Bitcoin Forum
May 21, 2024, 12:02:55 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 [15] 16 17 »  All
  Print  
Author Topic: Where do you store your bitcoins ?  (Read 13040 times)
enthus

Activity: 140
Merit: 100

View Profile
November 27, 2015, 03:01:45 PM

i store in blockchain.info, but very secured. since there is security issue in non secure account.
ivan19

Activity: 56
Merit: 0

View Profile
November 28, 2015, 03:45:12 AM

I store mine on coinbase since I don't want the wallets to process alot of my storage data
RhodaGila

Activity: 615
Merit: 500

View Profile
November 29, 2015, 04:57:24 PM

If you want to save bitcoin safe, keep it in a cold wallet, there are many options, such as bitcoin core, electrum, multibit etc and save it only on your computer and then perform the backup.

You can use hot wallet if you want to use for the daily transactions that are not too big like blockchain, coinbase etc. Or store it in the exchanger, if you want to make trade.
sukamasoto
Legendary

Activity: 1148
Merit: 1006

Black Panther

View Profile
November 29, 2015, 05:01:48 PM

I store my bitcoins on online wallet

For who keeping quite huge amount of bitcoin, better to prepare yourself to keep it into offline wallet.
As we know if online doesn't mean will last forever. There will be one day whenever something bad happen so we can backup and save our bitcoin

▄._      
                                       ▀█████████▀ 
                                     ,▄▓████████   
                                ╓▄▓███████████▀   
                           ╓▄▓███████▀╙.  ▀█     
                      ▄▄▓███████▀╙▄▄▄▄███         
                 ▄▄▓███████▀╙▄,  ▓███████        
           .▄▄▓██████▀▀╙▄▄▓████▌ ████████         
      .▄▄███████▀▀╙▄▄  ▐███████▌ ████████         
 .▄▄███████▀▀ ▐▄▄▓████ ▐███████▌ ████████         
╙█████▀▀▐▄▄▓  ████████ ▐███████▌ ████████        
 ╙▀ ▄▄▓█████  ████████ ▐███████▌ ████████         
    ████████  ████████ ▐███████▌ ████████         
    ████████  ████████ ▐███████▌ ████████             
RKen

Activity: 201

View Profile
November 29, 2015, 05:06:25 PM

I store my bitcoins on online wallet

For who keeping quite huge amount of bitcoin, better to prepare yourself to keep it into offline wallet.
As we know if online doesn't mean will last forever. There will be one day whenever something bad happen so we can backup and save our bitcoin

Yes I agree, use online wallet only to the value that is not too large or in the exchanger if you want to trade
caliboy37

Activity: 88
Merit: 10

View Profile
November 29, 2015, 11:31:49 PM

It's better to store BTC on coinbase , it's fast and secured. Blockchain is down sometimes.
fr4nkthetank
Legendary

Activity: 2294
Merit: 1182

Now the money is free, and so the people will be

View Profile
November 29, 2015, 11:35:20 PM

I have a little on exchange, but only keep what you trade
You should store off-line in a perfect world
Laila10

Activity: 140

View Profile
November 29, 2015, 11:59:13 PM

I stored my bitcoin on Xapo wallet, they have cold storage that you can used for keeping your bitcoin man..
Duomo

Activity: 588

View Profile
November 30, 2015, 04:55:13 AM

I have some coins on coinbase. It is insured and I have a decent amount on there. I'm going to move them to my wallet (Multibit,Electrum) then get either a Trezor + Keepkey.
sirohige

Activity: 784

View Profile
November 30, 2015, 05:04:33 AM

It's better to store BTC on coinbase , it's fast and secured. Blockchain is down sometimes.

coinbase is good place to store your bitcoin, also he give 100% free fee transfer, so you can spend it every day without thnk about "fee"
and coinbase give option 2fa with sms verification, i think it's very safe Wink
TTMNewsMJ

Activity: 126

View Profile
November 30, 2015, 05:32:47 AM

Its is bettet to store on blockchain.info
abokhalel2

Activity: 233
Merit: 10

View Profile
November 30, 2015, 05:40:55 AM

I always use blockchain.info to store my bitcoins. It seems that they offer the safest online place. I don't like to store my bitcoins offline, on a software or something like that.
n691309
Legendary

Activity: 1526
Merit: 1001

View Profile
November 30, 2015, 06:17:21 AM

coinbase is good place to store your bitcoin, also he give 100% free fee transfer, so you can spend it every day without thnk about "fee"

It is safe as much as you stay safe, use difficult password, coinbase it's for a long time in the market and i don;t think will bankrupt so it should considered as a safe web wallet.
sirohige

View Profile
November 30, 2015, 06:21:09 AM

It is safe as much as you stay safe, use difficult password, coinbase it's for a long time in the market and i don;t think will bankrupt so it should considered as a safe web wallet.
and better to use coinbase vault Smiley
https://www.coinbase.com/vault
~TIME DELAYED WITHDRAWALS

Withdrawals from your vault have a 48 hour window during which they can be canceled.

~MULTIPLE APPROVERS

Joint accounts can be used for extra security, requiring multiple approvers to initiate a withdrawal.

~OFFLINE STORAGE

98% of bitcoin is stored totally offline, in geographically distributed safe deposit boxes and physical vaults.
n691309
Legendary

View Profile
November 30, 2015, 06:29:08 AM

Withdrawals from your vault have a 48 hour window during which they can be canceled.

~MULTIPLE APPROVERS

Joint accounts can be used for extra security, requiring multiple approvers to initiate a withdrawal.

~OFFLINE STORAGE

98% of bitcoin is stored totally offline, in geographically distributed safe deposit boxes and physical vaults.

I have seen that option but never tried to use it, what do you meant time delayed withdrawals, i can make a withdraw and after 48 to get confirmed?
btckold24

Activity: 434
Merit: 250

★Bitvest.io★ Play Plinko or Invest!

View Profile
November 30, 2015, 06:31:42 AM

You guys that are storing on coinbase arnt worried about them being hacked or going all mt gox? Im just worried to store more than maybe 1-2 btc in an online wallet. I know things are safer now but seems risky still.

YOU CAN ▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀
PLAY or INVEST

▄████████████████████▄
██████████████████████
██████████▀▀██████████
█████████░░░░█████████
██████████▄▄██████████
███████▀▀████▀▀███████
██████░░░░██░░░░██████
███████▄▄████▄▄███████
████▀▀████▀▀████▀▀████
███░░░░██░░░░██░░░░███
████▄▄████▄▄████▄▄████
██████████████████████
▀████████████████████▀
▄████████████████████▄
██████████████████████
█████▀▀█▀▀▀▀▀▀██▀▀████
█████░░░░░░░░░░░░░▄███
█████░░░░░░░░░░░░▄████
█████░░▄███▄░░░░██████
█████▄▄███▀░░░░▄██████
█████████░░░░░░███████
████████░░░░░░░███████
███████░░░░░░░░███████
███████▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄███████
██████████████████████
▀████████████████████▀
▄████████████████████▄
███████████████▀▀▀▀▀▀▀
███████████▀▀▄▄█░░░░░█
█████████▀░░█████░░░░█
███████▀░░░░░████▀░░░▀
██████░░░░░░░░▀▄▄█████
█████░▄░░░░░▄██████▀▀█
████░████▄░███████░░░░
███░█████░█████████░░█
███░░░▀█░██████████░░█
███░░░░░░████▀▀██▀░░░░
███░░░░░░███░░░░░░░░░░
▀██░▄▄▄▄░████▄▄██▄░░░░
▄████████████▀▀▀▀▀▀▀██▄
█████████████░█▀▀▀█░███
██████████▀▀░█▀░░░▀█░▀▀
███████▀░▄▄█░█░░░░░█░█▄
████▀░▄▄████░▀█░░░█▀░██
███░▄████▀▀░▄░▀█░█▀░▄░▀
█▀░███▀▀▀░░███░▀█▀░███░
▀░███▀░░░░░████▄░▄████░
░███▀░░░░░░░█████████░░
░███░░░░░░░░░███████░░░
███▀░██░░░░░░▀░▄▄▄░▀░░░
███░██████▄▄░▄█████▄░▄▄
▀██░████████░███████░█▀

Rainbot
Happy Hour
Faucet
ashly

Activity: 56
Merit: 0

View Profile
November 30, 2015, 06:32:42 AM

In my paybills cause i hav many paying bills haha , and many payment cost haha
sirohige

View Profile
November 30, 2015, 06:42:21 AM

~MULTIPLE APPROVERS

~OFFLINE STORAGE

I have seen that option but never tried to use it, what do you meant time delayed withdrawals, i can make a withdraw and after 48 to get confirmed?

Im use it for savinf account, if you want to withdraw your money you must waiting 48hours to get confirmed,
example if you submit withdraw Today at 06:41:16 AM you will get your money (btc) in 2 december at 06:41:16 AM

Smiley
n691309
Legendary

View Profile
November 30, 2015, 06:56:49 AM

Im use it for savinf account, if you want to withdraw your money you must waiting 48hours to get confirmed,
example if you submit withdraw Today at 06:41:16 AM you will get your money (btc) in 2 december at 06:41:16 AM

Smiley

What if i need to withdraw fast and if i wonder about the bitcoin price drop? how coinbase will solve this? Personally i have started to store there but not in this vault
sirohige

View Profile
November 30, 2015, 07:01:06 AM

Smiley

What if i need to withdraw fast and if i wonder about the bitcoin price drop? how coinbase will solve this? Personally i have started to store there but not in this vault

you must waiting 48hours because it's "rules" of vault, The aim of this process if you coinbase account is stolen and the thief wants to take your bitcoin, you have 48 hours to stop it or cancel it
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 [15] 16 17 »  All
  Print  

Jump to: