Bitcoin Forum
July 05, 2024, 12:58:51 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: Cgminer reporting for solo mining  (Read 1447 times)
Stormwalker (OP)

Activity: 4
Merit: 0

View Profile
September 04, 2015, 02:07:26 PM

Cgminer ( ver 4.9.0 ) never says accepted, it only tells me the block height changes.  If I turn on verbose, I get lots of "share above target" notifications and an occasional Hashrate report ( same information that is in the header ).  I am hashing at about 50 GH/s with an Antminer U3 so I am sure it needs to be optimized, however, I  have seen it peak around 65 when I was mining in a pool.

My question is this:  Is this reporting normal?  I have tried to find a post about what solo reporting looks like online, but have not been able to find anything.  I am okay with it not providing the information, as long as it is mining.

Cgminer is happy with the set-up ( no reported errors ) but not very informative..

Thanks,

Storm
armedmilitia

Activity: 562
Merit: 506

We're going to need a bigger heatsink.

View Profile WWW
September 04, 2015, 08:34:21 PM

I don't know the full answer here, but cgminer should not have accepted shares when solo mining. The only time you'll get one is if you find a block, IIRC.

Always use escrow. OgNasty is pretty sweet.

Help me out with compiling a list of mining datacenters!
VirosaGITS
Legendary

Activity: 1302
Merit: 1068

View Profile
September 07, 2015, 01:48:29 PM

Cgminer ( ver 4.9.0 ) never says accepted, it only tells me the block height changes.  If I turn on verbose, I get lots of "share above target" notifications and an occasional Hashrate report ( same information that is in the header ).  I am hashing at about 50 GH/s with an Antminer U3 so I am sure it needs to be optimized, however, I  have seen it peak around 65 when I was mining in a pool.

My question is this:  Is this reporting normal?  I have tried to find a post about what solo reporting looks like online, but have not been able to find anything.  I am okay with it not providing the information, as long as it is mining.

Cgminer is happy with the set-up ( no reported errors ) but not very informative..

Thanks,

Storm

You can try mining at http://solo.ckpool.org/ to see if its setup properly. If so then yes you're fine but you should consider staying in a solo mining pool for the benefits.

▄▄█████▄▄
                    ▐████████████▄
                   ▄█▀▀▀▀▀▀▀██████▌
             █▄  ▄█▀           ▀▀█
              ▀▀▀███▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄   █▄   ▄

▄▀▀         ▀▀▀▀▀▀▀██▀▀▀
         ▄▄▄▄▄█▄▄ ▄▀▀▄ ▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄█▄▄▄▄
         ████▒▒███    ████▒▒████▌
    ▀█▄ ▀
███████▄ ███▒▒███      ██▒▒█████       ▀█▄
 ███████ ▀█▒▒████     ▄█▒▒█████▀         ▀█ ▄  ▄▄
  ██████  ▌▀▀█████▄▄▄███████▀▀            ███▄███▌
 █████████  █████▀▀█▀▀██████▌             ██████▀
 ▀█████████ ███▄  ███   ▐███▌ ▄██       ▄█████▀
     ▀▀    ▀▀███████████████▄▄████▄▄▄▄█▀▀▀▀▀
               ▀▀▀███▀▀▀      ██████▄
                               ▀▀▀▀▀

▄█████████████████████████████▄
███████████████████████████████
█████████▀▀█████████▀▀█████████
███████ ▄▀▀         ▀▀▄ ███████
██████                   ██████
█████▌     ▄▄     ▄▄     ▐█████
█████     ████   ████     █████
█████      ▀▀     ▀▀      █████
█████▄   ▀▄▄▄     ▄▄▄▀   ▄█████
████████▄▄▄█████████▄▄▄████████
 ▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀
█ █
█ █
█ █
█ █
█ █
Amph
Legendary

Activity: 3206
Merit: 1069

View Profile
September 14, 2015, 07:17:24 AM

if you want to mine in solo, and this what it appear to be, you need to set scantime and expire to 1, so there is less stale

share above target is actually an error, it mean you're not mining properly, you're probably getting lot of HW
-ck
Legendary

Activity: 4158
Merit: 1639

Ruu \o/

View Profile WWW
September 14, 2015, 07:21:16 AM

if you want to mine in solo, and this what it appear to be, you need to set scantime and expire to 1, so there is less stale

share above target is actually an error, it mean you're not mining properly, you're probably getting lot of HW
^^^Ignore this. Everything he said is wrong.

When you mine solo to your own bitcoind you will get no shares, only block notification changes. Share above target means you found a low difficulty share that isn't good enough to solve a block - normally this message is filtered unless you're in verbose mode since it's not useful to you. The only notification you'll ever get is if you solve a block.

Developer/maintainer for cgminer, ckpool/ckproxy, and the -ck kernel
2% Fee Solo mining at solo.ckpool.org
-ck
Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: