Bitcoin Forum
May 05, 2024, 08:02:59 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 ... 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 56 57 58 59 60 61 62 63 64 65 66 67 68 69 70 71 72 73 74 75 76 77 78 79 80 81 82 83 84 85 86 87 88 89 90 91 92 93 94 95 96 97 [98] 99 100 101 102 103 104 105 106 107 108 109 110 111 112 113 114 115 116 117 118 119 120 121 122 123 124 125 126 127 128 129 130 131 132 »
  Print  
Author Topic: I quit trading  (Read 242485 times)
Soranith

Activity: 798
Merit: 502

View Profile
October 10, 2017, 09:07:52 AM

I have done great economic damage these days. Trading does not make much profit anymore and is very risky. So I just want to do mining.

I think trading can still be profitable for as long as you have the skills and you know what you are doing and I think its normal to have some loses in trading even those professional traders also experience loss from time to time.

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
"This isn't the kind of software where we can leave so many unresolved bugs that we need a tracker for them." -- Satoshi
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.
Smarty14392

Activity: 560
Merit: 286

View Profile
October 10, 2017, 02:39:19 PM

So how do you feel now is a good time for trading? Or a good time has already passed. And in general, how to start trading? Where should I start?
If you really want to get into trading, I will personally suggest trying trading with small amount of the respective coin you are holding. Trading is the popular method of making money in the crypto world but for that you need a lot of practice and courage. Without these two things you are going to face failures countless times in crypto market. Trading needs a lot of home work and skills. Good luck!
StarofBTC

Activity: 1148
Merit: 528

View Profile
October 10, 2017, 04:08:32 PM

This is not a good idea, giving up means you lose. there is still plenty of time to learn.
you must have a teacher or mentor to let you understand the safe trading style.  Cool
You need to be very much brave and you need to be having a big heart if you are into this world of trading. It is not a bad decision actually if you are planning for quitting the trade. In fact, I will support you in this aspect especially when you are not doing much well with the trading. You need to take a break so that you can start again with more zeal and zest.
I do not see why someone will classify not quitting a good idea. If the OP or anyone feels they have tried their best and it is not just working out for them, then why not? The thing is no matter how some people learn, there are just some attributes in them that may not really be of much help in trading.

So it is either they find out those attributes and work on them or they just look for something else to do. However, for those who did not even make an attempt to learn, then it is better they find best means possible to retrace their steps rather than quitting cause of their own mistakes.
w5pn73

Activity: 635
Merit: 251

View Profile
October 10, 2017, 04:29:33 PM

This is not a good idea, giving up means you lose. there is still plenty of time to learn.
you must have a teacher or mentor to let you understand the safe trading style.  Cool
You need to be very much brave and you need to be having a big heart if you are into this world of trading. It is not a bad decision actually if you are planning for quitting the trade. In fact, I will support you in this aspect especially when you are not doing much well with the trading. You need to take a break so that you can start again with more zeal and zest.
I do not see why someone will classify not quitting a good idea. If the OP or anyone feels they have tried their best and it is not just working out for them, then why not? The thing is no matter how some people learn, there are just some attributes in them that may not really be of much help in trading.

So it is either they find out those attributes and work on them or they just look for something else to do. However, for those who did not even make an attempt to learn, then it is better they find best means possible to retrace their steps rather than quitting cause of their own mistakes.

Agreed. It can't workout for everyone, the profit one trader makes is money out of another traders pocket.
yishak

Activity: 269
Merit: 100

View Profile
October 10, 2017, 04:32:41 PM

You are one damn lucky guy , having 40bitcoins is too much. I am sorry that you lost some of your initial investment though.

I suggest you cashout 70% of your bitcoins then use the remaining 30% to trade.don't give up  this time.
salmanahmedone

Activity: 602
Merit: 500

View Profile
October 10, 2017, 06:30:45 PM

So guys, after 2 years of trading i am going to stop. (unless i have full time to trade, which i currently don't)

I have calculated all my trades on the various platforms i have used in the last couple years.

Deposited: 47BTC (roughly)

Withdrew: 40BTC (roughly)

Overall i am happy with the results, i would pay 7 BTC anyday for what i have learned so far.

Now the question is: what the fuck do i do now with my money.

You can always step it up to the real numbers. Take that scenario, multiply it by 100 and come play in the big boy yard. 7 BTC, I was just saying that each and every floor trader we have starts the day with that as trading power, and ends the day with nearly twice as much on an average day.
moopser

Activity: 90
Merit: 0

View Profile
October 10, 2017, 06:58:02 PM

So guys, after 2 years of trading i am going to stop. (unless i have full time to trade, which i currently don't)

I have calculated all my trades on the various platforms i have used in the last couple years.

Overall i am happy with the results, i would pay 7 BTC anyday for what i have learned so far.

Did last posters checked topic start date? It was 2 years ago. Who knows what happened to that 40 btc..

But honestly, how can someone advise what to do with money not knowing actual needs, life position and status.. The only thing that comes in mind looking on how btc grew for this past 2 years - to hold, hold, and to enjoy watching price goes up.
mrbnson

Activity: 182
Merit: 101

X-Block.io

View Profile
October 10, 2017, 07:16:54 PM

Did last posters checked topic start date? It was 2 years ago. Who knows what happened to that 40 btc..

But honestly, how can someone advise what to do with money not knowing actual needs, life position and status.. The only thing that comes in mind looking on how btc grew for this past 2 years - to hold, hold, and to enjoy watching price goes up.

I don't think any one really pays attention to it at all. But you are right that you cannot say what is right because it depends hugely person to person. I would advise anyone to hold their bitcoin but frankly if I had 40btc I would likely cash out a large amount to secure my future in some way.
burah7

Activity: 14
Merit: 0

View Profile
October 10, 2017, 07:22:02 PM

Especially this days with high volatile you need to have great patience and discipline trading
wuvdoll
Legendary

Activity: 1442
Merit: 1025

View Profile
October 10, 2017, 08:25:46 PM

It is not that easy. Even if you read the trend you might guess 5 movements and the 6th one will go bad and take 100+% of the previous 5 ones. It is just a matter of time. Perhaps it will happen now or in 5 years. So nothing is gained on the long term...
Even the pros will make you understand that it is not always a win win situation. Good knowledge can make you minimize loss, but ability to see the future will only make you to always win which we both know it is not possible to see the future. Like you said, if you have 6 trades, you might win in 5 but you do not have to lose the 6th one badly if you know when to stop and cancel the trade.
shata

Activity: 547
Merit: 253

View Profile
October 10, 2017, 09:37:34 PM

It is not that easy. Even if you read the trend you might guess 5 movements and the 6th one will go bad and take 100+% of the previous 5 ones. It is just a matter of time. Perhaps it will happen now or in 5 years. So nothing is gained on the long term...
Even the pros will make you understand that it is not always a win win situation. Good knowledge can make you minimize loss, but ability to see the future will only make you to always win which we both know it is not possible to see the future. Like you said, if you have 6 trades, you might win in 5 but you do not have to lose the 6th one badly if you know when to stop and cancel the trade.

I agree on this matter,  pros sometime fail due to trading isn't good for the coins that's been holding for several months and it took up a year upon achieving good pumps. But other investors were courageous to face the very big challenge and won't ever quit and always controls their emotions.

▄▄█████████▄▄
▄█████████████████▄
▄████████████ ▀███████▄
▄█████████████   ▀██████▄
▄█████████ ▀████▄   ▀█████▄
██████████  ██████▄   █████
█████ ▀████▄ ▀██████▄ █████
█████   ▀████▄ ▀ ██████████
▀█████▄   ▀████▄ █████████▀
▀██████▄   █████████████▀
▀███████▄ ████████████▀
▀█████████████████▀
▀▀█████████▀▀
Emporium.
Finance
Decentralized Peer-to-Peer
Marketplace and DeFi
Liquidity Mining Platform
▄▄█▀▀██▀██▀▄▄
▄███▀██▀▀▀▀▀ ▄▄   
 ▀          ▄█▀▄█▄    
▄▄▄▄▄        ▀   ▀██▄███▄
▄██████▄          ▄▄██████▄
███████▌       ▄███████████
█████████▄  ▀█▄████████████
███████████▄▄▄▀▀▀▀▀████████
▀█████████████▀     ▀▀████▀
▀████████████▄        ██▀
▀████████████▌    ▄▄██▀
▀██████████▌  ▄███▀
▀▀██████ ▄█▀▀
Available
in +125
Countries
▄███▄
█████
▀███▀
▄▄▄     ▄█████▄     ▄▄▄
█████    ███████    █████
█████    ███████    █████
▄███▄               ▄███▄
███████     ███     ███████
███████ ██▄█████▄██ ███████
▀▀▀▀▀▀▀  ███▀ ▀███  ▀▀▀▀▀▀▀
███▄ ▄███
██▀█████▀██
███
Community
Governance
System
▄▄██████▄▄ ▄▀▄
      ▀▀▀ ▄██▄
          ▀██ ▄██▄       ▄█
        ▄██   ▀▀███▄   ▄███
       ▄██        ▀█▄   ███
      ▄██           ▀  ▄███
     ▄██        ▄▄     ▀███
    ▄██        ██▀      ███
   ▄██                ▄████
  ▄██         ▄█████████▄ █
  ▀▀      ▄▄▄█████ █▀  ████
      ▄▄██▀▀██▀  ███▄  ▄███
    ▄██████████████████████
Liquidity
Mining
Platform
████████████████████████████████████████████████████████
JOIN NOW
████████████████████████████████████████████████████████
ThunderCatSteve

Activity: 770
Merit: 505

View Profile
October 11, 2017, 01:09:20 AM
Last edit: April 13, 2018, 09:14:39 AM by ThunderCatSteve

+
ronafurw

Activity: 420
Merit: 102

View Profile
October 11, 2017, 07:27:10 AM

The question is: can anyone stop trading?? It is so addictive... But seriously, I think that if someone has a lot of money and does not know what to do with it, instead of trading he should just HODL. Pick the best projects, screen the team members, their goals, activity on social media and just hodl for some time. From my perspective, this is the best strategy when it comes to crypto. I guess technical traders will feel more secure with Forex.
Trading is not that risky or difficult job. Moreover, there is always a chance to recover the loss. The key to become successful in trading is to have some patience under bad situations. First of all, choose the right asset for investment ike bitcoin.

Hold during the dip or much better buy more coins at cheap rates and then sell some amount when the prices are high. That is all but still people get disappointed from it.
I disagree, newbie traders most often losses and trading is a totally risky for them. That's why they need to undergo this road to experience and gain some learnings along the way they trade.

Some get dissapounted because they have no contentment and always asking for more price jump and if its dumps they are dissapointed.

Some newbies always end up loosing badly because they did not even bother to know what to do in the process of trading before jumping into having experience. There is a step for everything and you need to pick each step one at a time. I have been in the newbie position before and made a lot of mistake until I searched for knowledge and realised so many mistakes I could have averted if I actually learned just a little.
That is why everyone who is into this world of trading suggests to new comers to learn the thing well before getting into trading. I must say that trading is an art and not everyone is an artist. You cannot become a successful trader until and unless you are not a learned man. So learn well, otherwise you will end up quitting trade in the early stage of your carrier.
aishyoo17

Activity: 490
Merit: 250

View Profile
October 11, 2017, 07:55:34 AM

The question is: can anyone stop trading?? It is so addictive... But seriously, I think that if someone has a lot of money and does not know what to do with it, instead of trading he should just HODL. Pick the best projects, screen the team members, their goals, activity on social media and just hodl for some time. From my perspective, this is the best strategy when it comes to crypto. I guess technical traders will feel more secure with Forex.
Trading is not that risky or difficult job. Moreover, there is always a chance to recover the loss. The key to become successful in trading is to have some patience under bad situations. First of all, choose the right asset for investment ike bitcoin.

Hold during the dip or much better buy more coins at cheap rates and then sell some amount when the prices are high. That is all but still people get disappointed from it.
I disagree, newbie traders most often losses and trading is a totally risky for them. That's why they need to undergo this road to experience and gain some learnings along the way they trade.

Some get dissapounted because they have no contentment and always asking for more price jump and if its dumps they are dissapointed.

Some newbies always end up loosing badly because they did not even bother to know what to do in the process of trading before jumping into having experience. There is a step for everything and you need to pick each step one at a time. I have been in the newbie position before and made a lot of mistake until I searched for knowledge and realised so many mistakes I could have averted if I actually learned just a little.
That is why everyone who is into this world of trading suggests to new comers to learn the thing well before getting into trading. I must say that trading is an art and not everyone is an artist. You cannot become a successful trader until and unless you are not a learned man. So learn well, otherwise you will end up quitting trade in the early stage of your carrier.
Your point is 100 percent true bro, if someone doesn't have the skill in trading yet you should try at least learn how to do it before doing it. Losses will be there always so its better also to trade a little amount of money first since you are still in the process of learning.

▄▄▄▄
▐████▌
▀██▀
▐▌
▄██▄
▄▄▄▄ ▐████▌ ▄▄▄▄
▐████▌ ▀▀▀▀ ▐████▌
████  ▄▄▄▄  ████
▐████▌
▄▄▄▄        ▄▄▄▄  ▀██▀  ▄▄▄▄        ▄▄▄▄
▐████▌      ▐████▌  ▐▌  ▐████▌      ▐████▌
▀██▀  ▄▄▄▄  ▀██▀  ▄██▄  ▀██▀  ▄▄▄▄  ▀██▀
▐▌  ▐████▌  ▐▌  ▐████▌  ▐▌  ▐████▌  ▐▌
▄██▄  ▀██▀  ▄██▄  ▀██▀  ▄██▄  ▀██▀  ▄██▄
▐████▌  ▐▌  ▐████▌  ▐▌  ▐████▌  ▐▌  ▐████▌
▀▀▀▀  ▄██▄  ▀▀▀▀  ▄██▄  ▀▀▀▀  ▄██▄  ▀▀▀▀
▐████▌      ▐████▌      ▐████▌
▀▀▀▀  ████  ▀▀▀▀  ████  ▀▀▀▀
▐████▌      ▐████▌
▀▀▀▀        ▀▀▀▀
ivy|FACILITATING SECURE, TRANSPARENT
BUSINESS PAYMENTS ON A GLOBAL SCALE

─────────  ❱❱  WHITEPAPER  ❰❰  ─────────
|
▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬
▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬
|[.
JOIN US NOW!
]|
kelseydustin

Activity: 448
Merit: 251

View Profile
October 11, 2017, 10:07:57 AM

Your point is 100 percent true bro, if someone doesn't have the skill in trading yet you should try at least learn how to do it before doing it. Losses will be there always so its better also to trade a little amount of money first since you are still in the process of learning.
I do not think that learning will make you become a good trader since in trading, there are many aspects and elements that can affect you. Whales, news, government,etc, all of them can make the market crash even when you have learnt a lot of skill in trading. You need to be wised. But not all of people are wise and wisdom can not be learnt at all. It bases on our experience Wink
Barbarian

Activity: 728
Merit: 250

View Profile
October 12, 2017, 03:23:09 AM

So how do you feel now is a good time for trading? Or a good time has already passed. And in general, how to start trading? Where should I start?
The place to start to trade bitcoins is to look at some videos on youtube about trading, then read a few books about the subject, trading bitcoin is no different than trading forex, so read those books and finally, begin to practice in a platform you like, after some time you will be ready to begin to trade.
PETES

Activity: 456

View Profile
October 12, 2017, 05:52:17 AM

You are one damn lucky guy , having 40bitcoins is too much. I am sorry that you lost some of your initial investment though.

I suggest you cashout 70% of your bitcoins then use the remaining 30% to trade.don't give up  this time.

Yes correct.
OP you still have a good profit even you lose some. You know its part of trading and you're not the only one here to lose some money. But in the end of the day, they still go on and make another day of trading more productive.
zypa

Activity: 239

View Profile
October 12, 2017, 06:49:56 AM

I have quit trading also. I mean you are stressed all the time and a wrong entry can block you for weeks if not months. Better to buy and hold for x months. Eventually it will turn our way.
fiomcorka

Activity: 496
Merit: 254

View Profile
October 12, 2017, 07:26:45 AM

not bad, you can spend your money to buy BTC when it will cost 1000-2000$, it will be good deal
There are still so many ways with which you can earn a very good amount of money in the world of bitcoin. It is a very good idea to quit trading and that in that case when you are suffering a loss in trading. You can sit back calmly and can hold you bitcoins for some time. This will help you earning a very good amount of profit by next 3-5 years.

Ifecostar

Activity: 93
Merit: 10

Crypto lover, Crypto trader, Pharmacist (9.5/10)

View Profile WWW
October 12, 2017, 07:33:58 AM

I have quit trading also. I mean you are stressed all the time and a wrong entry can block you for weeks if not months. Better to buy and hold for x months. Eventually it will turn our way.

It's good to buy a good coin and hold for a long time, that's exactly why I participated in Cryptogene's ICO.
But the above does not replace trading.  Trading is the best, but the worse if you follow trends and fail to carry out a critical research before entering a position.

Pages: « 1 ... 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 56 57 58 59 60 61 62 63 64 65 66 67 68 69 70 71 72 73 74 75 76 77 78 79 80 81 82 83 84 85 86 87 88 89 90 91 92 93 94 95 96 97 [98] 99 100 101 102 103 104 105 106 107 108 109 110 111 112 113 114 115 116 117 118 119 120 121 122 123 124 125 126 127 128 129 130 131 132 »
  Print  

Jump to: