Bitcoin Forum
June 16, 2024, 03:46:08 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 2 [3] 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 »  All
  Print  
Author Topic: Where do you see bitcoin in 10 years  (Read 15797 times)
Nasus

Activity: 168
Merit: 100

View Profile
October 22, 2015, 03:04:19 AM

I see it ran by a bank, What do you think?

Yes that would probably happen in the future and I think everyone would be using it in purchasing.
Nautiluss

Activity: 168

View Profile
October 22, 2015, 03:16:29 AM

I can picture it being used by many people specially the new generation that is going to be the one that will use it.
Nocturne

Activity: 154

View Profile
October 22, 2015, 04:58:31 AM

I can see a great future for the bitcoins.
I can see it being used in all parts of the world, used for purchasing or anything.
Cconvert2G36

Activity: 392
Merit: 250

View Profile
October 22, 2015, 05:00:38 AM

Wonder future has bitcoin. All new generations will be using in purchasing and sellings.

rjclarke2000
Legendary

Activity: 1358
Merit: 1016

View Profile
October 22, 2015, 05:30:09 AM

Are these all the same answers?? ^^
Erkallys
Legendary

Activity: 1120
Merit: 1004

View Profile
October 22, 2015, 09:17:57 AM

If I follow you, when Bitcoin mining will become unenomic, Bitcoin will surely die ? In 2050 or 2060, when there will have not a lot of Bitcoin mined at each block, no one will mine it because everyone, even the one that have free electricity will lose money. But maybe people will mine just to make the Bitcoin network work, like some are already doing by running Bitcoin nodes.

There are miners out there with access to free electricity or very, very cheap electricity. Those will still be in profit just fine whereas other current players will have to throw in the towel unless they can find a similar set up. That's a tough thing to find.

Most assume that transaction fees will make up for the block reward in the far future. That makes sense if it catches on and succeeds and there are far more users than there are now. I think at present fees are often 0.2 BTC per block or less. If it doesn't then mining it will become increasingly thankless as the block reward diminishes further. There'd come a point where it's only mined for altruistic reasons which most people aren't going to consider.

In a really far futur, when the block reward will be less than 1 BTC, no one will profit, since the price of the ASIC will never be recovered, even with free electricity.
LMGTFY

Activity: 644
Merit: 502

View Profile
October 22, 2015, 09:26:11 AM

Heh, I noticed that too! All from full members with usernames starting with an "N". Hmmm.

This space intentionally left blank.
LMGTFY

View Profile
October 22, 2015, 09:29:58 AM

If I follow you, when Bitcoin mining will become unenomic, Bitcoin will surely die ? In 2050 or 2060, when there will have not a lot of Bitcoin mined at each block, no one will mine it because everyone, even the one that have free electricity will lose money. But maybe people will mine just to make the Bitcoin network work, like some are already doing by running Bitcoin nodes.

There are miners out there with access to free electricity or very, very cheap electricity. Those will still be in profit just fine whereas other current players will have to throw in the towel unless they can find a similar set up. That's a tough thing to find.

Most assume that transaction fees will make up for the block reward in the far future. That makes sense if it catches on and succeeds and there are far more users than there are now. I think at present fees are often 0.2 BTC per block or less. If it doesn't then mining it will become increasingly thankless as the block reward diminishes further. There'd come a point where it's only mined for altruistic reasons which most people aren't going to consider.

In a really far futur, when the block reward will be less than 1 BTC, no one will profit, since the price of the ASIC will never be recovered, even with free electricity.

Erkallys, you don't think transaction fees will increase enough to compensate for the reduction in the block reward? (Gentlemand, you also seem sceptical - or at least not totally convinced. I've always taken it as a given, without giving it too much thought, that TX fees would be subject to market forces. I'd be interested in having my assumption challenged).

1Referee
Legendary

Activity: 2170
Merit: 1427

View Profile
October 22, 2015, 09:43:14 AM

I think by that time Bitcoin is being used more to store value and that there will be 1 global exchange that only has 1 orderbook. Just like the Nasdaq. Current exchanges will then only function as middle man making possible we're able to invest, but without the option to withdraw. Just like banks offer you to buy stocks.
dothebeats
Legendary

Activity: 3668
Merit: 1353

View Profile
October 22, 2015, 11:56:04 AM

Heh, I noticed that too! All from full members with usernames starting with an "N". Hmmm.

Those are bots that belong to a single entity. The names are name of champions in the game League of Legends.

--

I mostly see bitcoin ATMs scattered in major cities all around the globe. Merchants selling goods in exchange of bitcoins would be evident too. The future is bright, and not that gloomy as some expect it to be.
Erkallys
Legendary

View Profile
October 22, 2015, 12:01:19 PM

Erkallys, you don't think transaction fees will increase enough to compensate for the reduction in the block reward? (Gentlemand, you also seem sceptical - or at least not totally convinced. I've always taken it as a given, without giving it too much thought, that TX fees would be subject to market forces. I'd be interested in having my assumption challenged).

Maybe TX fees will cover the block reward diminution, but each block has a maximum capacity of transactions, so, in some time, Bitcoin will be stopped in his growth by his maximum block size ?
g-unit

Activity: 432
Merit: 250

View Profile
October 22, 2015, 12:10:30 PM

Even Satoshi said it that either there will be a lot of transactions in about 10 years or very few transactions. This you can translate to either Bitcoin will be worth a lot or nothing and of course either Bitcoin will be used by many or by nobody.

So this is pretty much your answer OP. I don't see it being somewhere in the middle at all!

Yepp that's it.Either this baby goes moon or higher, or it ends up in oblivion.Let's hope for the first one to happen!

He said 20 years, not 10.
LMGTFY

View Profile
October 23, 2015, 10:35:48 AM

Maybe TX fees will cover the block reward diminution, but each block has a maximum capacity of transactions, so, in some time, Bitcoin will be stopped in his growth by his maximum block size ?

Ah, understood. I'm still hopeful maximum block size will be increased before the heat death of the universe, but the participants in the debate do seem determined to prove me wrong!

Erkallys
Legendary

View Profile
October 23, 2015, 11:29:52 AM

Ah, understood. I'm still hopeful maximum block size will be increased before the heat death of the universe, but the participants in the debate do seem determined to prove me wrong!

I've never understood the Bitxoin XT thing. Maybe you could explain me ? Also can Bitcoin continue to grow without a block size increase ?
LMGTFY

View Profile
October 23, 2015, 11:34:20 AM

I've never understood the Bitxoin XT thing. Maybe you could explain me ? Also can Bitcoin continue to grow without a block size increase ?

I'm afraid not Sad It's way above my head. My instinct is that Bitcoin will reach a point beyond which it can't grow without a block size increase, but I can't say that with any certainty.

Pyr3x

Activity: 602

View Profile
October 24, 2015, 09:22:19 AM

I would love to walk into py-mart because by that time I plan to own a few businesses or more and spend bitcoin on everyday things.

[/quote]

█▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀█  █▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀█
█       P A X F U L       █  █        ЛУЧШAЯ P2P ПЛATФOPMA ДЛЯ CДEЛOК C БИTКOИHOM         █
█▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄█  █▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄█
isvicre

Activity: 826
Merit: 1000

View Profile
October 25, 2015, 05:27:03 PM

I see it as legal and acceptable payment method to be used in lot of markets and countries.
And at skyrocketed price because of limited supply.
newbie miner

Activity: 84
Merit: 10

View Profile
October 25, 2015, 05:29:09 PM

We’ll see another Bitcoin price bubble like we saw in 2013. The history of Bitcoin trading is a bubble, a correction, consolidation and another increase, It’s happened four times and it will happen again.
randy8777
Legendary

Activity: 896
Merit: 1000

View Profile
October 25, 2015, 05:39:31 PM

We’ll see another Bitcoin price bubble like we saw in 2013. The history of Bitcoin trading is a bubble, a correction, consolidation and another increase, It’s happened four times and it will happen again.

don't think we'll see another bubble very soon. people simply buy because there seem to be genuine demand as the block halving is near.
gentlemand
Legendary

Activity: 2590
Merit: 3014

Welt Am Draht

View Profile
October 25, 2015, 09:45:12 PM

Bitcoin's 'history' has been shat all over in the last couple of years. Anyone basing decisions on what it did in the past is a silly sausage considering how different things are now and how rapidly things can change. All this stuff is still being made up as it goes along.
Pages: « 1 2 [3] 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 »  All
  Print  

Jump to: