' situation than it was a development one - simply due to the multiple fingers that were in the 'droidz pie' that had ultimate control over what went on ... which also led to the hell that broke loose when those in control took ( ie - stole ) from the community coffers ( NOT greedyjohn soopy or i ) more than a million of those coins to dump for a few btc ...

this is what happens when devs that are not 'known' and 'others' that are not reliable take control over a coin - which has a community that is desparate to get the network and coin back on its feet ...

i for one ( and i dare you greedyjohn to deny this ) was ALWAYS against the lack of communication that happened in the background ... which eventually led to this pitiful grab at a few btc by those involved ... i asked soopy to help in that situation and soopy came in - had a look - and we both went to work on fixing the issues ...

now droidz is stable and is situated for future plans ... but still with the ironic stigma that 3 threads later and three devs later - that it cant seem to shake off ...

as greedyjohn knows - as well as soopy - i prefer to work with conviction and full focus on the goal - and that cannot happen when too many fingers are and project ... unless there is structure and management of time and processes and people is in order - there canot be stability within the coalition of the TEAM ... there needs to be a lead - and the dev is not always the person to lead ...

soopy has disappeared once again - he was slated to work with me on granite ( and subsequently the sister coin - ozc ozziecoin ) as these projects have been on hold for more than 6MONTHS now due to the droidz fiasco and the othe issues that have risen ...

there is a simple reason why crypto in general have only a very few select coins / projects that are successful in any way shape or form ... they have structure - development TEAM - and leadership ... apart from a future vision ( as most projects should have ) - these three things are a REQUIREMENT for the success of any project ...

so community involvement is important - but the crucial part is the structured TEAM ( notice this word ) that will bring forth the development ...

TEAM - the word that a lot of communities and devs and investors DO NOT seem to understand ...

i may be on a newbie profile currently - and that is a whole other story altogether as i cant post from my chrysophylax account any longer ( and still have had no response from the people at bct for weeks now ) - but i am far from being a newbie in the crypto field or the business / enterprise field ( in real life ) ... the points i have made above WILL be the seeds that make the success of the projects ... the rest is the hard and dedicated work that will follow by the TEAM that works on the project ...

#crysx

Hey welcome! Sorry I just do social media, and a little background noise. But again welcome. We need a community effort!
GREEDYJOHN
Legendary

View Profile
April 12, 2016, 11:46:38 AM

Big holders of this coin should help. I used to be a big holder, but not anymore. I sold A LOT.

Somebody has bought A LOT. The new big holders should be able to get DEV team for this coin.

I have tried to get soopy over, but he is always missing. I am still around, but not a big holder anymore.

Halofire

@halofirebtc

View Profile
April 13, 2016, 12:47:54 AM

Warm Regards,
~SoopY~

Cheers!

-Raven

is the op uptodate? ...

tanx ...

#crysx

Crysx,

Cheers!

-Raven

tanx mate ...

#crysx

kool ...

#crysx

all good ...

#crysx

Hey welcome! Sorry I just do social media, and a little background noise. But again welcome. We need a community effort!

I agree crysx, about it's not the dev's position to lead a coin, it's a team effort. Been trying to get a innovative, rip-roaring team established for so long...

Halofire

@halofirebtc

View Profile
April 13, 2016, 01:07:56 AM

Big holders of this coin should help. I used to be a big holder, but not anymore. I sold A LOT.

Somebody has bought A LOT. The new big holders should be able to get DEV team for this coin.

I have tried to get soopy over, but he is always missing. I am still around, but not a big holder anymore.

Throwing money at a coin will not solve things completely. If a dev or team is driven, it only takes one dev (or persons on a team) with 1 OC each to make that 1 OC dream worth a million $.
We need a dev and team to be whole-heartedly committed, to achieve new boundaries of code and see what the blockchain can really do. We have parts of that team already.

raven7886
Legendary

View Profile
April 13, 2016, 01:24:50 AM

Throwing money at a coin will not solve things completely. If a dev or team is driven, it only takes one dev (or persons on a team) with 1 OC each to make that 1 OC dream worth a million $.
We need a dev and team to be whole-heartedly committed, to achieve new boundaries of code and see what the blockchain can really do. We have parts of that team already.

Well said. Well said, Halo.

-Raven
crysx

View Profile WWW
April 13, 2016, 01:34:32 AM
Last edit: April 13, 2016, 12:04:49 PM by crysx

-Raven

agreed ... totally ...

hence the word TEAM being 'unounciated' in the post ...

but you cannot expect a TEAM to have 1oc and make it worth $1million if the major holders of the 'team' is but the few that are the richest ... that will not work - no matter which way you look at it ...

a shared expense and wealth is the ONLY way you will do this - unless you get contracters to come in - do the job - and leave - getting PAID ( not invested in oc ) in btc for the 'job' ...

if my team and i came in and did this - with no oc in our pockets - how fair would that be? ...

as a team - shared wealth AND shared responsibility would be the priority ... but having said that - it all goes to hell if you dont have a team LEAD to have the ultimate say after the voting is done ...

sounds too corporate for you? ... it probably is ... but it works and can make a coin pull itself from obscurity - to the the forefront ...

there are some MAJOR holders of oc - that should share some of that wealth if they want to realize the coins potential ... its the only way to attract the attention and focus of devs willing to put time and effort in ...

thats my 1oc worth ( which is more oc than i actually own ) ...

#crysx

GREEDYJOHN
Legendary

View Profile
April 13, 2016, 02:27:46 AM

The BIG HOLDERS of OC should come together to get a new DEV. I am not a big holder anymore.

broken_pixel

Activity: 770
Merit: 500

View Profile
April 13, 2016, 06:50:41 PM

A big holder? How many OC does it take to classify one as a big holder?

GA-990FXA-UD5, 1x 7970L, 2x S1, AX1200i, RIVBE, 2x R290x, NEX1500, BTC: 1G9cQix8bMgh35MQ9wY3Rb9yNSSCtnoRmK, DGC: DFo9FcKYsutv9Vx5c5xUzkrt7VJdECZWTM, LTC: LaAN33aktPGaimN5ALL9kjHjuJekfmKfTh
GREEDYJOHN
Legendary

View Profile
April 13, 2016, 07:06:04 PM

possibly 500k OC and more.

Halofire

@halofirebtc

View Profile
April 13, 2016, 09:29:53 PM

-Raven

agreed ... totally ...

hence the word TEAM being 'unounciated' in the post ...

but you cannot expect a TEAM to have 1oc and make it worth $1million if the major holders of the 'team' is but the few that are the richest ... that will not work - no matter which way you look at it ...

a shared expense and wealth is the ONLY way you will do this - unless you get contracters to come in - do the job - and leave - getting PAID ( not invested in oc ) in btc for the 'job' ...

if my team and i came in and did this - with no oc in our pockets - how fair would that be? ...

as a team - shared wealth AND shared responsibility would be the priority ... but having said that - it all goes to hell if you dont have a team LEAD to have the ultimate say after the voting is done ...

sounds too corporate for you? ... it probably is ... but it works and can make a coin pull itself from obscurity - to the the forefront ...

there are some MAJOR holders of oc - that should share some of that wealth if they want to realize the coins potential ... its the only way to attract the attention and focus of devs willing to put time and effort in ...

thats my 1oc worth ( which is more oc than i actually own ) ...

#crysx

Of course one wouldn't want to do anything without receiving something for their work, but that something received doesn't always necessarily have to be worth something tangible or monetarily backed. Something is lost along the way when something becomes corporate.

If someone wants to come in and provide a service, services including dev work, then they should speak up. Do you think community funds can be raised for something of quality or innovation? I sure as hell do. The amount of momentum, news, and limelight would bring all types of people.

We have the OCDF (development fund) for stuff like this. If a dev provides something innovative, then I'll ask the community if the dev can be given all or some of the fund. With 200k+ OC in it, that's enticing. Want to make OC worth 50 cents? $1? $100?

Want to be paid in btc? Make the work worth it to the rest of the world and they will pay you in the markets. If an innovative dev can't stand behind their work and believe in it, then there's no reason for them to be working on OC or any other coin --- aside from the public's favoring of the dev's work (if the public doesn't like his work and the market shows it, that's not what I'm talking about). We are all trying to make OC grow. We all have our parts. When a dev releases code (soopy in this case), raven and I would hit all the social outlets or connections we had. It all feeds off each other. Cycle breaks, it's hard to get back in the groove, which is kind of where we're at now.

To anyone wanting to work on OC needing payment: Show the community something worth our hard earned OC and we'll go from there. Could be a plan, could be code to push on git, could be just about anything. We are open-minded and receptive. We discuss offers publicly. Some get turned away, some don't. Community consensus. Smiley

Halofire

@halofirebtc

View Profile
April 13, 2016, 09:32:07 PM

possibly 500k OC and more.

On what basis?

-zibrac-

Activity: 24
Merit: 0

View Profile
April 13, 2016, 11:10:41 PM

Warm Regards,
~SoopY~

So I'm confused.  Did you use the hype of Soopy to sell into?  Is this a con like the first developer?  Is it always the same in crypto where con artists just prey on people? 
raven7886
Legendary

View Profile
April 13, 2016, 11:44:55 PM

Warm Regards,
~SoopY~

So I'm confused.  Did you use the hype of Soopy to sell into?  Is this a con like the first developer?  Is it always the same in crypto where con artists just prey on people? 

No, Not that I am aware of. The price of the coin was way higher in August before the updates.

If anything we shot ourselves in the foot by not having a constant active dev, or maybe because since we are a small group we lack the funds nessicary to move forward to a cloud based chain who knows.

(No offense Soop, I understand we have lives, and you did us Great help by solving the issues at hand last year. That cannot be replaced)

My two OCs and I am hopeful for our community we have grown in 6 months.
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 [45] 46 47 48 49 50 51 »
  Print  

Jump to: