Bitcoin Forum
June 25, 2024, 02:50:50 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: Looking to buy 1BTC today  (Read 539 times)
raqibmarvelous (OP)

Activity: 8
Merit: 0

View Profile WWW
October 08, 2015, 05:46:23 PM

Hello there,

I'm looking to buy 1BTC today via PayPal. Not really sure how this all works, I'm still very new to all of this.
samuray34amo

Activity: 210
Merit: 100

View Profile
October 08, 2015, 08:21:19 PM
Last edit: October 08, 2015, 08:49:11 PM by samuray34amo

Members in this forum won't sell their Bitcoin for Paypal funds unless you're a very trusted member. Read this https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=14632.0

You can try virwox though the fee is high.
bitcoin revo
Legendary

Activity: 1168
Merit: 1049

View Profile
October 08, 2015, 08:46:37 PM

Hello there,

I'm looking to buy 1BTC today via PayPal. Not really sure how this all works, I'm still very new to all of this.

Does PayPal allow withdrawing funds into a connected bank account? If so, you can do that and send bank funds for bitcoin (I'm sure there would be more people interested then).
Mickeyb

Activity: 798
Merit: 1000

Move On !!!!!!

View Profile
October 08, 2015, 09:55:56 PM

Members in this forum won't sell their Bitcoin for Paypal funds unless you're a very trusted member. Read this https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=14632.0

You can try virwox though the fee is high.

There was a guy here that sold for Paypal but held your BTCs for 7 days before releasing them. I don't know, I guess he would have waited until he withdrew the money to the bank account and then even if a buyer tried at charge back, this wasn't possible since there was no money in the PayPal account.

I don't know is the above possible but this was the only explanation to me why he held coins for 7 days. I don't know is he still active though?
Athertle

Activity: 252
Merit: 250

Go figure! | I'm nearing 1337 posts...

View Profile WWW
October 08, 2015, 09:58:16 PM

There was a guy here that sold for Paypal but held your BTCs for 7 days before releasing them. I don't know, I guess he would have waited until he withdrew the money to the bank account and then even if a buyer tried at charge back, this wasn't possible since there was no money in the PayPal account.

I don't know is the above possible but this was the only explanation to me why he held coins for 7 days. I don't know is he still active though?

It would probably suspend his PayPal account and force him to use VPNs/proxies/Tor to create new PayPal accounts, even if he had no money. I think it was probably just a misunderstand from his part that chargebacks could only happen from less than a week later. That's not true; it can happen from over months later, even 6 months+.

Mickeyb

Activity: 798
Merit: 1000

Move On !!!!!!

View Profile
October 08, 2015, 10:02:12 PM

It would probably suspend his PayPal account and force him to use VPNs/proxies/Tor to create new PayPal accounts, even if he had no money. I think it was probably just a misunderstand from his part that chargebacks could only happen from less than a week later. That's not true; it can happen from over months later, even 6 months+.

Yes, maybe he created new PayPal accounts all the times even though I see this as a too much of a hassle. Maybe he chose his customers wisely and this was just a precaution of his, if it happens.

Then again probably nothing of this has worked and he got many chargeback so he has stopped doing it, since he is not anymore around.
getmoremonline

Activity: 365
Merit: 250

View Profile
October 14, 2015, 06:16:17 AM

Hello there,

HI if your still looking for BTC let me know

yanka50

Activity: 168
Merit: 100

View Profile
October 14, 2015, 06:36:47 AM

I don't think anyone will sell BTC to newbie for paypal, let alone 1BTC or more.
Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: