Bitcoin Forum
May 12, 2024, 03:23:25 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 2 [3] 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 »  All
  Print  
Author Topic: Why is Bitcoin better that fiat?  (Read 7897 times)
Rude Boy

Activity: 770
Merit: 500

View Profile
October 15, 2015, 03:02:16 PM

IMO, in fiat we have to pay some tax when we have/our income is more than the limit. But we don't need to pay even a single sat to hold lot of bitcoins. Because, bitcoins were anonymous and fiats were watched by banks(?)

what are you telling is correct but now all governments are taking steps to get details about bitcoin user and they are implementing bitcoin under law of tax and very soon who ever is holding bitcoins have to give details about all their wallets and declare and pay taxes.
I think, it cannot be controlled. Because, what if peoples starts using brain/paper wallte? And how they can track people using bitcoin wallet? Is that possible?

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
The network tries to produce one block per 10 minutes. It does this by automatically adjusting how difficult it is to produce blocks.
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
mark coins

Activity: 910
Merit: 1000

View Profile
October 15, 2015, 07:30:43 PM

bitcoin is also great for online purchases where you can't use cash and there is high credit card fraud.
randy8777
Legendary

Activity: 896

View Profile
October 15, 2015, 07:42:10 PM

it's mainly the freedom. you can own your money. you can send money instantly to anywhere in the world. you can send $100,000,000 without a single satoshi as fee.
traderbit

Activity: 798

View Profile WWW
October 15, 2015, 08:22:50 PM

It really depends on which field of life you want to use bitcoin or fiat.
For everyday use i prefer more fiat, as most of stores/merchants accepts this.
But i most deal in bitcoin especially for international transfers which makes it easier than banks and low tx fee.

Omikifuse
Legendary

Activity: 1750
Merit: 1009

View Profile
October 15, 2015, 08:33:22 PM

Because there are bigger fees and taxes with FIAT.

But I think if enough people know BTC things may change, sadly
VirosaGITS
Legendary

Activity: 1302
Merit: 1068

View Profile
October 15, 2015, 09:15:23 PM

I think BTC will be fine, FIAT is easy to regulate, BTC not so much, and if a government crack down on BTC use with their citizen, it will just make people turn to stealth services. I think people that get familiar with BTC then realize how much money they are losing to processors, fees and endless taxes.

▄▄█████▄▄
                    ▐████████████▄
                   ▄█▀▀▀▀▀▀▀██████▌
             █▄  ▄█▀           ▀▀█
              ▀▀▀███▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄   █▄   ▄

▄▀▀         ▀▀▀▀▀▀▀██▀▀▀
         ▄▄▄▄▄█▄▄ ▄▀▀▄ ▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄█▄▄▄▄
         ████▒▒███    ████▒▒████▌
    ▀█▄ ▀
███████▄ ███▒▒███      ██▒▒█████       ▀█▄
 ███████ ▀█▒▒████     ▄█▒▒█████▀         ▀█ ▄  ▄▄
  ██████  ▌▀▀█████▄▄▄███████▀▀            ███▄███▌
 █████████  █████▀▀█▀▀██████▌             ██████▀
 ▀█████████ ███▄  ███   ▐███▌ ▄██       ▄█████▀
     ▀▀    ▀▀███████████████▄▄████▄▄▄▄█▀▀▀▀▀
               ▀▀▀███▀▀▀      ██████▄
                               ▀▀▀▀▀

▄█████████████████████████████▄
███████████████████████████████
█████████▀▀█████████▀▀█████████
███████ ▄▀▀         ▀▀▄ ███████
██████                   ██████
█████▌     ▄▄     ▄▄     ▐█████
█████     ████   ████     █████
█████      ▀▀     ▀▀      █████
█████▄   ▀▄▄▄     ▄▄▄▀   ▄█████
████████▄▄▄█████████▄▄▄████████
 ▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀
█ █
█ █
█ █
█ █
█ █
trinaldao
Copper Member
Legendary

Activity: 1218
Merit: 1007

Post your ann & bounty just contact me

View Profile WWW
October 16, 2015, 06:36:06 AM

it's mainly the freedom. you can own your money. you can send money instantly to anywhere in the world. you can send $100,000,000 without a single satoshi as fee.

yeahhh you are right, true it
but not prefered,you will waiting for long time to get 1confirmation, if you want to send without fee
u can use xapo wallet

INVALID BBCODE: close of unopened tag in table (1)
RKing

Activity: 56
Merit: 0

View Profile
October 16, 2015, 07:36:47 AM
Last edit: November 01, 2015, 08:51:01 AM by RKing

We shall pay reasonable tax to support the society. I do not mind paying if the tax money is used properly.
TTMNewsMJ

Activity: 126
Merit: 100

View Profile
October 16, 2015, 07:38:38 AM

Bitcoin is the best currency ever.
You can use it in many ways.
zimmah
Legendary

Activity: 1106
Merit: 1005

View Profile
October 16, 2015, 07:39:24 AM

It's not about taxes, it's about inflation and the fact that bankers enrich themselves over the backs of everyone else by lending money they dont own, and than expecting not only the money itself "back"but also the interest over the money they never owned in the first place.

Furio
Legendary

Activity: 938

BTC | LTC | XLM | VEN | ARDR

View Profile
October 16, 2015, 08:33:27 AM

I beg to disagree on the you can buy everything part. I still can't buy groceries using bitcoin, and I find it rough because we can buy tech devices but not basic commodity. We still need merchants to accept bitcoin and not just users willing to spend.

Honestly, I'm trying to live with only bitcoin, but pizzas for almost everyday isn't healthy, and I can't pay rent with bitcoin.

Yes you can my friend, bitcoin debitcard, simple master or visa, so yes you can buy EVERYTHING with bitcoin, multiple solutions for it...

doublemore

Activity: 546

View Profile
October 16, 2015, 08:41:27 AM

This always comes pretty handy when you are trying to show someone why Bitcoin is the best form of money in the history of mankind:

The only reason Bitcoin isn't the 1# currency and store of value is because it lacks the marketing that violence backed currencies have. Gold has just centuries of existence and a huge network effect. Bitcoin is better money period, it's not even an argument.

Haha that chart is awesome i will be using that to link to newbies.  Over time fiat and gold become worse options, bitcoin has the chance of hack i guess but seems unlikey.
prodigy8

Activity: 532

View Profile
October 16, 2015, 08:57:05 AM

yeahhh you are right, true it
but not prefered,you will waiting for long time to get 1confirmation, if you want to send without fee
u can use xapo wallet

Or you can use coinbase and never think about the transaction fee,
Neither if it gets confirmed or not as always* it gets confirmed.
Yeah it is the freedom owning your own bank and manage your coins.
Snorek
Legendary

Activity: 1400
Merit: 1001

View Profile
October 16, 2015, 09:11:37 AM

Of course bitcoin is amazing, with all its amazing features there is even problem when to start. But I gotta agree that so far the best feature of bitcoin is lack of taxes. That is it. If you keep your bitcoin funds secret you don't have to pay taxes. I with it will stay this way forever.
RKing

Activity: 56

View Profile
October 16, 2015, 09:38:31 AM
Last edit: November 01, 2015, 08:44:37 AM by RKing

Of course bitcoin is amazing, with all its amazing features there is even problem when to start. But I gotta agree that so far the best feature of bitcoin is lack of taxes. That is it. If you keep your bitcoin funds secret you don't have to pay taxes. I with it will stay this way forever.

Bitcoin will be taxed like fiat when it is used more. Government will not miss any chance to raise more taxes. The government is too big.
QUEDOS

Activity: 37

View Profile
October 16, 2015, 12:59:38 PM

I think using a mixture of all value transfer technologies is where you really begin to enjoy the MAXIMUM benefits of the global economy.

Bitcoin doesn't have to destroy cash for it to be valuable. I think both work very well together and ultimately achieve the same end result of value transmission.

Bitcoin itself simply provides a leaner alternative to global remittance via traditional banking systems and, for the time being, value that is transmitted via the blockchain must be converted into fiat in order to be spent.

However, I think in the next 10 years as adoption increases you'll find that less and less people transfer value off the blockchain in order to spend/invest etc which will do alot to boost bitcoins price - but this wont benefit those that are using bitcoin as a currency, it will benefit those who are using bitcoin as a store of value

Hugroll

Activity: 756

View Profile
October 16, 2015, 01:05:15 PM

bitcoin is better than fiat because because sending big transactions online doesnt cost you big fees like 1% or something
rinhunter

Activity: 826

View Profile
October 16, 2015, 10:51:37 PM

may be easy in the deal, because it does not need to be
things that are not important as verification just as paypal
fkvidar

Activity: 924

View Profile
October 17, 2015, 12:36:52 AM

"I've been working on a new electronic cash system that's fully peer-to-peer, with no trusted third party."
http://satoshi.nakamotoinstitute.org/emails/cryptography/1/
bitsat alien

Activity: 121
Merit: 100

View Profile
October 17, 2015, 02:24:45 AM

bitcoin is better than fiat because because sending big transactions online doesnt cost you big fees like 1% or something
exactly, try transferring huge amount of Fiat , especially abroad, and see how is difficult and how much you got raped on the fees.
Pages: « 1 2 [3] 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 »  All
  Print  

Jump to: