Bitcoin Forum
May 24, 2024, 11:46:53 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 [27] 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 56 57 58 59 60 61 62 63 64 65 66 67 68 69 70 71 72 73 74 75 76 77 ... 189 »
  Print  
Author Topic: Bank or Bitcoin Wallet?  (Read 230401 times)
Yakamoto
Legendary

Activity: 1218
Merit: 1007

View Profile
January 12, 2016, 01:09:39 AM

Why not have the best of both worlds and keep whatever you need in the bank and something on a bitcoin wallet so you could use whatever you need when the occasion arises?

That is what people are doing. I sometimes wonder if there could be banks which run with bitcoins , I mean you can deposit bitcoins there and get withdraw as bitcoins too. It would be really crazy idea but will be a future revolution Tongue .

IMHO, Banks should not be involved/emerged with Bitcoins as it will bring in centralization as they will keep all records and by some means, will also produce them to the governments if they ask them to provide...
Yes, banks in future will become as bitcoin exchanges. It may accept bitcoins as part of their deposit/withdraw functionalities. But will track how many bitcoin you transact.

If bank acquire bitcoin as part deposit. Again bank will try earn from that like putting charges and taxes in between bitcoin transfer. So better be with bitcoin wallet.
That's one of the huge pluses of Bitcoin, you have the power to hold your Bitcoin and keep it safe without the need for there to be a bank there to keep it safe.

We already have technical transaction fees right now, but you're right, banks like to charge a fee whenever something has to move, so it is likely banks would try to exploit this portion of Bitcoin and utilize it for their gain.
Slark
Legendary

Activity: 1862
Merit: 1004

View Profile
January 12, 2016, 01:13:57 AM

Bitcoin without regulations make it unsafe when you compare with banking system. But 2008 - 2011 crises show us nowhere is safe...  Huh
At this point I have seen more Bank failures then bitcoin. Money stored in Banks are not 100% yours to begin with. Citizens of Cyprus and Greece learned this truth the hard way.
I don't want to be another victim of approaching economic crisis when my money will be grabbed to fix national economy or something.
And crisis  will come, sooner or later and hit harder than the last one in 2009.
foxbitcoin

Activity: 593
Merit: 250

View Profile
January 12, 2016, 01:21:09 AM

Bitcoin without regulations make it unsafe when you compare with banking system. But 2008 - 2011 crises show us nowhere is safe...  Huh
At least we trust our Bitcoin wallet if knowing how to keep the private key safe. The problem is that ppl are so ignornant to learn and adopt this new currency.
My opinion is that we still cannot live without banks. We still need to spare some cash in the banks accouts to pay some bills.
fuathan

Activity: 1092
Merit: 520

Aleph.im

View Profile
January 12, 2016, 01:36:39 AM

At least we trust our Bitcoin wallet if knowing how to keep the private key safe. The problem is that ppl are so ignornant to learn and adopt this new currency.
My opinion is that we still cannot live without banks. We still need to spare some cash in the banks accouts to pay some bills.

Maybe 20 years later banking system leave its place to crypto transaction systems. Besides, transactions in banking system already very similar to cryptocurrency transaction.  Grin
Smita

Activity: 15
Merit: 0

View Profile
January 12, 2016, 01:39:30 AM

it seems for me that having my money in a bank is safer than having it all invested in bitcoins , even if the future of bitcoins looks brights they are still somewhat " younger " and they still need to be reglemented
RyanX

Activity: 140
Merit: 100

fastdice.com The Worlds Fastest Bitcoin Dice

View Profile WWW
January 12, 2016, 08:47:41 AM

it seems for me that having my money in a bank is safer than having it all invested in bitcoins , even if the future of bitcoins looks brights they are still somewhat " younger " and they still need to be reglemented

In the future, you can also save money in a bank when bitcoin becomes so popular that banks will use bitcoin in business.

gkv9
Legendary

Activity: 1246
Merit: 1000

!!! RiSe aBovE ThE StoRm !!!

View Profile
January 12, 2016, 09:06:40 AM

Bitcoins are almost 6 years old and you say they are younger???
The technology has developed a lot and so the value and adoption...
Once, there was a time Satoshi was struggling to get a user base for Bitcoins, which was once an experiment and currently is life of many people who are living on it...
Banks are not even safer, because if you check history, most private banks sink and go bankrupt themselves and people lose too much that they even commit suicide...
At least that's not the case with BTC as you possess them all on your own, whatever will happen to your coins, you will be responsible for the same...

wisecoin

Activity: 81
Merit: 10

View Profile WWW
January 12, 2016, 12:10:36 PM

There are many services that enable the payment of bills with bitcoin. You should check up for example https://www.cashila.com/

IMHO, Cashila is the closest we can currently get to "bitcoin banking".

PRINCIPLE NETWORK  ❘|❘ Main ❘|❘ World Cup 2018 Prediction Competition
Ryananda

Activity: 812

View Profile
January 13, 2016, 02:35:40 AM

We will continue to rely on bank until whenever. Bitcoin with banks have different functions according to me. At the bank we can borrow money but in bitcoin as far as I can not borrow money. Maybe if bitcoin with the bank work together it would be better
avw1982

Activity: 644
Merit: 500

View Profile
January 13, 2016, 02:48:25 AM

Why not have the best of both worlds and keep whatever you need in the bank and something on a bitcoin wallet so you could use whatever you need when the occasion arises?

That is what people are doing. I sometimes wonder if there could be banks which run with bitcoins , I mean you can deposit bitcoins there and get withdraw as bitcoins too. It would be really crazy idea but will be a future revolution Tongue .

IMHO, Banks should not be involved/emerged with Bitcoins as it will bring in centralization as they will keep all records and by some means, will also produce them to the governments if they ask them to provide...
Yes, banks in future will become as bitcoin exchanges. It may accept bitcoins as part of their deposit/withdraw functionalities. But will track how many bitcoin you transact.

If bank acquire bitcoin as part deposit. Again bank will try earn from that like putting charges and taxes in between bitcoin transfer. So better be with bitcoin wallet.
That's one of the huge pluses of Bitcoin, you have the power to hold your Bitcoin and keep it safe without the need for there to be a bank there to keep it safe.

We already have technical transaction fees right now, but you're right, banks like to charge a fee whenever something has to move, so it is likely banks would try to exploit this portion of Bitcoin and utilize it for their gain.
That's quite cool dude. I am already on saving the bitcoins only dude. This is much better to get high profit by bitcoin in this time especially instead depositing in bank wait for interest. Have a good luck to u too dude. Smiley
yoona

Activity: 493

Live by your own rules

View Profile
January 13, 2016, 02:56:46 PM

what you will chose amomg them.and why do the banks are afraid of bitcoin.why banks are not much smooth and faster like bitcoin.if banks start accepting bitcoin as payments then will it became a revolutionary for us?can bank can solve our mining or money curculation probems.
"what you will chose amomg them" i cant answer this,banks and bitcoin wallet are two different thing,for past three years and this year,i think i choose both,bitcoin wallet and bank account alwasy relate for me.
agustina2
Legendary

Activity: 2436
Merit: 1008

View Profile
January 13, 2016, 03:09:06 PM

Bitcoin and Bank has different type of system. There are lots of advantages if we use bank and with the lots of strong banks today, I can say bank can't be replaced by any type of financial system.

Bitcoin has lots of advantages too and will have more lots of good features in the future. So both have lots of advantage and at the same time lots of disadvantages.

So it's a tie.
dhimasnk

Activity: 546
Merit: 500

View Profile
January 13, 2016, 03:23:42 PM

I opted for the temporary storage of bitcoin, but if the long-term storage I still choose a bank because it is safer

BUY LOW/SELL HIGH
24/7 TRADING BOT  GUNBOT  THE AUTOMATIC PROFIT GENERATOR FOR POLONIEX
LIMITED EDITION NOW AVAILABLE FOR KRAKEN AND BITTREX  My bitcoin address: 37xyZGoqmkeTTatsWcnFJS4iL4xdE4Cuia + wex.nz codes at Peermarketer@gmail.com
dk8218

Activity: 56

View Profile
January 13, 2016, 03:35:58 PM

bitcoin always.. because bank transaction are too much slow... whereas btc can be transferred easily, fast, safe and anonymous anywhere in the world..and there are too much reasons why banks don't start accepting btc..
 because fiats also have their own value.. and it's physical thing..
and what is need of bank to accept btc..
blockchain is also a big bank for btc... same works... safe deposit.. anywhere online transaction and now there are ATM machine alos for btc...
and so far that day is no longer far that bank will start accepting btc..
edoncoin

Activity: 21

View Profile
January 13, 2016, 07:46:06 PM

what you will chose amomg them.and why do the banks are afraid of bitcoin.why banks are not much smooth and faster like bitcoin.if banks start accepting bitcoin as payments then will it became a revolutionary for us?can bank can solve our mining or money curculation probems.

bitcoin wallet
Ryananda

Activity: 812

View Profile
January 14, 2016, 03:50:16 AM

bitcoin always.. because bank transaction are too much slow... whereas btc can be transferred easily, fast, safe and anonymous anywhere in the world..and there are too much reasons why banks don't start accepting btc..
 because fiats also have their own value.. and it's physical thing..
and what is need of bank to accept btc..
blockchain is also a big bank for btc... same works... safe deposit.. anywhere online transaction and now there are ATM machine alos for btc...
and so far that day is no longer far that bank will start accepting btc..
This modern digital era is indeed a matter of speed that will win, because they are controlled by different robot with the banks that are still using manpower matter the speed is still limited in terms of service. I do not know why bank / government does not want to cooperate with bitcoin, if they are willing to cooperate would be very beneficial to me
Umworpol

Activity: 123
Merit: 100

View Profile
January 14, 2016, 04:50:21 AM

I will use both , they need to be both to be usefull .
hendra147

Activity: 644
Merit: 509

View Profile
January 14, 2016, 04:58:17 AM

because bank have a regulation to adopt bitcoin
bitcoin is decentralization, goverment can't control it,

anyway I will use both of them
for me my  first choice is Bank
because without bank, we can't life, the money circulation controled by Bank,
also we must think again about "Tax" (because No tax in Bitcoin World) , it's very important to build infrastructure in each country
enhu
Legendary

Activity: 2492
Merit: 1018

View Profile
January 14, 2016, 05:21:17 AM

because bank have a regulation to adopt bitcoin
bitcoin is decentralization, goverment can't control it,

anyway I will use both of them
for me my  first choice is Bank
because without bank, we can't life, the money circulation controled by Bank,
also we must think again about "Tax" (because No tax in Bitcoin World) , it's very important to build infrastructure in each country

Don't give the government the chance to tax bitcoin, they're already taxing fiat which i think is enough.
Normally they gather information and can easily freeze your bitcoin when things go awry. it just defeat the purpose of being decentralized.

██████████ BitcoinCleanUp.comDebunking Bitcoin's Energy Use ██████████
██████████                Twitter#EndTheFUD                 ██████████
BeGoods
Legendary

Activity: 1372
Merit: 1008

View Profile
January 14, 2016, 05:35:07 AM

there are advantages and disadvantages bitcoin without regulation, I prefer without  regulation, because there is no governing the use of bitcoin
when compared with the bank system, for example there is a financial crisis your bank account could be frozen while, in contrast with bitcoin Cheesy
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 [27] 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 56 57 58 59 60 61 62 63 64 65 66 67 68 69 70 71 72 73 74 75 76 77 ... 189 »
  Print  

Jump to: