Bitcoin Forum
May 01, 2024, 09:35:43 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Poll
Question: Should this be implemented?
Yes. - 7 (70%)
No. - 1 (10%)
Maybe in the future, but not now. - 2 (20%)
Total Voters: 10

Pages: [1] 2 »  All
  Print  
Author Topic: Signature Campaign section?  (Read 1261 times)
Athertle (OP)

Activity: 252
Merit: 250

Go figure! | I'm nearing 1337 posts...

View Profile WWW
October 12, 2015, 07:05:30 PM
Last edit: October 13, 2015, 10:22:46 AM by Athertle

I am tired of having to wade through countless signature campaign threads in the Services section; I would say the first couple pages would be roughly 60-80% signature campaign threads. The reason why this is bad is because those threads are constantly bumped by people joining, leaving, updates on payments, and/or updates on the signature campaign itself. People with personal services are constantly being pushed down by these signature campaigns, and, let's be honest, there are an absolute huge amount of them.

So what about if we created a signature campaign section? I can see maybe a few cons of this but personally, I think it's a good idea.

Opinions?

Edit: https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=1206905.msg12674501#msg12674501

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
There are several different types of Bitcoin clients. The most secure are full nodes like Bitcoin Core, which will follow the rules of the network no matter what miners do. Even if every miner decided to create 1000 bitcoins per block, full nodes would stick to the rules and reject those blocks.
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
DailyModo

Activity: 812
Merit: 1000

www.gamebet.gg

View Profile
October 12, 2015, 07:07:51 PM

Yes a subforum will great for advertising campaigns so users who offer other services can get attention to their service threads, right now most of the threads in first page on service forum are signature/advertising campaigns threads

Betting on esports with crypto's and steam items has never been easier.
CONTACT
dailymodo@gamebet.gg @GamebetGg
erikalui
Legendary

Activity: 2632
Merit: 1094

View Profile WWW
October 12, 2015, 07:14:24 PM

This section was asked for before as well and the MODs said that since there are maximum 20-25 threads in that section, a separate sub section isn't required.

However, I do believe that we should have a sub section for it as these threads keep coming up while threads wherein people post individual tasks or promote their services get pushed to the 2nd or 3rd page within an hour or two which is unfair to them.

minifrij
Legendary

Activity: 2324
Merit: 1267

In Memory of Zepher

View Profile WWW
October 12, 2015, 07:17:29 PM

Considering there's only about 10 open campaigns max at any one time I don't think there is enough to warrant a completely new subsection being added. If there are a lot more in the future, maybe, but not right now.
Sir_lagsalot

Activity: 392
Merit: 251

View Profile
October 12, 2015, 08:40:09 PM

A subform would GREAT. I'm not sure sig campaigns even fit in "services", as they aren't really a service, they just pay you.
snipie
Legendary

Activity: 3136
Merit: 1140

#SWGT CERTIK Audited

View Profile WWW
October 12, 2015, 08:48:29 PM

I support this idea to have everything related to signature campaigns gathered in one place (announcements, twitter & fb compaigns, mitch topic, altcoins compaigns?, discussions about it...)
The only problem that I don't think we will see page 2 soon  Tongue

figmentofmyass
Legendary

Activity: 1652
Merit: 1483

View Profile
October 12, 2015, 08:54:00 PM

Considering there's only about 10 open campaigns max at any one time I don't think there is enough to warrant a completely new subsection being added. If there are a lot more in the future, maybe, but not right now.

i believe there are more than that. there are 20 listed here: https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=615953.0

my experience opening the Services forum is that i immediately notice that signature campaigns take up the majority of threads. i think if one looked at posts/thread, signature campaign threads would constitute the vast majority of activity in that forum.

i would definitely support a sub-forum for this. the Services forum is an eyesore.

tmfp
Legendary

Activity: 1932
Merit: 1737

"Common rogue from Russia with a bare ass."

View Profile
October 12, 2015, 09:04:57 PM

Yes I agree, it's a pretty unique and self contained subject that doesn't fit in Services very well.
You could also make it a rule for all sig campaigns that that's the only place you can post and get paid for too.
Well, you keep spam in its own can irl, don't you?
 Smiley

Extraordinary Claims require Extraordinary Evidence
Wapinter
Legendary

Activity: 2632
Merit: 1026

Hire me for Bounty Management

View Profile
October 12, 2015, 09:05:30 PM

I would also like to see a separate sub forum for signature campaigns.This will be convenient to all,new members looking for signature campaigns,members already part of such campaigns and watch the thread for update on campaigns and also to those who are running such campaigns.All in all its a good idea

SFR10
Legendary

Activity: 2996
Merit: 3414

Crypto Swap Exchange

View Profile WWW
October 12, 2015, 09:06:36 PM

I also support this proposal and it could be as follows: Bitcoin Forum > Economy > Marketplace > Services > Campaigns

Reasons:
1) The actual service threads located on the service section will get more attention instead of campaigns dominating this section
2) Less need for bumping threads (actual services offered) as they get to stay on the first page for longer time as supposed to the current standing
3) Less mixed up of services based on their purpose (Campaign section of service section would be for services that pay people and the service section it self would be for services that people pay to the person offering them)

█▀▀▀

█▄▄▄
▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀
e
▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄
█████████████
████████████▄███
██▐███████▄█████▀
█████████▄████▀
███▐████▄███▀
████▐██████▀
█████▀█████
███████████▄
████████████▄
██▄█████▀█████▄
▄█████████▀█████▀
███████████▀██▀
████▀█████████
▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀
c.h.
▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄
▀▀▀█

▄▄▄█
▄██████▄▄▄
█████████████▄▄
███████████████
███████████████
███████████████
███████████████
███░░█████████
███▌▐█████████
█████████████
███████████▀
██████████▀
████████▀
▀██▀▀
Hugroll

Activity: 756
Merit: 500

View Profile
October 12, 2015, 09:16:06 PM

i highly support this aswell is there a way we can have a vote on this, maybe put a poll on this thread?  Undecided
notlist3d
Legendary

Activity: 1456

View Profile
October 12, 2015, 09:21:54 PM

i highly support this aswell is there a way we can have a vote on this, maybe put a poll on this thread?  Undecided

I like the idea but it is pretty hard to get a new board.  It will take a LOT of support specifically from staff.  I once had a idea I thought that was good I think it was like coin section or something had a little support, but not near what it takes.

I suggest to get as many people as possible to agree (if they like it).  A poll is not a bad idea.  But getting staff on board is really the key I think, as it needs their support and time.
freedomno1
Legendary

Activity: 1806
Merit: 1090

Learning the troll avoidance button :)

View Profile
October 12, 2015, 10:23:25 PM

It would be worth a sub-level in my opinion as it helps to filter out Bitcoin Services from Signature campaigns and both contribute to the forum, having separate presences on the board would be useful to provide a noise filter, as the overview of sig campaign threads shows there are always new campaigns emerging and enough threads being bumped to warrant a new board to categorize them.

Believing in Bitcoins and it's ability to change the world
subSTRATA
Legendary

Activity: 1288
Merit: 1043

:^)

View Profile
October 12, 2015, 10:25:05 PM

It would be worth a sub-level in my opinion as it helps to filter out Bitcoin Services from Signature campaigns and both contribute to the forum, having separate presences on the board would be useful to provide a noise filter, as the overview of sig campaign threads shows there are always new campaigns emerging and enough threads being bumped to warrant a new board to categorize them.
i dont think a sub section just for sig campaigns would be big enough to warrant its creation, what about a more general forum-related services section? that could work.

theres nothing here. message me if you want to put something here.
jacee
Legendary

Activity: 1302
Merit: 1024

View Profile
October 12, 2015, 10:27:45 PM

I will support this one! I personally find it hard to browse through the service section for the kind of service that I have been looking for because the signature campaign thread are all in the top pages. The sig campaigns, twitter and all other that doesn't fit in the service section should be move in a sub if there will be any.
freedomno1
Legendary

Activity: 1806
Merit: 1090

Learning the troll avoidance button :)

View Profile
October 12, 2015, 10:31:23 PM

i dont think a sub section just for sig campaigns would be big enough to warrant its creation, what about a more general forum-related services section? that could work.

Either would work something like SFR10 Mentioned
Bitcoin Forum > Economy > Marketplace > Services > Campaigns

From Present Data that there are presently 14 Active Threads With 6 in Closed or in PYNC status that's 1/2 of signature campaigns or 20/40 spots on page one if all were bumped at one time.

I don't recall the data of how many simultaneous campaigns are ongoing historically but it tends to be stable at around that size from my recent memory of it.
https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=615953.0

Looking at the board 7/40 are related to sig campaigns at with the last ten bumps 5 out 10 being signature campaign threads.

Believing in Bitcoins and it's ability to change the world
Lauda
Legendary

Activity: 2674
Merit: 2965

Terminated.

View Profile WWW
October 12, 2015, 10:32:14 PM
Last edit: October 12, 2015, 10:54:48 PM by Lauda

No. There is no need to add specific sections for content that does not have that many threads. I won't bother counting the total number of active signature campaigns at the moment, but the number isn't certainly enough for them to deserve their own section (IMO). Sure, it would reduce the clutter as useless campaigns (i.e. posts in them) are pushing down actual services.

"The Times 03/Jan/2009 Chancellor on brink of second bailout for banks"
😼 Bitcoin Core (onion)
Athertle (OP)

Activity: 252
Merit: 250

Go figure! | I'm nearing 1337 posts...

View Profile WWW
October 13, 2015, 01:23:18 AM

I have added a poll with options that I think summarize what most people have been saying. Like I said, I understand the cons but IMHO the positives outweigh the negatives.

ANdr0id

Activity: 196
Merit: 100

View Profile
October 13, 2015, 01:43:56 AM

I would have to agree with your statement. There is a lot of posts regarding this question and a lot of newbies that do not know how to use the search function on this forum.
notlist3d
Legendary

Activity: 1456

View Profile
October 13, 2015, 01:49:29 AM

I have added a poll with options that I think summarize what most people have been saying. Like I said, I understand the cons but IMHO the positives outweigh the negatives.

You got a pretty good anwser already from Lauda.  It is not going to happen.

It really is hard to get a new thread or sub thread.  It is VERY rare that it actually happens.  A good example is look at the Philippines trying to get a subsection - https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=1112318.0 . It is a pretty good example of how it is not easy and takes lots and lots of support.  And they still have not got one.
Pages: [1] 2 »  All
  Print  

Jump to: