Bitcoin Forum
April 26, 2024, 09:13:16 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Poll
Question: Please read message below before voting  (Voting closed: September 16, 2015, 01:01:56 AM)
Yes - 13 (6.5%)
No - 188 (93.5%)
Total Voters: 201

Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 [13] 14 15 16 »  All
  Print  
Author Topic: Is escrowing for yourself using a secret alt OK?  (Read 13095 times)
Quickseller
Copper Member
Legendary

Activity: 2870
Merit: 2298

View Profile
September 13, 2015, 08:04:16 AM

If proof has been presented then you should have no issue pointing to the person who I have stolen from, nor advising the amount I have stolen. o.

https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=1171059.msg12404224#msg12404224

There you go.  You scammed, you got caught, you returned the money.  And we know there are many more out there that aren't aware you scammed them and they are entitled to a refund.

Do you think if you robbed a bank, got caught and returned the money, they would let you go?

(Proof has been presented yet again to QS.  But I'll take bets that QS will ask for proof yet again...)   Cheesy
Why don't you explain how exactly that is me scamming? Both of the people who I refunded explicitly said that they did not feel that I was scamming.

I demand that you retract your statements or else you will be liable for libel.

You are a troll and a coward. You are afraid to stand behind what you say (or else you would have provided an address that I can serve you). You are afraid to make similar statements about tomatocage because you are afraid of him. This is despite the fact that he has engaged in the exact same activity.

You pick on those who you think are not able to counter any of your generalized arguments. You ignore any factual arguments yet instead rely on buzzwords to try to make a point. You consistently take the easy way out. Why do you think it is that you have huge amounts of negative trust when viewed from depth 3 or 4? It is because you were able to troll others hard enough for them to appear to be a scammer, but have no way of fighting back and left you retaliatory negative trust and eventually abandoned their accounts.

You are against people making informed decisions for themselves, you are against free markets, you are a disgrace to bitcoin, and most importantly, you are a disgrace to this community.   

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
Bitcoin addresses contain a checksum, so it is very unlikely that mistyping an address will cause you to lose money.
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.
Vod (OP)
Legendary

Activity: 3682
Merit: 3053

Licking my boob since 1970

View Profile WWW
September 13, 2015, 08:06:38 AM

I give that threat the same credibility I give the rest of your posts - you are a dishonest thief and your words mean nothing.

Since you have so generously offered to refund the escrow fees of the people you scammed, I have created a ledger to keep track:
https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=1179179.0

https://nastyscam.com - landing page up     https://vod.fan - advanced image hosting - coming soon!
OGNasty has early onset dementia; keep this in mind when discussing his past actions.
TheButterZone
Legendary

Activity: 3052
Merit: 1031

RIP Mommy

View Profile WWW
September 13, 2015, 09:26:43 AM

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Strategic_lawsuit_against_public_participation

to censor/intimidate/silence critics of

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Self-dealing

by

OWNGRAVEDIGGER Quickseller

Undecided

Saying that you don't trust someone because of their behavior is completely valid.
100newcoins

Activity: 2
Merit: 0

View Profile
September 13, 2015, 09:49:23 AM

If proof has been presented then you should have no issue pointing to the person who I have stolen from, nor advising the amount I have stolen. o.

There you go.  You scammed, you got caught, you returned the money.  And we know there are many more out there that aren't aware you scammed them and they are entitled to a refund.

Do you think if you robbed a bank, got caught and returned the money, they would let you go?

(Proof has been presented yet again to QS.  But I'll take bets that QS will ask for proof yet again...)   Cheesy
Why don't you explain how exactly that is me scamming? Both of the people who I refunded explicitly said that they did not feel that I was scamming.

You are a troll and a coward. You are afraid to stand behind what you say (or else you would have provided an address that I can serve you). You are afraid to make similar statements about tomatocage because you are afraid of him. This is despite the fact that he has engaged in the exact same activity.

You pick on those who you think are not able to counter any of your generalized arguments. You ignore any factual arguments yet instead rely on buzzwords to try to make a point. You consistently take the easy way out. Why do you think it is that you have huge amounts of negative trust when viewed from depth 3 or 4? It is because you were able to troll others hard enough for them to appear to be a scammer, but have no way of fighting back and left you retaliatory negative trust and eventually abandoned their accounts.

You are against people making informed decisions for themselves, you are against free markets, you are a disgrace to bitcoin, and most importantly, you are a disgrace to this community.  

Smiley Smiley Smiley Smiley Smiley Smiley SmileyFinally the two biggest thief's (Quickseller & tomatocage) for this forum are caught. Smiley Smiley Smiley Smiley Smiley Smiley Smiley Smiley
Quickseller
Copper Member
Legendary

Activity: 2870
Merit: 2298

View Profile
September 13, 2015, 09:55:57 AM

b) Deceptive, leading the person to believe that a 3rd party was acting as escrow and charged them extra for the privilege.
Why would a potential trading partner care whose pocket an escrow fee ends up in? Out of spite? If you were somehow forced to utilize an escrow service, then the price you would be willing to pay for the item would decrease by the amount of the escrow fee, this is regardless of who is "paying" for the fee.
ajareselde
Legendary

Activity: 1722
Merit: 1000

Satoshi is rolling in his grave. #bitcoin

View Profile
September 13, 2015, 10:41:49 AM

Maybe if the escrow has split personality disorder, and each of his personalities has his own account, this would then be plausible as ok.
I wouldn't say how that's scamming tho, but no doubt it's not ok to do.
P-Funk

Activity: 360
Merit: 250

Token

View Profile
September 13, 2015, 10:48:54 AM

There you go.  You scammed, you got caught, you returned the money.  And we know there are many more out there that aren't aware you scammed them and they are entitled to a refund.

(Proof has been presented yet again to QS.  But I'll take bets that QS will ask for proof yet again...)   Cheesy

mallard

Activity: 196
Merit: 100

View Profile
September 13, 2015, 03:00:27 PM

How would you go about doing this? I think it would be more trouble than it's worth.
Hoffsingen

Activity: 1
Merit: 0

View Profile
September 13, 2015, 03:02:28 PM

Many people before have left negative feedback for shady behaver without any evidence. yet when its quickseller one of the biggest members on the forum and possible future staff member the majority defend the shady behavior even though they admit its shady and very scammy. especially since hes collecting fees for it too
achow101
Staff
Legendary

Activity: 3374
Merit: 6535

Just writing some code

View Profile WWW
September 13, 2015, 03:07:11 PM

How would you go about doing this? I think it would be more trouble than it's worth.
Well he made this thread https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=1179238.20 and he is going to try to sue him in court. Although if he does, the identity he has been hiding for so long will be known.

jonald_fyookball
Legendary

Activity: 1302
Merit: 1004

Core dev leaves me neg feedback #abuse #political

View Profile
September 13, 2015, 03:18:06 PM

Well he made this thread https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=1179238.20 and he is going to try to sue him in court. Although if he does, the identity he has been hiding for so long will be known.

No one believes for one second that he would actually try to sue him.

Yeah, imagine him explaining in court: "Well, it was true I was escrowing my own deals but that doesn't make me a scammer."

I would imagine that all internet musings and trollings
fall apart instantly when you're in a real, actual courtroom environment.

erikalui
Legendary

Activity: 2632
Merit: 1094

View Profile WWW
September 13, 2015, 03:31:38 PM

Many people before have left negative feedback for shady behaver without any evidence. yet when its quickseller one of the biggest members on the forum and possible future staff member the majority defend the shady behavior even though they admit its shady and very scammy. especially since hes collecting fees for it too

This is because he has not yet scammed anyone. Many DT members have left him a negative rating due to this accusation but still don't believe he is a scammer as he has never attempted a scam. However, I don't trust him anymore and most others here don't trust him as well as his actions seem to be that of a scammer.

BitcoinBoss666

Activity: 124

View Profile
September 13, 2015, 03:56:47 PM

Quickseller is not scammer. Vod is just really jealous guy. And he love to stick his nose in not his buisness.
jonald_fyookball
Legendary

Activity: 1302
Merit: 1004

Core dev leaves me neg feedback #abuse #political

View Profile
September 13, 2015, 04:15:05 PM

Quickseller is not scammer.

You can debate labels, but he did use a secret alt to escrow for himself to get fees.

Seems that at least on a micro level , that was a scam.

No?

redsn0w
Legendary

Activity: 1778
Merit: 1042

#Free market

View Profile
September 13, 2015, 04:17:12 PM

Quickseller is not scammer.

You can debate labels, but he did use a secret alt to escrow for himself to get fees.

Seems that at least on a micro level , that was a scam.

No?

It was not legit so it can be considered as a scam (in my opinion). The other part didn't know that Quickseller was using an alt during the escrow.
Grumpster

Activity: 210

View Profile
September 13, 2015, 10:20:22 PM

Anyone wanting legitimate information on Quickseller's true identity can simply PM me. I see some people have been offering extraordinary sums of bitcoin for information on QS. Talk to me and show me you're serious and maybe I will give you her info for a price.  Grin
rebuilder
Legendary

Activity: 1615
Merit: 1000

View Profile
September 13, 2015, 10:26:50 PM

An "escrow scam" is where one party receives money into "escrow" (while being the escrow) and then fails to deliver the agreed upon goods. Is there someone that is claiming this happened to?

Jumping back here a little to poke holes in this argument. The above is like saying a ponzi scheme is only a scam once it stops paying out. That's nonsense. Leading trade partners to believe their investment is insured by a third party (the definition of escrow, after all) while posing as that third party is a scam. Charging fees for escrow when not providing the security of escrow is definitely a scam. If no-one got badly burnt yet by having the escrow provider unjustly settle a dispute in favour of himself, that's just because it didn't happen yet. Just like with a ponzi scheme.

A scam is a scam all along, it doesn't just turn into one when people find out about it.

Selling out to advertisers shows you respect neither yourself nor the rest of us.
---------------------------------------------------------------
Too many low-quality posts? Mods not keeping things clean enough? Self-moderated threads let you keep signature spammers and trolls out!
Coinonomous

Activity: 205

View Profile
September 13, 2015, 10:30:38 PM

Anyone wanting legitimate information on Quickseller's true identity can simply PM me. I see some people have been offering extraordinary sums of bitcoin for information on QS. Talk to me and show me you're serious and maybe I will give you her info for a price.  Grin

LOL... Ummm.. No?

Those of us looking for her info probably have a lot of it already, so I'm certainly not going to pay random guy on this forum, with such shitty trust for the info, which you cannot even prove you have without divulging it...  Roll Eyes

Post it up or shut up, eh?  Grin

Edit - Who exactly is offering extraordinary amounts of coin again? I missed that post.  Roll Eyes

,╓p@@███████@╗╖,     

,p████████████████████N,   

d█████████████████████████b   

d██████████████████████████████æ 

,████²█████████████████████████████,

,█████ ╙████████████████████╨ █████y

██████  `████████████████`  ██████

║██████   Ñ███████████`   ███████

███████    ╩██████Ñ    ███████

███████  ▐▄  ²██╩  a▌ ███████

╢██████  ▐▓█▄     ▄█▓▌  ███████

██████  ▐▓▓▓▓▌▄█▓▓▓▌ ██████─

▐▓▓▓▓▓▓█,,▄▓▓▓▓▓▓▌     

▐▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▌     

▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓─ 

²▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓╩   

▀▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▀   

²▀▀▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▀▀`     

²²²         

Xian01
Legendary

Activity: 1652
Merit: 1067

Christian Antkow

View Profile
September 13, 2015, 11:44:15 PM

...you are a disgrace to this community.   

... says the individual escrowing for themselves.
wayayo

Activity: 105
Merit: 10

View Profile
September 13, 2015, 11:55:31 PM

Anyone wanting legitimate information on Quickseller's true identity can simply PM me. I see some people have been offering extraordinary sums of bitcoin for information on QS. Talk to me and show me you're serious and maybe I will give you her info for a price.  Grin

Quickseller is a girl?
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 [13] 14 15 16 »  All
  Print  

Jump to: