Bitcoin Forum
May 21, 2024, 03:33:01 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 [14] 15 16 17 »  All
  Print  
Author Topic: Where do you store your bitcoins ?  (Read 13040 times)
blackmachinegun

Activity: 532
Merit: 500

View Profile
November 26, 2015, 06:12:20 PM

i store my bitcoin on exchange  Cheesy
in temporary time i store it on axchange,but my primary i store on coinbase,i never disapointed with coinbase,it always fast and secure,coinbase also very low fee.
teddy5145

Activity: 714
Merit: 528

View Profile
November 26, 2015, 06:18:36 PM

in temporary time i store it on axchange,but my primary i store on coinbase,i never disapointed with coinbase,it always fast and secure,coinbase also very low fee.
Well many people choose Coinbase because they actually paid for your TX fee Roll Eyes
and yes, they are pretty secure because all of your bitcoins are insured by them
Still, their verification process is a little bit a hassle for me so i just left Coinbase Tongue
Wonder how much i left at my old coinbase account Roll Eyes
crairezx20
Legendary

Activity: 1638
Merit: 1046

View Profile
November 26, 2015, 07:03:27 PM

Well many people choose Coinbase because they actually paid for your TX fee Roll Eyes
and yes, they are pretty secure because all of your bitcoins are insured by them
Still, their verification process is a little bit a hassle for me so i just left Coinbase Tongue
Wonder how much i left at my old coinbase account Roll Eyes
Yeah that the one and the best online wallet that i used until now.. Then i also use the vault as piggy bank every i receive payout 5% of my earnings should be in the vault for the future with 2 sms authentication and 2 email authentication... its very secured for me...
edonkey
Legendary

Activity: 1150
Merit: 1004

View Profile
November 27, 2015, 12:32:15 AM

Im considering getting a Trezor at this point. I was worried that if the service they have which is some sort of login page went down, you would have your coins useless, but you can still access it.

You can use Electrum with a Trezor. You don't have to rely on the Trezor site.

Was I helpful?   BTC: 3G1Ubof5u8K9iJkM8We2f3amYZgGVdvpHr
ashly

Activity: 56
Merit: 0

View Profile
November 27, 2015, 01:12:13 AM

For spending bitcoin, i spend it on the cold storage very trusted hehe Smiley
MinerHQ
Legendary

Activity: 1456
Merit: 1023

View Profile
November 27, 2015, 01:39:15 AM

I have a few online wallets and one desktop wallet. Mostly I won't store all my coins in a single online wallet because of safety so I distribute my coins in few different wallets and for everyday use I use XAPO wallet because transactions are quite fast and no transaction fee. For long term storage will be on desk top wallet.
ShrykeZ

Activity: 630

View Profile
November 27, 2015, 02:28:24 AM

I have 2 hot wallets that I use on a regular basis and quite a few offline that haven't been touched for the longest part of 2 years.
lolgato

Activity: 126
Merit: 100

View Profile
November 27, 2015, 02:36:16 AM

I use a USB to store my bitcoins
dothebeats
Legendary

Activity: 3654
Merit: 1353

View Profile
November 27, 2015, 02:58:34 AM

Why, in the block chain of course. But I keep it in a paper wallet laminated and hidden in a safe place--mostly out of reach of other people.
1990BEARS

Activity: 140

View Profile
November 27, 2015, 03:08:11 AM

on paper in safe place:)
the only place to keep coins safe. i agree.
Duomo

Activity: 588

View Profile
November 27, 2015, 04:27:32 AM

Looking to get a Trezor or Keepkey in regard to using an online wallet for security purposes. I am looking to pick up one these sometime within the next month or two. The safest probably would be a paper wallet far from the reach of anyone beside yourself. I have a few coins stored this way.  
quad588

Activity: 126

View Profile
November 27, 2015, 08:17:15 AM

Looking to get a Trezor or Keepkey in regard to using an online wallet for security purposes. I am looking to pick up one these sometime within the next month or two. The safest probably would be a paper wallet far from the reach of anyone beside yourself. I have a few coins stored this way.  
Trezors are great, I have one and I love using it, simple and I always know coins are safe.
Mickeyb

Activity: 798
Merit: 1000

Move On !!!!!!

View Profile
November 27, 2015, 10:30:26 AM

Trezors are on sale today! It's Black Friday and they are giving great deals. Check out their website!
dre1982

Activity: 770
Merit: 284

★Bitvest.io★ Play Plinko or Invest!

View Profile
November 27, 2015, 10:34:51 AM

Trezors are on sale today! It's Black Friday and they are giving great deals. Check out their website!

Thanks for mentioning. I like that black friday thing. Just need a safe way to store some BTC for later.

BIG WINNER!
[15.00000000 BTC]

▄████████████████████▄
██████████████████████
██████████▀▀██████████
█████████░░░░█████████
██████████▄▄██████████
███████▀▀████▀▀███████
██████░░░░██░░░░██████
███████▄▄████▄▄███████
████▀▀████▀▀████▀▀████
███░░░░██░░░░██░░░░███
████▄▄████▄▄████▄▄████
██████████████████████
▀████████████████████▀
▄████████████████████▄
██████████████████████
█████▀▀█▀▀▀▀▀▀██▀▀████
█████░░░░░░░░░░░░░▄███
█████░░░░░░░░░░░░▄████
█████░░▄███▄░░░░██████
█████▄▄███▀░░░░▄██████
█████████░░░░░░███████
████████░░░░░░░███████
███████░░░░░░░░███████
███████▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄███████
██████████████████████
▀████████████████████▀
▄████████████████████▄
███████████████▀▀▀▀▀▀▀
███████████▀▀▄▄█░░░░░█
█████████▀░░█████░░░░█
███████▀░░░░░████▀░░░▀
██████░░░░░░░░▀▄▄█████
█████░▄░░░░░▄██████▀▀█
████░████▄░███████░░░░
███░█████░█████████░░█
███░░░▀█░██████████░░█
███░░░░░░████▀▀██▀░░░░
███░░░░░░███░░░░░░░░░░
▀██░▄▄▄▄░████▄▄██▄░░░░
▄████████████▀▀▀▀▀▀▀██▄
█████████████░█▀▀▀█░███
██████████▀▀░█▀░░░▀█░▀▀
███████▀░▄▄█░█░░░░░█░█▄
████▀░▄▄████░▀█░░░█▀░██
███░▄████▀▀░▄░▀█░█▀░▄░▀
█▀░███▀▀▀░░███░▀█▀░███░
▀░███▀░░░░░████▄░▄████░
░███▀░░░░░░░█████████░░
░███░░░░░░░░░███████░░░
███▀░██░░░░░░▀░▄▄▄░▀░░░
███░██████▄▄░▄█████▄░▄▄
▀██░████████░███████░█▀
▄████████████████████▄
████████▀▀░░░▀▀███████
███▀▀░░░░░▄▄▄░░░░▀▀▀██
██░▀▀▄▄░░░▀▀▀░░░▄▄▀▀██
██░▄▄░░▀▀▄▄░▄▄▀▀░░░░██
██░▀▀░░░░░░█░░░░░██░██
██░░░▄▄░░░░█░██░░░░░██
██░░░▀▀░░░░█░░░░░░░░██
██░░░░░▄▄░░█░░░░░██░██
██▄░░░░▀▀░░█░██░░░░░██
█████▄▄░░░░█░░░░▄▄████
█████████▄▄█▄▄████████
▀████████████████████▀

Rainbot
Daily Quests
Faucet
yurinov

Activity: 98
Merit: 10

View Profile
November 27, 2015, 11:14:28 AM

i store large amount in paper wallet and small amount in online wallet for convenience
n2004al
Legendary

Activity: 1134
Merit: 1000

View Profile
November 27, 2015, 01:22:08 PM

Any suggestions on where a person who has already purchased bitcoins through Coinbase / circle should store them? I'm open to any suggestions from members. Thanks

Don't move and stay there where you are. Coinbase has its beginning as a wallet. Is a web wallet and that mean bitcoin when you want those and independently  where you are. It was enough to have a smartphone or computer and internet. Then Coinbase paid your fee of the send of bitcoins. Your bitcoins there are super safe. Coinbase distribute 98% of all bitcoins deposited on it offline and geographically in safe deposit boxes and vaults around the world. And the last but not the less important Coinbase is insured against employee theft and hacking in an amount that exceeds the average value of online bitcoin it holds at any given time. Specifically, Coinbase's insurance policy would respond in the event that bitcoin stored in Coinbase was lost or stolen as a result of a breach of our physical security, cyber security, or as a result of employee theft.

Who want more and what can be made more....  Wink
frendsento

Activity: 434
Merit: 250

View Profile
November 27, 2015, 01:31:37 PM

Depending how much coins I have i preferred paper wallet when storing large sum of bitcoins  for security purposes and a web wallet when i need to withdraw my coins for cash Smiley
Wapinter
Legendary

Activity: 2646
Merit: 1026

Hire me for Bounty Management

View Profile
November 27, 2015, 01:38:45 PM

Any suggestions on where a person who has already purchased bitcoins through Coinbase / circle should store them? I'm open to any suggestions from members. Thanks

Depends on how much you have.If you have less then 1 btc,keep it on your mobile wallet,desktop or even online would be easy.For larger amounts,cold storage is the best available option to date

quentincole32

Activity: 518

View Profile
November 27, 2015, 01:39:03 PM

for now i still trust online wallet,because i dont put any bg amount of bitcoin,ussualy i withdraw or trade it to local currency,and not keep big amount of bitcoin on my wallet. but i think i will use papper wllet or mybe trezor when i must keep a big amount of bitcoin.

▃▃▌▌AMBROSUS▐▐▃▃▃ - TRUSTED QUALITY OF FOOD & MEDICINE
ICO date 13 September
margarete11

Activity: 350
Merit: 250

View Profile
November 27, 2015, 03:00:00 PM

I store my bitcoins on online wallet
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 [14] 15 16 17 »  All
  Print  

Jump to: