Bitcoin Forum
May 09, 2024, 09:31:35 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 [20] 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 »
  Print  
Author Topic: The $1 Million Dollar Bitcoin  (Read 25591 times)
WallSinger

Activity: 98
Merit: 10

Blocklancer Freelance on the Blockchain

View Profile
July 25, 2017, 12:37:36 PM

I think in 2020 we will see 10.000$ . It's realistic ! But I would like to see 30.000$.... 1 Million maybe in 20-30 years, but many things can be change in this period in the world....

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
"In a nutshell, the network works like a distributed timestamp server, stamping the first transaction to spend a coin. It takes advantage of the nature of information being easy to spread but hard to stifle." -- Satoshi
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
ladydark

Activity: 686
Merit: 500

View Profile
July 27, 2017, 07:58:00 AM

It's not going to happen, not even $10,000 in plenty of years. We might be lucky if we'll see the price go to $2000 as max ATH, which isn't that unreasonable after we manage to get more investor money on board. But at this point it's a million miles away  Wink
Bitcoin has already reached the ATH price of $2850 last month.Still its going to increase more after august 1.We could not be able to exactly predict when bitcoin price could reach $1,00,000 but on seeing the ever increasing demand for bitcoins and its mass adoption,it might be possible to reach in the near future.

SMSabuj

Activity: 602
Merit: 251

I am a professional Web Designer and Developer

View Profile
July 29, 2017, 07:15:14 PM

For 1 Bitcoin to be worth $1,000,000, the total market cap of Bitcoin would have to be $21 trillion dollars. What are the odds of this happening?

For reference, the amount of physical $dollars and coins in circulation are around $1.2 trillion. The global M2 money supply of all currencies are around $45 trillion. The market cap of all mined gold is around $7 trillion.

Will 1 Bitcoin be worth a million dollars? Half a million? Thoughts?

I think Bitcoin will pump so high. But, 1 Bitcoin = 1 Million or Half million is not possible on next 50 years. But I believe Bitcoin will reach $5000 shortly. And it will continue pump. And Bitcoin will cross the limit of my hope. Bitcoin is the Future.
CryptoBoomers

Activity: 168
Merit: 100

View Profile WWW
July 29, 2017, 07:54:56 PM

This recent breakout took the marketcap to 100B, rather easily and in an unexpectedly short amount of time.

For it to go from 100B to 1Trillion doesn't even seem that far fetched anymore.

Here's a few thoughts, what if:

* Smaller countries have bold leaders that decide to heavily go into BTC and other small/mid sized countries start to do the same.

* Smaller banks (or even central) start to hoard BTC (probably already happens on the low)

* Pairs start popping up for crypto on all traditional exchanges

* Billionaires start to notice the frenzy and play the markets (already happening)

* The Elite start to hoard (aka Rothschild's recent purchase)

* Compared to some markets out there, 100B is tiny.

1M per bitcoin seems as crazy today, as $1 did when it was worth a fraction of a penny, then when $1000 did when it was on par with the dollar..

findingthemoon

Activity: 252
Merit: 123

View Profile
July 29, 2017, 08:00:53 PM

This recent breakout took the marketcap to 100B, rather easily and in an unexpectedly short amount of time.

* Smaller countries have bold leaders that decide to heavily go into BTC and other small/mid sized countries start to do the same.

* Smaller banks (or even central) start to hoard BTC (probably already happens on the low)

* Billionaires start to notice the frenzy and play the markets (already happening)

1M per bitcoin seems as crazy today, as $1 did when it was worth a fraction of a penny, then when $1000 did when it was on par with the dollar..

$1000 was never crazy for a long term goal, it was only crazy to think it would shoot from 1 to 1000 in the space of a couple years. Right now $1M is crazy no matter what time horizon you look at, bitcoin doesn't have that much going for it or anything that would give it reason to have a marketcap of a trillion dollars.
deisik
Legendary

Activity: 3444
Merit: 1280

English ⬄ Russian Translation Services

View Profile WWW
July 29, 2017, 08:08:46 PM
Last edit: July 29, 2017, 08:27:58 PM by deisik

Only a few points in this list make sense (actually, just a lonely one)

First of all, market cap is a bullshit metric which is utterly misleading and deceiving as has been explained a lot of times. Billionaires as well as elites don't keep their wealth in money or even financial assets. The most valuable asset out there is power, and it can't be bought with money either. Central banks are unlikely to accept Bitcoin since they already have gold for hoarding and dollars for spending. Essentially the same pertains to governments and countries as whole. The only point in your list which is real and makes some sense is about regular exchanges starting to list Bitcoin, and even in that case they won't list Bitcoin as such (too risky) but rather Bitcoin derivatives like cash-settled futures and options or ETF securities (if the latter get approved, of course)

Coinmyjob

Activity: 448

MenaPay - Crypto made easier than cash

View Profile
July 29, 2017, 09:45:42 PM

I think in 2020 we will see 10.000$ . It's realistic ! But I would like to see 30.000$.... 1 Million maybe in 20-30 years, but many things can be change in this period in the world....
But what if the situation turns out to be quite different in time? The fact is that to date very many people start to believe in Bitcoin and save it for future prices. And the reality of the intention to store for a long time for several years can dozens. Can users actually see the official after years and years?

mamaya

Activity: 168

View Profile
July 29, 2017, 10:00:53 PM

I think 1 million is a dream that will probably never happen but I hope. $10k in 2020 is very realistic and I wouldn't be surprised it if it actually higher. By then we should be back to lower fees and a much more scalable bitcoin.
allispossible

Activity: 2
Merit: 0

View Profile
July 29, 2017, 10:16:37 PM

Re-posting part of my reply from BTC-E thread.

4) Even if all humans put all cash they had into come crypto coins - it would simply reshuffle existing crumbs mostly.

5) By understanding fears and manias such as greed, envy, cowardice, jealousy, etc aka knowing self and influence we humans can  enjoy our life on Earth.

6) If its not done fight for a crumbs continues, while very few withhold most resources including technological ones from most. Increasing pollution and rise  of fuck life attitude leads to end of human on Earth (not an overall end, yet a evolutionary setback)

If this text saved you $$$$$ you were going to spend on psychiatrist send tips to 1FCWF4qYMY78ZFfJxp6SLiD4XMfnTjFVrB. Min suggested tip 100 usd Smiley

Feel free to comment.
aaron2024

Activity: 38

View Profile
September 12, 2017, 12:39:30 AM

Not saying that will happen in the next 5 years, maybe not even in the next 10 years. But you guys have to remember that there are more millionaries in the world than the number of Bitcoins that will ever exist, so one million dollars per Bitcoin is quite possible.
RayvenPierre

Activity: 182

★Bitvest.io★ Play Plinko or Invest!

View Profile
September 12, 2017, 01:49:31 AM

For bitcoin to reach a million or even half a million dollars seems to be still very far from happening. If you are going to observe bitcoin's price trend including the major dips and increases it can be easily predicted that bitcoin will not reach half a million even in 100 years.

AdrienneRPayne

Activity: 5

View Profile
October 02, 2017, 05:30:36 PM

We can figure out how to make it $ 10,000. I think the batch application can lead to high prices. The present value of this period does not even increase, so why do people think that it will achieve high value
We can only hope, but I think the BTC price will be $ 9000 - $ 11000 maximum!
Hui8

Activity: 602
Merit: 259

View Profile
October 02, 2017, 06:02:50 PM

Just wait for the half of the population from the world to get into bitcoin and you will see what is the power of bitcoin really. I mean half of the population is around 300 billion and even if each if them out 10 USD in the bitcoin then we will have 3000 billion dollars of market and the market cap will be reached in no time. That explains how we will discover the price of bitcoin equal to one millions. Easy but that will take time for that much people to get it.
juicyjanet88

Activity: 81
Merit: 10

MFG Token Sale - 1st of January

View Profile
October 02, 2017, 06:07:09 PM

I think it is beyond far-fetched for bitcoin to ever reach 1m each. I think even a price of 100k is probably beyond the realistic expectations of most people, but far more likely.

kafeelniazi

Activity: 280

Organic PR on Tier 1 media

View Profile
October 02, 2017, 06:12:44 PM

I'm going to be optimistic and say 100k BTC by 2020 and 1 million by 2030. But honestly, Who knows what sort of disasters that Bitcion or the internet may face by then.
that disaster fact made me worried about its price, but I'm pretty sure that these disasters can't undo the price of bitcoin where it starts, so it's cool to be optimistic.

"Unlock Your Project's True Potential with Leading Media Exposure: Get Featured on Forbes, Coin Telegraph, USA WEEKLY & more – Gain Global Recognition and Skyrocket Your Success!"
boyshx

Activity: 574
Merit: 251

View Profile
October 02, 2017, 06:26:37 PM

For 1 Bitcoin to be worth $1,000,000, the total market cap of Bitcoin would have to be $21 trillion dollars. What are the odds of this happening?

For reference, the amount of physical $dollars and coins in circulation are around $1.2 trillion. The global M2 money supply of all currencies are around $45 trillion. The market cap of all mined gold is around $7 trillion.

Looking at your mathematical presentation here it seems impossible to me. But in terms of virtual currency it can hold that value and may not be possible to trade with the real currency becuase there won't be enough to trade against it. Banking system will go crazy if something like that happens in the first place. The chaos will actually happen when most of the investors will be dumping the bitcoin at the same time and leading to the pressure on banks for that much fiat to keep ready for them to pass on. Looks little complex in terms of how it will work.
salihno71

Activity: 420
Merit: 250

View Profile
October 02, 2017, 07:05:40 PM

No. 1 million is way too much. I'm quite sure it will reach 10000$ and above, but how much above it remains to be seen. Potentially 100000$ in not so distant future provided that nothing goes terribly wrong.
pitiflin

Activity: 980
Merit: 507

View Profile
October 02, 2017, 07:19:53 PM

The odds of uh., I don't know probably never? Seriously man market cap of 21 trillion dollars. Well for that happening just in case you need to wait for a few more decades.
And just in case,just if bitcoin capital crosses that of fiat and gold,the whole world economy may collapse financially. So its very much unlikely for such a thing to happen,too bad.

█
      ██
     ██
   ██ ██
 █ ██ ██
██ ██ ██
██ ██ ██
██ ██ ██
██ ██ ██
██ ██ ██

█
      ██
     ██
   ██ ██
 █ ██ ██
██ ██ ██
██ ██ ██
██ ██ ██
██ ██ ██
██ ██ ██
  B

▄▄▄▄▄▄
     ▄▄████████████▄▄
   ▄█████▀▀    ▀▀█████▄
  ████▀            ▀████
 ████                ████
▐███                  ███▌
███▌                  ▐███
▐███           ▄▄     ███▌
 ████         ▀███▄  ▐███
  ████▄         ▀███▄███
   ▀█████▄▄     ▄█████▀
     ▀▀████████████▀▀
          ▀▀▀▀▀▀
T 
.Better. Quick..

.Transparent....

▄████▄▄   ▄
█▄          ██████████▀▄
███        ███████████▀
▐████▄     ██████████▌
▄▄██████▄▄▄▄█████████▌
▀████████████████████
  ▀█████████████████
  ▄▄███████████████
   ▀█████████████▀
    ▄▄█████████▀
▀▀██████████▀
    ▀▀▀▀▀

▄█████████████████████████▄
███████████████████████████
███████████████▀       ████
██████████████      ▄▄▄████
██████████████    ▐████████
██████████            ▐████
██████████            █████
▀█████████████    ▐███████▀

▄▄████
              ▄▄████████▌
         ▄▄█████████▀███
    ▄▄██████████▀▀ ▄███▌
▄████████████▀▀  ▄█████
▀▀▀███████▀   ▄███████▌
      ██    ▄█████████
       █  ▄██████████▌
       █  ███████████
       █ ██▀ ▀██████▌
       ██▀     ▀████
                 ▀█▌
frowsiter

Activity: 714
Merit: 261

View Profile
October 03, 2017, 04:37:31 AM

It sounds very much fetched to me. I know we all believe in the crypto world and specifically on the bitcoin we have that trust which makes us think of it in different way than other currencies. But 1 million USD per bitcoin will not happen or at least the market cap will never reach that level. There is simple logic, people will always go crazy when the prices are hiked and they start selling their bitcoins for the fiat love. This drops the market cap heavily and then it has to cover that value again to recover that much market cap and again start from there onward. This cycle makes the incriminating order of bitcoin very slow and hence there won't be any time it's getting at one million.

innocent_one

Activity: 14

View Profile
October 03, 2017, 04:45:55 AM

I don't think it's possible for Bitcoin to hit 1 million dollar with this kind of pace and practice.
Gold has that much market capacity because it used all over the world so they consider mining it .
Like wise if all the financial department of every country were to be running on Bitcoin we could expect that kind of money to reach.
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 [20] 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 »
  Print  

Jump to: