Bitcoin Forum
May 04, 2024, 01:18:37 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: [1] 2 »  All
  Print  
Author Topic: 50% hashing power = unknown... are u scared yet?  (Read 4127 times)
ammo88 (OP)

Activity: 49
Merit: 0

View Profile
October 21, 2012, 09:39:29 AM

http://static.blockchain.info/pools.png?format=png

Doesn't that scare u ?  Shocked

OK the "Unknown" could be, and probably is, several people and not just one.

But I suspect SOMEONE is mining with ASICs .. !

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
Be very wary of relying on JavaScript for security on crypto sites. The site can change the JavaScript at any time unless you take unusual precautions, and browsers are not generally known for their airtight security.
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.
psilan

Activity: 364
Merit: 250

View Profile
October 21, 2012, 09:45:14 AM

Good lord.

dip
BeetcoinScummer

Activity: 215
Merit: 101

View Profile
October 21, 2012, 09:50:02 AM

*Shudder*
cedivad
Legendary

Activity: 1176
Merit: 1001

View Profile
October 21, 2012, 09:53:15 AM

Is it possible to have an historical version of that graph?

My anger against what is wrong in the Bitcoin community is productive:
Bitcointa.lk - Replace "Bitcointalk.org" with "Bitcointa.lk" in this url to see how this page looks like on a proper forum (Announcement Thread)
Hashfast.org - Wiki for screwed customers
goxed
Legendary

Activity: 1946
Merit: 1006

Bitcoin / Crypto mining Hardware.

View Profile
October 21, 2012, 11:35:08 AM

timbers

Revewing Bitcoin / Crypto mining Hardware.
Cablez
Legendary

Activity: 1400
Merit: 1000

I owe my soul to the Bitcoin code...

View Profile
October 21, 2012, 01:10:23 PM

Srsly?

Tired of substandard power distribution in your ASIC setup???   Chris' Custom Cablez will get you sorted out right!  No job too hard so PM me for a quote
Check my products or ask a question here: https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=74397.0
jamesg
VIP
Legendary

Activity: 1358

AKA: gigavps

View Profile
October 21, 2012, 01:20:21 PM

Please do your homework before posting FUD. Blockchain.info's way of collecting this data is far from perfect.

I would recommend checking out http://blockorigin.pfoe.be/blocklist.php

If you like pie charts better, http://blockorigin.pfoe.be/chart.php

Please read the block origin site to better understand why Blockchain.info's data collection methods are borked.
max in montreal

Activity: 504
Merit: 500

View Profile
October 21, 2012, 02:05:04 PM

You can see right away that there is a flaw...it says unknown...then other unknown...how do they know? Wink
deepceleron
Legendary

Activity: 1512
Merit: 1028

View Profile WWW
October 21, 2012, 02:06:47 PM

Block finding is up 11% in the past four days, since the record difficulty change of 3,072,322. Somebody definitely turned something on.

This is the bulk of the unknown mining as shown in the pie chart: relayed by 82.130.102.160. However the blockchain.info is not reliable, I was able to verify many of those "mystery" blocks are 50BTC blocks by looking at their pool solved blocks list. The links above were 100% correct on 50BTC blocks for the same period.
cedivad
Legendary

View Profile
October 21, 2012, 02:09:06 PM

Block finding is up 11% in the past four days, since the record difficulty change of 3,072,322. Somebody definitely turned something on.

This is the bulk of the unknown mining as shown in the pie chart: relayed by 82.130.102.160. However the blockchain.info is not reliable, I was able to verify many of those "mystery" blocks are 50BTC blocks by looking at their pool solved blocks list. The links above were 100% correct on 50BTC blocks for the same period.

Almost sure that this one is the Swiss researcher mining with their university supercomputer (search for previous post about this)

Code:
% This is the RIPE Database query service.
% The objects are in RPSL format.
%
% The RIPE Database is subject to Terms and Conditions.
% See http://www.ripe.net/db/support/db-terms-conditions.pdf

% Note: this output has been filtered.
%       To receive output for a database update, use the "-B" flag.

% Information related to '82.130.64.0 - 82.130.127.255'

inetnum:        82.130.64.0 - 82.130.127.255
netname:        ETHZ-NETNG
descr:          Swiss Federal Institute of Technology Zurich
org:         ORG-ETHZ1-RIPE
admin-c:        HE688-RIPE
tech-c:         HE688-RIPE
mnt-by:         SWITCH-MNT
mnt-by:         RIPE-NCC-END-MNT
mnt-lower:      RIPE-NCC-END-MNT
mnt-routes:     AS559-MNT
mnt-irt: IRT-SWITCH-CERT
source:         RIPE # Filtered

organisation:    ORG-ETHZ1-RIPE
org-name:        Swiss Federal Institute of Technology Zurich
org-type:        OTHER
address:         Raemistrasse 101
address: 8092 Zurich
address: Switzerland
admin-c:         AW1297-RIPE
tech-c:          HE688-RIPE
mnt-ref:         SWITCH-MNT
abuse-mailbox:   abuse@ethz.ch
mnt-by:          SWITCH-MNT
source:          RIPE # Filtered

role:           Hostmaster ETHZ
address:        Kommunikation / Informatikdienste
address:        ETH-Zentrum
address:        CH-8092 Zurich
address:        SWITZERLAND
phone:          +41 44 6323555
admin-c:        AW1297-RIPE
tech-c:         AW1297-RIPE
nic-hdl:        HE688-RIPE
abuse-mailbox:  abuse@ethz.ch
mnt-by:         SWITCH-MNT
source:         RIPE # Filtered

% Information related to '82.130.64.0/18AS559'

route:        82.130.64.0/18
descr:        ETHZ-NETNG
origin:       AS559
mnt-by:       AS559-MNT
source:       RIPE # Filtered

% This query was served by the RIPE Database Query Service version 1.35 (WHOIS2)

Bitcointa.lk - Replace "Bitcointalk.org" with "Bitcointa.lk" in this url to see how this page looks like on a proper forum (Announcement Thread)
Frizz23

Activity: 1162

View Profile
October 21, 2012, 02:37:23 PM

Is it possible to have an historical version of that graph?

Good point! I was also looking for this kind of information (nothing found so far) for a definitive proof.

But I (manually) observed this increase over the last few weeks - going from 35% to 39% to 40% ... and not 43%.

IMHO there is someone mining with ASICS. I assume it's BFL. There have been accusations before - and they denied it. But I'm pretty confident their ASICs are ready to go - and already started mining.

So BFL will mine for 2-3 month (delaying shipments with some lame excuses from October to November, from November to December, etc.) making shitloads of money. And after that sell/ship their ASICs.

Ξtherization⚡️First P2E 2016⚡️🏰💎🌈 etherization.org
Xch4ng3

Activity: 661
Merit: 502

View Profile WWW
October 21, 2012, 03:00:46 PM

So BFL will mine for 2-3 month (delaying shipments with some lame excuses from October to November, from November to December, etc.) making shitloads of money. And after that sell/ship their ASICs.

My first thought when I read this thread. By the time it comes to ship them out the difficulty will have been effected by them mining but by then they've already made thousands and who knows maybe even millions from mining and pre-orders.

I just don't understand the point in selling those machines when they could easily hook thousands up themselves and keep the profit. It'd be like giving away a cash machine.

[AUTOBUY] [CHEAP] $2 Account Shop -> https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=4611147
cedivad
Legendary

View Profile
October 21, 2012, 03:09:08 PM

My first thought when I read this thread. By the time it comes to ship them out the difficulty will have been effected by them mining but by then they've already made thousands and who knows maybe even millions from mining and pre-orders.

I just don't understand the point in selling those machines when they could easily hook thousands up themselves and keep the profit. It'd be like giving away a cash machine.
We will know that in January if they states that their product was a failure and they will refund everyone.

Frizz23

Activity: 1162

View Profile
October 21, 2012, 06:02:06 PM

Simple! They give it away once it's no cash machine any more (when difficulty is sky high). That's after they have mined for a couple of month - in Feb/Mar 2013. Which means the next 3-4 month we get lots of lame excuses from BFL why they can't ship.

Ξtherization⚡️First P2E 2016⚡️🏰💎🌈 etherization.org
Akka
Legendary

Activity: 1232

View Profile
October 21, 2012, 06:09:30 PM

Come down, a big part is only the ETH Zuerich www.ethz.ch/.

And they are not mining, they are simply running a (super) node (IP: 82.130.102.160) with their University Internet access. Their Node has nearly 1500 connections to other nodes, including a direct connection to blockchain.info.

Therefore they are able do distribute fund blocks faster through the network than the miner himself.

See the big orange spot here: https://blockchain.info/nodes-globe?series=topBlockRelay that's them.

So everything is alright.

All previous versions of currency will no longer be supported as of this update
DoomDumas
Legendary

Activity: 1002

Bitcoin

View Profile
October 22, 2012, 06:59:07 AM

And they are not mining, they are simply running a (super) node (IP: 82.130.102.160) with their University Internet access. Their Node has nearly 1500 connections to other nodes, including a direct connection to blockchain.info.

Therefore they are able do distribute fund blocks faster through the network than the miner himself.

See the big orange spot here: https://blockchain.info/nodes-globe?series=topBlockRelay that's them.

Wow, quite a nice link Smiley   

Just wondering,

1- Mining on a pool does not count as a node... true ?

2- Running a bitcoin client 24/7 with 8 connections, this is a node ?    ( If yes, I can see my lonely tiny blue bar on that cute globe Smiley   quite interesting and funny ! )

I'll enjoy an answer to both question (  I presume : yes and yes)!  Cheesy

Akka
Legendary

Activity: 1232

View Profile
October 22, 2012, 09:20:35 AM

Wow, quite a nice link Smiley   

Just wondering,

1- Mining on a pool does not count as a node... true ?

2- Running a bitcoin client 24/7 with 8 connections, this is a node ?    ( If yes, I can see my lonely tiny blue bar on that cute globe Smiley   quite interesting and funny ! )

I'll enjoy an answer to both question (  I presume : yes and yes)!  Cheesy

Yes and yes. (But the pool itself is a node)

But on that globe you see only nodes that have a direct connection to blockchain.info. Its pretty unlikely, that you have one if you only have 8 connections. I have between 30 and 50 (always somewhere between that) and have never seen my IP in blockchains IP list.

All previous versions of currency will no longer be supported as of this update
DoomDumas
Legendary

Activity: 1002

Bitcoin

View Profile
October 22, 2012, 03:02:15 PM

Interesting, thanks for the answer Smiley
jl2035

Activity: 146
Merit: 100

View Profile
November 08, 2012, 11:45:13 AM

It's interesting to me that deepbit had the biggest part on that pie chart and now it's just average...

JOIN Bitbiz bitbiz.io
strideynet

Activity: 412
Merit: 250

View Profile
November 12, 2012, 06:17:10 AM

They ain't hashing cau it isn't a perfect roi. If dey sell it it's already made profit. Aka they are wary of the bitcoin and think it not a great place to invest. But they also think we are easy to sell to.
Pages: [1] 2 »  All
  Print  

Jump to: