Bitcoin Forum
May 04, 2024, 12:30:46 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Poll
Question: Please read message below before voting  (Voting closed: September 16, 2015, 01:01:56 AM)
Yes - 13 (6.5%)
No - 188 (93.5%)
Total Voters: 201

Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 [14] 15 16 »  All
  Print  
Author Topic: Is escrowing for yourself using a secret alt OK?  (Read 13095 times)
Sourgummies

Activity: 728
Merit: 500

Never ending parties are what Im into.

View Profile
September 14, 2015, 12:03:26 AM

If proof has been presented then you should have no issue pointing to the person who I have stolen from, nor advising the amount I have stolen. o.

https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=1171059.msg12404224#msg12404224

There you go.  You scammed, you got caught, you returned the money.  And we know there are many more out there that aren't aware you scammed them and they are entitled to a refund.

Do you think if you robbed a bank, got caught and returned the money, they would let you go?

(Proof has been presented yet again to QS.  But I'll take bets that QS will ask for proof yet again...)   Cheesy
Why don't you explain how exactly that is me scamming? Both of the people who I refunded explicitly said that they did not feel that I was scamming.

I demand that you retract your statements or else you will be liable for libel.

You are a troll and a coward. A.You are afraid to stand behind what you say (or else you would have provided an address that I can serve you). You areB. afraid to make similar statements about tomatocage because you are afraid of him. This is despite the fact that he has engaged in the exact same activity.

You pick on those who you think are not able to counter any of your generalized arguments. You ignore any factual arguments yet instead rely on buzzwords to try to make a point. You consistently take the easy way out. Why do you think it is that you have huge amounts of negative trust when viewed from depth 3 or 4? It is because you were able to troll others hard enough for them to appear to be a scammer, but have no way of fighting back and left you retaliatory negative trust and eventually abandoned their accounts.

You are against people making informed decisions for themselves, you are against free markets, you are a disgrace to bitcoin, and most importantly, C.you are a disgrace to this community.   

Do you look in the mirror when you throw out accusations like this?

A. As a new accouunt I can see who Vod is,but fail to see who you are outside this forum and yet he is the one that is scared to stand behind what he says! This is very rich.

B. Can you claim victim well goading another member into a fight?

C. At first I thought you outed members for scams for the good of the community,but I noticed a trend. That being it usually was some one that you disliked for one reason or another or saw them as competition. Its a pretty good ploy but you took it to far and now have to many enemies to fight at the same time. The more you post the more I see
how important it is to you to be right at all costs,which makes me wonder about all the neg reps you ever made.

I doubt you respond to this post either,still wondering why you post for PistolPete as well.

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
If you see garbage posts (off-topic, trolling, spam, no point, etc.), use the "report to moderator" links. All reports are investigated, though you will rarely be contacted about your reports.
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.
hikedoon

Activity: 143
Merit: 100

View Profile
September 14, 2015, 02:06:22 AM

Wow, just read that whole thread, Grin had to unignore QS to do it.

QS i salute you.
 That was the biggest heap of tendentious hyperbole i've encountered on this site so far,my dear.
 You sure have got your panties in a twist with your obfuscation and avoidance tactics.
 Is that your picture in your profile? I always imagine an indignant teenage feminists voice raging against "whatever" when i read your posts.

Your avoidance of answering a straight question has made me want to label you a scammer but ,fortunately for you, i'm not petty enough to do that   without any proof,unlike some "holier" than thou types that infest this site. I however do not trust you and if asked my opinion about you by anyone i will tell them to avoid you like the plague.

I would like to know, QS, if you see a conflict of interest by escrowing for yourself using a secret alt? A straight yes or no answer will do.

jonald_fyookball
Legendary

Activity: 1302
Merit: 1004

Core dev leaves me neg feedback #abuse #political

View Profile
September 14, 2015, 02:18:10 AM

pretty sure quickseller isn't a girl. that's just a meme

dooglus
Legendary

Activity: 2940
Merit: 1330

View Profile
September 14, 2015, 04:38:15 AM

Is that your picture in your profile? I always imagine an indignant teenage feminists voice raging against "whatever" when i read your posts.

See these videos for some background:

http://youtu.be/Yh0AhrY9GjA

http://youtu.be/KAVmF-dYv4U

I get the same feeling though. The profile picture was well chosen.

Just-Dice                 ██             
          ██████████         
      ██████████████████     
  ██████████████████████████ 
██████████████████████████████
    ██████████████████████   
        ██████████████       
            ██████           
   Play or Invest                 ██             
          ██████████         
      ██████████████████     
  ██████████████████████████ 
    ██████████████████████   
        ██████████████       
            ██████           
   1% House Edge
dogie
Legendary

Activity: 1666
Merit: 1183

dogiecoin.com

View Profile WWW
September 14, 2015, 05:26:40 AM

Of course its not, that's "overly attached girlfriend" meme, AKA Laina Morris IRL. http://knowyourmeme.com/memes/overly-attached-girlfriend

Quickseller
Copper Member
Legendary

Activity: 2870
Merit: 2298

View Profile
September 14, 2015, 05:27:49 AM

Of course its not, that's "overly attached girlfriend" meme, AKA Laina Morris IRL. http://knowyourmeme.com/memes/overly-attached-girlfriend
Nooo. Please take down that dox Sad
🏰 TradeFortress 🏰
Bitcoin Veteran
VIP
Legendary

Activity: 1316
Merit: 1043

👻

View Profile
September 14, 2015, 05:29:46 AM

why did you dox quickseller??
Grumpster

Activity: 210

View Profile
September 14, 2015, 08:36:40 AM

Quickseller is indeed a girl and she lives in Canada. I have a full name & address for her, however I'm not quite sure if the address is current, but I know it was 14 months ago.
Kanapka

Activity: 818
Merit: 1003

View Profile
September 14, 2015, 08:59:28 AM

Quickseller is indeed a girl and she lives in Canada. I have a full name & address for her, however I'm not quite sure if the address is current, but I know it was 14 months ago.

but isn't Laina Morris from Texas Huh
Vod (OP)
Legendary

Activity: 3696
Merit: 3057

Licking my boob since 1970

View Profile WWW
September 14, 2015, 05:23:02 PM

If she lives in Canada, then I am going to hold her financially responsible for calling me a liar/libeler.  If she is a minor her parents will be responsible.

https://nastyscam.com - landing page up     https://vod.fan - advanced image hosting - coming soon!
OGNasty has early onset dementia; keep this in mind when discussing his past actions.
Grumpster

Activity: 210

View Profile
September 14, 2015, 06:38:16 PM

If she lives in Canada, then I am going to hold her financially responsible for calling me a liar/libeler.  If she is a minor her parents will be responsible.

She is indeed from Canada and she is not a minor.
redsn0w
Legendary

Activity: 1778
Merit: 1042

#Free market

View Profile
September 14, 2015, 07:37:51 PM

but isn't Laina Morris from Texas Huh

Laina Morris isn't Quickseller  Roll Eyes, wake up !
OBAViJEST

Activity: 714

View Profile WWW
September 14, 2015, 07:39:37 PM

How is this even a question?  It's the same as asking, 'Is scamming someone ok?'
B4zzA

Activity: 28
Merit: 0

View Profile
September 14, 2015, 07:54:42 PM

why did you dox quickseller??

I had a nice laugh from this, thanks never actually saw the meme video.
Shadow_Runner

Activity: 574

View Profile
September 14, 2015, 07:57:32 PM

PO BOX 33153, Charlotte, NC 28233

That is QS PO box. It is registered under a US citizen with a US address. Stop trying to protect him QS doesn't live in Canada. Use SE to figure out more info! Pretending to be a lawyer helps! My dox will be up tonight or tomorrow. Just waiting on some info on who lives at the address on QS ID
BiPolarBob

Activity: 378
Merit: 302

View Profile
September 14, 2015, 08:18:05 PM

That is QS PO box. It is registered under a US citizen with a US address. Stop trying to protect him QS doesn't live in Canada. Use SE to figure out more info! Pretending to be a lawyer helps! My dox will be up tonight or tomorrow. Just waiting on some info on who lives at the address on QS ID

Good to see you taking a stand against deceptive people.

"To refrain from imitation is the best revenge"  -- Marcus Aurelius
Shadow_Runner

Activity: 574

View Profile
September 14, 2015, 08:20:43 PM

Good to see you taking a stand against deceptive people.

"To refrain from imitation is the best revenge"  -- Marcus Aurelius

I never said anything about that. I hate Quickseller is what I have said.

I'm all for being the bad guy, you just better not pretend to be the good guy.

Also wondering why you edited Quicksellers address out of your quote. That was worth the extra effort? Same as coming over into my thread? AND SENDING ME PRIVATE MESSAGES?
Keyser Soze

Activity: 470
Merit: 250

View Profile
September 14, 2015, 09:49:34 PM

You have still failed to explain why that matters. If it was known that Daniel is the person you are trading with then you would have sent first to Daniel without escrow.

I don't know how it could have been more clear.

In both scenarios Alice is expecting the escrow to resolve the dispute as a third party. Alice has no reason to suspect the escrow has any bias towards Alice or Bob.
In scenario 1, Charlie is able to act without bias because he is an independent party.
In scenario 2, Daniel is unable to act without bias because he is also acting as a party to the trade.

Scenario 1 will always be more favorable for Alice compared to scenario 2 since there is no bias. Also, by definition, Daniel is not an escrow to the trade since he is not a third party.

As I stated previously, it is misleading and disingenuous to act as if you were providing an escrow service when you really are not.
jonald_fyookball
Legendary

Activity: 1302
Merit: 1004

Core dev leaves me neg feedback #abuse #political

View Profile
September 14, 2015, 10:20:50 PM

You have still failed to explain why that matters. If it was known that Daniel is the person you are trading with then you would have sent first to Daniel without escrow.

I don't know how it could have been more clear.

In both scenarios Alice is expecting the escrow to resolve the dispute as a third party. Alice has no reason to suspect the escrow has any bias towards Alice or Bob.
In scenario 1, Charlie is able to act without bias because he is an independent party.
In scenario 2, Daniel is unable to act without bias because he is also acting as a party to the trade.

Scenario 1 will always be more favorable for Alice compared to scenario 2 since there is no bias. Also, by definition, Daniel is not an escrow to the trade since he is not a third party.

As I stated previously, it is misleading and disingenuous to act as if you were providing an escrow service when you really are not.

Don't bother debating.  I tried that. 

If a person wants to avoid logic, facts, rationality, and honesty,
there's no way to force them into it.

TheButterZone
Legendary

Activity: 3052
Merit: 1031

RIP Mommy

View Profile WWW
September 14, 2015, 10:25:19 PM
Last edit: September 15, 2015, 04:02:20 AM by TheButterZone

Using the Oxford English Dictionary definitions of words Quickseller has used, there is no such thing as:
"escrowing for yourself"
"self-escrow"
"middlemanning for yourself"
"self-middlemanning"

https://www.oxforddictionaries.com/definition/english/escrow
https://www.oxforddictionaries.com/definition/english/custody
https://www.oxforddictionaries.com/definition/english/trustee
https://www.oxforddictionaries.com/definition/english/middleman

Proper changes to the OP title could be:
"self-dealing" http://www.investopedia.com/terms/s/self-dealing.asp
"masquerading as a third-party to fraudulently benefit from escrow fees"

Saying that you don't trust someone because of their behavior is completely valid.
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 [14] 15 16 »  All
  Print  

Jump to: