Bitcoin Forum
May 09, 2024, 10:45:28 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: [1] 2 »  All
  Print  
Author Topic: ANTMINER S7 "availability" at bitmaintech.com (Batch 1 Pre-Order Opinions)  (Read 3110 times)
This is a self-moderated topic. If you do not want to be moderated by the person who started this topic, create a new topic.
UfoRia (OP)

Activity: 182
Merit: 100

View Profile
October 11, 2015, 06:09:35 AM

For some reason I can no longer quote or edit my posts, so I thought a thread no tied to BM would be useful since I will self-moderate it.

Should they offer refunds, difference between the pre-order B1 runs and B2/3 or some other appeasement? The current offer is after their "delay" window they will offer compensation that is laughable at best.

What would you like to see from BM?

Ufo

If I have been a help, my BTC donation address -> 1GUEqAzbMvwkY7hbb6bauhY6AkVoCSXDkp

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
"The nature of Bitcoin is such that once version 0.1 was released, the core design was set in stone for the rest of its lifetime." -- Satoshi
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
UfoRia (OP)

Activity: 182

View Profile
October 11, 2015, 06:14:54 AM

With the horrible "compensation" while they fix their pressings with using our gear to test, should they offer something besides their abysmal offerings at this point? Will they offer refunds or an acceptable compensation between B1 and the other batches since we know the B1 pressing is what prompted them to create B2/3?

Ufo

If I have been a help, my BTC donation address -> 1GUEqAzbMvwkY7hbb6bauhY6AkVoCSXDkp
bradli

Activity: 82
Merit: 10

View Profile
October 11, 2015, 09:06:44 AM

I have 1 s7 from 23 of september but it isnt work good.
It makes 4.45th. I ve paid a lot of btc include tax almost 10 btc and receive problem masnine.
I ve told them to declare less but they didnt do it.
So, 1823$÷4860=0.375 per gh.
Mine 4450×0.375=1668$
1823-1668=155$ and from the tax. About 200$.
So I want 200$ refund for this mashine.
I had 1 order more. I received from dhl that wait shipment. For me it delay .
So i ve want some refund and for second order from B1.
I hope they will be corect
torepia

Activity: 140

View Profile
October 11, 2015, 09:37:46 AM

This is how I feel.
murdito

Activity: 18
Merit: 0

View Profile
October 11, 2015, 10:28:00 AM

Correct is they made us batch 3 price or return full money for delay. The problem is of company not for us, they promise shipping before day 11 and today said us make us a hasheesh contract but we don't want hasheesh contract.

If they want repair the problem first must return us full money or make us a bonus of difference price of batch 3 and batch 1.

For me is a scam buy 1 month ago and no send in time and new batch is more cheaper than my batch. I think i will denounce to police if they not return me full money or return me difference between batch 1 and batch 3.

What do you think??
flikflak

Activity: 408
Merit: 259

View Profile
October 11, 2015, 03:45:04 PM
Last edit: October 11, 2015, 03:56:11 PM by flikflak

I can feel with you guys and I understand it very well. But please come down to earth again. It is quite ridiculous, why in hell should Bitmain ("must" like murdito said) return the full money before they are allowed to repair it?

- There are no refunds, all sales are final
- The procedure of the warranty is quite clear

Haven't you read anything before buying it? Do you get a full payback of USD 60'000 from your cardealer when your car needs a service?

Come on... don't make this another cry thread.
toni_maroni

Activity: 70
Merit: 3

View Profile
October 11, 2015, 04:51:41 PM

ok maybe, but i do a sale to a fixed time frame, they not handle the sale in this timeframe, there is no final sale, there is no valid contract

this is no warranty inquiry, this has nothing todo with a valid warranty if there is no valid sale
notlist3d
Legendary

Activity: 1456
Merit: 1000

View Profile
October 11, 2015, 05:02:29 PM

ok maybe, but i do a sale to a fixed time frame, they not handle the sale in this timeframe, there is no final sale, there is no valid contract

this is no warranty inquiry, this has nothing todo with a valid warranty if there is no valid sale

They did warn if it was X day's past it would be considered late.  They did not have any TOS that offered refund if late.   Everyone assumed they would be fair and do something like a coupon for a decent amount.  But they did not do this they surprised everyone.

Since they don't a TOS on being late they don't really break any contract.   Did they lose peoples trust? Possibly.  But makes sales not valid, no as they don't have any TOS even close to that.
toni_maroni

View Profile
October 11, 2015, 05:21:12 PM

Everyone assumed they would be fair.
and thats the point
there is only a hand of companys in bitcoin-business that had a little rest of trust,
and i thought bitmaintech is one of them.
but what i see here is the same strategy that all the other shit companys have, eat or die
i lost a lot of money in the one and other bitcoin-company and thought bitmaintech is a safe deal,
and so the disappointment for this compensation is big
notlist3d
Legendary

Activity: 1456
Merit: 1000

View Profile
October 11, 2015, 05:30:34 PM

Everyone assumed they would be fair.
and thats the point
there is only a hand of companys in bitcoin-business that had a little rest of trust,
and i thought bitmaintech is one of them.
but what i see here is the same strategy that all the other shit companys have, eat or die
i lost a lot of money in the one and other bitcoin-company and thought bitmaintech is a safe deal,
and so the disappointment for this compensation is big

And the key word there is assumed.  It was a assumption it would be fair, not a promise or a contract.  All they promised was after X date it is considered late.

They left it wide open to make it up to them.  I understand that it sucks, and really can see compensation is really low.  But when you talk about say refund's they did not do anything that they have to give refunds, or even great compensation as they made up the selling rules.   

So it is not nice but boils down to a business decision over customer happiness.  Will all these thread's change their mind? I doubt it but you never know.
flikflak

View Profile
October 11, 2015, 05:37:36 PM

Exactly!

@toni_maroni

There is no timeframe. Maybe you are referring to their:

"Shipping may start between Oct. 15 ~ 25 (if shipped out 10 days later than it, it won't be considered as delay)"

I knew that the first batch was overpriced and I waited a little more. It is quite normal that prices are going down with their next batches. I'm sure Bitmain will ship out (and that doesn't mean delivered) your miner within the next week and before batch 2+3 is shipped out (that will be in November).

PS: The warranty-thing is referring to murdito and is also discussed in another thread. I know what scam is (they dont deliver for months and mostly never will) and I dont think / want to mention Bitmain with real scammers. Because they deliver the gear and are quite honest with their products.

For example the S7 batch 2 is still within their +/- 5% range and is still a bit cheaper -> that is fair play to me.
hawkfish007

Activity: 895
Merit: 504

View Profile
October 11, 2015, 05:43:08 PM

I find it hard to believe that we are comparing Bitmaintech to KNC and such companies for being 1 to 7 days late of their targeted shipping window. I bet if they didn't revealed B2 and 3 prices, this situation wouldn't have arrived. I received my S7 ordered on Aug 30, but waiting on order placed on Sep 5 and 29. If I ordered everything as late as Sep 2, I would have received my miners on time. However, Bitmain should increase compensation to appease B1 buyers but it is totally up to them. I know I will pre-order their 16nm miner next year even if they don't provide any further compensation for S7, and many others will too. I hope all these bickering do not make Bitmain to stop selling to end users.

For quality risers, splitters or 133 CFM fans, please visit my eBay listings,
http://www.ebay.com/sch/hawkfish007/m.html?_ipg=50&_sop=12&_rdc=1
toni_maroni

View Profile
October 11, 2015, 06:00:45 PM

to many bitmain fanboys here, i give up.
my point is, this strategy is not fair and i am angry about there compensation, im done with this
sloopy

Activity: 700
Merit: 501

https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=905210.msg

View Profile
October 11, 2015, 06:17:20 PM

to many bitmain fanboys here, i give up.
my point is, this strategy is not fair and i am angry about there compensation, im done with this

You have it right Tony, you really do. On two points as a matter of fact:
1. There are way too many fanboys here who haven't had a bit of experience inside a real business who deals with other businesses and customers all over the world. If some of you had that experience you would know this is not how people should be treated and it does make a difference to tell them how you feel if you back that up with your money. Don't buy the next thing because they treated your fellow community members like shit. Don't support them, and stop licking their boots.

2. It is not right, what Bitmain have done is just as bad as other companies. They are displaying another lack of caring about the individual miners out here trying to make a go of it. Some of you decide to keep kissing their ass rather than support the people who are here supporting you every day. Hell, many of the fanboys do not even have a miner on order with Bitmain in batch 1 which blows my mind how they can argue for bitmain. People did speak out and expect things to be better than coupons, and even when they expected that and received less, they still back up bitmain. It is sad, and I take no solace in knowing the same thing will happen to them. IT doesn't make me feel any better knowing they will get ripped off in the future. Even worse, they will still lick the boots and say "yeah, it is ok bitmain, I understand, you like to take my money and play with it for a while. You can run my miner for a month or two before sending it to me. I don't mind."

You guys keep on being bitmains happy little foot soldier and keep helping them fuck the other people in this community because that is what you are doing. By defending or supporting them you are certainly not helping anyone except them, not even yourself, and much less your fellow miner. Oh I don't think there is an intentional action by any of these guys to help bitmain fuck people around, I think they are either too stupid, inexperienced, and maybe there are even a few who are too greedy, but most, just plain haven't lived in a real business world in their lives and think this is OK.

Past performance doesn't matter fuck all when the current situation is detrimental and the open actions are ignored, crap quality is shipped, and customer service is non existent.

Has anyone mentioned the fact that bitmain put that statement on the sales sheet because they knew there was a problem with delivery then? It is not a common thing to say "if we are x days behind then it will not be considered late". Do you boot lickers think they did that just for the hell of it this time?
Keep talking shit with eyes wide shut, if you have any decency it will still give you pause to look in the mirror and help you keep telling yourself how great it is you didn't have your money on the line but you can come tell us who are fucked over how we should feel about it.

Transaction fees go to the pools and the pools decide to pay them to the miners. Anything else, including off-chain solutions are stealing and not the way Bitcoin was intended to function.
Make the block size set by the pool. Pool = miners and they get the choice.
flikflak

View Profile
October 11, 2015, 06:31:17 PM

Well I dont agree. Im not a fanboy, I just said "they deliver the gear".

1. I know very well what a "real business" is and I'm maybe wise enough to know that the bitcoin-industy is not a common business at all. Because it is still nerd stuff you are buying. Today you cant call a few 10'000 miners as a mass production.

2. I agree with that, but I'm not thinking of calling Bitmain as bad as other companies (regarding to Bitmine and knc). <- maybe I misinterpreted that...

Swimmer63
Legendary

Activity: 1593
Merit: 1004

View Profile
October 11, 2015, 06:33:36 PM

There was a time Bitmain had competition and their service was a little more considerate.
But now they are the only company you can buy a miner from that MAY make a profit.
They essentially have a monopoly when it comes to small miners like ourselves.  There is no where else to go if we are unhappy and they know it.
So don't expect them to go out of their way to "do what is right."
Just know when you buy something from them that if a benefit is not explicitly in writing, it won't happen.
Cry about it all you want.  But they have no incentive to work hard for our good will.  Buyer beware.
sloopy

Activity: 700
Merit: 501

https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=905210.msg

View Profile
October 11, 2015, 07:11:28 PM
Last edit: October 11, 2015, 07:44:35 PM by sloopy

There was a time Bitmain had competition and their service was a little more considerate.
But now they are the only company you can buy a miner from that MAY make a profit.
They essentially have a monopoly when it comes to small miners like ourselves.  There is no where else to go if we are unhappy and they know it.
So don't expect them to go out of their way to "do what is right."
Just know when you buy something from them that if a benefit is not explicitly in writing, it won't happen.
Cry about it all you want.  But they have no incentive to work hard for our good will.  Buyer beware.

"Don't expect them to go out of their way to "do what is right"
Unfortunately, I have to agree. We cannot expect bitmain to do what is right.

Now if you are referring to me about crying about it, you are mistaking me stating my involved opinion for crying. I very much have a right to be pissed off at this company for their actions that we agree are wrong. I am personally impacted by their inability to work hard for good will and I plan to continue to call them out at every turn. I have every intention of placing a spotlight on this and I also have every right to do so. I ordered a miner in batch 1 and am a victim of their lack of doing the right thing. I plan to make sure this is discussed on a larger scale than what we have here.

I previously did expect them to do right. It is stupid to think there will not be competition again, because there will be another SPtech. There are other companies in the mining game who will take a leap at selling miners to the public.

We will see how far this lack of incentive to work hard for our good will gets companies when there is competition again. I have no doubt there will always be people who overlook, defend, and say whatever in these situations, they haven't lost anything, what do they care. I care even if I haven't been ripped off. I care because I would like to see something succesful happen here. IF this was about making a profit I wouldn't have bought the miners I have, and certainly wouldn't have purchased the S7, this is about being treated correctly and seeing my fellow community members, and this experiment in currency growing into something formidable. This ecosystem needs to be powered by people and companies who are less selfish and are part of the community, not leaching from it. We need partners in this effort, not companies where we are unable to expect them to make the right choices for themselves as a proper business.

We should have higher expectations of these companies, and especially bitmain.

For the gentleman calling this "nerd stuff", I respectfully disagree. This "nerd stuff" has the potential to be life changing for some extremely poor people around the world. I think many people fail to see how these decisions by bitmain are not only a lack of good will, but a sheer lack of even them caring about their own business, and not caring how they are portrayed in the media. This gives the media yet another example of how the bitcoin community is nothing but a bunch off druggies, scam artists, and rip offs. This shows them how we support such. How are people supposed to feel their money is safe in bitcoin when the only company where you can purchase the very thing that secures the network, well, that company doesn't care much about that, they have no concern about doing what is right, and what they do care about is instant gratification, among other things which certainly have little to do with customer service and reputation.

No one is saying this is a good thing, but we can have in-fighting regarding the severity of how bad it is. That in itself is confusing and speaks volumes to the outside world looking in.

Maybe more people could spend a minute thinking of why they are involved with bitcoin. I apologize, because I thought most of us are here to take part in making something better. Normally in my life that is the reason I take part in a project, to make it a better overall experience for all of us who care and want to possibly experience something which has the power to change our current way of thinking about currency. It all starts and ends with the small building blocks along the way.

I believe we have seen very few people who are happy with the few S7s which have shipped. Finally bitmain have admitted the issue publicly, but the plan to resolve it, and how they intend to complete the sale is not what I agreed to when I sent my money. If someone thinks I am unreasonable in my expectations, I think they should evaluate theirs.
I do expect to receive what I paid for without resorting to fine print being twisted and if that is the world some of you wish to live in then keep making those choices, and keep allowing that for yourself, but do not tell me I am wrong for expecting to be treated as any paying customer should be.

This is another building block for bitcoin, and if we want a successful bitcoin environment we must not only ask for it, but fight for it. Accepting it is now the status quo to be taken advantage of is not on my agenda, but I respect anyone else's right to be happy with low expectations. If you are happy with such, you have an S7 miner on order, and do not think there is anything to be done, hey that is your right. I will defend your right to be happy with such, but please respect my right to be extremely unhappy. Call it crying if you want, I call it reasonable dialog regarding something which could be a stepping stone in a life changing protocol. I hope you respect my right to voice concerns when my mining peers are treated as though they are nothing and do not matter.

Transaction fees go to the pools and the pools decide to pay them to the miners. Anything else, including off-chain solutions are stealing and not the way Bitcoin was intended to function.
Make the block size set by the pool. Pool = miners and they get the choice.
flikflak

View Profile
October 11, 2015, 07:18:39 PM

Agreed. I'm about to reconsider my opinion.
toni_maroni

View Profile
October 11, 2015, 07:43:00 PM

very big thank to sloopy,
i am not fluent in english and its hard for me to write all what i feel about this situation,
but sloopy can perfekt write what i think.
thx again
flikflak

View Profile
October 11, 2015, 11:30:50 PM

Actually I've had those thoughts with Bitcoin for a better world around two weeks ago. Thats why I agreed so quickly. Sloopy is absolutely right about that, there are a lot of people out there (middle and south america, north korean, africa ...) who really could use bitcoins for a better living and that we have to stick together.
Pages: [1] 2 »  All
  Print  

Jump to: