Bitcoin Forum
May 02, 2024, 01:57:41 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 2 3 [4] 5 6 7 8 »  All
  Print  
Author Topic: NASA has found water on MARS!!  (Read 6892 times)
Spendulus
Legendary

Activity: 2898
Merit: 1386

View Profile
October 02, 2015, 06:12:56 PM

Just remember, we have found water on comets, as well.   Smiley

Yes Yes this is true.   

Also how do we know its really water.

Whos to say its not liquid nitrogen or something similar.  Not says exactly that but there are other liquids that it could possibly be.  Some do mimic water.  Especially if we can not get close enough to really find out.

Dunno just a thought.

Oh and Badeckr, guessing you like this section in the forum.   Always see you in it.

The instruments aren't perfect, but they certainly tell N from C or O.   

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Astronomical_spectroscopy#Complex_molecules

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
It is a common myth that Bitcoin is ruled by a majority of miners. This is not true. Bitcoin miners "vote" on the ordering of transactions, but that's all they do. They can't vote to change the network rules.
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
Lenore

Activity: 168
Merit: 100

★YoBit.Net★ 350+ Coins Exchange & Dice

View Profile
October 02, 2015, 06:14:08 PM

Just remember, we have found water on comets, as well.   Smiley

Yes Yes this is true.   

Also how do we know its really water.

Whos to say its not liquid nitrogen or something similar.  Not says exactly that but there are other liquids that it could possibly be.  Some do mimic water.  Especially if we can not get close enough to really find out.

Dunno just a thought.

Oh and Badeckr, guessing you like this section in the forum.   Always see you in it.

Oh Lenore, who are you? All these new names in the forum, and no way to know if somebody simply started a new handle, or if it really is someone new.

Cheesy

Oh no I am really someone new.   Was a troll without a name for a long time and decided to finally join so I can post and participate.  New to Yobit as well.  Kinda around the same time this account was created.  But been on Polo for a while now.

No way to prove it unless I can post a join date on all my site I am on.   But then again that still doesn't prove anything now does it.

But yes I am a new name and person to this forum besides the trollin.

vero

Activity: 518
Merit: 500

View Profile
October 03, 2015, 02:05:15 AM

well, if there IS water, and there IS life... even in bacteria form... DON'T BRING IT TO EARTH! there's no telling how it will react with our environment.

Gronthaing
Legendary

Activity: 1135
Merit: 1001

View Profile
October 03, 2015, 02:36:56 AM

well, if there IS water, and there IS life... even in bacteria form... DON'T BRING IT TO EARTH! there's no telling how it will react with our environment.

If there was life and they brought it back it would be contained. Probably kept in an environment close to where it came from. So they can study it without risking that life or us. But I don't think they would bring something back and not have an idea of what they are dealing with first.
BADecker
Legendary

Activity: 3780
Merit: 1372

View Profile
October 03, 2015, 02:41:01 AM

If there was life and they brought it back it would be contained. Probably kept in an environment close to where it came from. So they can study it without risking that life or us. But I don't think they would bring something back and not have an idea of what they are dealing with first.

If there is life, it is probably a mutated form of some kind of bacteria/virus we accidentally sent there with one of our landers.

Smiley

BUDESONIDE essentially cures Covid symptoms in one day to one week >>> https://budesonideworks.com/.
Hydroxychloroquine is being used against Covid with great success >>> https://altcensored.com/watch?v=otRN0X6F81c.
Masks are stupid. Watch the first 5 minutes >>> https://www.bitchute.com/video/rlWESmrijl8Q/.
Don't be afraid to donate Bitcoin. Thank you. >>> 1JDJotyxZLFF8akGCxHeqMkD4YrrTmEAwz
Gronthaing
Legendary

Activity: 1135
Merit: 1001

View Profile
October 03, 2015, 04:15:01 AM

If there is life, it is probably a mutated form of some kind of bacteria/virus we accidentally sent there with one of our landers.

Smiley

Could be. There is a limit to how clean the landers can be. They are trying to prevent contamination of areas of the planet that could have evidence of life. But maybe a few bugs already made it there. Or maybe life appeared on Mars first. And came to Earth billions of years ago on the many millions of tons of rocks that came from there. Wouldn't be as interesting as finding something new though. But we'll know for sure if they find something.
Franciem

Activity: 322
Merit: 250

Real power doesnt hit hard,but right to the target

View Profile
October 03, 2015, 08:59:22 AM

I think we can life in mars, but not now,
maybe 1000 year again Smiley
but we do not know when the end will come, the earth and everything can be destroyed without the opportunity to move to mars

Losvienleg

Activity: 588
Merit: 500

Gloire à la Victoire !

View Profile
October 03, 2015, 10:26:50 PM

but we do not know when the end will come, the earth and everything can be destroyed without the opportunity to move to mars

I think we're perfectly able to live on Mars in just 30 years. And Earth won't explode in less than 1000 years  Wink because it will never. However, the Sun's collapse is in "just" 4 000 000 000 years. In so much time we'll have found and colonized manys new planets  Wink !

Spendulus
Legendary

View Profile
October 04, 2015, 03:06:59 AM

I think we're perfectly able to live on Mars in just 30 years. ...

Not in any self sustaining mode.

100-200 years for that is more realistic.  Even that might not allow local production of things like advanced tech medicines, electronics or sensors.  And we'd need to raise herds of cattle and pigs, for steaks and bacon.

Can't move there until we have that, now can we?
Lazada

Activity: 686

View Profile
October 04, 2015, 10:24:35 AM

MARS always been like Earth. and someday the earth will feel like-what MARS feel today.
bit3000 (OP)

Activity: 448

Craig Wright is scammer.

View Profile
October 04, 2015, 12:14:37 PM

MARS always been like Earth. and someday the earth will feel like-what MARS feel today.
If Mars every had a civilization then I think they sent some of the species on the Earth to thrive.A very vague idea though Cheesy

Old Amazon Accounts.With 100-200$ Gift card loaded.
Escrowed.
BlackBaron

Activity: 643
Merit: 263

#SWGT PRE-SALE IS LIVE

View Profile
October 04, 2015, 12:26:25 PM

100-200 years for that is more realistic.  Even that might not allow local production of things like advanced tech medicines, electronics or sensors.  And we'd need to raise herds of cattle and pigs, for steaks and bacon.

Even now we can perfectly live in Mars underground. Underground we are safe from micro meteorites, radiation, strong wind, dust and temperature fluctuation.

We can plant and raise some herds underground in mars. We can get energy from the Sun or using Nuclear Reactor as power source. We can produce oxygen from the water. We can seal the entrance to prevent the oxygen from escaping and to maintain the pressure.

.SWG.io.

█▀▀▀

█▄▄▄

▀▀▀█

▄▄▄█

█▀▀▀

█▄▄▄

▀▀▀█

▄▄▄█

Lazada

Activity: 686

View Profile
October 04, 2015, 12:27:02 PM

If Mars every had a civilization then I think they sent some of the species on the Earth to thrive.A very vague idea though Cheesy
it is very possible. civilization has occurred very long time. and in some previous studies a lot in common premises mars earth.
BlackBaron

#SWGT PRE-SALE IS LIVE

View Profile
October 04, 2015, 12:39:13 PM

it is very possible. civilization has occurred very long time. and in some previous studies a lot in common premises mars earth.

If there is life/civilization on Mars it would have move underground to survive.

.SWG.io.

█▀▀▀

█▄▄▄

▀▀▀█

▄▄▄█

█▀▀▀

█▄▄▄

▀▀▀█

▄▄▄█

ThePrinceofTea

Activity: 28
Merit: 0

View Profile
October 04, 2015, 12:44:31 PM

forward, let's probe those salt... don't tell me about stupid contamination, it's already too late anyway.
Spendulus
Legendary

View Profile
October 04, 2015, 01:03:36 PM

100-200 years for that is more realistic.  Even that might not allow local production of things like advanced tech medicines, electronics or sensors.  And we'd need to raise herds of cattle and pigs, for steaks and bacon.

Even now we can perfectly live in Mars underground. Underground we are safe from micro meteorites, radiation, strong wind, dust and temperature fluctuation.

We can plant and raise some herds underground in mars. We can get energy from the Sun or using Nuclear Reactor as power source. We can produce oxygen from the water. We can seal the entrance to prevent the oxygen from escaping and to maintain the pressure.

I don't argue with your reasoning.  Only that any realistic implementation should be looked at as 100-200 years.  Try making up a list of required items, then determining which would be produced or manufactured on Mars and how, and what would be shipped from Earth and how.

The only practical way is to send robots, rovers that can do more than just rove around, then have them start a construction project.   NASA and other space agencies don't know how to do construction projects.  Regardless, a sufficiently large collection of robots over decades, one would think could make serious progress in creating a habitat. 

However, that would likely be counterproductive.  Much wiser would be to use such robots to study the planet, as our remote eyes and hands, then make very careful decisions as to where, and why, to place human habitats.  Then commence building them.  There isn't anything wrong with something like 30-50 years for such a period of research and study.
Lenore

Activity: 168
Merit: 100

★YoBit.Net★ 350+ Coins Exchange & Dice

View Profile
October 04, 2015, 01:15:57 PM

I don't argue with your reasoning.  Only that any realistic implementation should be looked at as 100-200 years.  Try making up a list of required items, then determining which would be produced or manufactured on Mars and how, and what would be shipped from Earth and how.

The only practical way is to send robots, rovers that can do more than just rove around, then have them start a construction project.   NASA and other space agencies don't know how to do construction projects.  Regardless, a sufficiently large collection of robots over decades, one would think could make serious progress in creating a habitat. 

However, that would likely be counterproductive.  Much wiser would be to use such robots to study the planet, as our remote eyes and hands, then make very careful decisions as to where, and why, to place human habitats.  Then commence building them.  There isn't anything wrong with something like 30-50 years for such a period of research and study.

BlackBaron

#SWGT PRE-SALE IS LIVE

View Profile
October 04, 2015, 01:21:38 PM

100 - 200 years are very faraway. We don't know if humans civilization would still exist on that time. We better conquer Mars now before it's too late. We are like putting our eggs in one basket if we only live on one planet. It only takes one asteriod or super volcano or nuclear war to end human civilization.

We already have the techs. All we need a serious decision to go to Mars. I think the budget for one year for the military is enough to go to Mars.

.SWG.io.

█▀▀▀

█▄▄▄

▀▀▀█

▄▄▄█

█▀▀▀

█▄▄▄

▀▀▀█

▄▄▄█

ThePrinceofTea

Activity: 28
Merit: 0

View Profile
October 04, 2015, 01:24:21 PM

100 - 200 years are very faraway. We don't know if humans civilization would still exist on that time. We better conquer Mars now before it's too late. We are like putting our eggs in one basket if we only live on one planet. It only takes one asteriod or super volcano or nuclear war to end human civilization.

We already have the techs. All we need a serious decision to go to Mars. I think the budget for one year for the military is enough to go to Mars.

I prefer to start the hostilities with a giant sunflares, unbufferable by the shield, then tectonic shift, volcanos, nuclear meltdowns, game over, next player.
Spendulus
Legendary

View Profile
October 04, 2015, 01:31:00 PM

No, you aren't anywhere near having the techs.  Just as at the beginning of the Apollo program, that tech did not exist.  It was all invented from scratch.

In the 1950s-1960s, there were optimistic predictions of growing food in a space station, and of space stations being self sustaining.  Well, that really didn't work out too well.  This is no different.   The rosy promise really isn't enough.  You need to show and not in the abstract, the practical feasibility, but to prove it.   You need to have the farms and the herds of cattle thriving underground, show that they cannot be wiped out by a bug or a fungus or whatever.

Those are whole ecosystems to be built from scratch and which must be self sustaining.  And that's just focusing on the food aspect of the problem.  Typically in the chemical industry, a "pilot plant" is built as a test item, and run for 10-20 years before those methods are put into a 4 billion dollar investment in a facility.

So how many rockets, what type of equipment, how many cubic yards of dirt, how much concrete type material made from what, how many plants and animals, and what time from JUST FOR THAT PILOT PLANT?

Lol, that's what happens when you start to think it out...

Then figure the implementations to support a small group - small - of humans is 100-1000x larger than that pilot plant.
Pages: « 1 2 3 [4] 5 6 7 8 »  All
  Print  

Jump to: