Bitcoin Forum
May 05, 2024, 04:22:31 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 2 [3] 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 ... 96 »
  Print  
Author Topic: [AEON] Aeon Speculation  (Read 190016 times)
This is a self-moderated topic. If you do not want to be moderated by the person who started this topic, create a new topic.
dukey8

Activity: 28
Merit: 0

View Profile
October 04, 2015, 03:29:29 PM

Since this is a speculation thread, I speculate that dukey8 is Blockafett3, or better known in some circles as smoothstalker1.

I am not Blockafett3 or smoothstalker1.  What about you, maybe you are Smooth?

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
Unlike traditional banking where clients have only a few account numbers, with Bitcoin people can create an unlimited number of accounts (addresses). This can be used to easily track payments, and it improves anonymity.
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
dukey8

View Profile
October 04, 2015, 03:30:55 PM

I did check github, thats why I say the core dev stopped writing code long time ago.  Just moneromoo coding now, who community is paying for.  Maybe you have no clue how to use github and because you see the name Fluffypony merging monoeromoo commits, you think that means a monero core dev is coding?  The only code Fluffypony will write is commercial closed source website he can profit from himself.

But if you want proof like you say:

Launch - crippled miner by Smooth
Development is not ongoing - it's not.  Smooth's coding time is 100% on AEON and Fluffypony is 100% on his own websites to make money from XMR community. The only code now has to be paid by community.
Technology is somehow flawed - it is, because it is 1 year behind the original Bytecoin code, same as Bytecoin 2014, not even a GUI (maybe Monero community can pay someone to integrate Aeon GUI now Smooth is coding it?)

If you don't now you being scammed, no hope trying to tell you.

Well seeing as how this is an AEON speculation topic I have no interest in debating 'you' on XMR (even though all your arguments have been well trounced elsewhere).  You already just said that Smooth's time is 100% Aeon, and since the coin costs less than half a cents each, I can't complain too much about what has happened before now with this particular blockchain - its essentially been abandoned and is worthless.  

If you have specific complaints about Monero, I suggest you take those to relevant topics: this topic is about Aeon.  

As far as Bytecoin: regardless of what it has, it's well established all over these boards that it was an 82% premine that arose from the sketchiest conditions imaginable and most importantly -> is closed source so its a non-option for a valid Cryptonote implementation.

AEON is controlled now by the same group as Monero.  If you have 2 coins controlled by the same people, what is relevant for one is relevant for both.

EDIT: you really think Bytecoin is closed source, you don't know that Monero is Bytecoin code Wink
generalizethis
Legendary

Activity: 1750
Merit: 1036

Facts are more efficient than fud

View Profile WWW
October 04, 2015, 03:54:21 PM
Last edit: October 04, 2015, 06:54:28 PM by generalizethis

AEON is controlled now by the same group as Monero.  If you have 2 coins controlled by the same people, what is relevant for one is relevant for both.

Aeon is not controlled by the same group as Monero. That's like saying Temple of the Dog is controlled by Pearl Jam. Sure there are some crossover members, but they are not all the same members. And those Pearl Jam members who aren't in Temple of the Dog have little say in what goes on in Temple of the Dog and vice versa for Temple of the Dog members who aren't in Pearl Jam. What cereal box did you get your reasoning from?

dukey8

View Profile
October 04, 2015, 03:58:16 PM

Aeon is not controlled by the same group as Monero. That's like saying Temple of the Dog is controlled by Pearl Jam. Sure there are some crossover members, but they are not all the same members. And those Pearl Jam members who aren't in Temple of the Dog have little say in what goes on in Temple of the Dog and vice verse for Temple of the Dog members who aren't in Pearl Jam. What cereal box did you get your reasoning from?

Aeon is not controlled by the same group as Monero?  Smooth has taken over the development, and here is this speculation thread filled with Smooth and his group's usual pump posts, now he has abandoned Monero coding. 

Keep dreaming Wink
myagui
Legendary

Activity: 1154
Merit: 1001

View Profile
October 04, 2015, 04:08:28 PM

Not Speculation: dukey8 is a troll account created for the specific purpose of chasing around Smooth and Fluffy, posting garbage as he goes along, just look at the post history for the user. Enough wasting our time please, shoo troll...

Speculation: I think AEON has all the necessary ingredients to venture into development opportunities that would be too risky or controversial for Monero to tackle. It's generally worthless now, which makes the upside potential all the more attractive.  Wink

GTO911

Activity: 672
Merit: 500

View Profile
October 04, 2015, 06:18:08 PM

dukey is one of Bytecoin scammer accounts

How are you dukey? never seen you since the last shitstorm from byte criminal group
kazuki49

Activity: 350
Merit: 250

View Profile
October 04, 2015, 06:30:43 PM

An ancient saying, Atula,
not only said today -
‘They are blamed who silent sit,
who often speak they too are blamed,
and blamed are they of measured speech’ -
there’s none in the world unblamed.

- The Buddha
smooth
Legendary

Activity: 2968
Merit: 1198

View Profile
October 04, 2015, 10:12:31 PM

Launch - crippled miner by Smooth

Wat?!

On top of everything else that's silly about it, I had nothing to do with the launch of either coin (in fact not even to do with the forking of the bitmonero repo, although I supported tacotime doing it), nor had I ever touched the miner code until something like 12+ months after the launch!

If you're going to make "scam" accusations, at least make ones that make some sense.
danonthehill

Activity: 710
Merit: 500

View Profile
October 05, 2015, 10:15:51 PM

Aeon is one of the least hyped coins out there. Most of the discussion on the main thread has been technical (most of it over my head), but I follow it with interest because of the clear, straight forward communication and continual updates, and because the coin is relatively early in it's development.

Appreciate this thread also, despite the obvious trolls.
bangomatic
Legendary

Activity: 1246
Merit: 1000

ARK Team likes to ban and delete posts in reddit.

View Profile
October 07, 2015, 03:53:20 AM
Last edit: October 07, 2015, 04:10:35 AM by bangomatic

If development follows the roadmap in the OP, I dont think price will be tied to xmr, "1/10th to 1/20th" of xmr, at all. Having a slick and easy to use gui wallet, and being able to make transactions on a mobile device, will, with the built-in privacy of cryptonote, stir some interest within the crypto community at large. I mean lets face it, in real use, 95% of your transactions will be from a mobile device.  
owm123

Activity: 392

View Profile
October 07, 2015, 05:41:21 AM

Aeon is one of the least hyped coins out there. Most of the discussion on the main thread has been technical (most of it over my head), but I follow it with interest because of the clear, straight forward communication and continual updates, and because the coin is relatively early in it's development.

Appreciate this thread also, despite the obvious trolls.

More of your life tide to a smartphone? Thats exactly what spying services want.

"security services can access everything people do on their smart phones - even activating the devices when they are switched off."

"can access a personal smartphone by sending it an encrypted text message, and using it to take pictures and listen to conversations."

http://www.sbs.com.au/news/article/2015/10/06/smartphones-can-be-taken-over-just-one-text-message-snowden

Bitcoin is NOT anonymous: http://www.bitcoinisnotanonymous.com
e-coinomist
Legendary

Activity: 2380
Merit: 1085

Money often costs too much.

View Profile
October 07, 2015, 10:21:43 AM

If development follows the roadmap in the OP, I dont think price will be tied to xmr, "1/10th to 1/20th" of xmr, at all. Having a slick and easy to use gui wallet, and being able to make transactions on a mobile device, will, with the built-in privacy of cryptonote, stir some interest within the crypto community at large. I mean lets face it, in real use, 95% of your transactions will be from a mobile device.  

100% of all transactions will use the mobile as a second factor authorisation, leaving 0% of all transactions to be done from the very same mobile. That makes the concept behind using 2FA. My observation from own customs, storing wallets on a laptop using the mobile as a security measure.

Geez if Android wouldn't have messed up their system libraries that much, combined with strict  industry customs of "no updates". Like Android 4.1 and Stagefright. You simply cannot store your wallets on such a messed up platform.

Before you can even start considering a mobile payment platform, you have to tackle a method of 2FA separated from the very same cellphone. Bluetooth connected Arduino inside a sturdy case comes to my mind. Sort of dongle. Displaying amount, begin/end of address and awaiting a yes/no reply.

Oh, and on a sidenote most pump'n'dump scams use a mobile wallet depicted somewhere on their roadmap. Most do die before delivery.
smooth
Legendary

View Profile
October 07, 2015, 10:49:56 AM

Oh, and on a sidenote most pump'n'dump scams use a mobile wallet depicted somewhere on their roadmap. Most do die before delivery.

It is a good thing there is no mobile wallet on our roadmap!

The idea of our mobile focus is to develop and deploy the core technologies that facilitate mobile use (and likewise other low cost and embedded devices such as hardware wallets, cheap low end computers, etc.). That includes multisig that can be used for a form of trustless 2FA, implementations of SPV-style wallets, and core protocol changes to support these devices in an efficient and scalable manner.

We may develop a mobile wallet (resources permitting), or others may do so from the core technologies we provide, but there is no "roadmap" promise of this being made to lure in investors.

smooth
Legendary

View Profile
October 07, 2015, 10:53:13 AM

Since this is a speculation thread, I speculate that dukey8 is Blockafett3, or better known in some circles as smoothstalker1.

I am not Blockafett3 or smoothstalker1.  What about you, maybe you are Smooth?

No, he's a better writer than I am.

(I neither have nor have ever had any sock puppets or alternate accounts of any kind except the 'aeon' account that was transferred to me by the original developer and is used to update the ANN OP.)

EDIT: you really think Bytecoin is closed source, you don't know that Monero is Bytecoin code Wink

The Bytecoin GUI wallet is closed source, unless they have recently opened it. I haven't checked.

smooth
Legendary

View Profile
October 12, 2015, 08:59:19 AM

Okay so I was watching the thread and no have decided to get on board the AEON train.

What would be a reasonable AEON purchase amount? I've seen elsewhere people saying 10% AEON and 90% XMR.

Fact is it is going to be hard to buy a lot of value of AEON with the total market cap being something like 150 BTC. Buying even 100k coins which by any reasonable standard makes you a whale only costs 1.8 BTC at current market...

I don't have that much XMR, but I'm keen to go fairly heavy in AEON providing Bittrex can take the volume. Also on that note, any strategies for accumulating in low volume conditions?

Place bids slightly below market (maybe 5-10%) and wait for dumps. Or try to find an OTC deal for a large block.

chennan
Legendary

Activity: 1316
Merit: 1004

View Profile
October 12, 2015, 09:16:14 PM

Okay so I was watching the thread and no have decided to get on board the AEON train.

What would be a reasonable AEON purchase amount? I've seen elsewhere people saying 10% AEON and 90% XMR.

Fact is it is going to be hard to buy a lot of value of AEON with the total market cap being something like 150 BTC. Buying even 100k coins which by any reasonable standard makes you a whale only costs 1.8 BTC at current market...

I don't have that much XMR, but I'm keen to go fairly heavy in AEON providing Bittrex can take the volume. Also on that note, any strategies for accumulating in low volume conditions?

Place bids slightly below market (maybe 5-10%) and wait for dumps. Or try to find an OTC deal for a large block.

I don't know if it was said on this thread before, but what's the total amount of coins on the market right now? How many coins can be mined in the long run of things? Any links to charts of the distribution curves will be greatly appreciated.

owm123

Activity: 392

View Profile
October 12, 2015, 10:05:16 PM

I don't know if it was said on this thread before, but what's the total amount of coins on the market right now? How many coins can be mined in the long run of things? Any links to charts of the distribution curves will be greatly appreciated.

Some charts and other stuff:
http://chainradar.com/aeon/chart
http://chainradar.com/aeon/blocks

Bitcoin is NOT anonymous: http://www.bitcoinisnotanonymous.com
chennan
Legendary

Activity: 1316
Merit: 1004

View Profile
October 12, 2015, 10:09:42 PM

Ah, ok thank you.. So I see the total amount of emitted coin are a little over 8 million coins right now. Is the total amount of Aeon coins that can be mined around 21 million like bitcoin? Or does it have another amount?

bangomatic
Legendary

Activity: 1246
Merit: 1000

ARK Team likes to ban and delete posts in reddit.

View Profile
October 12, 2015, 10:27:33 PM

I think the total coins will be 18.4 million.

https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=641696.0
smooth
Legendary

View Profile
October 13, 2015, 03:10:15 AM

I think the total coins will be 18.4 million.

https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=641696.0

The target supply for the first 8 years will be 18.4 million. The planned maintenance reward for mining incentives of <1% was not implemented in the Monero code when AEON was forked from it but will get remerged along with other subsequent Monero changes that don't conflict with AEON's own modifications. So from that point forward (about 8 years after launch) the total supply will very grow slowly, in a disinflationary model.

EDIT: some people (for example on reddit, and maybe once or twice here) have discussed making a proposal to do something more experimental like a larger maintenance reward or a fixed inflation rate (something <1%, but a constant percentage rather than a constant amount, wouldn't clearly contradict the original wording imo). No such specific proposal has been made yet though.
Pages: « 1 2 [3] 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 ... 96 »
  Print  

Jump to: