Bitcoin Forum
May 15, 2024, 03:23:14 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 [24] 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 56 57 58 59 60 61 62 63 64 65 66 67 68 69 70 71 72 73 74 ... 96 »
  Print  
Author Topic: [AEON] Aeon Speculation  (Read 190018 times)
This is a self-moderated topic. If you do not want to be moderated by the person who started this topic, create a new topic.
boolberry

Activity: 378
Merit: 250

View Profile
December 27, 2015, 12:29:09 AM

Monero testnet can be used experiments. Why so many Monero users spend time on Aeon now?

Its a chance to own a bit of crypto history and be part of the AEON early adopters. We think AEON has a very bright future!

This is also my opinion. There is room for more than one successful CryptoNote coin.
americanpegasus (OP)

Activity: 770
Merit: 502

View Profile
December 27, 2015, 05:29:23 AM

We are at the dawn of what may be only the second 'true' global money ever encountered by humanity (the first being gold). 

I use the word 'true' in the sense that no human or small group of humans has direct access to control it, which if crypto becomes as big as we hope - will be the reality. 

It would be silly to think that humans, who have quibbled over all manner of small details in their beliefs and social structures throughout the ages, would suddenly all unite under one common banner in this new financial universe of 'cryptocurrency'. 

No, the reality will be far messier: there will be many competing standards and networks of value.  Some will be more valuable than others, but just as there is not one universal language or one universal religion there will not be one universal money.   

It is likely that Monero may become the dominant network by size, but there is still plenty of room for Aeon.  In fact, I can imagine some scenarios where even though Monero may have a larger network Aeon still carries higher value.  I can also imagine scenarios where Aeon may overtake a sluggish Monero which cripples itself by becoming too dependent on a variable that users are resistant to change (like the blocksize issue in the current Bitcoin network). 

I do agree - the future is very bright and I sense some monumental things on the horizon for cryptocurrency, and Aeon by association.

Account is back under control of the real AmericanPegasus.
LucyLovesCrypto

Activity: 414
Merit: 251

View Profile
December 27, 2015, 05:35:20 AM

We are at the dawn of what may be only the second 'true' global money ever encountered by humanity (the first being gold).  

I use the word 'true' in the sense that no human or small group of humans has direct access to control it, which if crypto becomes as big as we hope - will be the reality.  

It would be silly to think that humans, who have quibbled over all manner of small details in their beliefs and social structures throughout the ages, would suddenly all unite under one common banner in this new financial universe of 'cryptocurrency'.  

No, the reality will be far messier: there will be many competing standards and networks of value.  Some will be more valuable than others, but just as there is not one universal language or one universal religion there will not be one universal money.  

It is likely that Monero may become the dominant network by size, but there is still plenty of room for Aeon.  In fact, I can imagine some scenarios where even though Monero may have a larger network Aeon still carries higher value.  I can also imagine scenarios where Aeon may overtake a sluggish Monero which cripples itself by becoming too dependent on a variable that users are resistant to change (like the blocksize issue in the current Bitcoin network).  

I do agree - the future is very bright and I sense some monumental things on the horizon for cryptocurrency, and Aeon by association.

Nice post.  I am optimistic about Aeon too but think it is very likely Monero will remain the market leader.

One question: is the 10btc buy wall for Aeon yours? Feel free to ignore the question if you want to remain private about it. I just don't see why one person would need that many coins (if indeed it is you since you already have so many).
americanpegasus (OP)

View Profile
December 27, 2015, 11:15:47 AM
Last edit: December 27, 2015, 10:38:00 PM by americanpegasus

One question: is the 10btc buy wall for Aeon yours? Feel free to ignore the question if you want to remain private about it. I just don't see why one person would need that many coins (if indeed it is you since you already have so many).

No, I have acquired all the Aeon I plan to and will not engage in any market manipulation or posturing (nor have I previously).  That buy wall is someone else.

Nxtblg
Legendary

Activity: 924
Merit: 1000

View Profile WWW
December 27, 2015, 03:15:21 PM

Monero testnet can be used experiments. Why so many Monero users spend time on Aeon now?

Its a chance to own a bit of crypto history and be part of the AEON early adopters. We think AEON has a very bright future!

This is also my opinion. There is room for more than one successful CryptoNote coin.

Definitely! Despite it being proclaimed 'dead', Litecoin keeps chugging along. Despite it being razzed as a 'joke', Dogecoin's ecosystem is the biggest in in altcoin land in terms of participation. And these two examples are only off the top of my head.

As the Dogecoin example indicates, all you really need is a special kind of branding: a sort of 'club' that certain folks are happy to be members of.

██████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████
██████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████
███████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████▄▄▄███████████████████████
███████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████▀▀▀████████████████████████
██████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████
█████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████

...INTRODUCING WAVES........
...ULTIMATE ASSET/CUSTOM TOKEN BLOCKCHAIN PLATFORM...

Nxtblg
Legendary

Activity: 924
Merit: 1000

View Profile WWW
December 27, 2015, 03:17:18 PM

Yes, you're right. If only Friedrich Hayek were alive to see this day... [ Ref: https://mises.org/library/hayeks-plan-private-money  ]

██████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████
██████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████
███████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████▄▄▄███████████████████████
███████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████▀▀▀████████████████████████
██████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████
█████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████

...INTRODUCING WAVES........
...ULTIMATE ASSET/CUSTOM TOKEN BLOCKCHAIN PLATFORM...

XMRpromotions

Activity: 336
Merit: 250

View Profile
December 27, 2015, 08:12:45 PM

Definitely! Despite it being proclaimed 'dead', Litecoin keeps chugging along. Despite it being razzed as a 'joke', Dogecoin's ecosystem is the biggest in in altcoin land in terms of participation. And these two examples are only off the top of my head.

As the Dogecoin example indicates, all you really need is a special kind of branding: a sort of 'club' that certain folks are happy to be members of.

You are right. There are a lot of things to be learned about branding and community from Dogecoin.

Don't buy Monero: https://twitter.com/MoneroPromotion/status/746006420508729344

XMR: 43hPTYyKarCTWyh4ZnMVn8AtFeEmtzTXo3Y6TGGMV26BWonJ4tpR7eP9RkUDYQbvg6LbrnMXWfghddE NGtvKxr7B5oML4qd
smooth
Legendary

Activity: 2968
Merit: 1198

View Profile
December 27, 2015, 08:27:10 PM

You are right. There are a lot of things to be learned about branding and community from Dogecoin.

It is interesting to look at historical snapshots of market position and see what has passed the test of time, DOGE being one of them:

https://coinmarketcap.com/historical/20141228/
americanpegasus (OP)

View Profile
December 27, 2015, 11:01:39 PM

It is interesting to look at historical snapshots of market position and see what has passed the test of time, DOGE being one of them:

https://coinmarketcap.com/historical/20141228/

Being able to stand the test of time is one of the most important characteristics of any social web.  An idea must be malleable in order to do this; if Christianity had not changed to suit the needs of the populace, it likely wouldn't have lasted the 2000 years that it has.  

The true brilliance of the Representative Democracy of the United States was that it admitted upon formation that perhaps it didn't have everything right - and included mechanisms to change over time if necessary.  The USA wouldn't have lasted past the Civil War had these not been included.  This was a huge advantage over the traditional and rigid monarchies (and we can see how this idea of malleable representative democracy is spreading throughout civilization now).  

As long as a currency can walk the fine line between being able to change with the times and 'standing for something' then it has a bright future.  

It also needs to be understood that the classic concept of a 'century' is accelerating.  What took from 1600 to 1700 to occur now happens in 20 years or less.  In many ways the world of 2015 is as alien to the world of 1995 as 1700 was to 1600.  As we go forward this leap will happen faster and faster and money, language, and religion will need to keep up if they hope to stay relevant.  

It's likely the next 'century' will only last 15 years.  The world of 2030 may be a strange and alien place to us humble folk from 2015.  Let's hope (and work towards ensuring that) Cryptonote based coins like Aeon can stand the test of time.

Arux

Activity: 500
Merit: 500

View Profile
December 29, 2015, 11:04:48 AM

200k AEON changed owners few hours ago.

tokeweed
Legendary

Activity: 3948
Merit: 1418

Life, Love and Laughter...

View Profile
December 29, 2015, 11:46:40 AM

Or could be the same one fooling around.

Anyway, how's the daily trading volume and liquidity of Aeon?

R

▀▀▀▀▀▀▀██████▄▄
████████████████
▀▀▀▀█████▀▀▀█████
████████▌███▐████
▄▄▄▄█████▄▄▄█████
████████████████
▄▄▄▄▄▄▄██████▀▀
LLBIT|
4,000+ GAMES
███████████████████
██████████▀▄▀▀▀████
████████▀▄▀██░░░███
██████▀▄███▄▀█▄▄▄██
███▀▀▀▀▀▀█▀▀▀▀▀▀███
██░░░░░░░░█░░░░░░██
██▄░░░░░░░█░░░░░▄██
███▄░░░░▄█▄▄▄▄▄████
▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀
█████████
▀████████
░░▀██████
░░░░▀████
░░░░░░███
▄░░░░░███
▀█▄▄▄████
░░▀▀█████
▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀
█████████
░░░▀▀████
██▄▄▀░███
█░░█▄░░██
░████▀▀██
█░░█▀░░██
██▀▀▄░███
░░░▄▄████
▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀
|
██░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░██
▀█▄░▄▄░░░░░░░░░░░░▄▄░▄█▀
▄▄███░░░░░░░░░░░░░░███▄▄
▀░▀▄▀▄░░░░░▄▄░░░░░▄▀▄▀░▀
▄▄▄▄▄▀▀▄▄▀▀▄▄▄▄▄
█░▄▄▄██████▄▄▄░█
█░▀▀████████▀▀░█
█░█▀▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄██░█
█░█▀████████░█
█░█░██████░█
▀▄▀▄███▀▄▀
▄▀▄
▀▄▄▄▄▀▄▀▄
██▀░░░░░░░░▀██
▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄
░▀▄░▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄░▄▀
███▀▄▀█████████████████▀▄▀
█████▀▄░▄▄▄▄▄███░▄▄▄▄▄▄▀
███████▀▄▀██████░█▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄
█████████▀▄▄░███▄▄▄▄▄▄░▄▀
███████████░███████▀▄▀
███████████░██▀▄▄▄▄▀
███████████░▀▄▀
████████████▄▀
███████████
▄▄███████▄▄
▄████▀▀▀▀▀▀▀████▄
▄███▀▄▄███████▄▄▀███▄
▄██▀▄█▀▀▀█████▀▀▀█▄▀██▄
▄██▄██████▀████░███▄██▄
███░████████▀██░████░███
███░████░█▄████▀░████░███
███░████░███▄████████░███
▀██▄▀███░█████▄█████▀▄██▀
▀██▄▀█▄▄▄██████▄██▀▄██▀
▀███▄▀▀███████▀▀▄███▀
▀████▄▄▄▄▄▄▄████▀
▀▀███████▀▀
OFFICIAL PARTNERSHIP
FAZE CLAN
SSC NAPOLI
|
baseke

Activity: 389
Merit: 256

View Profile
December 29, 2015, 04:25:52 PM

Its the guy with largest wallet on trex. he has 400k aeon second one 175k coins.
generalizethis
Legendary

Activity: 1750
Merit: 1036

Facts are more efficient than fud

View Profile WWW
December 29, 2015, 07:57:44 PM

Its the guy with largest wallet on trex. he has 400k aeon second one 175k coins.

That's American Pegasus and he's on the record that he's done buying (which I believe since he's a stand-up guy and it doesn't match his public nature). Also, owning all the aeon would be counter productive unless he plans on using it to fund development, but again, why do it out of the public eye when all his other purchases were announced with a lot of fanfare?

smooth
Legendary

View Profile
December 29, 2015, 08:57:32 PM

Or could be the same one fooling around.

Anyway, how's the daily trading volume and liquidity of Aeon?

The volume seems to run around 0.5-1 BTC/day or so, with occasional higher spikes. The liquidity is okay for trades up to about that size but if you want to trade bigger, you are going to move the market (temporarily at least), as pegasus and others have experienced.
cryptodromeda

Activity: 212
Merit: 100

View Profile
December 29, 2015, 10:30:02 PM

It's also worth saying that the use of limit orders should probably be the tool of choice here. There's no real logical reason (yet) for the frantic use of market orders. Flapping around in relatively low-liquidity could prove costly, as opposed to quite literally buying-your-time.

Having said that, a mere purchase of 10,000 AEON would yield a handsome return of 100BTC if Aeon was ever to match Monero's high. Given the similar emission curves and growing community support, it's a completely logical outcome that should be expected.

It's a kind of blindness that reason alone cannot cure.
cryptodromeda

Activity: 212
Merit: 100

View Profile
January 05, 2016, 12:37:05 AM

AEON (COIN LOGO) Version 4.1

Okay so the high-quality vector of this logo is available here:-

http://www.filedropper.com/aeonlogov41 (.SVG Inkscape file)

I haven't had much time to work on it over the holidays but I'm kinda thinking we're getting close, at least in respect of the pictorial element.

Things to consider moving forward will be:-

1. Accompanying text component.
2. Accompanying web-palette.

I'm also currently working on some possible logo extensions.

Feel free to chime in / modify.

It's a kind of blindness that reason alone cannot cure.
LucyLovesCrypto

View Profile
January 05, 2016, 07:53:42 AM

AEON (COIN LOGO) Version 4.1

Okay so the high-quality vector of this logo is available here:-

http://www.filedropper.com/aeonlogov41 (.SVG Inkscape file)

I haven't had much time to work on it over the holidays but I'm kinda thinking we're getting close, at least in respect of the pictorial element.

Things to consider moving forward will be:-

1. Accompanying text component.
2. Accompanying web-palette.

I'm also currently working on some possible logo extensions.

Feel free to chime in / modify.

The logo looks perfect to me. I do not have any suggestions to make it better.
smooth
Legendary

View Profile
January 05, 2016, 07:58:14 AM

I like the logo part of the logo, and the color. The thing I don't like is the circle.

I think we discussed before the importance of shape as an element of recognition.

Take a quick look at coinmarketcap. As you scroll lower down the list (including to the second page >100) fewer and fewer of the logos have a distinctive shape and more are just circles. In fact, overall, just way too many of the coins have circle logos. It worked for Bitcoin, but now its just being a follower. I'd like to avoid being in that group.

Hopefully there is a way to take good ideas from this logo and recast the overall shape. Beyond that, I don't have any great suggestions, and I suck as a designer.
LucyLovesCrypto

View Profile
January 05, 2016, 08:06:35 AM

I like the logo part of the logo, and the color. The thing I don't like is the circle.

I think we discussed before the importance of shape as an element of recognition.

Take a quick look at coinmarketcap. As you scroll lower down the list (including to the second page >100) fewer and fewer of the logos have a distinctive shape and more are just circles. In fact, overall, just way too many of the coins have circle logos. It worked for Bitcoin, but now its just being a follower. I'd like to avoid being in that group.

Hopefully there is a way to take good ideas from this logo and recast the overall shape. Beyond that, I don't have any great suggestions, and I suck as a designer.

What about the same design in a square box?
smooth
Legendary

View Profile
January 05, 2016, 08:10:53 AM

Would have to see it.

Or maybe the same or similar design with no container, or perhaps an outline or partial "outline" of some sort.

Take a look at the boolberry logo. That one is pretty nice, and round, but in a different way than the usual "coin" logo.
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 [24] 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 56 57 58 59 60 61 62 63 64 65 66 67 68 69 70 71 72 73 74 ... 96 »
  Print  

Jump to: