Bitcoin Forum
May 01, 2024, 12:42:45 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 [16] 17 »  All
  Print  
Author Topic: Where do you store your bitcoins ?  (Read 13038 times)
n691309
Legendary

Activity: 1526
Merit: 1001

View Profile
November 30, 2015, 07:04:00 AM

Im use it for savinf account, if you want to withdraw your money you must waiting 48hours to get confirmed,
example if you submit withdraw Today at 06:41:16 AM you will get your money (btc) in 2 december at 06:41:16 AM

Smiley

What if i need to withdraw fast and if i wonder about the bitcoin price drop? how coinbase will solve this? Personally i have started to store there but not in this vault

you must waiting 48hours because it's "rules" of vault, The aim of this process if you coinbase account is stolen and the thief wants to take your bitcoin, you have 48 hours to stop it or cancel it

Everything is clear, today i learned something that will be helpful for me for the rest of my life, thank you, seems coinbase has a good power Smiley, but requiring 2FA every time for every transaction that could stop the thief too.

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
The block chain is the main innovation of Bitcoin. It is the first distributed timestamping system.
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
sirohige

Activity: 784
Merit: 500

View Profile
November 30, 2015, 07:13:09 AM

Im use it for savinf account, if you want to withdraw your money you must waiting 48hours to get confirmed,
example if you submit withdraw Today at 06:41:16 AM you will get your money (btc) in 2 december at 06:41:16 AM

Smiley

What if i need to withdraw fast and if i wonder about the bitcoin price drop? how coinbase will solve this? Personally i have started to store there but not in this vault

you must waiting 48hours because it's "rules" of vault, The aim of this process if you coinbase account is stolen and the thief wants to take your bitcoin, you have 48 hours to stop it or cancel it

Everything is clear, today i learned something that will be helpful for me for the rest of my life, thank you, seems coinbase has a good power Smiley, but requiring 2FA every time for every transaction that could stop the thief too.

yes you must use 2fa and im recomended to use sms verification, does it the old way, but in my opinion it is the most potent and safe Smiley
enhu
Legendary

Activity: 2492
Merit: 1018

View Profile
November 30, 2015, 07:24:14 AM

You guys that are storing on coinbase arnt worried about them being hacked or going all mt gox? Im just worried to store more than maybe 1-2 btc in an online wallet. I know things are safer now but seems risky still.

Its btc holders biggest fear.
This is why I'm just keeping mine to a cold storage.  I do however have about $100 or less on a web wallet which I regularly use to buy something online. I'm use to renew my domains in namecheap thru bitpay.

web wallets is easy to access in case i need something to buy quick.

██████████ BitcoinCleanUp.comDebunking Bitcoin's Energy Use ██████████
██████████                Twitter#EndTheFUD                 ██████████
Duomo

Activity: 588

View Profile
November 30, 2015, 07:35:59 AM

I have a few coins on Coinbase and I'd be lying to you if I said that I am not worried about my coins being hacked. A Mt.Gox would be my worst nightmare. I am kind of glad that I got into the bitcoin exchanges after that. The coins on Coinbase are insured if you have two-factor authentication and 98% of them are kept offline. I'm making the switch of moving everything to my Multibit HD wallet and then use my hardware wallet (Trezor) to basically conduct transactions from there. At the end of the day, the only person I trust with my bitcoins are myself.
Luqman

Activity: 826
Merit: 263

View Profile
November 30, 2015, 01:24:46 PM

I think you're need trying multi wallet, is an offline wallet and it's more safer than an online wallet..
TipZ

Activity: 180
Merit: 100

View Profile
November 30, 2015, 01:38:24 PM

Most on a paper wallet (2 copies in different places...), and a few on an online wallet.

Is there a safest way ?
ThunderThomas

Activity: 210
Merit: 100

fastdice.com The Worlds Fastest Bitcoin Dice

View Profile WWW
November 30, 2015, 03:50:28 PM

1 offline wallet would be okay and a couple of online ones, spreading your coins out over different wallets is the safest way.

thejaytiesto
Legendary

Activity: 1358
Merit: 1014

View Profile
November 30, 2015, 04:15:00 PM

Smiley

I "grew up" with Bitcoin Core so im not going to change to anything that doesn't deliver the maximum security that having the entire blockchain gives to you. Even if the blockchain becomes too big, by then the prune mode should be developed enough that we all can run Bitcoin node using smaller cuts of the blockchain thanks to the pruning technique. This even if not perfect compared to full node its way better than just going into a website and storing your stuff over there.
Luqman

Activity: 826
Merit: 263

View Profile
December 01, 2015, 09:52:06 AM

1 offline wallet would be okay and a couple of online ones, spreading your coins out over different wallets is the safest way.
Agreed, I think your advised is very good mate, like someone says "just dont put your eggs in one basket"
ultimatesky

Activity: 714

SkyFall

View Profile
December 01, 2015, 09:58:00 AM

Agreed, I think your advised is very good mate, like someone says "just dont put your eggs in one basket"

This is some good advice. It's better to spread it out instead of risking it and keep it in 1 place.
Nolankane

Activity: 34
Merit: 0

View Profile
December 01, 2015, 10:41:30 AM

Different wallets, spread bitcoin over all of them and not keeping them in one place
yenxz

Activity: 294
Merit: 250

View Profile
December 01, 2015, 12:58:39 PM

Try my plan,use coinbase for anything,or Cold storage for the biggest chunk and a mobile wallet for daily spending.
Hugroll

Activity: 756

View Profile
December 01, 2015, 01:07:42 PM

the biggest part of my bitcoins (around 90%) are in a paper wallet that i keep safe. the rest i use in hot wallets like bither and coinbase. i only keep a small amount on the coinbase wallet, so it isnt really risky for me.
delliaerd

Activity: 672

View Profile
December 23, 2015, 10:30:20 AM

I always use blockchain to keep my bitcoin . There reason of it , because when i has been starting to collect bitcoin my friend recommended blockchain to keep bitcoin. I has been using blockchain until now

..C..
........Finally C is .........
...........            ............
       ............            ............
...................      ....................

Rizky Aditya

Activity: 700

View Profile
December 23, 2015, 10:36:40 AM

I actually store my bitcoins in a bitcoin wallet. I'm not sure about you guys, but that's what I do. To be more specific, I use one electrum wallet and one coinbase wallet.
bitlancr

Activity: 616

View Profile
December 23, 2015, 10:41:51 AM

I always use blockchain to keep my bitcoin . There reason of it , because when i has been starting to collect bitcoin my friend recommended blockchain to keep bitcoin. I has been using blockchain until now

Just used 2 wallet if I was you just do more bitcoins in BlockChain and some in Coinbase or offline wallet.
Why? Because you never know what will happen to your bitcoin if something happens at least you have the other bitcoins you know.
ATguy

Activity: 423

View Profile
December 23, 2015, 10:45:23 AM

I keep only small amounts of Bitcoins in Electrum wallet. I have paper wallets I redeeming when necessary - this protect me when my comp gets compromised to loose only minimum. I considered hardware wallets as well, but considering their high price, I change my mind if I will ever transact serious money.

.Liqui Exchange.Trade and earn 24% / year on BTC, LTC, ETH
....Brand NEW..........................................Payouts every 24h. Learn more at official thread
Rizky Aditya

Activity: 700

View Profile
December 23, 2015, 10:45:48 AM

Just used 2 wallet if I was you just do more bitcoins in BlockChain and some in Coinbase or offline wallet.
Why? Because you never know what will happen to your bitcoin if something happens at least you have the other bitcoins you know.

I recommend using coinbase as your hot wallet, and then electrum as your child wallet. I use them both and I am very happy with them.
Altynbekova

Activity: 476

View Profile
December 23, 2015, 11:02:30 AM

I recommend using coinbase as your hot wallet, and then electrum as your child wallet. I use them both and I am very happy with them.

I see people using Coinbase for me I think it is a good hot wallet, but for some people they say they got hacked and it's bad. So my question why do you use it? Because BlockChain is quite good too. By the way what is a child wallet? I have never heard it before and I am one year with bitcoin.
1Referee
Legendary

Activity: 2170
Merit: 1427

View Profile
December 23, 2015, 11:05:03 AM

Since the very beginning I do use USB sticks to store my wallet.dat files as cold wallets. Right now I have 10 USB sticks with all my backups. For me it's the best storing method.
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 [16] 17 »  All
  Print  

Jump to: