Bitcoin Forum
June 04, 2024, 02:35:18 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 [7] 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 »  All
  Print  
Author Topic: Where do you see bitcoin in 10 years  (Read 15796 times)
Junko
Legendary

Activity: 1512
Merit: 1000

View Profile
March 13, 2016, 05:24:36 AM

As far as bitcoin/blockchain technology, I think there will be many more apps and uses developed that will be useful to both the financial industry as well as for the common private users.

I think it will be similar to how the internet evolved from its early years of not that many maintream uses initially, to what it has developed into over the years. And just like the internet, there will be incredible uses and apps that no has even thought about yet. When the internet first came out who would have thought we would have or be able to do things we can do with it today?

Regarding bitcoin the currency, I think it will follow along with the technology. Meaning as more and more uses and apps are developed from the technology, bitcoin the currency will become more significant and valuable as a result.
nostal02

Activity: 112
Merit: 10

View Profile
March 13, 2016, 06:12:16 AM

In 10 years, most probably bitcoin would be in its almost perfect form, with fast transaction and maintaining its anonymity and decentralization...that would attract more and more investors to adopt it..

I believe that the devs are putting their strength to fix all know issue about bitcoin and if they can do that then no doubt that bitcoin will be perfect and will be used all around the world,lets just hope that the government wont do drastic measure about it.
Mr. Big
Global Moderator
Legendary

Activity: 2324
Merit: 1179

While my guitar gently weeps!!!

View Profile
March 13, 2016, 09:23:12 AM

It depends, if there is a good progress in it's technology, probably we will be seeing a good adoption in many countries,  but if certain problems arises again in the coming years and developers just let it, then its like a cancer, it will it up the whole system and probably bitcoin would be just another altcoin that vanishes..
fkvidar

Activity: 924

View Profile
March 13, 2016, 02:24:19 PM

It depends, if there is a good progress in it's technology, probably we will be seeing a good adoption in many countries,  but if certain problems arises again in the coming years and developers just let it, then its like a cancer, it will it up the whole system and probably bitcoin would be just another altcoin that vanishes..

Its not that easy that bitcoin will simply disappear in future, as we can expect it will be more powerful and popular in future as we will find more users investing their money into bitcoins, so I think it will be a more strong currency.
uki
Legendary

Activity: 1358

cryptojunk bag holder

View Profile
March 13, 2016, 05:57:14 PM

Banks will eventually develop and launch their own 'bitcoin'. They have invested lots of resources already in the blockchain technology.
It's just waiting now when they come with something new.

No retail bank has ever or will ever launch its own currency. That's not what they door what they're permitted to do. Blockchain technology will be used to make fiat usage slicker.
I also see things going into that direction. Adopting a bitcoin-like currency is still too difficult for a non-tech average Joe.

this space is intentionally left blank
BitcoinHodler

Activity: 1456
Merit: 578

HODLing is an art, not just a word...

View Profile
March 13, 2016, 06:17:49 PM

in 10 years i see bitcoin be used by many people, more than what we can even imagine right now. also a lot of other services will add bitcoin as an accepted currency to their website.
also the price because of all that would be above $2000

Holding Bitcoin More Every Day
phreaky

Activity: 546
Merit: 500

View Profile
March 13, 2016, 06:57:47 PM

in 10 years i see bitcoin be used by many people, more than what we can even imagine right now. also a lot of other services will add bitcoin as an accepted currency to their website.

Well it depends how it will come out. If bitcoin will have a good advertisement and more and more people start using it. I am sure the price would touch the sky.
It nothing happends then the price will probably stay around 200 dollars and go back to 1 dollar eventually.
makingwin1

Activity: 238
Merit: 100

View Profile
March 13, 2016, 07:29:34 PM

i agree with your opinion that most people will use it by that time though i cant agree with the fact that it will reach such price so soon

most probably it will be somewhere at 1000 as even now the price is pretty big even though there are not too much people interested in it
newcoins1978

Activity: 406
Merit: 250

View Profile
March 13, 2016, 08:10:41 PM

I think the bitcoin will be a lot bigger than every before globally, another thing what I see happen in 10 years is that big company's has stepped in.
Also most likely the price will be higher and stabler in my opinion.
uki
Legendary

cryptojunk bag holder

View Profile
March 13, 2016, 08:13:16 PM

A lot depends on the efforts spent on adoption of Bitcoin. If the majority of action in Bitcoin will be focused on pump and dump, then after some time people may simply get bored, and there will be not enough new people coming in to sustain further growth. Therefore, I would be careful with such a prediction. Yes, Bitcoin has a lot of potential, but that does not mean a guaranteed growth in the next ten years.

BitsandBites

Activity: 350

View Profile
March 13, 2016, 09:13:24 PM

In 10 years bitcoin should have reach a price around 3k.
And it should be adopted by all the big webshops in the world. I guess it will be a legal tender in 99% of the world too.
uki
Legendary

cryptojunk bag holder

View Profile
March 14, 2016, 02:22:14 PM

And it should be adopted by all the big webshops in the world. I guess it will be a legal tender in 99% of the world too.
If everything goes well. If not, then I am not sure we keep the current price level.

MaritiJames3

Activity: 448

View Profile
March 15, 2016, 09:51:05 AM

If everything goes well. If not, then I am not sure we keep the current price level.

Right now its not to predict if I'm honest because its just a matter of time before it will unwrap itself and its maybe more predictable.
The coming 10 years will be good for the bitcoin, for the price and also the fact that a lot more user will be using the bitcoin for sure.
eddie13
Legendary

Activity: 2296
Merit: 2262

BTC or BUST

View Profile
March 15, 2016, 09:56:33 AM

It will be everywhere!!

Chancellor on Brink of Second Bailout for Banks
diegz

Activity: 798

★YoBit.Net★ 350+ Coins Exchange & Dice

View Profile
March 16, 2016, 12:02:16 PM

It will be everywhere!!

Well, it depends upon those people who are using it, If it continues to be used as a tool to finance an illegal activity, I guess, we will not be known everywhere, as governments would do their best not to be laughed by criminals, and probably one of their actions is to ban bitcoin..

LMGTFY

Activity: 644
Merit: 502

View Profile
March 16, 2016, 12:10:40 PM

It will be everywhere!!

Well, it depends upon those people who are using it, If it continues to be used as a tool to finance an illegal activity, I guess, we will not be known everywhere, as governments would do their best not to be laughed by criminals, and probably one of their actions is to ban bitcoin..

Tool to finance illegal activity, you say?

At the height of the 2008 banking crisis, Antonio Maria Costa, then head of the United Nations office on drugs and crime, said he had evidence to suggest the proceeds from drugs and crime were "the only liquid investment capital" available to banks on the brink of collapse. "Inter-bank loans were funded by money that originated from the drugs trade," he said. "There were signs that some banks were rescued that way."

This space intentionally left blank.
RoommateAgreement

Activity: 770

Bazinga!

View Profile
March 16, 2016, 01:14:36 PM

it will depend on what happens this year. i am talking about the decission bitcoin developers have to make about the block size drama which has been going on for a very long time.
if it is fixed, bitcoin can move forward, otherwise it is unclear what can happen.

Buying the dip...
silentkiller

Activity: 210
Merit: 100

View Profile
March 16, 2016, 01:21:50 PM

i see it as the only payment method that will be use on the internet,and all the other payment option just like paypal will be patnering bitcoin as one.
Fabrizio89

Activity: 924

View Profile
March 16, 2016, 01:24:20 PM

I'd say somewhere around 7000$ would be adequate if things continue to go well and serious innovation is brought in this space
uki
Legendary

cryptojunk bag holder

View Profile
March 17, 2016, 07:46:40 AM

It will be everywhere!!

Tool to finance illegal activity, you say?

At the height of the 2008 banking crisis, Antonio Maria Costa, then head of the United Nations office on drugs and crime, said he had evidence to suggest the proceeds from drugs and crime were "the only liquid investment capital" available to banks on the brink of collapse. "Inter-bank loans were funded by money that originated from the drugs trade," he said. "There were signs that some banks were rescued that way."
yep, the argument  about the usage of Bitcoin by criminals is often raised by the opponents of Bitcoins or by banks who want to defend their position. The similar argument was recently used in the discussion against 500€ notes and about decreasing the height of the cash transactions.

Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 [7] 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 »  All
  Print  

Jump to: