Bitcoin Forum
May 04, 2024, 12:05:17 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 2 3 [4] 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 ... 96 »
  Print  
Author Topic: [AEON] Aeon Speculation  (Read 190016 times)
This is a self-moderated topic. If you do not want to be moderated by the person who started this topic, create a new topic.
LucyLovesCrypto

Activity: 414
Merit: 251

View Profile
October 15, 2015, 06:31:59 AM

Okay so I was watching the thread and no have decided to get on board the AEON train.

What would be a reasonable AEON purchase amount? I've seen elsewhere people saying 10% AEON and 90% XMR.

Fact is it is going to be hard to buy a lot of value of AEON with the total market cap being something like 150 BTC. Buying even 100k coins which by any reasonable standard makes you a whale only costs 1.8 BTC at current market...

I don't have that much XMR, but I'm keen to go fairly heavy in AEON providing Bittrex can take the volume. Also on that note, any strategies for accumulating in low volume conditions?

Place bids slightly below market (maybe 5-10%) and wait for dumps. Or try to find an OTC deal for a large block.

I don't see many large sellers on exchange on in OTC thread right now. Are most people just sitting on their coins and waiting?

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
LucyLovesCrypto

View Profile
October 16, 2015, 11:33:31 PM

Okay so I was watching the thread and no have decided to get on board the AEON train.

What would be a reasonable AEON purchase amount? I've seen elsewhere people saying 10% AEON and 90% XMR.

Fact is it is going to be hard to buy a lot of value of AEON with the total market cap being something like 150 BTC. Buying even 100k coins which by any reasonable standard makes you a whale only costs 1.8 BTC at current market...

I don't have that much XMR, but I'm keen to go fairly heavy in AEON providing Bittrex can take the volume. Also on that note, any strategies for accumulating in low volume conditions?

Place bids slightly below market (maybe 5-10%) and wait for dumps. Or try to find an OTC deal for a large block.

I don't see many large sellers on exchange on in OTC thread right now. Are most people just sitting on their coins and waiting?

No-one's likely to sell OTC at these prices.

Hear that silence? That's the sound of people trying to get in.

Best option is to accumulate at Bittrex and catch the miner dumps. They tend to be fairly regular.

That is easier said than done without knowing when the miners will sell. Often when a big is placed someone places a higher bid 1 satoshi higher. Without sitting on the exchange all day or using a trading bot of some sort buying on the exchange for a good price is difficult. Limit orders for AEON are not easy to execute.
Nxtblg
Legendary

Activity: 924
Merit: 1000

View Profile WWW
October 17, 2015, 02:55:51 PM

That is easier said than done without knowing when the miners will sell. Often when a big is placed someone places a higher bid 1 satoshi higher. Without sitting on the exchange all day or using a trading bot of some sort buying on the exchange for a good price is difficult. Limit orders for AEON are not easy to execute.

Which is why patience has become a valued skill. Place the order, watch the bots outbid you by a smidgen, and then wait patiently for a dumper. If you're really a woman, you do have a real advantage over us guys in wrt this skill.

██████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████
██████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████
███████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████▄▄▄███████████████████████
███████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████▀▀▀████████████████████████
██████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████
█████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████

...INTRODUCING WAVES........
...ULTIMATE ASSET/CUSTOM TOKEN BLOCKCHAIN PLATFORM...

smooth
Legendary

Activity: 2968
Merit: 1198

View Profile
October 17, 2015, 03:06:22 PM

Which is why patience has become a valued skill. Place the order, watch the bots outbid you by a smidgen, and then wait patiently for a dumper. If you're really a woman, you do have a real advantage over us guys in wrt this skill.

I think I may be saying the same thing as  Nxtblg (not sure though), but I'd add that when it comes to catching miner dumping you don't really need to be the best bid and being outbid by 1 satoshi is irrelevant. You just need to be somewhere near the top of the buy book. That may still require a bit of active attention though, but not anything like trying to outbid the add-one-sat bots.
Nxtblg
Legendary

Activity: 924
Merit: 1000

View Profile WWW
October 17, 2015, 03:40:34 PM

I think I may be saying the same thing as  Nxtblg (not sure though), but I'd add that when it comes to catching miner dumping you don't really need to be the best bid and being outbid by 1 satoshi is irrelevant. You just need to be somewhere near the top of the buy book. That may still require a bit of active attention though, but not anything like trying to outbid the add-one-sat bots.

Can't confirm or deny. I blasted in this morning (ET) after a long absence. I've been up to something elsewhere, so I haven't been up to speed.

██████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████
██████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████
███████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████▄▄▄███████████████████████
███████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████▀▀▀████████████████████████
██████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████
█████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████

...INTRODUCING WAVES........
...ULTIMATE ASSET/CUSTOM TOKEN BLOCKCHAIN PLATFORM...

kazuki49

Activity: 350
Merit: 250

View Profile
October 17, 2015, 04:05:35 PM

Quote from: cryptodromeda link=topic=1197508.msg12693935#msg12693935
Best option is to accumulate at Bittrex and catch the miner dumps. They tend to be fairly regular.

Thats always the best aproach and has served me well in Monero too, you don't simply go buying in a bear market if you want more coins you wait them be handled to you, the course of action is different with a very large buyer (would prefer OTC) and in a bull market of course, but these are mainly problems of the future Grin
newb4now

Activity: 686
Merit: 500

View Profile
October 17, 2015, 05:16:39 PM

Are people speculating that a GUI is coming soon? Price has been steadily increasing last few days and there are few big sell orders left in Bittrex order book.
kazuki49

View Profile
October 17, 2015, 10:17:08 PM
Last edit: October 17, 2015, 11:29:08 PM by kazuki49

GUI soon?

smooth said a GUI is comming, but there is no point in a GUI with the current size of memory usage, tl;dr the GUI is hanging on Monero finishing the DB.
americanpegasus (OP)

Activity: 770

View Profile
October 18, 2015, 05:38:42 AM

The memory footprint is already under 100MB. 

Can someone ELI12 what else is needed to be done?  The buzzword is "databasing" but it would be nice to be pointed to a more detailed goal-list/dev-map.  (forgive me if I asked this in the past; I have a lot running through my mind on a given day).

Account is back under control of the real AmericanPegasus.
smooth
Legendary

View Profile
October 18, 2015, 05:41:07 AM

Can someone ELI12 what else is needed to be done?  The buzzword is "databasing" but it would be nice to be pointed to a more detailed goal-list/dev-map.  (forgive me if I asked this in the past; I have a lot running through my mind on a given day).

The database stuff is probably okay the way it is. There are a few other items needed for the actual Monero 0.9 release (I'm working on one of them). Then we will proceed with merging the database and most of the other new stuff from Monero into AEON.
americanpegasus (OP)

View Profile
October 18, 2015, 05:52:34 AM

The database stuff is probably okay the way it is. There are a few other items needed for the actual Monero 0.9 release (I'm working on one of them). Then we will proceed with merging the database and most of the other new stuff from Monero into AEON.

Wish I could offer more than thanks for the amazing work, but thanks. 

I can't code, but I'll do my part.  As soon as the two have a GUI that is user-friendly: "Aeon is easy, cheap, and fun to get into: just download the client and off you go!" it will be a lot easier to discuss it and promote it with others.  As well, I will strive to understand how to explain to developers how they can build applications on top of the latest cryptonote currencies.  Until then, learning continues.

LucyLovesCrypto

View Profile
October 19, 2015, 01:43:11 AM

I took your advice and it did not work. The price is now much higher than it was when I started placing limit orders. The miner "dumpers" never came and the price kept going up...

It is frustrating but I guess from a market cap perspective the price is still extremely low. I hate market orders but this time I would have been better off than waiting on my limit buy orders to fill (never happened).
funnyman21

Activity: 109
Merit: 10

View Profile
October 19, 2015, 02:10:08 AM

I took your advice and it did not work. The price is now much higher than it was when I started placing limit orders. The miner "dumpers" never came and the price kept going up...

It is frustrating but I guess from a market cap perspective the price is still extremely low. I hate market orders but this time I would have been better off than waiting on my limit buy orders to fill (never happened).

OTC trades often work better when exchange liquidity is severely lacking.
kazuki49

View Profile
October 19, 2015, 02:28:09 AM

Its not that easy in a very illiquid market, if you don't have the dosh to force it your way you sit and wait, when AEON was at 0.00006x I put buys at 0.00001x and 0.00002x, only rarely I bought higher when I had moments of doubt but I knew it would eventually get there and I was not wrong. I'm now sitting on small gains but will I dump it? no! I'm not after peanuts, I'm ready to hodl this for months and years, I want to see this stuff change the world and it will.
trollercoaster
Legendary

Activity: 1050
Merit: 1001

View Profile
October 19, 2015, 06:08:19 AM

Just be patient and the coins will cometh, the worst thing to do is sit and watch exchanges all day.
smooth
Legendary

View Profile
October 19, 2015, 02:49:20 PM
Last edit: October 19, 2015, 03:07:32 PM by smooth

Is anyone interested in doing a large block auction? I know several people who have complained about it being hard to get liquidity on Bittrex for more than a few thousand coins.

The idea would be some period (maybe 24 hours) where large block buyers and sellers (maybe 25k minimum or some other number) would place coins in escrow and then bid over the course of the auction for highest/lowest price. At the end of the auction trades that match would execute at the same price. Coins that don't trade would be returned of course.

We'd have to get interest from both buyers and sellers for this to make sense.

newb4now

Activity: 686

View Profile
October 20, 2015, 03:23:55 AM

Is anyone interested in doing a large block auction? I know several people who have complained about it being hard to get liquidity on Bittrex for more than a few thousand coins.

The idea would be some period (maybe 24 hours) where large block buyers and sellers (maybe 25k minimum or some other number) would place coins in escrow and then bid over the course of the auction for highest/lowest price. At the end of the auction trades that match would execute at the same price. Coins that don't trade would be returned of course.

We'd have to get interest from both buyers and sellers for this to make sense.

I am interested in an auction like this (buyer)
dEBRUYNE
Legendary

Activity: 2268
Merit: 1141

View Profile
October 20, 2015, 09:50:24 AM

Interested as well. (buyer)

Privacy matters, use Monero - A true untraceable cryptocurrency
Why Monero matters? http://weuse.cash/2016/03/05/bitcoiners-hedge-your-position/
smooth
Legendary

View Profile
October 20, 2015, 11:23:49 PM

(buyer)

(buyer)

This seems to be the problem. Maybe some sellers will show up but so far every effort I've made both privately and publicly to try to create larger block liquidity has failed for lack of sellers.
americanpegasus (OP)

View Profile
October 21, 2015, 03:04:42 AM

(buyer)

(buyer)

This seems to be the problem. Maybe some sellers will show up but so far every effort I've made both privately and publicly to try to create larger block liquidity has failed for lack of sellers.

I think sellers are expecting an unreasonable price for their AEON.  Which is fine, if they believe in it long term then perhaps they should hold onto it, but it's frustrating when people offer large blocks and don't accept above market price offers for it. 

I think currently (and I probably shouldn't even say this yet because I don't own any AEON) we should expect that at a minimum Polo will eventually pick up AEON and the price will jump up, even if Smooth only makes minor improvements from here on out.  It's probably a pretty good place to park some small-time speculator assets.  On the other hand, the network doesn't need people parking money into it - it needs people playing with it and transacting with it.

Pages: « 1 2 3 [4] 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 ... 96 »
  Print  

Jump to: