Bitcoin Forum
May 28, 2024, 01:28:28 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 [12] 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 »  All
  Print  
Author Topic: Requesting-Vod be prevented deleting posts Self Modded thread/Removed from DT  (Read 35566 times)
poeEDgar

Activity: 299
Merit: 250

View Profile
September 16, 2015, 07:17:16 PM

Sure, go ahead and find an instance where I signed an agreement that included the explicit statement that said I was a neutral third party. Any agreement that I entered into stated that funds would be kept secure until goods/currency was received by the other party. That is what happened.

A contract does not need your signature -- certainly not in the US. And my argument is that the dictionary and legal definitions of escrow are controlling, as opposed to your imaginary definition:

By the very definition of escrow, and the common definition used on this forum, it indeed is implied that an escrow is a "neutral third party." You know that's how the law (and logic) generally work, right?

It's not a rational argument to say: In spite of the dictionary definition and commonly accepted use of the word "escrow," it is fair to assume that one that seeks the services of an "escrow" is not seeking a "neutral third party." You are the one that is incorrectly assuming, in the face of customary language and practice.

I'm also at a loss for how "funds would be kept secure" when they are being held by the interested second party. What's to stop the interested second party from taking the money and running? He has an interest in doing so.

Why would a trader ask for an escrow, otherwise?

Quote from: Gavin Andresen
I woulda thunk you were old enough to be confident that technology DOES improve. In fits and starts, but over the long term it definitely gets better.
Quickseller (OP)
Copper Member
Legendary

Activity: 2884
Merit: 2327

View Profile
September 16, 2015, 07:21:36 PM

Find an instance where I entered into an agreement stating that I am a neutral third party. Signed or otherwise.

The trader would want a party that has sufficient reputation to hold the money until the goods/currency are received.
Quickseller (OP)
Copper Member
Legendary

View Profile
September 16, 2015, 07:26:12 PM

Thank you tomatocage. Now either someone needs to exclude Vod or dooglus should remove Vod as well.
poeEDgar

View Profile
September 16, 2015, 07:29:59 PM

Find an instance where I entered into an agreement stating that I am a neutral third party. Signed or otherwise.

The trader would want a party that has sufficient reputation to hold the money until the goods/currency are received.

Regarding the bolded:

By the very definition of escrow, and the common definition used on this forum, it indeed is implied that an escrow is a "neutral third party." You know that's how the law (and logic) generally work, right?

It doesn't matter a bit whether you explicitly stated you were a "neutral third party." This just shows you have not a clue how the law (or common decency) works.

A trader who specifically requests an escrow =/= a trader who would have trusted you enough to simply send first. Acting as your own escrow is effectively the latter (in spite of the other party's wishes to have an escrow).

I woulda thunk you were old enough to be confident that technology DOES improve. In fits and starts, but over the long term it definitely gets better.
Karpeles
Legendary

Activity: 1162
Merit: 1000

View Profile
September 16, 2015, 07:42:53 PM

Thank you tomatocage. Now either someone needs to exclude Vod or dooglus should remove Vod as well.

what Tomatocage did?
Quickseller (OP)
Copper Member
Legendary

View Profile
September 16, 2015, 07:45:25 PM

what Tomatocage did?
Removed Vod from his trust list.
Quickseller (OP)
Copper Member
Legendary

View Profile
September 16, 2015, 07:46:58 PM

Regarding the bolded:

It doesn't matter a bit whether you explicitly stated you were a "neutral third party." This just shows you have not a clue how the law (or common decency) works.

A trader who specifically requests an escrow =/= a trader who would have trusted you enough to simply send first. Acting as your own escrow is effectively the latter (in spite of the other party's wishes to have an escrow).
If you wish to discuss this topic there is another thread for that discussion. Vod has locked it so you will need him to reopen it. I responded to you a minimal amount of times as a professional curtesy however I do not wish to get this thread further derailed.
jonald_fyookball
Legendary

Activity: 1302
Merit: 1004

Core dev leaves me neg feedback #abuse #political

View Profile
September 16, 2015, 07:49:24 PM

what Tomatocage did?

Interesting.

Why did you do that TC?

People accused QS of being TC and QS also
said anyone who leaves him negative trust will be
removed from DT.

spooky.

poeEDgar

View Profile
September 16, 2015, 07:50:17 PM

Regarding the bolded:

If you wish to discuss this topic there is another thread for that discussion. Vod has locked it so you will need him to reopen it. I responded to you a minimal amount of times as a professional curtesy however I do not wish to get this thread further derailed.

Professional courtesy? Concern for derailing the thread? You are simply adorable.

Good MO -- deflect, deflect, deflect, never respond to the argument. Then walk away. Really effective. Roll Eyes

Anyway, just more implicit admission that you are, indeed, a scammer.

Quickseller (OP)
Copper Member
Legendary

View Profile
September 16, 2015, 07:52:08 PM

what Tomatocage did?

Interesting.

Why did you do that TC?

removed from DT.

spooky.

Maybe I have very strong arguments that are based on facts. If you seriously think I am a scammer then your judgement is strongly impaired.
stingers
Legendary

Activity: 1184
Merit: 1013

View Profile
September 16, 2015, 08:39:15 PM

what Tomatocage did?

Interesting.

Why did you do that TC?

removed from DT.

spooky.

Maybe I have very strong arguments that are based on facts. If you seriously think I am a scammer then your judgement is strongly impaired.
The argument that you are a scammer is also based on facts that are well recognised and accepted by the public.
Care to give a date when you will leave?
jonald_fyookball
Legendary

View Profile
September 16, 2015, 08:51:58 PM

Maybe I have very strong arguments that are based on facts. 

Vod
Legendary

Activity: 3710
Merit: 3084

Licking my boob since 1970

View Profile WWW
September 16, 2015, 08:53:11 PM

what Tomatocage did?

Interesting.

Why did you do that TC?

removed from DT.

spooky.

I'd like to know why as well.    Huh

https://nastyscam.com - landing page up     https://vod.fan - advanced image hosting - coming soonish!
OGNasty has early onset dementia; keep this in mind when discussing his past actions.
Quickseller (OP)
Copper Member
Legendary

View Profile
September 16, 2015, 08:53:47 PM

Says the person giving positive trust to multiple scammers and negative trust to those that have scammed no one Cheesy
Quickseller (OP)
Copper Member
Legendary

View Profile
September 16, 2015, 08:56:38 PM

Hopefully the Bear will feel it is necessary to exclude Vod from his trust list if he is against all this Dox'ing business that Vod was so strongly encouraging shadow_runner to proceed with.

Plus his ratings seem to be more based on personal issues as of recently as opposed to actual scams/trades.
Vod
Legendary

View Profile WWW
September 16, 2015, 08:58:05 PM

Hopefully the Bear will feel it is necessary to exclude Vod from his trust list if he is against all this Dox'ing business that Vod was so strongly encouraging shadow_runner to proceed with.

Plus his ratings seem to be more based on personal issues as of recently as opposed to actual scams/trades.

I was attacked today, called a pedo for no reason, by you and Brad.

The entire forum stood up for me.

Did you miss that?   Have you read my signature?

https://nastyscam.com - landing page up     https://vod.fan - advanced image hosting - coming soonish!
OGNasty has early onset dementia; keep this in mind when discussing his past actions.
jonald_fyookball
Legendary

View Profile
September 16, 2015, 09:03:43 PM

Says the person giving positive trust to multiple scammers and negative trust to those that have scammed no one Cheesy

I guess that's why I'm still on DT and you're not.

Quickseller (OP)
Copper Member
Legendary

View Profile
September 16, 2015, 09:04:54 PM

Did I call you a pedo? I don't remember doing that. I did however call you a bully and said that I do not feel bad when a bully gets bullied themselves.
Quickseller (OP)
Copper Member
Legendary

View Profile
September 16, 2015, 09:06:36 PM

I guess that's why I'm still on DT and you're not.
Are you talking about QS or me as a person?

My statement is correct. I do make logical arguments and Vod has no business being on DT based on how he has acted over the long term.
Vod
Legendary

View Profile WWW
September 16, 2015, 09:07:51 PM

Did I call you a pedo? I don't remember doing that. I did however call you a bully and said that I do not feel bad when a bully gets bullied themselves.

Yes, you suggested I was a pedo by my referencing an article recently where a 2 year girl was raped.

You post a lot and have a poor memory.  Did you read my signature?

Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 [12] 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 »  All
  Print  

Jump to: