Bitcoin Forum
May 08, 2024, 02:28:41 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: YOU ARE ENTITLED TO A REFUND if you used Quickseller/Panther52 as an escrow  (Read 2314 times)
This is a self-moderated topic. If you do not want to be moderated by the person who started this topic, create a new topic.
Vod (OP)
Legendary

Activity: 3696
Merit: 3073

Licking my boob since 1970

View Profile WWW
September 13, 2015, 08:04:31 AM
Last edit: September 14, 2015, 02:05:29 AM by Vod

If you took out a loan in the last few months, and used Quickseller/Panther52 as an escrow, QS says you are entitled to a refund of his escrow fees.

Why?  He was recently caught escrowing for himself.  When you pay a premium to a third party, you expect protection.  Quickseller took the premium but did not provide any additional protection and was certainly not a third party.  He basically just added on a free fee for himself under the guise of protection.   95% of the forum said his actions were unethical/not OK.

He has offered to refund anyone who used his bogus escrow service.  This thread will serve as ledger.

If you were escrow scammed by Quickseller or any of his alts (Panther52, AcctSeller, possibly other), please do the following in a single message:

The amount you paid for escrow
The forum thread where the deal went down (so we can verify)
Update your post when QS pays you back

This thread will be self moderated to avoid disruption.  Quickseller, you are not welcome here - do not post.
Quickseller was removed from Default Trust for trying to deceive basically the entire forum, pretending to be banned to throw attention off his scam.

To discuss if self escrow is ethical:  https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=1174622.0
To discuss QS' escrow scam:  https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=1171059.0

https://nastyscam.com - landing page up     https://vod.fan - advanced image hosting - coming soon!
OGNasty has early onset dementia; keep this in mind when discussing his past actions.

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
tarsua

Activity: 266
Merit: 250

View Profile
September 13, 2015, 08:27:32 PM

why is this in the lending section? marketplace would be a better match
PistolPete

Activity: 90
Merit: 10

View Profile
September 13, 2015, 10:56:49 PM

He has offered to refund anyone who used his bogus escrow service.

Can you provide the relevant post to back this up? From my limited perusal I was under the impression that QS offered to pay back all those who used his escrow service for trade with his known alts, effectively Panthers52.
dooglus
Legendary

Activity: 2940
Merit: 1330

View Profile
September 14, 2015, 01:21:43 AM

Can you provide the relevant post to back this up? From my limited perusal I was under the impression that QS offered to pay back all those who used his escrow service for trade with his known alts, effectively Panthers52.

No, he said he was willing to refund everyone:

If anyone who has paid for my escrow services wishes to get a refund they are more then welcome to do so.

Even though you have no agreement to my above point, I have previously stated that I would be willing to refund any escrow fee that anyone has paid if they request such, so even your nullified point is moot.

Just-Dice                 ██             
          ██████████         
      ██████████████████     
  ██████████████████████████ 
██████████████████████████████
    ██████████████████████   
        ██████████████       
            ██████           
   Play or Invest                 ██             
          ██████████         
      ██████████████████     
    ██████████████████████   
        ██████████████       
            ██████           
   1% House Edge
Vod (OP)
Legendary

View Profile WWW
September 14, 2015, 01:37:56 AM

why is this in the lending section? marketplace would be a better match

That is a good point.  I'll make a thread there and point people here.  Thank you.

That's the reason I'm asking for the "The forum thread where the deal went down (so we can verify) ".  So the community can see if it was a scam or not.  It would be too confusing to put all the details in the limited subject line, so I just cast a wide net and then let the small fish go.

https://nastyscam.com - landing page up     https://vod.fan - advanced image hosting - coming soon!
OGNasty has early onset dementia; keep this in mind when discussing his past actions.
TheButterZone
Legendary

Activity: 3052
Merit: 1031

RIP Mommy

View Profile WWW
September 14, 2015, 01:59:10 AM

You could move this topic to Marketplace and leave a redirection topic behind.

Saying that you don't trust someone because of their behavior is completely valid.
Vod (OP)
Legendary

View Profile WWW
September 14, 2015, 03:58:11 AM

You could move this topic to Marketplace and leave a redirection topic behind.

Thank you for the advice.  I agree the Marketplace is probably where Quickscammer did most of his escrow scams.

Possum577

Activity: 434
Merit: 250

Loose lips sink sigs!

View Profile WWW
September 14, 2015, 10:17:01 PM
Last edit: September 14, 2015, 10:30:59 PM by Possum577

Is Panthers52 also a Quickseller account? What if we used either for escrow for a goods purchase (not lending)? The above comment was made but no one confirmed that Panther and Panthers are the same...are they?

Quickseller, you're a sneaky one with all these alt accounts! I dealt with Panthers and I think you might have responded from both accounts in the thread, wtf?!

Quickseller, are you also Blazedout?

#feelingviolated

Vod (OP)
Legendary

View Profile WWW
September 14, 2015, 10:48:26 PM

Is Panthers52 also a Quickseller account? What if we used either for escrow for a goods purchase (not lending)? The above comment was made but no one confirmed that Panther and Panthers are the same...are they?

Quickseller, you're a sneaky one with all these alt accounts! I dealt with Panthers and I think you might have responded from both accounts in the thread, wtf?!

Quickscammer and Panther52 are the same person, along with many other accounts.

If you have a link to the thread where QS and Panther52 were chatting to each other, that is very helpful in determining QS's honesty.

dooglus
Legendary

Activity: 2940
Merit: 1330

View Profile
September 14, 2015, 11:47:29 PM

Quickscammer and Panther52 are the same person, along with many other accounts.

If you have a link to the thread where QS and Panther52 were chatting to each other, that is very helpful in determining QS's honesty.

Here's Panthers saying that he's for sure not QS:

If you want proof of who I am then review this video[NSFW] and you will see for sure that I am not QS and who exactly I am.

Kind Regards
Panthers52

Here's QS referring to Panthers as "someone else":

Just finding out about this now.
 if true, then it should be extended with a small grace period

It is your auction, although this happened to someone else as well at roughly the same time and they ended the auction:

The same happened with me. This means that I am going to have to take the loss, as I took the risk associated with having an auction.

I also found this (in a locked thread so I couldn't quote it) where the two accounts seem happy to let people believe they are different people:

Just-Dice                 ██             
          ██████████         
      ██████████████████     
    ██████████████████████   
        ██████████████       
            ██████           
   Play or Invest                 ██             
          ██████████         
      ██████████████████     
    ██████████████████████   
        ██████████████       
            ██████           
   1% House Edge
Blazed
Casascius Addict
Legendary

Activity: 2128
Merit: 1119

View Profile WWW
September 14, 2015, 11:50:19 PM

#feelingviolated

He is not Blazedout - I only have 1 account period. What would ever make you think that anyways?
Vod (OP)
Legendary

View Profile WWW
September 14, 2015, 11:56:21 PM

Here's Panthers saying that he's for sure not QS:

If you want proof of who I am then review this video[NSFW] and you will see for sure that I am not QS and who exactly I am.

Kind Regards
Panthers52

So that is Quickscammer LYING, isn't it?
And if lies, he can be called a liar, can't he?
So if I call him a liar, it can't be libel, can it?

Now when he calls me a liar, that is libel and worth probably five figures, given the damage to my reputation on this forum.
(Note:  It's ok to talk of a lawsuit - Quickscammer has budgeted 20btc to suing me for "libel".)

nubbins
Legendary

Activity: 1554
Merit: 1009

View Profile
September 15, 2015, 12:56:01 PM

LELELELELELELELELEL this fucking place. All the popcorn in the world will not suffice.

Pretty soon someone (else) is going to discover that 90% of traffic on /r/Bitcoin is just Markov chains talking to each other.

Bitcoin: We swear it's going places

No longer buying/selling Casascius coins. Beware scammers.
My OTC Web of Trust ratings / What's a PGP chain of custody?
ezeminer
Legendary

Activity: 2184
Merit: 1118

Lie down. Have a cookie

View Profile
September 18, 2015, 04:41:45 AM

LELELELELELELELELEL this fucking place. All the popcorn in the world will not suffice.

Pretty soon someone (else) is going to discover that 90% of traffic on /r/Bitcoin is just Markov chains talking to each other.

Bitcoin: We swear it's going places

Once we get the BullCrapPlow through this pile of cow manure we might be able to do something.

CrackedLogic
Legendary

Activity: 1050
Merit: 1000

View Profile
September 21, 2015, 06:00:32 PM

#feelingviolated

He is not Blazedout - I only have 1 account period. What would ever make you think that anyways?

Not only would I be shocked but I'd be extremely disappointed if Blaze were to be QS. I however, see no relation of the accounts, how did you assume that?

Shocked BUY GAMESWITHBTCITCOINFORDISCOUNTEDPRICES Shocked
armedmilitia

Activity: 562
Merit: 506

We're going to need a bigger heatsink.

View Profile WWW
September 25, 2015, 02:55:55 PM

Maybe all accounts on this forum are alts of QS? Am I the only real person here!?
I find it funny that there's networks of puppet alts controlled by random users on this forum. What's the point of that, even?

Seriously though, that's pretty scummy, although I'm glad he's refunding people--even if it is just a PR move.

Always use escrow. OgNasty is pretty sweet.

Help me out with compiling a list of mining datacenters!
Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: