Bitcoin Forum
April 26, 2024, 09:56:49 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 [5]  All
  Print  
Author Topic: Censorship on Bitcointalk  (Read 9239 times)
Phinnaeus Gage
Legendary

Activity: 1918
Merit: 1570

Bitcoin: An Idea Worth Spending

View Profile WWW
October 23, 2012, 04:58:28 AM

If there is a pattern of trolling you should have no problem pointing to examples of clearly trolling behavior.  Instead, you have dodged doing so for over a week and have instead pointed to posts hidden behind  a paywall on another forum apparently dedicated to trolling this site.  Why, exactly, are you a member of such a group?

It sounds more and more that the definition of "trolling" on this forums is simply "stuff Theymos doesn't like"

There is no literal trolling on this forum with exceptions of Rarity or others. These people are obviously looking for just a reaction.

On the other hand, skepticism and disagreement are labeled as trolling here, wrongly so.

Yet another baseless accusation leveled at Rarity.  Let me guess, you have posted with the troll planners on this "Something Awful" too?

Rarity was the definition of a reasonable skeptic on these forums.  Her skepticism of libertarian arguments and her pro-government and regulation views were labeled as trolling specifically because they were a minority viewpoint strongly argued.  Some of those with less faith in their views could not handle the challenge of not not existing in an echo chamber and chose the easy way out of attacking the messenger rather than defending their views.

Okay, Rarity.

Okay, dank.

Goodnight, John Boy.

Seriously, was it a 7 day ban or permanent? I've read this whole thread and didn't see the answer.

I'm going to bed now, but if I don't read an answer in the morning, I'm going to post pics of naked bears.

Nite, all.

~Bruno K~

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
"With e-currency based on cryptographic proof, without the need to trust a third party middleman, money can be secure and transactions effortless." -- Satoshi
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
Dancing Dan (OP)

Activity: 27
Merit: 0

View Profile
October 23, 2012, 05:04:59 AM

If there is a pattern of trolling you should have no problem pointing to examples of clearly trolling behavior.  Instead, you have dodged doing so for over a week and have instead pointed to posts hidden behind  a paywall on another forum apparently dedicated to trolling this site.  Why, exactly, are you a member of such a group?

It sounds more and more that the definition of "trolling" on this forums is simply "stuff Theymos doesn't like"

There is no literal trolling on this forum with exceptions of Rarity or others. These people are obviously looking for just a reaction.

On the other hand, skepticism and disagreement are labeled as trolling here, wrongly so.

Yet another baseless accusation leveled at Rarity.  Let me guess, you have posted with the troll planners on this "Something Awful" too?

Rarity was the definition of a reasonable skeptic on these forums.  Her skepticism of libertarian arguments and her pro-government and regulation views were labeled as trolling specifically because they were a minority viewpoint strongly argued.  Some of those with less faith in their views could not handle the challenge of not not existing in an echo chamber and chose the easy way out of attacking the messenger rather than defending their views.

Okay, Rarity.

Okay, dank.

Goodnight, John Boy.

Seriously, was it a 7 day ban or permanent? I've read this whole thread and didn't see the answer.

Goodnight, Mary Ellen.  I would like to know that too.  I assumed it was a permaban from the start and have been sticking with that since no moderator has contradicted it. 
augustocroppo
VIP

Activity: 756
Merit: 503

View Profile
October 23, 2012, 08:19:13 PM

Of course you disagree, and you should not be criticized for defending yourself or a fellow poster from false accusations as you are doing with Rarity.

False. I only presented evidence to substantiate the moderators decision to ban Rarity.

The name Zhou Tong was in the title, you don't get to pretend it was not about him.  You are being dishonest and absurd, the discussion assumed his guilt and was examining his psychology.  Read the thread.

Irrelevant.

The unnecessary posts in question were pointing out the need for moderation of death threats.  You can't find any real examples because they don't exist.

The posts are the evidence which you required and now you are ignoring.

A request for evidence is not a claim.

False.

http://oxforddictionaries.com/definition/english/claim?q=claim

Definition of claim

1 [reporting verb] state or assert that something is the case, typically without providing evidence or proof:

We should discuss the chilling effects of long time user Rarity being banned for questioning Theymos in the scam accusations forum.  Theymos may feel he is totally innocent in his role as a partner and officer with GLBSE but on a forum which depends on free speech for its value it is quite disturbing that this is the method used when the head administrator is questioned.   The conflict of interests between Theymos' role with GLBSE and his role as overseer of the moderators on this forum who are judging scam accusations against his company has come to a point where it cannot be ignored when critics are being silenced.  Theymos should step down as administrator on Bitcointalk at least until this matter is resolved.  Even if totally innocent, the appearance of impropriety in this case is stark.

You did a claim with no requests for any evidence. Further, when evidence was provided, you ignored.
MiloSmith

Activity: 14

View Profile
October 23, 2012, 08:19:33 PM

^ Rarity should have been banned for saying death threats should be moderated and for discussing Zhou Tong and Psychology in a thread about Zhou Tong and psychology.  And Dancing Dan should be banned for assuming what they already admitted in this thread, that they acted in response to what Rarity said to Theymos.

We get it, let's go back to the real issue here since Dan is no longer with us.

Dancing Dan has raised some serious questions.  Instead of answering them, the moderators pointed to a site hidden behind a paywall and banned him for it.  I can't think of any better confirmation that he was right about this all along.
augustocroppo
VIP

Activity: 756
Merit: 503

View Profile
October 23, 2012, 08:31:49 PM

We get it, let's go back to the real issue here since Dan is no longer with us.

Dancing Dan has raised some serious questions.  Instead of answering them, the moderators pointed to a site hidden behind a paywall and banned him for it.  I can't think of any better confirmation that he was right about this all along.

Wait... Dancing Dan was banned as well?

GOOD RIDDANCE, Dan!

Cheesy
MiloSmith

Activity: 14

View Profile
October 23, 2012, 08:35:34 PM

I think it's kind of ironic some of the obvious excuses trotted out to ban Rarity have tripped all over themselves and become nonsense.

For instance, it has been suggested that Rarity should be banned because his request to have the written agreement he made with dank honored was considered a "mockery" and that he should be banned because he is a "Something Awful" troll.

I am an SA member, joined to get to the bottom of this, and the truth is that Dank is the actual SA troll in this situation.  He has even admitted it, though there is no such evidence for Rarity aside from speculation.

https://i.imgur.com/fFopJ.jpg

So what actually occurred was SA troll dank obviously never intended to fulfill his agreement and even admitted sabotaging it in the scammer thread.  Why blame an innocent member like Rarity for getting trolled by SA into making the scammer thread?

If any of these excuses aimed at Rarity were true and just reasons to ban, he would still be here and the real SA troll who mocks our proud scammer tag tradition would be gone.
repentance

Activity: 868
Merit: 1000

View Profile
October 23, 2012, 09:06:41 PM

So what actually occurred was SA troll dank obviously never intended to fulfill his agreement and even admitted sabotaging it in the scammer thread. Why blame an innocent member like Rarity for getting trolled by SA into making the scammer thread?

If any of these excuses aimed at Rarity were true and just reasons to ban, he would still be here and the real SA troll who mocks our proud scammer tag tradition would be gone.

Are you trying to get the gibbis thread closed?

All I can say is that this is Bitcoin. I don't believe it until I see six confirmations.
Bitcoin Oz

Activity: 686
Merit: 500

Wat

View Profile WWW
October 27, 2012, 11:12:58 PM

I think the entire forum should be banned then we can all move to a different forum.   Smiley

deeplink

Activity: 728
Merit: 500

In cryptography we trust

View Profile
October 28, 2012, 01:42:48 PM

I think the entire forum should be banned then we can all move to a different forum.   Smiley

Wouldn’t that just pollute the new place if you let the same misfits go there?

It might help to have a forum with more competent moderators.

Who are you?
AndrewBUD

Activity: 1078
Merit: 502

View Profile WWW
October 28, 2012, 01:50:44 PM

Rarity#7 ?

▄▄▄███████▄▄▄
▄▄█████▀▀''`▀▀█████▄▄
▄███P'            `YY██▄
▄██P'                  `Y██▄
███'                      `███
███'                         ███
▄██'   ▄█████▄▄  ,▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄p   ███
▄██▀  ,████▀P▀███.`██████████P   ▀██▄
███[ ,████ __. ███.   ,▄████▀    ███
███[ ]████████████[  ▄████▀       ███
███[ `████   ,oo2 ▄████▀'       ,███
▀██▄  `████▄▄█████d███████████   ▄██▀
▀██.   `▀▀▀▀▀▀"  Y▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀  ,██▀
███.                        ,███
▀██▄                      ▄██▀
▀███▄_                 ,███▀
▀███▄▄_          _▄▄███▀
▀▀████▄▄ooo▄▄█████▀
▀▀███████▀▀'

TM

EZ365 is a digital ecosystem that combines
the best aspects of online gaming, cryptocurrency
trading
and blockchain education. ▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀

..WHITEPAPER..    ..INVESTOR PITCH..

.Telegram     Twitter   Facebook

.'M████▀▀██  ██
                      W█Ws'V██  ██▄▄███▀▀█
                     i█████m.~M████▀▀██  ███
                     d███████Ws'V██  ██████
                     ****M██████m.~███f~~__mW█
          ██▀▀▀████████=  Y██▀▀██W ,gm███████
      g█████▄▄▄██   █A~`_WW Y█  ██!,████████
   g▀▀▀███   ████▀▀`_m████i!████P W███  ██
 _███▄▄▄██▀▀▀███Af`_m███   █W ███A ]███  ██
__ ~~~▀▀▀▀▄▄▄█*f_m██████   ██i!██!i███████
Y█████▄▄▄▄__. i██▀▀▀██████████ █!,██████
 8█  █▀▀█████.!██   ██████████i! █████
 '█  █  █   █W M█▄▄▄██████   ██ !██
  !███▄▄█   ██i'██████████   ██
   Y███████████.]██████████████
   █   ███████b ███   ██████
   Y   █   █▀▀█i!██   ████
    V███   █  █W Y█████
      ~~▀███▄▄▄█['███
            ~~*██

Play

│
    │      ███
    │      ███
    │      ███
    │   │  ███
   ███  │  ███
   ███ ███ ███
 │  ███ ███ ███
███ ███ ███ ███
███ ███  │   │
███ ███  │   │
 │   │
 │

Trade

__▄▄████▄▄
     __▄▄███████████████▄▄▄
 _▄▄█████████▀▀~`,▄████████████▄▄▄
 ~▀▀████▀▀~`,_▄▄███████████████▀▀▀
   d█~  =▀███████████████▀▀
   ]█! m▄▄ '~▀▀▀████▀▀~~ ,_▄▄
  ,W█. *████▄▄__ '  __▄▄█████
  !██P  █████████████████████
   W█. - ██████████████████▀
  i██[   ~ ▀▀█████████▀▀▀
 g███!
Y███

Learn
[/tabl
Raoul Duke
aka psy
Legendary

Activity: 1358
Merit: 1002

View Profile
October 28, 2012, 01:56:42 PM

Rarity#7 ?

Yup: https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=117590.msg1303049#msg1303049
dree12
Legendary

Activity: 1246
Merit: 1077

View Profile
October 28, 2012, 09:15:51 PM

Rarity#7 ?

Yup: https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=117590.msg1303049#msg1303049

Rarity is the new Atlas! This place is so interesting. Let’s face it without the “Days of Our Lives” drama this would just be a boring assed forum about economics and cryptography where everyone would say things like, “Oh, what a wonderful thing that is you’ve done there professor. Let’s pat each other on the back some more.” The Rarity, Atlas, Matthew N. Wright, Pinkie Pie, Solidcoin, Goat, Smoothie, Dank, bulanula, reeses and even you make this forum something interesting. Without them it would be like this forum here: http://amazingforums.com/forum/IRVIN/forum.html

In the next episode: Will Rarity get banned? Will he reinvent himself and come back? Will Professor Plum find the secret of TBF. Will the Mod hazek go apeshit on them. Learn these answers and more on the next episode of……

Great. Now we have two Atlases. Though, Rarity is a bit better than Atlas because her posts seem at least a bit more on topic. But that's like comparing epsilon with zero; they are both completely useless.
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 [5]  All
  Print  

Jump to: