Bitcoin Forum
May 06, 2024, 05:47:40 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 [5]  All
  Print  
Author Topic: [Resolved] MtGox mishandled sensitive AML info.  (Read 14543 times)
FreeMoney
Legendary

Activity: 1246
Merit: 1014

Strength in numbers

View Profile WWW
October 18, 2012, 05:36:58 PM

He's also running a very busy business.  I'm sure he'll post back with any updates.

Yeah, it's hard work doing what the government tells you to and doing it damn badly.

But I get it, they're probably swamped under a mountain of documents that never showed up.

Play Bitcoin Poker at sealswithclubs.eu. We're active and open to everyone.

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
Mushroomized
Legendary

Activity: 1470
Merit: 1002

Hello!

View Profile
October 18, 2012, 05:46:02 PM

That sucks. Go down to Japan and hand deliver the papers, obviously.

hi
DeathAndTaxes (OP)
Donator
Legendary

Activity: 1218
Merit: 1079

Gerald Davis

View Profile
October 18, 2012, 06:27:35 PM

Update:

USPS now shows delivered.  I guess that can be really good or really bad.
SaltySpitoon
Legendary

Activity: 2590
Merit: 2154

Welcome to the SaltySpitoon, how Tough are ya?

View Profile
October 18, 2012, 06:30:54 PM

Update:

If you don't get a confirmation from Gox, saying that they got it, make sure you watch your credit score really closely.
BCB
CTG
VIP
Legendary

Activity: 1078
Merit: 1002

BCJ

View Profile
October 18, 2012, 06:41:31 PM

FYI,

In the US anytime you think you are the victim of fraud or ID theft the credit reporting agencies are required by law to initiate a "fraud alert"

http://www.equifax.com/answers/set-fraud-alerts/en_cp
Yankee (BitInstant)
Legendary

Activity: 1078
Merit: 1000

Charlie 'Van Bitcoin' Shrem

View Profile WWW
October 18, 2012, 07:20:59 PM

Update:

I just spoke to Gonzague at MtGox and he said that they can still get documents at that address. He is not sure why they couldnt deliver it the first time.

Email him: gonzague@tibanne.com

Bitcoin pioneer. An apostle of Satoshi Nakamoto. A crusader for a new, better, tech-driven society. A dreamer.

More about me: http://CharlieShrem.com
ArticMine
Legendary

Activity: 2282
Merit: 1050

Monero Core Team

View Profile
October 18, 2012, 08:41:08 PM

Update:

I just spoke to Gonzague at MtGox and he said that they can still get documents at that address. He is not sure why they couldnt deliver it the first time.

Email him: gonzague@tibanne.co

That would explain why FedEx delivered my documents there on Monday. I am still waiting on a reply to my ticket; however it is early am in Tokyo right now. One thing I must say is that Charlie at BitInstant deserves a great deal of praise for getting involved in this issue. Thanks Charlie for all your efforts.

Concerned that blockchain bloat will lead to centralization? Storing less than 4 GB of data once required the budget of a superpower and a warehouse full of punched cards. https://upload.wikimedia.org/wikipedia/commons/8/87/IBM_card_storage.NARA.jpg https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Punched_card
DeathAndTaxes (OP)
Donator
Legendary

Gerald Davis

View Profile
October 18, 2012, 09:33:46 PM

One thing I must say is that Charlie at BitInstant deserves a great deal of praise for getting involved in this issue. Thanks Charlie for all your efforts.

+1 although I would say Charlie shouldn't have to clean up MtGox's messes.  I feel much better knowing MtGox has the docs although I would feel even better if they updated the ticket indicating that fact.
Syke
Legendary

Activity: 3878
Merit: 1193

View Profile
October 19, 2012, 02:17:59 AM

Quote from: MtGox
Please send the documents again
TICKET MARKED CLOSED/RESOLVED.

Having the wrong address posted was a mistake. Responding to the mistake with "tough luck, send them again" was gross negligence. The correct response would have been "We'll track down those highly sensitive documents and make sure they are safe."

Buy & Hold
FreeMoney
Legendary

Activity: 1246
Merit: 1014

Strength in numbers

View Profile WWW
October 19, 2012, 06:37:43 AM

Update:

Email him: gonzague@tibanne.com

wtf, then why "send them again"??

Play Bitcoin Poker at sealswithclubs.eu. We're active and open to everyone.
Mt.Gox_Support_Natalie

Activity: 59
Merit: 0

View Profile
October 19, 2012, 07:57:53 AM

One thing I must say is that Charlie at BitInstant deserves a great deal of praise for getting involved in this issue. Thanks Charlie for all your efforts.

+1 although I would say Charlie shouldn't have to clean up MtGox's messes.  I feel much better knowing MtGox has the docs although I would feel even better if they updated the ticket indicating that fact.

Hello,

Our apologies for the delay in response.  Although your documents were sent to our old address, it will be forwarded to our new address.  All documents that have been sent to our old address until November will be forwarded to our new address.  Please rest assure that your documents have not been lost.  Once the AML team receives your documents at the new address, they will proceed with the revision and you will be notified of the results. 
repentance

Activity: 868

View Profile
October 19, 2012, 08:02:12 AM

Hello,

Our apologies for the delay in response.  Although your documents were sent to our old address, it will be forwarded to our new address.  All documents that have been sent to our old address until November will be forwarded to our new address.  Please rest assure that your documents have not been lost.  Once the AML team receives your documents at the new address, they will proceed with the revision and you will be notified of the results. 

How is this going to work for documents which have been sent by courier?  Fedex isn't going to deliver to another address simply because you put a sign up saying you've moved. 

All I can say is that this is Bitcoin. I don't believe it until I see six confirmations.
Mt.Gox_Support_Natalie

View Profile
October 19, 2012, 08:23:52 AM

Hello,

How is this going to work for documents which have been sent by courier?  Fedex isn't going to deliver to another address simply because you put a sign up saying you've moved. 

Hello,

Thank you for your question.  After the documents have been received at the Cerulean Tower office, we can pick them up at the Executive Center on the same floor where the documents have been delivered.
Mt.Gox_Support_Natalie

View Profile
October 19, 2012, 08:38:23 AM

Well I would add it has been 12 hours since MtGox was informed of the wrong address on their site and the website STILL HAS THE wrong address.  

I don't know how much louder they can say  .... "FUCK YOU CUSTOMERS. You exist to give us money and we have no responsibility to you."  

I mean Yankee says it isn't gross incompetence well even if that is true (which I adamantly disagree) it certainly is gross negligence when informed on the negligence and you take no action to correct it.  When someone reports the fact that you have blatantly wrong information on your site which is causing people to send sensitive personal information to a wrong address, get off your lazy ass and at least DELETE THE FUCKING PAGE.  Period.

http://i.minus.com/ibtE6BUPpGmP6g.png

On edit:  Cleaned up some blatantly bad spelling and grammar (bad even for me)  Typing while infuriated is harder than it seems.  

Hello,

We have edited the address on the Get Verified page.  Thank you for pointing this out to us and if you would like to know the status of your verification or the receipt of your documents, please give me your ticket number and I will provide an answer in the ticket. 
repentance

Activity: 868

View Profile
October 19, 2012, 09:08:35 AM

Hello,

Thank you for your question.  After the documents have been received at the Cerulean Tower office, we can pick them up at the Executive Center on the same floor where the documents have been delivered.

Ah, so there's still someone who can sign for them on your behalf at the old address?  I hope they let you know immediately when they get a delivery for you, so you can pick stuff up ASAP.

All I can say is that this is Bitcoin. I don't believe it until I see six confirmations.
jborkl

Activity: 246
Merit: 250

Team Heritage Motorsports

View Profile WWW
October 20, 2012, 01:57:14 AM

The old address works, I know for sure.

Don't sweat it. The whole process took about 2 weeks

DeathAndTaxes (OP)
Donator
Legendary

Gerald Davis

View Profile
October 20, 2012, 02:14:34 AM

Update:  MtGox customer support reports documents have been transferred to the new office.
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 [5]  All
  Print  

Jump to: