Bitcoin Forum
May 27, 2024, 11:56:12 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Warning: One or more bitcointalk.org users have reported that they strongly believe that the creator of this topic is a scammer. (Login to see the detailed trust ratings.) While the bitcointalk.org administration does not verify such claims, you should proceed with extreme caution.
Pages: « 1 ... 98 99 100 101 102 103 104 105 106 107 108 109 110 111 112 113 114 115 116 117 118 119 120 121 122 123 124 125 126 127 128 129 130 131 132 133 134 135 136 137 138 139 140 141 142 143 144 145 146 147 [148] 149 150 151 152 153 154 155 156 157 158 159 160 161 162 163 164 165 166 167 168 169 170 171 172 173 174 175 176 177 178 179 180 181 182 183 184 185 186 187 188 189 190 191 192 »
  Print  
Author Topic: Can gambling be profitable in long term ?  (Read 112188 times)
BitcoinSupremo
Copper Member

Activity: 1442
Merit: 529

View Profile
June 26, 2017, 11:07:29 AM

For me it has been so far. You can check my prediction thread in this board to make profit from the free tips I post there occasionally. It has been profitable so far because of a rigid discipline I have been very strict to follow it. I am talking about sport betting only and not game of chances like slots etc. I always have checked every possible news, injury, missing players, standings, if it were worth for a specific team to have the win or if they were playing just for statistics , followed many many betting prediction sites and only after this massive review I choose on which event to bet on. So far it is looking good, but most of the time gambling cannot be profitable in the longer term.
8Habits

Activity: 756
Merit: 294

View Profile
June 26, 2017, 11:16:44 AM

For me it has been so far. You can check my prediction thread in this board to make profit from the free tips I post there occasionally. It has been profitable so far because of a rigid discipline I have been very strict to follow it. I am talking about sport betting only and not game of chances like slots etc. I always have checked every possible news, injury, missing players, standings, if it were worth for a specific team to have the win or if they were playing just for statistics , followed many many betting prediction sites and only after this massive review I choose on which event to bet on. So far it is looking good, but most of the time gambling cannot be profitable in the longer term.

You are very just in explaining it, my friend. There are other people that feel so certain and are confident enough to say that they have so strategies and they are earning well with gambling but this just really motivate other people to gamble and end up losing. With your testimonial with a sort of disclaimer, that is fair enough.
crwth
Copper Member
Legendary

Activity: 2772
Merit: 1256

Try Gunbot for a month go to -> https://gunbot.ph

View Profile WWW
June 26, 2017, 11:32:00 AM

You are very just in explaining it, my friend. There are other people that feel so certain and are confident enough to say that they have so strategies and they are earning well with gambling but this just really motivate other people to gamble and end up losing. With your testimonial with a sort of disclaimer, that is fair enough.
It would be profitable if someone is really disciplined themselves. It's just that you could do that by being responsible with your bets. It would be a lot of help if you follow someone that you think would win every time in their bets. Possibly, they could also use YOLO bets with that. It's fun to follow someone's bet but it would be best to understand it yourself.

███████████████████████████
███████▄████████████▄██████
████████▄████████▄████████
███▀█████▀▄███▄▀█████▀███
█████▀█▀▄██▀▀▀██▄▀█▀█████
███████▄███████████▄███████
███████▀███████████▀███████
████▄██▄▀██▄▄▄██▀▄██▄████
████▄████▄▀███▀▄████▄████
██▄███▀▀█▀██████▀█▀███▄███
██▀█▀████████████████▀█▀███
.Duelbits.
..........UNLEASH..........
THE ULTIMATE
GAMING EXPERIENCE
DUELBITS
FANTASY
SPORTS
████▄▄█████▄▄
░▄████
███████████▄
▐███
███████████████▄
███
████████████████
███
████████████████▌
███
██████████████████
████████████████▀▀▀
███████████████▌
███████████████▌
████████████████
████████████████
████████████████
████▀▀███████▀▀
▬▬
VS
▬▬
████▄▄▄█████▄▄▄
░▄████████████████▄
▐██████████████████▄
████████████████████
████████████████████▌
█████████████████████
███████████████████
███████████████▌
███████████████▌
████████████████
████████████████
████████████████
████▀▀███████▀▀
/// PLAY FOR  FREE  ///
WIN FOR REAL
..PLAY NOW..
Caladonian

Activity: 1302
Merit: 540

View Profile
June 26, 2017, 12:09:25 PM

yeah right personal experience speak well as we continue our journey and aiming or looking for our own chances inside gambling activity we tend to find our own likeness and interest just like you mate i also did it with sports gambling got my own way and some followed tipsters i also got some luck winning little by little and the good catch i also learned much by doing some research.
erwin45hacked
Legendary

Activity: 1064
Merit: 1000

View Profile
June 26, 2017, 12:25:19 PM

At first, making money from gambling seems like a dream. But like in every other business, routine will take the pleasure away. You may not be disciplined enough to follow your own rules! Wouldn’t it be pity to lose money, after all that research and study? Yet, even reputable and notable sharp bettors may lose their discipline after a long losing streak.Let’s not hurry things up though. Most probably, you’re having a difficult time to break even to say the least. Winning in the long run seems too far away at the moment.

Even if you are following whatever rules you setting by your own, if you are not supposed to win then you wont win. It is as simple as that because it is luck based game. You win according to your luck and nothing could change the fact that nothing going to prevent you to win when you are supposed to win
crazycatwoman03

Activity: 588
Merit: 250

View Profile
June 29, 2017, 01:48:24 AM

At first, making money from gambling seems like a dream. But like in every other business, routine will take the pleasure away. You may not be disciplined enough to follow your own rules! Wouldn’t it be pity to lose money, after all that research and study? Yet, even reputable and notable sharp bettors may lose their discipline after a long losing streak.Let’s not hurry things up though. Most probably, you’re having a difficult time to break even to say the least. Winning in the long run seems too far away at the moment.

Even if you are following whatever rules you setting by your own, if you are not supposed to win then you wont win. It is as simple as that because it is luck based game. You win according to your luck and nothing could change the fact that nothing going to prevent you to win when you are supposed to win

He is right, winning in playing gambling has no assurance that is why it is not good to think that you can earn profit from it. Even playing for a long time does not guarantee that you will gain something it. You may try guessing how many time you could win but then again comparing it to the number of losses, there is high possibility that number or loss is more than the number of winnings meaning profit is really impossible to get in gambling.

It would be much better if you would look for a real job to earn a real profit ( cash ). You can also try earning bitcoin by joining signature campaigns and altcoins or do investing and trading where gaining profit has more chance. Besides, isn’t it much better to work hard to earn money or bitcoin than just to depend on a gambling games?

INVALID BBCODE: close of unopened tag in table (1)
romero121
Legendary

Activity: 3192
Merit: 1213

Enterapp Pre-Sale Live

View Profile
June 29, 2017, 03:01:42 AM

He is right, winning in playing gambling has no assurance that is why it is not good to think that you can earn profit from it. Even playing for a long time does not guarantee that you will gain something it. You may try guessing how many time you could win but then again comparing it to the number of losses, there is high possibility that number or loss is more than the number of winnings meaning profit is really impossible to get in gambling.

It would be much better if you would look for a real job to earn a real profit ( cash ). You can also try earning bitcoin by joining signature campaigns and altcoins or do investing and trading where gaining profit has more chance. Besides, isn’t it much better to work hard to earn money or bitcoin than just to depend on a gambling games?

That's right, it's good to deny on a day job rather than depending on gambling wins for a living or else to fulfill your dreams. This is possible when you're lucky. So earn through different other sources available, and have a primary day job for living. Learn about the tactics that could increase the winning probabilities and play, because now what you spend don't affect your living which is much more important.

█████████████████████
█████████████████████████
█████████▀▀▀▀▀▀▀█████████
██████▀███████████▀██████
█████▀███▄▄▄▄▄▄▄███▀█████
████████▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀████████
█████▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄█████
██████▄███████████▄██████
█████████▄▄▄▄▄▄▄█████████
█████████████████████

CRYPTO WEBNEOBANK    
▄▄███████▄▄
▄███████████████▄
▄██████░░░░░░░░░░███▄
▄████▄▄███████▄▄░░░██▄
▄█████████████████░░░██▄
████░░▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄░░░░░░░░██
████░░██████████░░░░░░░██
████░░▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀░░░░░░░░██
▀█████████████████░░░██▀
▀████▀▀███████▀▀░░░██▀
▀██████░░░░░░░░░░███▀
▀███████████████▀
▀▀███████▀▀
bitcoinmasterlord
Legendary

Activity: 1148
Merit: 1006

View Profile
June 29, 2017, 07:15:21 AM

That's right, it's good to deny on a day job rather than depending on gambling wins for a living or else to fulfill your dreams. This is possible when you're lucky. So earn through different other sources available, and have a primary day job for living. Learn about the tactics that could increase the winning probabilities and play, because now what you spend don't affect your living which is much more important.
Make earning bitcoin is your extra income don't make this your primary income. Now the price is high, so you can make money and lead your life, but no one can predict the future of Bitcoin that is why do any other job for your primary income. To earn bitcoins, you can use trading or investing method don't use gambling it is wothless.
BlockEye
Legendary

Activity: 1148
Merit: 1097

Bounty Mngr & Article Writer https://goo.gl/p4Agsh

View Profile
June 29, 2017, 07:48:45 AM

Make earning bitcoin is your extra income don't make this your primary income. Now the price is high, so you can make money and lead your life, but no one can predict the future of Bitcoin that is why do any other job for your primary income. To earn bitcoins, you can use trading or investing method don't use gambling it is wothless.

That's wht theres always a need to save forst before spending so whatever may happen we stil have left something for us, we doesn't guarantee anything form gambling we can win but most of the we will get to experience losing so we need to be responsible enough.
Caladonian

Activity: 1302
Merit: 540

View Profile
June 29, 2017, 07:55:36 AM

we are talking about chances between long term and short term gamble better to assess if how much bankroll you have like what previous quotes before us he mention that discipline will allow gamblers to win some even they played in the long run as long as they will stay with their form strategy they can survive and earn but its also true that luck will be the big influence in terms of winning good numbers.
8Habits

Activity: 756
Merit: 294

View Profile
June 29, 2017, 08:40:52 AM

we are talking about chances between long term and short term gamble better to assess if how much bankroll you have like what previous quotes before us he mention that discipline will allow gamblers to win some even they played in the long run as long as they will stay with their form strategy they can survive and earn but its also true that luck will be the big influence in terms of winning good numbers.

Professional gamblers have a set of pre-bet strategy before even going to play on a session. They will follow that strictly without emotion and no matter what the outcome will be. They will not be distructed by successive winning streak or losing streak - they just bet according to their plan. This way, it will be less stressful.
TheUltraElite
Legendary

Activity: 2884
Merit: 1232

Call your grandparents and tell them you love them

View Profile WWW
June 29, 2017, 09:16:06 AM

That's wht theres always a need to save forst before spending so whatever may happen we stil have left something for us, we doesn't guarantee anything form gambling we can win but most of the we will get to experience losing so we need to be responsible enough.

If you think you will save your money before you gamble, it may not fully work out. Addicted gamblers are found to steal from their near and dear ones and also draw all their savings just to fulfill their gambling wishes. Then again if one is no-addicted casual gambler then it may not be so. Losing money in gambling is obvious since the casino owners are making a business run through it and there is no guarantee of profit.

R

▀▀▀▀▀▀▀██████▄▄
████████████████
▀▀▀▀█████▀▀▀█████
████████▌███▐████
▄▄▄▄█████▄▄▄█████
████████████████
▄▄▄▄▄▄▄██████▀▀
LLBIT
  CRYPTO   
FUTURES
 1,000x 
LEVERAGE
COMPETITIVE
    FEES    
 INSTANT 
EXECUTION
   TRADE NOW   
Hhampuz
Legendary

Activity: 2870
Merit: 5956

Meh.

View Profile
June 29, 2017, 09:21:46 AM

If you think you will save your money before you gamble, it may not fully work out. Addicted gamblers are found to steal from their near and dear ones and also draw all their savings just to fulfill their gambling wishes. Then again if one is no-addicted casual gambler then it may not be so. Losing money in gambling is obvious since the casino owners are making a business run through it and there is no guarantee of profit.

Where do you pull those statements from? "Addicted gamblers are found to steal from their near and dear ones"?

I've been somewhat addicted to gambling for a while but I've NEVER stolen any funds from any near or dear ones. I've worked for what I've been able to gather up and I've used that and only that. Sometimes I used and lost all of it and had to be broke for the rest of the month but it was a calculated risk.

And it's not obvious that you'll lose money gambling. I believe you are mainly talking about being addicted to slots or whatever. If you do sportsbetting, Poker or anything else that needs some sort of skill and knowledge it is not obvious that you'll lose money.

jamyr

Activity: 1750
Merit: 373

<------

View Profile
June 29, 2017, 10:23:45 AM

@Hhampuz

Been there too bud. Ended being broke for 2 weeks but never did it came to my mind to steal. That would be different from gambling addiction.

@OP

Depends on which type of gambling. If you stay in only a game where you lose more than you win(Dice for example) then you may not profit in a long run. But if you play poker, long term profit is almost everyone's goal.

New Bitcointalk Talkshow Video(Aug 2023). Bitcointalk discussion
My bitsler ref link bitsler.com
images

Activity: 340
Merit: 250

View Profile
June 29, 2017, 10:41:16 AM

it will profitable if we always have good luck
but for long run i don't think it will profitable
we play short time everyday leave when profit come back some days again
Hhampuz
Legendary

Meh.

View Profile
June 29, 2017, 10:42:38 AM

@Hhampuz

Been there too bud. Ended being broke for 2 weeks but never did it came to my mind to steal. That would be different from gambling addiction.

@OP

Depends on which type of gambling. If you stay in only a game where you lose more than you win(Dice for example) then you may not profit in a long run. But if you play poker, long term profit is almost everyone's goal.

Exactly. I doubt there are many gamblers that would actually resort to stealing just to fund their gambling. Those who would steal were probably capable of stealing without having gambling in the picture. That's what I'll believe at least as I've never even had a single thought about actually stealing to fund my issues..

amacl1n

Activity: 48
Merit: 0

View Profile
June 29, 2017, 10:52:53 AM

Frankly I think the answer is No, On short term, You might get lucky once or twice and end up with profit but on regular and long term gambling the house edge and the casino spread is against the player (on %50 winning chance, you lose %1 for house edge), Hence I think gambling is a negative sum game on long term.
Hhampuz
Legendary

Meh.

View Profile
June 29, 2017, 10:55:35 AM

Frankly I think the answer is No, On short term, You might get lucky once or twice and end up with profit but on regular and long term gambling the house edge and the casino spread is against the player (on %50 winning chance, you lose %1 for house edge), Hence I think gambling is a negative sum game on long term.

Depends on how long your long term is. You could go through life gambling every day and gain profits every day since there's variety and RNG you are never singled out as a winner or loser, just a player.

You could also go through life gambling every day and losing every day. People stating things like "I'm due a win now, I've lost so much and it should not be like this" are pretty stupid and should not gamble.

erwin45hacked
Legendary

Activity: 1064
Merit: 1000

View Profile
June 29, 2017, 11:21:05 AM

And it's not obvious that you'll lose money gambling. I believe you are mainly talking about being addicted to slots or whatever. If you do sportsbetting, Poker or anything else that needs some sort of skill and knowledge it is not obvious that you'll lose money.

That still wont change anything, in the end you are going to relly on your luck. If you are not meant to win then despite having all the experience or whatsoever, you wont win the game. It is as simple as that and yet people cant swallow it, they thought that when they have these experiences they are going to turn the table
Hhampuz
Legendary

Meh.

View Profile
June 29, 2017, 11:24:35 AM

That still wont change anything, in the end you are going to relly on your luck. If you are not meant to win then despite having all the experience or whatsoever, you wont win the game. It is as simple as that and yet people cant swallow it, they thought that when they have these experiences they are going to turn the table

I'm not sure I understand what you are talking about, I'm not sure you understand what you are talking about either.

So basically every human that has ever participated in sports and been a professional has relied on luck? Regardless of how good they are or how much experience they have? That makes absolutely no sense and I'd suggest you to read what I wrote again and really think about it this time.

Pages: « 1 ... 98 99 100 101 102 103 104 105 106 107 108 109 110 111 112 113 114 115 116 117 118 119 120 121 122 123 124 125 126 127 128 129 130 131 132 133 134 135 136 137 138 139 140 141 142 143 144 145 146 147 [148] 149 150 151 152 153 154 155 156 157 158 159 160 161 162 163 164 165 166 167 168 169 170 171 172 173 174 175 176 177 178 179 180 181 182 183 184 185 186 187 188 189 190 191 192 »
  Print  

Jump to: