Bitcoin Forum
May 05, 2024, 10:23:02 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 [2] 3 4 5 6 7 8 »  All
  Print  
Author Topic: [WTB] BTC with verified PayPal for +-$100  (Read 5102 times)
RustyNomad (OP)

Activity: 336
Merit: 250

View Profile WWW
September 04, 2015, 01:24:57 PM

It really is not a very good idea to accept PayPal from the first poster. Anyone who does accept PayPal has the potential for the transaction to be reversed after several months; it does however appear that there are issues with funds the first poster has sent already.

If the first poster wants to buy Bitcoin then he should withdraw to his bank account and then use cash.

Kind regards
Panthers52

Not correct. If you send the payment as a personal payment it cannot be reversed. Only way it can be done is if the receiving party request for the reversal. The sending party cannot reverse it. You can confirm this with Paypal.

In regards to the funds, there are no issues with the funds. I've been on the phone with Paypal and they confirmed the transaction went through. There is no hold or anything on it on the receiving side. Transaction according to them is done and completed.

On the last point, its not that easy to just pull funds out of Paypal. Maybe in the US and most European countries but not everywhere. Paypal still only offer a limited service in many countries.

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
Bitcoin addresses contain a checksum, so it is very unlikely that mistyping an address will cause you to lose money.
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
Panthers52

Activity: 675
Merit: 502

#SuperBowl50 #NFCchamps

View Profile WWW
September 04, 2015, 01:31:39 PM

It really is not a very good idea to accept PayPal from the first poster. Anyone who does accept PayPal has the potential for the transaction to be reversed after several months; it does however appear that there are issues with funds the first poster has sent already.

If the first poster wants to buy Bitcoin then he should withdraw to his bank account and then use cash.

Kind regards
Panthers52

Not correct. If you send the payment as a personal payment it cannot be reversed. Only way it can be done is if the receiving party request for the reversal. The sending party cannot reverse it. You can confirm this with Paypal.

In regards to the funds, there are no issues with the funds. I've been on the phone with Paypal and they confirmed the transaction went through. There is no hold or anything on it on the receiving side. Transaction according to them is done and completed.

On the last point, its not that easy to just pull funds out of Paypal. Maybe in the US and most European countries but not everywhere. Paypal still only offer a limited service in many countries.
Unfortunately this is not correct. Even if you send PayPal with "Friends and family" the transaction can be reversed if the sending party claims (correctly or not) that his PayPal account was hacked. Another possibility is that the sending party received some kind of stolen funds and PayPal decides to reverse any payment sent with those stolen funds.

I have not been able to verify this, however I have read that stolen PayPal balances can be purchased for pennies on the dollar.

Unless the person selling PayPal funds is highly reputable then it is not a good idea to accept such funds and doing so could get you in some amount of trouble.

If you have no easy way to withdraw your PayPal funds to your bank account then you probably should not accept them as payment yourself.

PGP 827D2A60

Tired of annoying signature ads? Ad block for signatures
RustyNomad (OP)

View Profile WWW
September 04, 2015, 01:40:40 PM

Unfortunately this is not correct. Even if you send PayPal with "Friends and family" the transaction can be reversed if the sending party claims (correctly or not) that his PayPal account was hacked. Another possibility is that the sending party received some kind of stolen funds and PayPal decides to reverse any payment sent with those stolen funds.

I have not been able to verify this, however I have read that stolen PayPal balances can be purchased for pennies on the dollar.

Unless the person selling PayPal funds is highly reputable then it is not a good idea to accept such funds and doing so could get you in some amount of trouble.

If you have no easy way to withdraw your PayPal funds to your bank account then you probably should not accept them as payment yourself.

As said, I spent close on half an hour with Paypals Customer Service and their Limitations Department and it was stated very clearly that they CANNOT reverse a personal payment. No matter what your claim is. All they can do is contact the other party and state the facts and ask that the person request and or agree to a reversal. They cannot or will not do a reversal unless that person agrees to it. A payment sent as a business payment can be reversed and that you can do yourself.

You are welcome to contact them and speak to them.

I understand what you are saying about stolen Paypal accounts. Its for that reason why I stated that my account was verified to indicate that it was not a stolen account.

In regards to the bank story. I do not use Paypal due to the difficulties we have with it here. Have not used that Paypal account in over a year and I do not accept payments on it. I however had a debt paid back to me and that was the only way in which to receive it so I had no choice but to accept it. Its for that reason that I wanted to exchange it here.
monbux
Legendary

Activity: 1736
Merit: 1024

View Profile WWW
September 04, 2015, 01:51:25 PM

As said, I spent close on half an hour with Paypals Customer Service and their Limitations Department and it was stated very clearly that they CANNOT reverse a personal payment. No matter what your claim is. All they can do is contact the other party and state the facts and ask that the person request and or agree to a reversal. They cannot or will not do a reversal unless that person agrees to it. A payment sent as a business payment can be reversed and that you can do yourself.

You are welcome to contact them and speak to them.

I understand what you are saying about stolen Paypal accounts. Its for that reason why I stated that my account was verified to indicate that it was not a stolen account.

In regards to the bank story. I do not use Paypal due to the difficulties we have with it here. Have not used that Paypal account in over a year and I do not accept payments on it. I however had a debt paid back to me and that was the only way in which to receive it so I had no choice but to accept it. Its for that reason that I wanted to exchange it here.

I believe they can, if you claim your account was hacked.

Also, why is everyone believing paypalbusters?  I don't see him providing enough proof to support his claim.
Panthers52

#SuperBowl50 #NFCchamps

View Profile WWW
September 04, 2015, 01:52:33 PM

There have been countless number of cases that resulted in PayPal payments received as friends and family being reversed. Just search the scam accusations section for "PayPal" and see for yourself.

What do you think will happen if someone's PayPal account gets hacked? Do you think PayPal will let the hacker just keep the money? Cheesy

PGP 827D2A60

RustyNomad (OP)

View Profile WWW
September 04, 2015, 02:05:29 PM

There have been countless number of cases that resulted in PayPal payments received as friends and family being reversed. Just search the scam accusations section for "PayPal" and see for yourself.

What do you think will happen if someone's PayPal account gets hacked? Do you think PayPal will let the hacker just keep the money? Cheesy

Yes sorry you are right, in cases where there was malicious/criminal activity involved I guess they would or will have to reverse the payment. I was however more focused on my own situation where I was the one doing the sending of the funds. So there is no recourse in cases where you did the sending of the funds yourself. Whether you blame stupidity [as in my case] or your mother-in-law does not matter, they will not reverse it.

Panthers52

#SuperBowl50 #NFCchamps

View Profile WWW
September 04, 2015, 02:10:26 PM

Yes sorry you are right, in cases where there was malicious/criminal activity involved I guess they would or will have to reverse the payment. I was however more focused on my own situation where I was the one doing the sending of the funds. So there is no recourse in cases where you did the sending of the funds yourself. Whether you blame stupidity [as in my case] or your mother-in-law does not matter, they will not reverse it.

How is someone who is trading with you going to know if you are actually using your own PayPal account? How is PayPal going to know if your account was actually hacked (they have a few ways to tell, but this can still be faked).

This is why you should not accept PayPal funds unless the person sending such funds are highly reputable.

There are people selling forum accounts with no positive reputation for ~$20 or sometimes less so you should not trust the rank of someone sending such PayPal funds.

Kind Regards
Panthers52

PGP 827D2A60

RustyNomad (OP)

View Profile WWW
September 04, 2015, 02:12:28 PM
Last edit: September 04, 2015, 02:24:00 PM by RustyNomad

monbux what proof do i need to provide? i received the payment and i explained that but after that my account was deleted, not limited or other things like that, just deleted...what can i do now? i dont have the money and i dont have my paypal account anymore...
I still wait for the paypal support to answer to my email, i belive that this is a new scam trick but i need to be sure.

If you want to I can speak to the people at Paypal again.

Your account was definitely not deleted due to anything I did. After I sent the funds you were online for a couple of minutes then told me about the 21 day hold and said I must give you a couple of minutes. An hour later you just dropped off the edge of the earth and when I went to your account, or that page [the link you gave me] the message as posted appeared about the closed account. It was only after that that I made contact with Paypal.

They said that they would contact you, did you get their email? Just wondering as you came back online just after they said they would contact you.

EDIT: Drop me a PM once you get this sorted out and or if you need assistance. It would be appreciated if you could get this resolved today. I'll be offline for a couple of hours but will check back later in this evening. Summer is starting this side, last place to be is behind a computer.
cashoutservices

Activity: 157
Merit: 100

View Profile
September 04, 2015, 02:34:22 PM

DiscoverCebu, first time he was unable to send me the money, he received a paypal error and he sayed that he messaged paypal bla bla bla and after a time he sended me the money but idk if he really sended them as family and friends because i needed to accept the paymentand i received the money in pending balance for 21 days.
After max 10 minutes i entered to my paypal again to see if the money is still in pending and i received that username or password is wrong, i tryed to recover my password and looks like my email doesn`t exist in the paypal database.
I cant figure out what was wrong, maybe somebody with more experience can help us to userstand whats wrong...

I sended a email to paypal and regarding this transaction and i`m waiting for a response Sad

Its the message you got when logging in your paypal ?
cashoutservices

View Profile
September 04, 2015, 02:50:42 PM

no, looks like my account doesn`t exists anymore and i cant acces anything, he sended me that printscreen.
I dont find anybody guilty but i think that it`s normal to solve this because i cant figure out what happened, my account was in good standing, has over 2 years and a lot of transactions. Sad

Hmm where does he make the payment ? That printscreen correct me if im wrong look like a payment was made from a site.

How come your account is 2yo but is unverified ? As per the screenshot from the guy account.
RustyNomad (OP)

View Profile WWW
September 04, 2015, 02:54:59 PM

DiscoverCebu, first time he was unable to send me the money, he received a paypal error and he sayed that he messaged paypal bla bla bla and after a time he sended me the money but idk if he really sended them as family and friends because i needed to accept the paymentand i received the money in pending balance for 21 days.
After max 10 minutes i entered to my paypal again to see if the money is still in pending and i received that username or password is wrong, i tryed to recover my password and looks like my email doesn`t exist in the paypal database.
I cant figure out what was wrong, maybe somebody with more experience can help us to userstand whats wrong...

I sended a email to paypal and regarding this transaction and i`m waiting for a response Sad

Its the message you got when logging in your paypal ?

No. When I tried to send the funds the first time I received a message that the funds could not be sent. I notified PaypalBuster about this and sent him a screenshot. He then gave me a link [https://www.paypal.com/cgi-bin/webscr?cmd=_s-xclick&hosted_button_id=UFT6VAW7SHX6Y] which went to a Paypal page for his account where you enter a 'donation' which would then go to him. I tried that but it once again did not want to send the funds.

I then contacted Paypal support and they responded with the following:

I hope you are doing well today. My name is Ivy from PayPal Customer Service. I understand that you are concerned about completing your payment for $96.00 USD. I will be happy to assist you. I am glad to inform you that I have successfully updated your PayPal account for you to complete your payment. Please try to send your payment again as soon as you receive this email. I assure you that is should go through.

For your reference, I have explained below why your payment did not complete previously. Your recent payment attempts for the amount of $96.00 USD have been rejected by PayPal's internal security system.

To provide one of the safest online payment methods PayPal reviews every transaction before it's approved. Occasionally, we must block a certain funding source. It means that there may be a higher-than-normal level of risk associated with the transaction (e.g. transaction being challenged to be unauthorized).

This is similar to the way card companies work when approving individual transactions. When a payment is blocked, this is not a reflection of you or your account activities but rather fits a pattern we have observed in the past to be associated with higher-than-normal risk. We do this for the protection of your account.

As I said before, I have not used this account in almost a year so that is most probably what lead to this situation. I tried again after receiving this mail and the payment went through and I received the online and email notifications that the transaction was sent.

The transaction was sent as a 'Family/Friends' transaction. If you know Paypal you will know that if I sent it as a business transaction then the fees would have been payable by the receiving party and not by me. As can be seen however from the transaction details posted above in previous posts, I did put in a transaction fee, or rather Paypal did,and that only happens when you select 'Friends and family'.

As said, the payment went through and I received confirmations that the payment was sent AND that it was accepted by the receiving party, see below:

PaypalBuster then informed me that there was a hold on the payment for 21 days. I have no proof of this and Paypal also seems to know nothing about this as they confirmed the payment was processed and completed. He said that he will sort it out and get back to me in a minute or two. An hour later he was offline so I went back to that 'donations' link and that is when I saw that image about the closed account.

So:

1) The payment was definitely sent as 'Family and friends' so it should have gone through immediately without any hold which all the confirmations suggest and what Paypal confirmed,
2)The transaction was completed successfully and the amount was delivered to the receivers Paypal account.
cashoutservices

View Profile
September 04, 2015, 02:56:19 PM

he received a error when he wanted to send me the funds first time so i maked him a donation button but he was unable to send to the donation button too so after a few minutes he sended the payment to my paypal email.

About my account: it`s unverified with credit card but has the limits lifted with my real data, i dont use paypal to withdraw the money, i just spend the funds online, i donate to clarity at youcaring.com etc...
When i want money in my pocket i simple exchange bitcoins at localBTC, paypal is just for online spending Smiley

Weird shit inded, he got a message that your account was closed by trying to make payment from the donation button but right after he send payment directly to the same paypal account which is not closed...
RustyNomad (OP)

View Profile WWW
September 04, 2015, 02:58:40 PM

he received a error when he wanted to send me the funds first time so i maked him a donation button but he was unable to send to the donation button too so after a few minutes he sended the payment to my paypal email.

About my account: it`s unverified with credit card but has the limits lifted with my real data, i dont use paypal to withdraw the money, i just spend the funds online, i donate to clarity at youcaring.com etc...
When i want money in my pocket i simple exchange bitcoins at localBTC, paypal is just for online spending Smiley

Weird shit inded, he got a message that your account was closed by trying to make payment from the donation button but right after he send payment directly to the same paypal account which is not closed...

No, I only got that message about an hour after the transaction. It was working fine before that but I had the problem on my account as mentioned above and could not send from that page.
RustyNomad (OP)

View Profile WWW
September 04, 2015, 03:26:14 PM

You know what PayPalBusters, I was willing to give you the benefit of the doubt but the more I look through your messages the more it seems to me that you know exactly what you are doing.

In the first PM you sent me you had the following details under your name:

On that website you sell a product for $180 called "Bypass Paypal 21 days hold" as per the link below:

http://paypalbusters.com/16-bypass-paypal-21-days-hold

So it seems like you are very clued up with Paypal seeing that you sell Stealth Paypal accounts and the like. You could have used your own product if there really was a 21 days hold could you not?

I'm sorry, but I'm no longer willing to give you the benefit of the doubt. I think you know exactly why that account of yours was closed if it was not you who closed it yourself.

So come clean and send me what I paid for and stop playing around.

EDIT: Just did a quick check, there is no Paypalbusters LLC. You know in most countries its considered fraud to represent something that is not fact in order to mislead etc..

I think its time to start some digging...
Trayber

Merit: 252

View Profile
September 04, 2015, 04:19:18 PM

Sorry Nomad looks like you were scammed. He is just putting up phony screenshots of account being closed. He had the whole thing planned out ahead of time how he was going to scam his next victim IMO. Even had the fake account closed screenshots ready to go.

I did a test send of 1c to that account and it said nothing about not being able to receive payment. Therefore his account is indeed not closed. There was many warning signs already given . First it was a newbie, second just going to that paypalbusters site would be enough damning evidence not to deal with this guy if he is selling all sorts of shady sounding products mostly dealing with paypal. and last is they are non US unverified and using a girls name (jasmine ashton) LOL.

Sorry bro but your moneys lost and I highly doubt you'll be seeing the BTC.

BtcCrazy1

Activity: 603
Merit: 500

View Profile
September 04, 2015, 04:51:35 PM

Yes, I tried to let everyone know when I posted also paypalbuster was the confirmation actually sent from PayPal that you received the funds.?
BtcCrazy1

View Profile
September 04, 2015, 04:53:16 PM

I would bang you with a Negative but I myself can not be sure of what happened.
BtcCrazy1

View Profile
September 04, 2015, 05:00:05 PM

I want to throw up a .1 bounty for solid proof that this was a scam. If you have solid proof I will give you .1 if this was not a scam I will provide OP with the .1 and my apologies but this is very sketchy. This is why I did not deal with him.
RustyNomad (OP)

View Profile WWW
September 04, 2015, 05:02:57 PM

I want to throw up a .1 bounty for solid proof that this was a scam. If you have solid proof I will give you .1 if this was not a scam I will provide OP with the .1 and my apologies but this is very sketchy. This is why I did not deal with him.

A scam from whose side?
Panthers52

#SuperBowl50 #NFCchamps

View Profile WWW
September 04, 2015, 05:06:47 PM

PayPal is definitely not safe to accept, but why exactly did you feel comfortable sending first to someone who has 28 posts and no trade history? This was a prime example when it would have been a good idea to use escrow.

PGP 827D2A60

Pages: « 1 [2] 3 4 5 6 7 8 »  All
  Print  

Jump to: