Bitcoin Forum
April 20, 2024, 03:01:11 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 26.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 [8] 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 56 57 58 ... 548 »
  Print  
Author Topic: CRYPTSY stopping withdraw locking accounts without notifying users! Class Action  (Read 1006426 times)
boki15

Activity: 742
Merit: 500

View Profile
October 08, 2015, 11:59:27 AM

So I'm suing Cryptsy. If you can't withdraw your coins, feel free to add your name to the lawsuit. We will win this.

I've got some pretty disturbing news to report about Cryptsy which I believe is going to cause the site to go full-Mt. Gox, very very soon. If you have any funds at that site, I urge you to read this post, you will thank me later.

They've stolen a huge amount of cryptocurrency from me, but unlike other victims of theirs, I meticulously recorded data which proves their direct theft of my funds, coordinated deception, conspiracy, and direct lying regarding my account. Unlike other victims, between what happened and my Data logs(which I can prove are authentic) vs. what they have said(thinking I did not have such data logs), I caught them in a series of coordinated lies/fraudulent statements through a series of support tickets and emails, indicating that Cryptsy directly stole my coins and then covered it up.

I'm not talking about weak system security or negligence, but direct, outright deception and fraud. I think one of the criminal charges which will come up for Cryptsy as a result of this case will be criminal conspiracy, since the process of theft indicates a coordinated cover up/deception plan.

Essentially, Big Vern = Mark Karpeles.

Higher ups in this Fraud Conspiracy run by Cryptsy include: Jim  aka: “Jshock” Customer Service Manager and BitJohn Chief Operations Officer are/were directly involved in perpetuating this fraud/theft. This is in addition to several support and verifications staff, including someone by the support name of “Horus”, who I demanded a real name from, he responded “John MacPherson -- I am not hiding behind a fake support name.” (I am nearly certain John MacPherson is indeed a fake name.) His email signature is “HorusDirector -CryptsyCanada Head of Anti-Fraud and Investigations - Cryptsy.com”. Also, I am US based so Canada should have nothing to do with it.

BRIEF SUMMARY OF FRAUD/THEFT/DECEPTION/CONSPIRACY CLAIM:

1) Cryptsy arbitrarily, blocked, then deleted my withdraw requests from their records. [bT]hey then bypassed all security measures to change my PW and withdraw my funds, without my request, consent, or notification- while continuing(still now) to avoid either confirmation/denial that these events have taken place, and deleting/tampering/altering my login/withdraw/ request info.[/b]

Cryptsy claims even with correct(and unchanged) UN and PW, logging in from a pre-approved whitelisted IP, with 2-Factor Authentication PIN, and email 2FA confirmation for withdraw- they claim they still have the right to block my withdraws and that I must verify to withdraw.

2) On August 28, my ID verification was granted and my support ticket was closed. On Sept 2, they revoked my verified status and informed me via email.

3) As I was actively receiving “support”, Cryptsy staff changed my password without my consent, and without notifying me(bypassing ALL the security measures mentioned above), between my successful login on Sept 1 and Sept 2. On Sept 2, I noticed I could not log in, at which point I replied to my support ticket email and asked : “ Did you change my password for logging in???”. Cryptsy stops responding to my support ticket and refuses to answer the question.

4) Then, between Sept 2 and Sept 7, after dozens of back and forth's with support, they claim ignorance of why I cannot log in- continuing to avoid my question of “ Did you change my password for logging in???” . Of the excuses they give for my lack of ability to log in they say: (a) I need to log in from the whitelisted IP[I did] (b) They claimed I used an incorrect incapsula/captcha [there was no captcha in the first denied attempt, and in the subsequent attempts I did enter the correct captcha.]

5) September 5, support tells me the only way I can access my account is if I change my password. Yes you read that right. The same password that always worked until Sept 2.

{Cryptsy refuses to state up front what data/criteria are needed to change a password, they won't say because they want to ensure the criteria can never be met by me. I would guess/assume the criteria would include having some combination of the original pw, login pin 2FA, using a whitelisted IP to confirm, email 2FA. Meanwhile, they had changed my password between Sept 1 and Sept 2, bypassing any/all of these security measures which they are asking me(the account owner) for. They never informed me of the password change, and refused to answer my direct question about it when I confronted them with the question.

6) On Sept 6, I was told by BitJohn, the COO ,that there are no records of any login or password change attempts between my Sept 1 login and unsuccessful logins on Sept 4. At this point, I had already told them that I was going to sue if they did not solve the problem and give me my $ back.

Cryptsy deleted/removed/tampered with the login attempt logs, erasing all activity between my last successful login(Sept 2), until Sept 4.
ALL login/PW change/withdrawals on Sept 2 and Sept 3 were deleted from their system. I was informed of nothing, and all changes to my account were made WITHOUT MY REQUEST, CONSENT, OR NOTIFICATION.

I tried logging in on Sept 2 (as I have said, the first time I noticed I could not log in) and also Sept 3 a few times, all while in contact with support. I have the email confirms to prove this. Cryptsy erased these records, as well as the password change, from their records.

7) I have asked Cryptsy directly several times if my funds are still in the account. They continue to ignore the question. I can only assume that when they illegally changed my password after my last successful login on Sept 1, they withdrew the funds from my account(Again, bypassing all the security barriers they demanded from me, and which I had in place to prevent exactly this.-2FA for logins and withdraws, and my one IP which they admitted was a whitelisted IP at the time)

Then, they deleted these records (Sept 2-3) to cover their tracks.

Cool Cryptsy still refuses to confirm or deny that they changed my PW, deleted records, or that any funds are missing/withdrawn from my account between Sept 1 and now. They also refuse to confirm or deny how or on what grounds they removed/bypassed my security measures(2fa,whitelist, et cetera) for both PW change and funds withdrawal.

9) Cryptsy also refuses to put these security measures back on my account(withdraw confirm 2fa, et cetera). If they claim in court that the funds are still (as of now, Sept 7) in the account and not withdrawn during the Sept 1-Sept 7time period- Know that they removed all security measures, so that Cryptsy can withdraw funds from a non-approved IP, without informing me, in the future. I have specifically requested(since 7-11, and now) only the whitelisted IP(otherwise, what is the purpose of a whitelist?) may log into my account and withdraw funds. They've arbitrarily removed my whitelist without reason, and refuse to re-implement security measures, essentially locking the door and then leaving it wide open to be stolen by Cryptsy staff.

10) From my same IP, I opened a totally separate Cryptsy account back in 2013, then I also opened several new/totally separate accounts in late August when my withdraws were blocked. Today I tried to log into these completely separate accounts. ALL logins for all these Username, Password combos were denied with the message “bad username or password”. JUST AS WITH MY MAIN ACCOUNT DISCUSSED HERE, NEVER DID I ONCE REQUEST A PW CHANGE ON ANY OF THESE ACCOUNTS, NOR WAS I EVER NOTIFIED OF A PW CHANGE ON ANY OF THESE ACCOUNTS.

ARE YOUR FUNDS BLOCKED at Cryptsy? Try withdrawing now and see what happens, post your story here:
- My personal guess/estimate is that you have about t-30 days until Cryptsy completely jumps ship Gox style.
- Some ways they will block your withdraws: 1) saying you have a wrong destination address 2) preventing you from trading into other coins to make withdraws from that coin 3) leaving your withdraws as “pending” indefinitely, then canceling the request and wiping the records clean that any request was made. 4) Getting notification within the site that your withdraws have been approved, but some of the transactions never go through. In my case, when I made 3 withdraw requests on 3 coins, they all registered as confirmed and approved, the first went through and the other two were blocked. Check to make sure your withdraw actually made it to the destination address.

Open Message to Big Vern, CEO: Return my 5824 DASH and 19,552 NXT by sending to my confirmed, authenticated withdrawal addresses of : DASH: Xc3owNZf65UHZiWRvXdqzEPmNK9YJ3Z3xo , NXT: 17004580999606687589.

There is much more, bizarre and outrageous evidence /proof of Cryptsy's guilt yet to disclose.

If this is actually what happened you need to understand something that is more important than your coins. If Cryptsy had to deny/revoke your verification I am QUITE sure that there was a good reason for this. I dont personally know anything about your particular situation, but KYC ("know your customer") laws are quite strict and if there is a reason why they would DENY your verification, then according to those laws it is their due diligence to lock your account. From what I can tell, Cryptsy has a very active staff involved in adhering to applicable laws that we must, as users, abide by to participate. If you are not compliant with those rules for some reason, does it seem reasonable for them to ignore these rules and put themselves at risk just for you to get your coins? Absolutely not and I would not use the site if they did. Thats how I feel and I do not think I am alone in my views.  

Are you payed by cryptsy? What is your interest to come over and tell everyone how good they are, their users have issues for months, verified users.

Which laws do they hold on if they do not pay you your coins, in an non direct (maybe direct too) way stealing, mobbing of their customers, banning, different threatment of customers with same problem, one gets his coins the other not, ...

You must be payed for your post or you are just an very ignorant person which ignores experience and opinion of others. Do no blame yourself with such statements.

And explain me why these coins never arrived and they banned me after telling me to make second try:
Code:
I still does not work:

Ripple withdrawal to Address:
rLHzPsX6oXkzU2qL12kHCH8G8cnZv1rBJh
Request Date: 2015-10-06 07:07:00
Confirmed: Yes
Amount: 4735.97650700 XRP
TrxID: @ 2015-10-06 07:10:01

Ticket #210117, since 2 days no reply. Currently Gretchen is the agent working on this, team leader. I have also not received any notification why I am banned, you can see the screenshot couple of my posts earlier.

Now explain me again which laws are you talking about?Huh

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
Every time a block is mined, a certain amount of BTC (called the subsidy) is created out of thin air and given to the miner. The subsidy halves every four years and will reach 0 in about 130 years.
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
CryptoBuds
Legendary

Activity: 2058
Merit: 1042

HODL

View Profile
October 08, 2015, 01:22:17 PM

Ummmm did anyone actually read the blog? Its all fake....

You are saying exactly what Garza and his PayCoin shills said. CoinFire proved them wrong. I would hazard a guess that they may prove you wrong too.

Test them. Sue them and find out the hard way. Then I will find it amusing.

To be fair you can't expect them to say "yep, it's true, we're operating illegally, laundering money for terrorists, and we love Paycoin". Of course they have to deny it and try to discredit the source, but as some clown once said...

LOL True dat - have you looked at gonzo twitter handle lately? Did he sell it? https://twitter.com/gawceo

Nope.  I saw it was available and grabbed the handle.  May be able to have some fun with it later, who knows...  If anyone has a good use for it, let me know.

suchmoon
Legendary

Activity: 3640
Merit: 8908

https://bpip.org

View Profile WWW
October 08, 2015, 01:55:39 PM

Nope.  I saw it was available and grabbed the handle.  May be able to have some fun with it later, who knows...  If anyone has a good use for it, let me know.

Nice. You can something along the lines of SeriousInvest. There is enough material in the archived gawceo tweets to last for a few months Smiley
kelsey
Legendary

Activity: 1876
Merit: 1000

View Profile
October 09, 2015, 12:40:51 AM
Last edit: October 09, 2015, 01:16:53 AM by kelsey

I certainly understand the OPs frustration as the same thing is now happening to me (though I have a slightly better understanding of whats going on)

1) Passwords;

Cryptsy password system at this time is very dodgy. My own password has not been accepted on many occasion, even a password reset the password sent often doesn't work, I've even had the sent password work to get me logged in then that same passoword be "password invalid" when going directly into the system to change their generated password to my own. Same thing happened to my partners account while trying to sort their loggin issues for them (and i've has plenty of private chats with individuals that the same thing has occured for)

Summary CRYPTSY your password system is playing up, Fix It (and you may get alot less user complaints).

2) Withdraw issues;

Something I am also currently experiencing with Litecoin that I've been trying to get out for a week and have been mucked around alot by various cryptsy staff over. With many and varied excuses.

Excuses;

1. Hotwallet needs filling your withdraw will be processed soon. next day still hot wallet needs filling your withdraw will be processed soon.

2. (blame the user time) You reset your password which put a block on all withdraws for 24hrs, we'll lift that block now for you and process your order. Now I reset my password well after I'd not recieved my Litecoin withdraw, and I reset it due to my existing password not working [see 1) passwords].

still litecoin withdraw pending Sad

3. Wallet issues wallet staff are getting onto it and your withdraw will be processed soon.

still litecoin withdraw pending.

4. bitcoin malleability (with links)  Shocked......jaw dropped, now you're just screwing with my head, like where to even begin with this one; Gox 2.0? ummm the fact that my withdraw is actually litecoin  Huh, if bitcoin malleability is an issue for your exchange should you even be running one?

5. Your account has been flagged by our AML team  Shocked now this is happening to alot of people on cryptsy recently, and why; because cryptsy's new withdraw fee structure users are being forced with only 3 free withdraws (before ridiculous fees are imposed) to withdraw as much as they can with these free ones. So in effect cryptsy setting users up to being flagged then they block there account Sad

Yes told directly all withdraws of my account had been blocked and there was nothing Horus (ummm Head of Anti-Fraud and Investigations at Project Investors Inc) could do about it it was flagged by crytpsy AML Huh team (don't get me started here, i'll keep this one too myself for now) and is out of their hands........moments later I successfully withdrew 200k ftc  Huh from a supposed AML flagged, password changed (yet again) just moments ago account....but yeah still no luck trying with the HINT more valuable LTC Wink (do the math)

Currently still trying to get my coins out and this mess sorted even tried ringing cryptsy/Big V but phone rings out and even to leave a message is impossible as mailbox is full (smells like a dodgy token phone number), I'm message Big V to get a real number to him if there is further reasons my funds can't be returned to me.

also watching tons of people entering chat (which I'm banned from for politely [only to avoid such a ban] just trying to get this sorted live rather then then tickets back and forward for months, from previous experience. more then happy to chat live/phone with big v or similar), having similar issues and being slowly put through my points 1........etc which is a tad concerning. while the pump n dump crews and crytpsy fanboi drown them out or (like myself) outright attack.

Thanks for listening well I hope cryptsy is too  Wink

21million

Activity: 134
Merit: 100

View Profile
October 09, 2015, 05:58:35 AM

Cryptsy is junk exchange is always have issue like this everything in their services take longer than any other exchanges get coin out now.
LeChatNoir

Activity: 699
Merit: 501

Coinpanion.io - Copy Successful Crypto Traders

View Profile WWW
October 09, 2015, 06:56:38 AM

1 week has passed and still no luck here having my BTCD, BTC and LTC withdrawals processed.
They just ignore my tickets and if i try to complain live in the chat they ban me.
Since the amount of my withdrawals is relevant and they refuse to even give a simple explanation i'm starting to think they don't have these coins and they are running on fractional reserve.

Mig-23
Legendary

Activity: 1176

View Profile
October 09, 2015, 04:44:19 PM

well,..i think this is unfair if i only asking and hear from other people

so,.i tried for myself deposit some coins to cryptsy and then withdraw again

and in fact everything is fine...i got my coins

this is my experience recently
CryptoDatabase
Legendary

Activity: 1596
Merit: 1003

https://cryptodatabase.net

View Profile WWW
October 09, 2015, 05:02:49 PM

well,..i think this is unfair if i only asking and hear from other people

so,.i tried for myself deposit some coins to cryptsy and then withdraw again

and in fact everything is fine...i got my coins

this is my experience recently

I stopped using Cryptsy ages ago for a couple reasons.

1. Failure of Crypsty staff to differentiate between a bank statement and a credit card statement. They swore/swear up and down that my bank statement isn't a bank statement and that it is for a credit card. I have not and will never own a credit card.

2. I got tired of having to wait weeks to withdraw coins that they put into maintenance mode and often was forced to trade them off for another coin to withdraw.
Guido
Legendary

Activity: 1061
Merit: 1001

View Profile
October 09, 2015, 05:13:36 PM

cryptsy support not answering tickets
many , more than can count wallets been down for 11 days!
bigvern ignoring tweets
chat mods incapable of doing anything

I had a gut feeling something was wrong just before site update and got some coins out, not all

just waiting for wallets (if ever) to be out of 'maintenance) then will leave cryptsy for good

they are very close to being sued by many people

I am Bonkers BTW
Crypto OG
        +
Digital Artist
RoomBot
Legendary

Activity: 2268
Merit: 1123

View Profile
October 09, 2015, 05:38:09 PM

Ummmm did anyone actually read the blog? Its all fake....

You are saying exactly what Garza and his PayCoin shills said. CoinFire proved them wrong. I would hazard a guess that they may prove you wrong too.

Test them. Sue them and find out the hard way. Then I will find it amusing.

To be fair you can't expect them to say "yep, it's true, we're operating illegally, laundering money for terrorists, and we love Paycoin". Of course they have to deny it and try to discredit the source, but as some clown once said...

LOL True dat - have you looked at gonzo twitter handle lately? Did he sell it? https://twitter.com/gawceo

Court Reporting?   Grin
spazzdla
Legendary

Activity: 1722

View Profile
October 09, 2015, 06:01:48 PM

Been using them for while.. got a bunch of coins on here... :S..
Mig-23
Legendary

View Profile
October 10, 2015, 01:40:30 AM

cryptsy ever got issues like this by the people a long time ago
not the same but similar
but they still exist until now
i am the old user on there and only not active in trade between 4-7 months  because my coin not listed yet
but now listed and i have plan to start trading in cryptsy,thats why i tried to deposit and withdraw

i think it's too stupid if cryptsy staked their name just for 3 or 5 or maybe 10 coins

Mad_Max

Activity: 894
Merit: 1001

View Profile
October 10, 2015, 04:22:25 AM

Guess what MegaJohnny, you should go to politics, the better you lie and hide, the better it is for you. Do you really have 14 people in your support, maybe you have only 2, rest are bots? Can you list your members by names  Grin, I know it's not appropriate, but it is also not appropriate to hold user coins, force trades in your favour, edit accounts without approval of it's owner, horrible fiasco with EUR market, horrible support, chat members that can't write 1 sentence without saying f*, ....

BTW what happened with EUR market at Cryptsy? I see big price anomalies last days, but like to read story behind it. If it is already discussed at forum can you share a link?

P.S.
Just withdrew 1.5 BTC and few minor ALTs from Cryptsy. All OK (except 0.5% fee) - already received and confirmed.

He знaя пoкoя и oтдыxa, Пpи лyннoм и coлнeчнoм cвeтe, Mы дeлaeм дeньги из вoздyxa, Чтoб cнoвa cпycтить иx нa вeтep!
Mig-23
Legendary

View Profile
October 10, 2015, 05:07:05 AM

Guess what MegaJohnny, you should go to politics, the better you lie and hide, the better it is for you. Do you really have 14 people in your support, maybe you have only 2, rest are bots? Can you list your members by names  Grin, I know it's not appropriate, but it is also not appropriate to hold user coins, force trades in your favour, edit accounts without approval of it's owner, horrible fiasco with EUR market, horrible support, chat members that can't write 1 sentence without saying f*, ....

BTW what happened with EUR market at Cryptsy? I see big price anomalies last days, but like to read story behind it. If it is already discussed at forum can you share a link?

P.S.
Just withdrew 1.5 BTC and few minor ALTs from Cryptsy. All OK (except 0.5% fee) - already received and confirmed.

ya,..only the fees is too high
even at poloniex only 0.0001 btc
the people in our forum complaining about this
i hope cryptsy consider about it
LeChatNoir

View Profile WWW
October 10, 2015, 09:31:36 PM

Trading fees = 0% and withdrawals fees = 0.5%.
If they are not running some kind of fractional reserve scheme then i'm Geri Halliwell!

BTW yesterday i contacted them again in their chat and 2 mods told me i should wait until monday and then someone will contact me because they are actually "upgrading some internal procedures" (i have no idea what the fuck they were talking about!) and they cannot process my withdrawals.

RoomBot
Legendary

View Profile
October 12, 2015, 03:36:59 AM

Hmmmmmmmmmmm  newsbtc.com is offline..........

Just 4 days after the epic "Cryptsy CEO / Coin Fire Aggro" article.

Huh

Things that make you go.... "Hmmmmmmm!"

http://www.newsbtc.com/2015/10/07/cryptsys-ceo-a-hard-man-in-the-face-of-coinfires-aggro/
Gleb Gamow
In memoriam
VIP
Legendary

Activity: 1428
Merit: 1145

View Profile
October 12, 2015, 04:32:18 AM

Hmmmmmmmmmmm  newsbtc.com is offline..........

Just 4 days after the epic "Cryptsy CEO / Coin Fire Aggro" article.

Huh

Things that make you go.... "Hmmmmmmm!"

http://www.newsbtc.com/2015/10/07/cryptsys-ceo-a-hard-man-in-the-face-of-coinfires-aggro/

RoomBot
Legendary

View Profile
October 12, 2015, 04:56:17 AM

OK, newsbtc.com is back up.  Mustabeen maintenance .

klintay
Legendary

Activity: 1775
Merit: 1032

Value will be measured in sats

View Profile WWW
October 12, 2015, 02:28:18 PM

Trading fees = 0% and withdrawals fees = 0.5%.
If they are not running some kind of fractional reserve scheme then i'm Geri Halliwell!

BTW yesterday i contacted them again in their chat and 2 mods told me i should wait until monday and then someone will contact me because they are actually "upgrading some internal procedures" (i have no idea what the fuck they were talking about!) and they cannot process my withdrawals.

"upgrading some internal procedures" is slang for we are making a runner
LeChatNoir

View Profile WWW
October 12, 2015, 07:59:37 PM

Still nothing from these assholes!

Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 [8] 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 56 57 58 ... 548 »
  Print  

Jump to: