Bitcoin Forum
May 30, 2024, 09:16:28 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 [2] 3 »  All
  Print  
Author Topic: Can This Super-fast Camera be Used to Crack the Bitcoin Code?  (Read 2615 times)
LiteCoinGuy
Legendary

Activity: 1148
Merit: 1010

In Satoshi I Trust

View Profile WWW
October 06, 2015, 03:13:40 PM

Interesting. But how would that possibly 'crack the bitcoin code'?

He probably implies that this camera has to have a very strong processor in order to push these frames. Then would this processor be able to crack Bitcoin code as he said?

if that is the point OP wants to make:

lol!

Gleb Gamow
In memoriam
VIP
Legendary

Activity: 1428
Merit: 1145

View Profile
October 06, 2015, 03:22:00 PM

I see? Have several cameras set up so to track the Byzantine generals' runners, thus having a baring as to who's gonna crack the code first, then snatch the results. Genius! The only problem I see is that when this ideal gets out, the battlefield would then be populated with paparazzi disabling the movement of the runners, thus, again, further increasing the difficulty.
spazzdla
Legendary

Activity: 1722
Merit: 1000

View Profile
October 06, 2015, 03:27:04 PM

I see? Have several cameras set up so to track the Byzantine generals' runners, thus having a baring as to who's gonna crack the code first, then snatch the results. Genius! The only problem I see is that when this ideal gets out, the battlefield would then be populated with paparazzi disabling the movement of the runners, thus, again, further increasing the difficulty.

LMAO, perfect response.
Legendary

Activity: 1106

View Profile
October 06, 2015, 04:12:55 PM

Camera have a features to solved the code and crack it, wow Shocked it's lol.
maybe it will be can use for revealed who is the flash Cheesy

Well bitcoin code is open source https://github.com/bitcoin/bitcoin Cheesy
odolvlobo
Legendary

Activity: 4326
Merit: 3247

View Profile
October 06, 2015, 04:32:45 PM
Last edit: October 06, 2015, 04:54:01 PM by odolvlobo

You are simply in denial. Nobody is talking about breaking any of the laws of nature, the universe, or physics. The idea of a camera that could be made to photograph light waves was an impossibility a decade ago. Now we have it. Why can't we trick nature into breaking the Bitcoin code in a similar way?

LOL. Think about it for a second. If cameras could not photograph light waves a decade ago, then what did they photograph?

Also, the camera being discussed here does not work the way people think it works. Do you know why wagon wheels look like they are turning backwards in old movies? That is how this camera works.

For some perspective, according to New York Times writer, John Markoff, “If a bullet were tracked in the same fashion moving through the same fluid, the resulting movie would last three years.”

And they would have to fire a billion bullets.

Join an anti-signature campaign: Click ignore on the members of signature campaigns.
PGP Fingerprint: 6B6BC26599EC24EF7E29A405EAF050539D0B2925 Signing address: 13GAVJo8YaAuenj6keiEykwxWUZ7jMoSLt
johnyj
Legendary

Activity: 1988
Merit: 1012

Beyond Imagination

View Profile
October 06, 2015, 04:39:20 PM
Last edit: October 06, 2015, 10:48:48 PM by johnyj

This is cheating  Cheesy

At first I thought: How is this possible when the speed of CMOS/CCD signal generation is much slower than the speed of light???

Then I watched the video, they were not capturing the whole process of light traveling through that bottle of water, but many different light traveling through the same bottle of water  and combined different snapshots together to make an animation

Guido
Legendary

Activity: 1061
Merit: 1001

View Profile
October 06, 2015, 04:45:52 PM

@BADecker

very interesting links
thanks

I am Bonkers BTW
Crypto OG
        +
Digital Artist
Guido
Legendary

Activity: 1061
Merit: 1001

View Profile
October 06, 2015, 04:54:27 PM

checked out the video

that was published 2 years ago!!

wonder what they have now???

a week is a long time in technology

I am Bonkers BTW
Crypto OG
        +
Digital Artist
tiggytomb
Legendary

Activity: 1848

View Profile
October 06, 2015, 05:07:49 PM

I was quite curious when I saw the header, I was thinking how on Earth can a camera crack the Bitcoin code then I read the op.  Think a new Subject line would be more relevant, although the camera is pretty cool.
notbatman
Legendary

Activity: 2212
Merit: 1038

View Profile
October 06, 2015, 05:30:26 PM

No.. just no.

Two problems I have with that image, they imply the Sun is a sphere with their Dyson's Sphere power source when it's actually a concave disk, they re-enforce that the idea that the Sun is a massive object when it's only 32 miles across and their Bitcoin symbol is an upside-down cross. However, the point they make about the virtual impossibility of cracking Bitcoin is all good. I just don't like the agenda they seem to be pushing/re-enforcing subliminally.
Ceizer54

Activity: 196
Merit: 100

View Profile
October 06, 2015, 05:49:09 PM

Ok so you are saying this camera is superfast and can take trillion of frames per second and as mentioned in your post can slow down the event so that normal human can see what actually has happened like in case of light but i still doesn't understand from your post how can this help in cracking the bitcoin code?
All the previous attempts have been failed and i seriously doubt someone at the MIT can code something like that to crack the bitcoin code Smiley
dothebeats
Legendary

Activity: 3654
Merit: 1353

CoinPoker.com

View Profile
October 06, 2015, 06:39:18 PM

Ok so you are saying this camera is superfast and can take trillion of frames per second and as mentioned in your post can slow down the event so that normal human can see what actually has happened like in case of light but i still doesn't understand from your post how can this help in cracking the bitcoin code?
All the previous attempts have been failed and i seriously doubt someone at the MIT can code something like that to crack the bitcoin code Smiley

Given that the camera can slow down a single event up to a trillion frames per second, then OP assumed that these special cameras have some super-fast processors, capable of doing complex mathematical computations required to crack bitcoin.

bitbollo
Legendary

Activity: 3276
Merit: 3518

Nec Recisa Recedit

View Profile
October 06, 2015, 07:36:49 PM

the camera can "create" trillion of frames from one single shot...
truly interesting for photo amateur, but even you can't try to crack the bitcoin code (what you want break like blockchain? wallet? doublespending? create a fork?), the sw can operate in this way, doesn't mean it can make in a single second "trillion" of operations...
Even we can't caught the difference between this photo... likewise some electron has inverted the spin Tongue

███████████████████████████
███████▄████████████▄██████
████████▄████████▄████████
███▀█████▀▄███▄▀█████▀███
█████▀█▀▄██▀▀▀██▄▀█▀█████
███████▄███████████▄███████
███████▀███████████▀███████
████▄██▄▀██▄▄▄██▀▄██▄████
████▄████▄▀███▀▄████▄████
██▄███▀▀█▀██████▀█▀███▄███
██▀█▀████████████████▀█▀███
.Duelbits.
..........UNLEASH..........
THE ULTIMATE
GAMING EXPERIENCE
DUELBITS
FANTASY
SPORTS
████▄▄█████▄▄
░▄████
███████████▄
▐███
███████████████▄
███
████████████████
███
████████████████▌
███
██████████████████
████████████████▀▀▀
███████████████▌
███████████████▌
████████████████
████████████████
████████████████
████▀▀███████▀▀
▬▬
VS
▬▬
████▄▄▄█████▄▄▄
░▄████████████████▄
▐██████████████████▄
████████████████████
████████████████████▌
█████████████████████
███████████████████
███████████████▌
███████████████▌
████████████████
████████████████
████████████████
████▀▀███████▀▀
/// PLAY FOR  FREE  ///
WIN FOR REAL
..PLAY NOW..
notbatman
Legendary

Activity: 2212
Merit: 1038

View Profile
October 06, 2015, 08:46:46 PM
Last edit: October 07, 2015, 05:42:14 AM by notbatman

I believe the OP is trying to imply that one of the technology's spin-offs (seeing around corners) can be used to snag paper wallets and on-screen keys being viewed by users.

Correct?
Nancarrow

Activity: 492
Merit: 500

View Profile
October 06, 2015, 09:28:19 PM

Two problems I have with that image, they imply the Sun is a sphere with their Dyson's Sphere power source when it's actually a concave disk, they re-enforce that the idea that the Sun is a massive object when it's only 32 miles across and their Bitcoin symbol is an upside-down cross. However, the point they make about the virtual impossibility of cracking Bitcoin is all good. I just don't like the agenda they seem to be pushing/re-enforcing subliminally.

This response is such a perfect match to the intellectual level of the OP, I'm in awe.

If I've said anything amusing and/or informative and you're feeling generous:
1GNJq39NYtf7cn2QFZZuP5vmC1mTs63rEW
jonald_fyookball
Legendary

Activity: 1302
Merit: 1004

Core dev leaves me neg feedback #abuse #political

View Profile
October 07, 2015, 02:03:23 AM

they re-enforce that the idea that the Sun is a massive object when it's only 32 miles across 

The sun is only 32 miles across?

Ehhhhh NO.

More like 80,000 miles across.

christycalhoun

Activity: 378
Merit: 250

View Profile
October 07, 2015, 03:15:18 AM

I doubt a cluster of those camera's processors could even crack bitcoin's code.

Soros Shorts
Donator
Legendary

Activity: 1617
Merit: 1012

View Profile
October 07, 2015, 04:42:50 AM
Last edit: October 07, 2015, 05:02:09 AM by Soros Shorts

You are simply in denial. Nobody is talking about breaking any of the laws of nature, the universe, or physics. The idea of a camera that could be made to photograph light waves was an impossibility a decade ago. Now we have it. Why can't we trick nature into breaking the Bitcoin code in a similar way?

Smiley

Because you won't have enough photons of light to perform your trick? You need at least one photon for each possible solution. There are plenty of photons in the universe, but you'd be hard pressed to find even a fraction of 2^256 photons on earth within your life span.
Quickseller
Copper Member
Legendary

Activity: 2884
Merit: 2327

View Profile
October 07, 2015, 04:52:45 AM

The camera would most likely need some kind of ASIC (Application Specific integrated-circuit) to process that many frames every second. But instead of calculating SHA-256 hashes the ASIC associated/attached to that camera will need to process whatever video format the camera is taking video with (eg .mp4, ect.).

The ASIC associated with that camera can be equated to a miner with a mining capacity of 1 TH/s, which is really not all that impressive. Although power consumption is not mentioned in the YouTube video, I do not doubt that the camera (and the ASIC to process all the frames) is going to eat up a lot of power, probably more then 500 watts per hour which would make it less efficient then the 2nd newest generation of Bitcoin miners out there
odolvlobo
Legendary

Activity: 4326
Merit: 3247

View Profile
October 07, 2015, 05:19:08 AM

The camera would most likely need some kind of ASIC (Application Specific integrated-circuit) to process that many frames every second.

Ok, I recommend that you read the article to see how it is actually done. Nobody is processing a trillion frames per second. The camera is not even recording a trillion frames per second.
It’s impossible to directly record light so the camera takes millions of scans to recreate each image.

Join an anti-signature campaign: Click ignore on the members of signature campaigns.
PGP Fingerprint: 6B6BC26599EC24EF7E29A405EAF050539D0B2925 Signing address: 13GAVJo8YaAuenj6keiEykwxWUZ7jMoSLt
Pages: « 1 [2] 3 »  All
  Print  

Jump to: