Bitcoin Forum
April 26, 2024, 09:36:28 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 [43] 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 56 57 58 59 60 61 62 63 64 65 66 67 68 69 70 71 72 73 74 75 76 77 78 79 80 81 82 83 84 85 86 87 88 89 90 91 92 93 ... 285 »
  Print  
Author Topic: The future of the paper money  (Read 416527 times)
uname

Activity: 420
Merit: 250

View Profile
May 08, 2016, 12:02:56 AM

It is undoubted that paper money has its days numbered, because at this technologically advanced age, we have a lot of new and more reliable ways to carry out our financial exchanges. This primitive money has disappeared in most relevant exchanges, and perhaps it will completely disappear in 20 years.
yeah i'm sure that paper money should definitely be replaced with something newer. but maybe not 20 years from now? may be much longer I'm sure the paper money they can last longer

Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
co5hike

Activity: 798
Merit: 1000

View Profile
May 08, 2016, 12:09:09 AM

It is undoubted that paper money has its days numbered, because at this technologically advanced age, we have a lot of new and more reliable ways to carry out our financial exchanges. This primitive money has disappeared in most relevant exchanges, and perhaps it will completely disappear in 20 years.
yeah i'm sure that paper money should definitely be replaced with something newer. but maybe not 20 years from now? may be much longer I'm sure the paper money they can last longer

What else new you want apart from bitcoin? Bitcoin is the newest thing, if bitcoin cannot replace paper money then there is nothing else that can replace it.
bamboylee

Activity: 1148
Merit: 504

View Profile
May 08, 2016, 08:10:53 AM

The future of paper money is as promising as it has been till date as the users of paper money are huge and they will continue to use it even bitcoin gets on mainstream.

For that bitcoin should get accept worldwide as payment gateway, Paper money is now largely used. And that will not change later. I also know that Bitcoin will be more used now in the future.
But many people need also their paper money, because some people dont even know what Bitcoin do, so first we must promote Bitcoin.

Of course we need to promote bitcoin and make more people adopt to using bitcoins. We also need to promote it to businesses as an alternative payment schemes. More people using bitcoin, the better. Time will come when we can use bitcoin as easily as we use fiat now.
eddyubachs

Activity: 812

View Profile
May 08, 2016, 08:24:01 AM

If bitcoin gains its physical form in future then it can really challenge paper money, but I don't think that is possible and also people have more faith in that currency which they can hold physically
23dzmaz

Activity: 420

View Profile
May 08, 2016, 08:59:56 AM

I think paper money will still exist  even bitcoin get more popular on that day. On small country or small village, paper money is the best choice than bitcoin imo.
Cyaren

Activity: 294

View Profile
May 08, 2016, 09:04:08 AM

Paper currency will eventually die off, due to the fundamentals of the system.

Paper money will be banned entirely? Not banned, but it'll collapse eventually.
How long do you think that happens?
would it work? Yes, with BTC.
What security and privacy risks would it raise? Not really. As paper currency is itself irreversible and anonymous.
And how would public and privately issued monies interact? I doubt we'll go back to the system with many private banks that issue their own promissory notes. Bitcoin is the perfect answer to this problem.
fkvidar

Activity: 924

View Profile
May 08, 2016, 09:07:55 AM

I think paper money will still exist  even bitcoin get more popular on that day. On small country or small village, paper money is the best choice than bitcoin imo.

Very rightly said as people in poor countries and small villages will continue to use paper money, they don't care what  the hell bitcoin is.
romero121
Legendary

Activity: 3164
Merit: 1213

View Profile
May 08, 2016, 11:00:18 AM

Very rightly said as people in poor countries and small villages will continue to use paper money, they don't care what  the hell bitcoin is.

Even in grown countries there exist poor and people without knowledge in computer and technology. So everywhere paper money will continue even in the days of bitcoin's enormous growth.
Nimbulan

Activity: 658
Merit: 500

View Profile
May 08, 2016, 12:04:06 PM

Andrew Haldane said one solution would be for the Bank of England to issue a state-backed digital currency based on bitcoin. Supporting this initiative would be a negative interest rate levied on paper currency relative to the digital currency, with these measures do you think there is more possibilities that sometime:

Paper money will be banned entirely?
How long do you think that happens?
would it work?
What security and privacy risks would it raise?
And how would public and privately issued monies interact?

even now banks wants us to use credit cards instead of paper money, so i think in 15-20 years there won't be any paper money at all, and everyone will use digital only

bitcoin never had paper money and it never will, but people are used to paper money so i don't think that they will like it a lot, so maybe they will change to bitcoin because of that

. ██████████.
                              .████████████████.
                           .██████████████████████.
                        -█████████████████████████████
                     .██████████████████████████████████.
                  -█████████████████████████████████████████
               -███████████████████████████████████████████████
           .-█████████████████████████████████████████████████████.
        .████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████
       .██████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████.
       .██████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████.
       ..████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████..
       .   .██████████████████████████████████████████████████████.
       .      .████████████████████████████████████████████████.

.       .██████████████████████████████████████████████
       .    ██████████████████████████████████████████████████████
       .█████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████.
        .███████████████████████████████████████████████████████████
           .█████████████████████████████████████████████████████
              .████████████████████████████████████████████████
                   ████████████████████████████████████████
                      ██████████████████████████████████
                          ██████████████████████████
                             ████████████████████
                               ████████████████
                                   █████████
.YoBit AirDrop $.|.Get 700 YoDollars for Free!.🏆
NordicRanger

Activity: 350

View Profile
May 09, 2016, 10:10:20 AM

Nobody will know what the future will be of the paper money and as you can see now you see of course that Bitcoin is getting more used and it becomes also more popular.
But there are still a lot of people that dont even know how Bitcoin works and that is why paper money cant disappear.
Well you are partly right but I think on a long term it can disappear for good, even elderly people are already paying digital without paper money and I think that is saying pretty much about the future.
Nobody will know what the future of paper money will be and that can be a huge problem because if Bitcoin is getting more popular than more people will use it.
But there are still now not that much people that is using Bitcoin and that is bad.
Adrayrd

Activity: 271

View Profile
May 09, 2016, 10:20:55 AM

I like paper money. I like to feel the buying power in my hands :p Bitcoin makes me feel like a robot. I am not saying paper money is better tho.
That's true the feeling of having real paper money is better then seeing some numbers on your computer.
That's not feeling like a robot your like a robot then.
a7mos

Activity: 574
Merit: 500

View Profile
May 09, 2016, 10:29:44 AM

I do not think people would stop dealing with banknotes in the future. because an entirely depending on digital money in a world with natural disasters that can shut down electricity for days will be a bad choise
Barbut

Activity: 1694
Merit: 502

★Bitvest.io★ Play Plinko or Invest!

View Profile
May 09, 2016, 10:31:11 AM

I like paper money. I like to feel the buying power in my hands :p Bitcoin makes me feel like a robot. I am not saying paper money is better tho.
That's true the feeling of having real paper money is better then seeing some numbers on your computer.
That's not feeling like a robot your like a robot then.

Its just the feeling you have. Soon we will have just credit cards and that`s it. You can like it or no, but that is a fact. I don`t think paper money have some big future. Soon everything will be digital, cause of that I think blockchain is the future.

True feeling is when you know you can, and not when you feel some paper in your hands. That is an illusion.

.BIG WINNER!.
[15.00000000 BTC]

▄████████████████████▄
██████████████████████
██████████▀▀██████████
█████████░░░░█████████
██████████▄▄██████████
███████▀▀████▀▀███████
██████░░░░██░░░░██████
███████▄▄████▄▄███████
████▀▀████▀▀████▀▀████
███░░░░██░░░░██░░░░███
████▄▄████▄▄████▄▄████
██████████████████████

▀████████████████████▀
▄████████████████████▄
██████████████████████
█████▀▀█▀▀▀▀▀▀██▀▀████
█████░░░░░░░░░░░░░████
█████░░░░░░░░░░░░▄████
█████░░▄███▄░░░░██████
█████▄▄███▀░░░░▄██████
█████████░░░░░░███████
████████░░░░░░░███████
███████░░░░░░░░███████
███████▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄███████

██████████████████████
▀████████████████████▀
▄████████████████████▄
███████████████▀▀▀▀▀▀▀
███████████▀▀▄▄█░░░░░█
█████████▀░░█████░░░░█
███████▀░░░░░████▀░░░▀
██████░░░░░░░░▀▄▄█████
█████░▄░░░░░▄██████▀▀█
████░████▄░███████░░░░
███░█████░█████████░░█
███░░░▀█░██████████░░█
███░░░░░░████▀▀██▀░░░░
███░░░░░░███░░░░░░░░░░

██░▄▄▄▄░████▄▄██▄░░░░
████████████▀▀▀▀▀▀▀██
█████████████░█▀▀▀█░███
██████████▀▀░█▀░░░▀█░▀▀
███████▀░▄▄█░█░░░░░█░█▄
████▀░▄▄████░▀█░░░█▀░██
███░▄████▀▀░▄░▀█░█▀░▄░▀
█▀░███▀▀▀░░███░▀█▀░███░
▀░███▀░░░░░████▄░▄████░
░███▀░░░░░░░█████████░░
░███░░░░░░░░░███████░░░
███▀░██░░░░░░▀░▄▄▄░▀░░░
███░██████▄▄░▄█████▄░▄▄

██░████████░███████░█
▄████████████████████▄
████████▀▀░░░▀▀███████
███▀▀░░░░░▄▄▄░░░░▀▀▀██
██░▀▀▄▄░░░▀▀▀░░░▄▄▀▀██
██░▄▄░░▀▀▄▄░▄▄▀▀░░░░██
██░▀▀░░░░░░█░░░░░██░██
██░░░▄▄░░░░█░██░░░░░██
██░░░▀▀░░░░█░░░░░░░░██
██░░░░░▄▄░░█░░░░░██░██
██▄░░░░▀▀░░█░██░░░░░██
█████▄▄░░░░█░░░░▄▄████
█████████▄▄█▄▄████████

▀████████████████████▀

Rainbot
Daily Quests
Faucet
Alauria

Activity: 131
Merit: 100

View Profile
May 09, 2016, 12:21:02 PM

I don't think that is possible, paper money will always exist as majority of people finds it easy to use as they are used to it  and feel comfortable in using it.
The future of paper money will be not that bad and that is because there are now still a lot of people that dont even know how to use Bitcoin and that is the problem.
But indeed Bitcoin is getting more popular and that is nice.
BeGoods
Legendary

Activity: 1372
Merit: 1008

View Profile
May 09, 2016, 02:19:26 PM

The future of the paper money will never change. People will always use normal gold to buy their
stuff. People cant live without paper money these days. Maybe after a 100 year it will be gone but
don't think so.

As long as government produce and disseminate paper money, they will always be alive..Even if their citizens don't want to use it, if that's the only legal tender accepted in their locality, then probably they will be pushed to use it...
Lol if people no longer need paper money or in other words there is no demand for paper money. certainly the bank or the government would not release versions of paper money. it's just going to spend the budget of the government. I think the progress of time can not be resisted
ElpadroBitcoin

Activity: 336

View Profile
May 09, 2016, 03:24:21 PM

Paper money is going to be around for still a long time because it is just to much of a problem to get rid of it. It would be a whole process to go and only count digital money.
It would also be different per country I think.
ASHLIUSZ

Activity: 994
Merit: 502

View Profile
May 09, 2016, 04:30:56 PM

The future of the paper money will never change. People will always use normal gold to buy their
stuff. People cant live without paper money these days. Maybe after a 100 year it will be gone but
don't think so.

As long as government produce and disseminate paper money, they will always be alive..Even if their citizens don't want to use it, if that's the only legal tender accepted in their locality, then probably they will be pushed to use it...
Lol if people no longer need paper money or in other words there is no demand for paper money. certainly the bank or the government would not release versions of paper money. it's just going to spend the budget of the government. I think the progress of time can not be resisted

Government won't stop releasing paper money as it demands more. The reason paper money was invented was all the gold and coins could be stored somewhere all together and just hand out bills making it lighter.
Airforce

Activity: 7
Merit: 0

View Profile
May 09, 2016, 04:37:32 PM

There is no future of paper money
OrangeII

Activity: 2058
Merit: 503

#SWGT PRE-SALE IS LIVE

View Profile
May 09, 2016, 04:57:18 PM

Paper money is going to be around for still a long time because it is just to much of a problem to get rid of it. It would be a whole process to go and only count digital money.
I guess if someday bitcoin will be known and spread in the real world, I feel that bitcoin will be created in the form of paper, the same as the existing banknotes

.SWG.io.

..Pre-Sale is LIVE at $0.15..

..Buy Now..

``█████████████████▄▄
``````▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄████▄
````````````````````▀██▄
```▀▀▀▀``▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▄███
``````▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄``▄███
``▄▄▄▄▄▄▄```▄▄▄▄▄``▄███
``````````````````▄██▀
```````````████████████▄
````````````````````▀▀███
`````````▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▄████
```▄▄▄``▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄`````███
`▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄``▄▄▄▄▄▄`````███
▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▀████
```````````````````▄▄████
``▀▀▀▀▀``▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀█████
██``███████████████▀▀

FIRST LISTING
..CONFIRMED..

jamesl22

Activity: 392

View Profile
May 09, 2016, 08:42:14 PM

I guess if someday bitcoin will be known and spread in the real world, I feel that bitcoin will be created in the form of paper, the same as the existing banknotes

If that is the scenario then many more people will start using bitcoin, as people have more faith in a currency that can be hold physically and spent physically.
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 [43] 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 56 57 58 59 60 61 62 63 64 65 66 67 68 69 70 71 72 73 74 75 76 77 78 79 80 81 82 83 84 85 86 87 88 89 90 91 92 93 ... 285 »
  Print  

Jump to: