Bitcoin Forum
May 04, 2024, 02:07:07 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 2 [3] 4 5 6 7 »  All
  Print  
Author Topic: BFL offers 1000 BTC back up on power claims  (Read 10263 times)
DoomDumas
Legendary

Activity: 1002
Merit: 1000

Bitcoin

View Profile
October 20, 2012, 05:07:44 AM

If the Bet occurs between Tom and Josh, may I propose (or second) another user suggestion : http://thewaterproject.org/

Before eating and shelter, water needs are more urgent, 3 days without water = dead !

I'd love to see that bet come true, I dont care about BFL bAsic Avalon asic power usage, any asic miner i'll have, I'll enjoy, sounds and power usage are very secondary to me.

But I think that if someone have 1000 BTC to spare on a bet, this kind of ressources could help a lot of kids/peoples.. Maybe one of the kid that will be saved, will be the next Einstein or Ghandi or ..!

my 2 satoshi !

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
"The nature of Bitcoin is such that once version 0.1 was released, the core design was set in stone for the rest of its lifetime." -- Satoshi
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
PuertoLibre
Legendary

Activity: 1834
Merit: 1003

View Profile
October 20, 2012, 05:17:39 AM

I'd love to see that bet come true, not that I care about BFL or another companie asic power usage, but I think that if someone have 1000 BTC to bet, this kind of ressources could help a lot of kids/peoples.. Maybe one of the kid that will be saved, will be the next Einstein or Ghandi or ..!

my 2 satoshi !
This thread is tantamount to grandstanding on a soap box over an offer that (for absolutely sure) the other party won't ever accept. Even rejected before the thread was created this offer was already rejected.

It is like mounting a false motive through a thread over "a bet" you already know the other person has very clearly stated they have already rejected.

Bringing up the "Charity" issue and having members discuss/debate "to whom" the spoils of this bet should go to.....when the proposed donor knows it will never even become a bet is....

I best say no more. I don't like trash talk.
Carlton Banks
Legendary

Activity: 3430
Merit: 3071

View Profile
October 20, 2012, 09:21:32 AM

I fail to see how either Tom Cablepair or Inaba can really believe that all this school playground behaviour is any good for either of their organizations.

Has anyone noticed how reputable businesses could easily play this ridiculous game of PR one-up-man-ship, and yet by and large don't do it? Because it makes them look bad? Even when they do engage in this sort of thing, they at least have the sense to dress it up in a bogus intellectual property lawsuit.

You two appear like a pair of WWE wrestlers in a pre-match taunting session (to me, anyway)
Though I see your point, it is sad that when people pay sharks so much money, people (like you?) think that suddenly makes something respectable.

I certainly have no respect for such sharks so I cannot see how them doing something can add any respect at all to it ...

You're quite right; these patent trolls fighting each other over IP rights to something that actually belongs to nobody does nothing for their reputations either. I'm talking about the perception of the average person towards these things, not my own.

No idea is original, the laws of nature/logic/physics already permit everything that's possible. Humans never "invented" anything, they simply observe natural phenomena and exploit those phenomena. Humans cannot make the impossible possible simply by conceiving it.

Vires in numeris
psilan

Activity: 364
Merit: 250

View Profile
October 20, 2012, 09:23:59 AM

In fact I would like to nominate my home town, which I had to leave after we had some severe earthquakes that destroyed the city.

http://christchurchappealtrust.org.nz/
This charity was set up by the New Zealand Prime Minister.

Much of the CBD buildings lost there frontages. My home was fine, my parents lost theirs and had to live with me for 3 months. FEEL MY PAIN! Wink

There is a US-NZ tax free way to donate through the US.
http://www.americanfriendsofchristchurch.org/ways-to-give.html

PurposeDonation amount
AFOC: Hardship & Relief
Reference: 010
$100.00 USD

I specified that it was donated on behalf of scary-eyed batman, so if they don't thank you, punch them in the nuts.

Wow mate that is absolutely awesome! Thanks Cheesy.
Hard to say thank you enough.

dip
abracadabra

Activity: 956
Merit: 1001

View Profile
October 20, 2012, 04:30:31 PM

Since Tom is refusing to actually make the bet he himself proposed between us, I am offering up a guarantee of 1000 BTC to charity (I will take suggestions on which charity to donate this to) if BFL does not meet it's power claims within 10% - meaning if BFL's power consumption is more than 66w for a Single SC, we lose the "bet."

Now, I ask if Tom is willing to step up and back the winning side.  He is 100% confident that we will not meet our power claims (which is the genesis of the failed bet), and as such I ask that he pony up 1000 BTC to the same charity if we do make our power claims.  

So there it is:  Tom is confident that we won't make our power claims, I am confident that we will.  I am willing to put up 1000 BTC to show my confidence in BFL products.  Is Tom confident enough to do the same or is he just blowing hot air?

Wait.. wut?

Subject line says: "BFL offers 1000 BTC back up on power claims"
Is BFL backing this bet?
You are posting as Inaba.  I thought the bet was between you and Tom, not between BFL and Tom.
Shouldn't you be posting as BFL_Josh?

Inaba (OP)
Legendary

Activity: 1260

View Profile WWW
October 20, 2012, 04:44:04 PM

Na, I knew Tom would chicken out and run back into his hole, so it was largely irrelevant as far as Tom goes.  I'm offering 1000 BTC on behalf of BFL regardless of what Tom does.  I never expected Tom to honor the intent of his bet anyway (Simply because he had no intention of going through with it from the start), so it was largely altruistic on my part to begin with, but only in so far as I don't think I will have to pay up and I know Tom would... but I'm more than willing to escrow the amount until such time as is required.

If you're searching these lines for a point, you've probably missed it.  There was never anything there in the first place.
crazyates
Legendary

Activity: 952

View Profile
October 20, 2012, 05:18:31 PM

Na, I knew Tom would chicken out and run back into his hole, so it was largely irrelevant as far as Tom goes.  I'm offering 1000 BTC on behalf of BFL regardless of what Tom does.  I never expected Tom to honor the intent of his bet anyway (Simply because he had no intention of going through with it from the start), so it was largely altruistic on my part to begin with, but only in so far as I don't think I will have to pay up and I know Tom would... but I'm more than willing to escrow the amount until such time as is required.
So as it stands now, if you meet your power guidelines (<66W), you do nothing. If you don't meet your power estimates (>66W), you donate 1000BTC to charity. Is that it?

Tips? 1crazy8pMqgwJ7tX7ZPZmyPwFbc6xZKM9
Previous Trade History - Sale Thread
BobbyJo

Activity: 358

View Profile WWW
October 20, 2012, 08:46:01 PM

Why not forget the power issue and bet when BFL will actually ship?  Or is that a step too far?

michaelmclees

Activity: 633
Merit: 500

View Profile
October 20, 2012, 09:35:09 PM

Would you be willing to make a bet with the community that x number of units will be shipped by some particular date and that the units will function at the specified power claims?
HolyScott

Activity: 181
Merit: 100

View Profile
October 21, 2012, 02:37:26 AM

Make a Wish Foundation?
sgravina

Activity: 451

View Profile
October 21, 2012, 04:33:27 AM

Since Tom is refusing to actually make the bet he himself proposed between us, I am offering up a guarantee of 1000 BTC to charity (I will take suggestions on which charity to donate this to) if BFL does not meet it's power claims within 10% - meaning if BFL's power consumption is more than 66w for a Single SC, we lose the "bet."

If the Single SC uses more than 66 Watts or if it uses less than 54 Watts then that will also be 10% off and the Charity wins.

Now can't you change the power consumption by changing the load.  So the Single SC will use no power when it is off.  Probably use less than 54 Watts when hashing at half speed.  So it is easy for the bet to pay off.  Or you need to be more specific about the condition that will trigger a Charity payoff.
thebaron

Activity: 434

View Profile
October 21, 2012, 04:35:27 AM

66 watts DC, or 66 watts AC?
Graet
VIP
Legendary

Activity: 980

View Profile WWW
October 21, 2012, 05:04:07 AM

thank you for the clarification - Subject line says: "BFL offers 1000 BTC back up on power claims" is misleading Sad

| Ozcoin Pooled Mining Pty Ltd https://ozcoin.net Double Geometric Reward System https://lc.ozcoin.net for Litecoin mining DGM| https://crowncloud.net VPS and Dedicated Servers for the BTC community
Unacceptable
Legendary

Activity: 2212

View Profile
October 21, 2012, 05:33:12 AM

I asked that on the BFL forums,it will be from the wall=120 volt  Wink

"If you run into an asshole in the morning, you ran into an asshole. If you run into assholes all day long, you are the asshole."  -Raylan Givens
Got GOXXED ?? https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9KiqRpPiJAU&feature=youtu.be
"An ASIC being late is perfectly normal, predictable, and legal..."Hashfast & BFL slogan Smiley
thebaron

Activity: 434

View Profile
October 21, 2012, 05:40:42 AM

Ooo...now that's a ballzy bet on efficiency.
Kaliecious

Activity: 246
Merit: 100

View Profile
October 21, 2012, 07:25:02 AM

I got a GREAT idea, BFL take 500 BTC, the other company pony up 500 BTC and pool it, I say fuck the power claims I really dont care and never really have bet off or what ever and both companies donate it to a charitable orginization in both names and shake hands and make the best of it and each go thier way and do thier thing and in the end even with all the hupla both companies done something good TOGETHER.

But hey i'm no real voice,

Monkey1

Activity: 868
Merit: 500

View Profile
October 21, 2012, 08:32:38 AM

That depends on where you live.  For me- from the wall = 240 V

▄▄█████▄▄
         ▄▄███████████▄▄
      ▄▄█████████████████▄▄
   ▄▄███████████████████████▄▄
 ▄█████████████████████████████▄
█████████████████████████████████
████████▀▀  ▀██▀       ▀▀████████
███████  ▄████  ███████▄  ███████
███████ █████  ██████████ ███████
███████ ██████████  █████ ███████
███████  ▀███████  ███▀   ███████
████████▄▄        ██   ▄▄████████
 ▀█████████████████████████████▀
   ▀▀███████████████████████▀▀
      ▀▀█████████████████▀▀
         ▀▀███████████▀▀
            ▀▀█████▀▀

.THRIVING CRYPTOCURRENCY..
.MARKET WITH CRYPTOBONDS..

▄▄▄▄  ▄▄▄ ▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄ ▄▄▄  ▄▄▄▄
████
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██

INITIAL COIN OFFERING
SEPTEMBER 30

██
    ██
    ██
    ██
    ██
    ██
    ██
    ██
    ██
    ██
    ██
██████
         ▄▄████████▄▄
     ▄████████████████▄
   ▄███▀▄▄▄▄▄▄▄ ▀███████▄
  █████ ███████ █▄▀███████
 ██████ ███████ ███▄▀██████
▐██████ ███████▄▄▄▄▄▄ █████▌
▐██████ █▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄█ █████▌
▐██████ █▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄█ █████▌
 ██████ █▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄█ █████
  █████ █▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄█ ████
   ▀███▄▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▄██▀
     ▀████████████████▀
        ▀▀████████▀▀

...READ THE....
.WHITEPAPER.

▄▄████████▄▄
     ▄████████████████▄
   ▄████████████████████▄
  ███████████████▀▀  █████
 ████████████▀▀      ██████
▐████████▀▀   ▄▄     ██████▌
▐████▀▀    ▄█▀▀     ███████▌
▐████████ █▀        ███████▌
 ████████ █ ▄███▄   ███████
  ████████████████▄▄██████
   ▀████████████████████▀
     ▀████████████████▀
        ▀▀████████▀▀
TWITTER
FACEBOOK
MEDIUM
REDDIT
GITHUB
SLACK
Unacceptable
Legendary

Activity: 2212

View Profile
October 21, 2012, 09:12:20 AM

I asked that on the BFL forums,it will be from the wall=120 volt  Wink

That depends on where you live.  For me- from the wall = 240 V

OOO,higher voltage=less wattage Shocked  

BFL may get less than 60 watts yet..........over in europe  Cheesy

I know it'll almost be the same in reality.

"If you run into an asshole in the morning, you ran into an asshole. If you run into assholes all day long, you are the asshole."  -Raylan Givens
Got GOXXED ?? https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9KiqRpPiJAU&feature=youtu.be
"An ASIC being late is perfectly normal, predictable, and legal..."Hashfast & BFL slogan Smiley
cedivad
Legendary

Activity: 1176

View Profile
October 21, 2012, 09:28:21 AM

I asked that on the BFL forums,it will be from the wall=120 volt  Wink

That depends on where you live.  For me- from the wall = 240 V

OOO,higher voltage=less wattage Shocked  

BFL may get less than 60 watts yet..........over in europe  Cheesy

I know it'll almost be the same in reality.

W=A*V

In Europe the wattage will be the same.

My anger against what is wrong in the Bitcoin community is productive:
Bitcointa.lk - Replace "Bitcointalk.org" with "Bitcointa.lk" in this url to see how this page looks like on a proper forum (Announcement Thread)
Hashfast.org - Wiki for screwed customers
dirtycat

Activity: 456

View Profile
October 21, 2012, 12:12:32 PM

I have to say, this is terrible.

Not only did Inaba turn a hit at Tom on power figures, now he is turning around and making it seem like it was his bet to Tom. (instead of the otherwa around)...It was the other way around.

To top it off....hes now opened a thread and is now making it seem as if Charities will "win out" of this skirmish of words and bitcoin bets....people are all riled up over which charity is more deserving....

You guys are being played with like toys....

I don't know about you, but I am personally offended at this tactic. I understand Psychological games...but this game is one gone way too far. I'd ask for Mod intervention but I don't know if they would even bother with this mess.

All the more to stay away from BFL. 

+1

+2

poop!
Pages: « 1 2 [3] 4 5 6 7 »  All
  Print  

Jump to: