June 19, 2024, 10:32:09 PM *
News: Voting for pizza day contest

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Poll
Question: none
. - 0 (0%)
. - 0 (0%)
Total Voters: 0

Pages: « 1 ... 54 55 56 57 58 59 60 61 62 63 64 65 66 67 68 69 70 71 72 73 74 75 76 77 78 79 80 81 82 83 84 85 86 87 88 89 90 91 92 93 94 95 96 97 98 99 100 101 102 103 [104] 105 106 107 108 109 110 111 112 113 114 115 116 117 118 119 120 121 122 123 124 125 126 127 128 129 130 131 132 133 134 135 136 137 138 139 140 141 142 143 144 145 146 147 148 »
  Print  
Author Topic: 🌱[ANN] SOIL | Environmental | Agriculture | Smart Contracts | Sustainable  (Read 237567 times)
bitcoinking5

Activity: 71
Merit: 10

View Profile
September 21, 2016, 03:09:56 PM

welcome
frostminer

Activity: 742
Merit: 505

View Profile WWW
September 21, 2016, 04:48:40 PM

Welcome back.

First priority should be security for the chain.
Theres been an asshole group attacking coins ruining a lot of value and projects....

Ethcode really needs update.
The nodes are horrible and accept whatevers thrown at them

soulgate
Legendary

Activity: 1078
Merit: 1050

View Profile WWW
September 22, 2016, 06:57:46 PM

welcome back

▄████████▄
                               ▄█████████████▄
                             ▒▓██████▒▒███████░
                            ▒▓█████████████████░
                            ▒▓█▓▒██████████▒▓██░
                            ▒▓█████████████████░
                             ▒▓██████▓▓███████░
                               ▀████████████▀
        ▒██░                ▄▄▄▄  ▀██████▀
            ▄███▄         ▄██████▄
            ▀███▀  ▄    ▒██████████░
                 ▄███▄  ▒██████████░
                 ▀███▀    ▀██████▀
                   ▀  ▄███▄ ▀▀▀▀
                     ▒█████░
                      ▀███▀
7%|  Annual Income 
   🔥VirtacoinPLUS🔥 
| X 11    POW | POS 
  Mining. Staking. Rewards. 
|  DECENTRALIZED INCOME HYBRID
    Created for The People.  By The People.  
|

▄▄████
              ▄▄████████▌
         ▄▄█████████▀███
    ▄▄██████████▀▀ ▄███▌
▄████████████▀▀  ▄█████
▀▀▀███████▀   ▄███████▌
      ██    ▄█████████
       █  ▄██████████▌
       █  ███████████
       █ ██▀ ▀██████▌
       ██▀     ▀████
                 ▀█▌

▄▄█▀▀ ▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄ ▀▀█▄▄
   ▐██▄▄██████████████▄▄██▌
   ████████████████████████
  ▐████████████████████████▌
  ███████▀▀▀██████▀▀▀███████
 ▐██████     ████     ██████▌
 ███████     ████     ███████
▐████████▄▄▄██████▄▄▄████████▌
▐████████████████████████████▌
 █████▄▄▀▀▀▀██████▀▀▀▀▄▄█████
  ▀▀██████          ██████▀▀
      ▀▀▀            ▀▀▀
adhitthana
Legendary

Activity: 1190
Merit: 1000

View Profile
September 22, 2016, 11:28:27 PM

With the attacks we have seen on other Etherium forks, what is Soilcoin doing about this? Smiley

I notice this link on the FB page.
http://cryptohustle.com/smaller-blockchains-find-a-solution-against-network-attacks

Over the past week there have been multiple attacks on smaller Ethereum based blockchains like Shift and Krypton. Both blockchains were forked due to 51% attacks combined with DoS attacks against nodes.

The Krypton blockchain was recently hijacked and nearly switched over to a non-Ethereum based POS chain, as an emergency solution. As it turns out, Krypton will be staying as an Ethereum based POW chain because an alternative solution was found.
adhitthana
Legendary

Activity: 1190
Merit: 1000

View Profile
September 23, 2016, 12:03:21 AM

COMPUTATIONAL SCIENCE PROJECTS
2nd HALF 2016

-climateprediction.net : The SOILcoin Project is actively working with climateprediction.net to build the BOINC (Berkeley Open Infrastructure for Network Computing) platform onto the SOILcoin network, to incentivize users to run climate models on people’s home computers to help answer questions about how climate change is affecting our world. These computer models simulate the climate for the next century, producing predictions of temperature, rainfall and the probability of extreme weather events.
Is this still in the works?
skidog
Legendary

Activity: 1393
Merit: 1001

View Profile
September 23, 2016, 12:09:31 AM

hello community. things, financially, have been finally clearing up for me and hopefully ill now be able to start working on SOIL again. its been a terrible summer, and living hand-to-mouth has been very stressful. ive kept up with my reading, watching whats going on with the crypto world, and am presently in talks with a couple people about coming aboard a newly reinvigorated development team for SOILcoin. i have remained working on some of the applications we have been working on.. the platinum and paladium based tokens have been built, and im testing the casting and recasting methods. i have a new website built and will be purchasing our domain name for a permanent home for SOILcoin. im sorry that ive not had the chance to really work much with you guys this summer, real life intruded and while abbsent, ive never given up on SOIL. i have always viewed this currency, this project, as a long term goal... five years out has always been my horizon, and with the advances going through the EVM and related fields, im excited for our future. i finallly have the time this week to get some servers back up and running, to get the stats, pools, explorers, website, SOIL-ex, etc. back up and running on their front ends. ive worked out a lot on using the tech from the btc-relay (which has SOIL running a BTC lite client, allowing for communication between blockchains) embedded in SOILex to also build the same for other sha256 currencies. (namecoin, peercoin, unobtanium, etc) and have defacto trading pairs set up between SOIL and other currencies in a decentralized manner. i have remained in contact with the folks behind climateprediction.net and integrating boinc servers thru the EVM via SOIL, and that project.. overall.. at least six months out. encryption of work units over the EVM seems to be one of the leading issues, but when futzed out should be an incredible application for the EVM in so many ways. i still strongl y believe that a cryptocurrency can have a dramatic real world affect, beyond that as a simple financial tool, and thta the projects we develop for SOILcoin, aimed at those industries we have targettted from teh beginning, will a half-decade from now, have some of the greatest societal impact of all. we're almost a year into this project, and while theres been a lot of stumbles, this is an emergent technology after all, im hoping that we can have a new development team in place by end of the m onth, with things running smoothly again soon after. if anyone else is interested in getting their hands dirty for little to no pay but the satisfaction of building a better blockchain for the world, send me a message. im trying to keep up on those things, and now that i have time to spare again, and the bills arent keeping me up at night and im not worried about how im going to feed my wife and son that day, i hope we can start making a lot of noise with this project.
I put up a little support for you. Welcome back. I hope all is well..
kawa900jc

Activity: 722
Merit: 500

StakeChain Community leader

View Profile
September 23, 2016, 10:31:54 AM

I put up a little support for you. Welcome back. I hope all is well..
wb @abvhiael

@skidog they have dumpt on your support!
It was not me!

altsheets
Legendary

Activity: 902

Free trial of #AltFolio = save time, react faster

View Profile WWW
September 24, 2016, 10:40:18 PM
Last edit: September 24, 2016, 10:53:59 PM by altsheets

Terribly sorry for the delay - but better late than never, right?

I still owed the promised pledged   bounty for the mining pools.

Here is Miners-Zone Donation SOIL address: 0x9ac33d9bc44ed7d89f5aec9c81f12524984906c1
Just for info I already got 500 SOIL from Shkembe as donation.
Well done, Shkembe. And because you have sent your 500 there ^^^ ...

Hi, here is my SOIL address:
Code:
0x4c36b095E198c7D7B5Fa550C5910E7B9Ce31b1be
I did it to support community, not for the bounty, but thank you for all the donations. Cheesy
... I have now sent my 500 SOIL here ^^^    ( 0xb5e1baba008b931e92939eced922d6528febc9fb9d90111300780f25e0d33771 )

Now both pool admins got rewarded, as promised. And both equally. Good. Please keep up the good work!

What was this about? -->

2 new pools <-- collective bounty

Is there any working pools?
yep this pool is closing soon. Atleast what they say. http://185.92.223.78:8082/#/
this is the only pool right?
Someone who can make a pool for us?
No time, but I can pledge 500 SOIL into a collective bounty
for someone who sets up a pool, and hosts it for at least 6 months.
Who else wants to contribute to this bounty?
I'll take a part! 500 soil from me too. Smiley
Did you get a pool up? I can donate too...

Thx to
        Crypto*Digger (question),
        markus124 (info),
        Dale Hackbart (call for expertise),
        altsheets (pledge 500 into collective bounty),  
        Shkembe (500 too),
        skidog (donate too)
        ExEric3 (pool 1)
        Mariuszeq (pool 2)

So:

(1)
    WE GOT 2 NEW POOLS FOR SOIL, AMAZING.
    Thanks to everyone involved!

(2)
We have 500 + 500 + ? ? ? ? SOIL to distribute now.
Anyone else out there who's community-aware-and-not-only-shortterm-selfish - and wants to add to that pool bounty?

(3)
... both pools ... :

Installed new mining pool for SOIL:
http://soil.miners-zone.net

New Soil Mining Pool:
soil.4miners.net

more infos [about the pools] in those two posts.

(5)
Donators:
Consider to announce here when you have sent some money.  
   'Do good - and then make sure to talk about it.'     Wink

Thanks for participating.

This is how true cooperation can look like in cryptoland. Very happy  

Smiley

P.S.: Welcome back, Abvhiael!  

AltFolio = Altcoin Portfolio solution || AAsset = crowdfunding, dividends paying = profit sharing Assets on NXT || Newbium great new platform || AssetGraphs = novel GUI to assets & shareholders (won nxthacks2015!) || ABEE = Block Explorer Extension for ETH clones, live on SOIL || Advice = Consulting || assetparser.py and shareholders.py - tools for NXT/HZ asset buyers & issuers || bamm.py || PeerCrawler || PGP || Texts || Github e.g. ChainCountDown, ethjsre |||| /give/ GiveBackLicense /give/ |||| Looking for an affordable crypto advertisement service with adspaces on crypto-attractive websites, contact me, thx.
abvhiael

Merit: 501

View Profile
September 24, 2016, 10:44:01 PM

thanks for the rewelcomes! its feeling to good to get my fingers back into SOIL, and am hoping to put as many hours as possible into it, in between tattoo clients.

the 51% attack vector, experienced in shift and krypton society.

ive been reading up on this, and one might even think that the massive mining attacks that hit us (and lead to ridiculously long block times) during the past winter, may have been a precursor to these sorts of DDOS and double spend attacks. i like the idea of locked checkpoints, but i do also dislike the idea that it could lead to more centralization (a few individuals having control of when and where hardcoded checkpoints are set and handled.. which in malicious hands can lead to more double-spend attacks).

and perhaps this is the sand in the Vaseline; especially for smaller blockchains such as SOIL, or Krypton or Shift. (or whatever the newest ETH fork is); is that to provide stronger blockchain security, one must centralize more - which goes against the IDEALS behind cryptocurrency. ROCK -> x <- HARD PLACE. take the split in the ETH community, where now we have ETH, ETC, and EthRegenesis. This all led out of a centralized (Ethereum Foundation) decision to roll back the block chain.

Krypton seems to be moving onto a separate PoS chain until they solve the issue, moving away from the EVM. they purchased hash power and distributed it to try to regain control...  Shift is migrating to LISK, which I think has even MORE opportunity to be maliciously used do their their PoS delegates protocols as well as how the LISK sidechains are governed in relation to consensus and minting. Neither of those options seem very good, nor does the idea of sheltering as an Expanse-based asset, which makes no sense at all to me. `

we will be updating the core SOILcoin protocols with a fork, updating our system to Homestead compliancy. we will, i think, stick with following the protocol advances of the ETH-Core group, regardless of how i might feel personally about the recent fork and how it affects a radical shift away from decentralization. this will also be an opportunity to revisit the block reward issues, to increase supply and foundation reserves.

ill be watching VERY CLOSELY regarding the fixes that are discovered to prevent these attacks against small-hashrate currencies. setting out hard benchmarks on the blockchain, which is slightly decentralizing, seems to be the best answer right now, and perhaps a smart contract can be constructed to allow this to be done autonomously, controlled by a contract rather than an individual or even a 2-of-3 multisig wallet signature reliance to make those changes to benchmarks.

so, for the next week, ill be getting the hard nodes reset on servers. this will be an out of pocket expense, but if anyone knows of NEARLY FREE cloud servers that i can run the nodes on, vultr costs about $10 a month US per node. i will be updating the OP with up-to-date links and will get our website back up, hopefully with the soilcoin.com domain. ill get to work on the protocol upgrades, and update our mist-based wallet to the newest iteration.

Quote from: soil on September 10, 2015, 09:28:20 PM
COMPUTATIONAL SCIENCE PROJECTS
2nd HALF 2016

-climateprediction.net : The SOILcoin Project is actively working with climateprediction.net to build the BOINC (Berkeley Open Infrastructure for Network Computing) platform onto the SOILcoin network, to incentivize users to run climate models on people’s home computers to help answer questions about how climate change is affecting our world. These computer models simulate the climate for the next century, producing predictions of temperature, rainfall and the probability of extreme weather events.
Is this still in the works?

yes, ive remained in contact with both folks over at boinc who are working on porting the platform to the EVM and with climateprediction.com i dont have a hard set date for when this might be accomplished, but im hoping that the 2nd half of this year bares fruit. i think this is a hugely important project.

ill answer the last weeks emails received tomorrow, i have a client coming in at 8pm tonite for a coverup tattoo. gonna be a late night, seeng what they WANT compared to what they presently have on their skin. talk to you all tomorrow.
holgerkpedersen

Activity: 21
Merit: 0

View Profile
September 26, 2016, 08:15:38 AM

@abvhiael: Thanks for the info update of your thoughts about the attacks on ETH based blockchains.  Wink

I understand your concerns about the centralization of knowledge about locking blocks, and the chance of corruption amongst insiders. I agree, it's not better. But, the bigger the number of nodes, the harder it is to take over with 51% attacks. Probably, it could be a solution until the network has matured.
sussex

Activity: 658
Merit: 500

View Profile
September 26, 2016, 12:13:59 PM

if anyone knows of NEARLY FREE cloud servers that i can run the nodes on

https://lowendbox.com/

https://www.vpscheap.net/pricing.aspx

My offer of a Vultr instance still stands too... let me know.
altsheets
Legendary

Activity: 902

Free trial of #AltFolio = save time, react faster

View Profile WWW
September 26, 2016, 01:49:20 PM

if anyone knows of NEARLY FREE cloud servers that i can run the nodes on

I am happily running the ABEESOIL blockchain explorer incl. a public node on a digitalocean
5$/month droplet. Enable /swap, then the smallest droplet works also when compiling.

---

By the way, the donations for my last SOIL-related iniatives
(improve ABEESOIL) have summed up to a staggering 8.79 SOIL, so ...

If anyone of you good people feels like it, please donate some of your coins to me.

Thx

ABEESOIL 0.2.5
AltSheets Block Explorer Extension for SOILcurrency
version 0.2.5 - August 2016

http://178.62.133.174:9001

New in v0.2.5

* Block explorer autogenerates addPeer() commands!
* New innovative function.
* Solves an old-and-frequent problem: how to add which peer nodes.
* explanations, and discussion.

Please send money, to support the development of this software. Every bit counts!

[SOIL] 0x8da4fc05ca343e6a41646194e91931d9f413a40c
                              BTC 1M4EaZVprZEmtrS3G78fMFy8yGVgdUJMXv

Your soil block explorer ABEESOIL got an upgrade.

Please contribute, to 0x8da4fc05ca343e6a41646194e91931d9f413a40c. Thanks.

Quoting from ABEE thread:

ABEESOIL 0.2.4
AltSheets Block Explorer Extension for SOILcurrency
version 0.2.4 - July 2016

http://178.62.133.174:9001

New in v0.2.4

much more info in that July 22nd post .

Thanks
 Wink

AltFolio = Altcoin Portfolio solution || AAsset = crowdfunding, dividends paying = profit sharing Assets on NXT || Newbium great new platform || AssetGraphs = novel GUI to assets & shareholders (won nxthacks2015!) || ABEE = Block Explorer Extension for ETH clones, live on SOIL || Advice = Consulting || assetparser.py and shareholders.py - tools for NXT/HZ asset buyers & issuers || bamm.py || PeerCrawler || PGP || Texts || Github e.g. ChainCountDown, ethjsre |||| /give/ GiveBackLicense /give/ |||| Looking for an affordable crypto advertisement service with adspaces on crypto-attractive websites, contact me, thx.
Disens

Activity: 22

View Profile
September 28, 2016, 08:20:59 AM

WHO IS THE OWNER OF THIS POOL?
http://soil.4miners.net
The website works fine?
The fourth day no payout
Explain it please!
Mariuszeq

Activity: 32

View Profile
September 28, 2016, 11:04:03 AM

The website works fine?
The fourth day no payout
Explain it please!

Hi, payouts are suspended because pool have connection with 1 peer only and it's not safe to process payouts in such circumstances. SOIL network is not reliable now, we are investigating. All miners shares are safe and hope will be payed out soon. Pool balance can be checked at: http://178.62.133.174:9001/#/address/0x406aa933569b6dc45ec5c239b89443405d8a0c5d
skidog
Legendary

View Profile
September 28, 2016, 11:26:35 AM

The website works fine?
The fourth day no payout
Explain it please!

Hi, payouts are suspended because pool have connection with 1 peer only and it's not safe to process payouts in such circumstances. SOIL network is not reliable now, we are investigating. All miners shares are safe and hope will be payed out soon. Pool balance can be checked at: http://178.62.133.174:9001/#/address/0x406aa933569b6dc45ec5c239b89443405d8a0c5d
What is the solution....How can people help?
abvhiael

View Profile
September 28, 2016, 01:09:27 PM

The website works fine?
The fourth day no payout
Explain it please!

im hoping to have a few hard nodes running on cloud servers installed and running today. trying to set them up as btc-relayers as well, to further decentralize and automonize that function on the blockchain. peter was our blockchain expert, so im having to learn a lot on the fly regarding the parameters and such, going forward. i was always more interested in the smart contracts and dApp architecture, but if i can learn three programming languages in 6 months, i can get the knack of this part too. ive been working on the Homestead-compliant fork the last few days , and thinking about upping the block reward again was wondering what everyone thought of that as well. havent quite gotten to the fnal touches on the website, only so many hours in a day, and even less when you are raising a six year-old. will update as often as i can.
skidog
Legendary

View Profile
September 28, 2016, 03:17:08 PM

The website works fine?
The fourth day no payout
Explain it please!

im hoping to have a few hard nodes running on cloud servers installed and running today. trying to set them up as btc-relayers as well, to further decentralize and automonize that function on the blockchain. peter was our blockchain expert, so im having to learn a lot on the fly regarding the parameters and such, going forward. i was always more interested in the smart contracts and dApp architecture, but if i can learn three programming languages in 6 months, i can get the knack of this part too. I've been working on the Homestead-compliant fork the last few days , and thinking about upping the block reward again was wondering what everyone thought of that as well. haven't quite gotten to the final touches on the website, only so many hours in a day, and even less when you are raising a six-year-old. will update as often as i can.
OK...Yes, kids can take up time. Post when you get nodes up and running.
Vindicate

Activity: 13

View Profile
September 28, 2016, 03:35:02 PM

I am very interested in SOIL and what it will actually turn into. I am new to posting, but I have been here for 3 years watching. SOIL looks to have an honest team and that is the most important part to this. Honest, sincere teams. It is good to see the Ethereum branchs surviving.T he continued success of Expanse and its wonderful dev team is a testament to this even more so and they have been steadfast in their dedication to the expanse goals. The seed continues to grow.
abvhiael

View Profile
September 28, 2016, 05:06:58 PM

@abvhiael: Thanks for the info update of your thoughts about the attacks on ETH based blockchains.  Wink

I understand your concerns about the centralization of knowledge about locking blocks, and the chance of corruption amongst insiders. I agree, it's not better. But, the bigger the number of nodes, the harder it is to take over with 51% attacks. Probably, it could be a solution until the network has matured.

ive been giving this a lot of thought, and tearing thru google like a madman, about this problem thats faced Krypton and Shift. and the idea presented, hardcoded blocks, seems like the best scenario, assuming a trustworthy currency developer. Ive never veiwed SOIL as a financial engine... hell, theres more than enough blockchains out there that are hyperobsessed with fintech, and yeah, thats where the money is. but SOIL isnt about that, its always been about the technology, how it can change EVERY sector of industry. and to make that technology available, globally. its always been about building the dApps for distributed climate prediction, and microgrid systems, and food provenance and livestock lineage, its been about making this sort of technology, these smart contracts, available to anyone, with operating costs a fraction of what corporate interests use to line their pockets with. i think its sad to see Krypton abandon the EVM, and its sad to see Shift migrate to LISK, but thats the reality of the cryptopolitical landscape. to accomplish wwhat SOIL is to become, we need the EVM. and no, not Ethereum's blockchain or Expanse's blockchains, because those currencies are very good at being what they are building themselves into. SOIL should always be something different, and it should always be independent, and as open to its users as it is NOW. anyone can build on SOIL, anything. gas costs, comparatively, for computational intesive work, SOIL is gonna be the place to go. and i want SOIL to be a.. well.. a "humanitarian blockchain" or maybe the first truly GREEN one. ive said from the beginning that this project is going to something that takes YEARS to mature. what i WANT to build with it, technology has to catch up with. its a committment, and its been hard to really focus on it over the last few months, while finances were tighter than theyve ever been. but i weathered thru, and SOIL did too. i hope, if the 51Crew guys are monitoring these smaller EVM blockchains, and if theyre reading this, please dont attack SOIL. theres no money to pay off your ransom. for me, keeping my family fed is a near day to day proposition. i have NO cryptocurrency reserves. but SOIL is something different. we're under the radar, quietly building something that will benefit humanity in the end. its not about money, its about leaving something more and better behind than what we found this world when we were born.

that being said,hard coded benchmarks on the blockchain should be easy enough to fit into our protocols, and have those run by a smart contract. theres quite a lot of smart contract blockchain administrative stuff that i want to get set up under an umbrella SOILdev account, things already running on the SOILnet as contracts. this should be one of those sorts of things. at least, although the SOILcoin Foundation might maintain the keys to those contracts, the whole of it can be automated, and protected by a 2-of-3 multisig wallet, with at least one unaffiliated but active community member as a signatory.

this post really went sideways from where id planned, but lack of coffee in my system toay is likely the culprit. trying to catch up on these nodes, and cloud servers. to whom offered up a vultr server instance, id check the message list, but ive got KITTENS roaming across my mousepad right nw, and one wrong move... (sighs) will post again later if i can. i have a massive TO-DO list involved to get SOILnet back up and healthier than ever. then i can get back to building the neat stuff for it.
dzejmsdin

Activity: 355
Merit: 250

View Profile
September 29, 2016, 10:09:00 AM

how can I get a slack invite?

▄▄█████████████▄▄
       ▄▄████████████████████
     ▄██  █  ██████████████  ███
   ▄████  █  ████████████   ██████
  ▄█████  █  ██████████   █████████
 ███████  █  ████████   ████████████
▄███████  █  ██████   ██████████████
████████  █  █████   ████████████████
████████  █  ███   █  ███████████████
████████  █  █   █  ██  █████████████
▀███████  █     ████  ██  ███████████
 ███████  █   ████████  ██  ████████
  ▀█████    ████████████  ██  █████
   ▀████  ████████████████  ██████
     ▀██ ███████████████████  ███
       ▀▀████████████████████▀▀
           ▀▀████████████▀▀

KURRENT

● GITHUB
● TWITTER
● SLACK
Pages: « 1 ... 54 55 56 57 58 59 60 61 62 63 64 65 66 67 68 69 70 71 72 73 74 75 76 77 78 79 80 81 82 83 84 85 86 87 88 89 90 91 92 93 94 95 96 97 98 99 100 101 102 103 [104] 105 106 107 108 109 110 111 112 113 114 115 116 117 118 119 120 121 122 123 124 125 126 127 128 129 130 131 132 133 134 135 136 137 138 139 140 141 142 143 144 145 146 147 148 »
  Print  

Jump to: