Bitcoin Forum
May 05, 2024, 01:32:01 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 2 3 [4] 5 6 7 8 9 »  All
  Print  
Author Topic: $13,000 bitcoins by the end of 2016? $120,000 by 2018? (golden ratio fractals)  (Read 13756 times)
This is a self-moderated topic. If you do not want to be moderated by the person who started this topic, create a new topic.
zimmah
Legendary

Activity: 1106
Merit: 1005

View Profile
April 19, 2016, 11:24:37 PM

Quit interesting but  Huh

Quite*

Well I don't think it's possible but what was impossible before had already happened so, I don't know wether to believe in this speculation or not. What I amonly hoping is that and I think will happen anytime soon, bitcoin price will rise once again, might not be a rocket change but atleast there will be increament. Cheesy

it's not only possible, it's inevitable.  

If bitcoin catches on, since there's only 21 million coins, not everyone will be able to afford a full bitcoin. 1 bitcoin has to be an outrageous amount of money, too much for most persons to even afford. Otherwise we would have a paradox.  

You can't have 7 billion people each holding 1 bitcoin or even more than 1 bitcoin and at the same time having only 21 million bitcoin. Since we know 21 million is a hard limit, if bitcoin becomes popular it will be insanely expensive. So expensive that most people can only afford a few mills (1/1000th of a bitcoin) and some people might not even be able to afford that.

There are only two options:

1) Bitcoin catches on and becomes widely used around the world (it seems like this is in fact happening, although it will take a few more years to really catch on). And therefore bitcoin will become insanely expensive.  

2) Bitcoin will remain a nerd-club only permanently and the mainstream will only use fiat (or perhaps a different crypto, but for some reason not bitcoin). In this case the price will stabilize at best, and decrease at worst. I find this a very unlikely outcome, but it's possible.   

Remember that 20 years ago nobody even knew they wanted a mobile phone, common arguments were: I already have a phone at home or I don't want people to constantly bother me if i am going out/at work.

And the same thing with computers and the internet and the washing machine. You see the pattern?

People don't know they want it, but they want it, and once the realization kicks in, they will race to buy them.
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
Enjorlas

Activity: 788
Merit: 1000

View Profile
April 19, 2016, 11:50:50 PM

People don't know they want it, but they want it, and once the realization kicks in, they will race to buy them.

I agree with your points except that the 'them' in your quote could mean Litecoin, Ethereum, Lisk, Google Coin, Federal Reserve Coin, etc...
7788bitcoin
Legendary

Activity: 2282
Merit: 1023

View Profile
April 20, 2016, 12:29:12 AM

While the prediction of all time highs is exciting, could we also have the prediction for the lows in between so that I know when to buy before selling at the high poiints?  Grin Grin
zimmah
Legendary

Activity: 1106
Merit: 1005

View Profile
April 20, 2016, 01:41:32 AM

I agree with your points except that the 'them' in your quote could mean Litecoin, Ethereum, Lisk, Google Coin, Federal Reserve Coin, etc...

Sure, I never claimed Bitcoin is the only one, I just think it's the most likely candidate, but it's possible that another coin gets the favor of the masses. I personally doubt it though.
Fakhoury
Legendary

Activity: 1386
Merit: 1027

Permabull Bitcoin Investor

View Profile
April 20, 2016, 01:55:33 AM

Quit interesting but  Huh

Quite*

Well I don't think it's possible but what was impossible before had already happened so, I don't know wether to believe in this speculation or not. What I amonly hoping is that and I think will happen anytime soon, bitcoin price will rise once again, might not be a rocket change but atleast there will be increament. Cheesy

it's not only possible, it's inevitable.  

If bitcoin catches on, since there's only 21 million coins, not everyone will be able to afford a full bitcoin. 1 bitcoin has to be an outrageous amount of money, too much for most persons to even afford. Otherwise we would have a paradox.  

You can't have 7 billion people each holding 1 bitcoin or even more than 1 bitcoin and at the same time having only 21 million bitcoin. Since we know 21 million is a hard limit, if bitcoin becomes popular it will be insanely expensive. So expensive that most people can only afford a few mills (1/1000th of a bitcoin) and some people might not even be able to afford that.

There are only two options:

1) Bitcoin catches on and becomes widely used around the world (it seems like this is in fact happening, although it will take a few more years to really catch on). And therefore bitcoin will become insanely expensive.  

2) Bitcoin will remain a nerd-club only permanently and the mainstream will only use fiat (or perhaps a different crypto, but for some reason not bitcoin). In this case the price will stabilize at best, and decrease at worst. I find this a very unlikely outcome, but it's possible.   

Remember that 20 years ago nobody even knew they wanted a mobile phone, common arguments were: I already have a phone at home or I don't want people to constantly bother me if i am going out/at work.

And the same thing with computers and the internet and the washing machine. You see the pattern?

Quote from:  Satoshi Nakamoto
Feb. 14, 2010: I’m sure that in 20 years there will either be very large transaction volume or no volume.
Chef Ramsay
Legendary

Activity: 1568
Merit: 1001

View Profile
April 20, 2016, 03:19:06 AM

Gear up, the next 8 months are going to be amazeballs!
 Cool
The low level of 'profits' will be the interesting thing to witness on this next uptrend where people (chumps) sell for peanuts before realizing the ultimate end-goal and high - and so on. Selling a few coins for whatever profit (say, $1hun-200) on the way up will just be an lol. But, I get it, other parts of the world need that extra cash in their own right just to live. Yet they could live way larger if they could hold on.
piranha

Activity: 43
Merit: 0

View Profile
April 20, 2016, 03:30:19 AM

Your not the only one, who has predicted this sort of move. Google Cliff High Webot. The Webot called the last 200-400 run up, and it calling for 600+ BTC. Its predicted a big move for BTC, and Silver in tandem now. It has something to do with the economy, and what the Fed has done.  Webot talks about years in the future, and its all good for BTC, and it mentioned Etheruem doing well also. Pretty cool.. Here's the guys twitter, he sometimes post nuggets on there.

https://twitter.com/clif_high
Dafar
Legendary

Activity: 1330

dafar consulting

View Profile
April 20, 2016, 04:43:45 AM

Gear up, the next 8 months are going to be amazeballs!
 Cool
The low level of 'profits' will be the interesting thing to witness on this next uptrend where people (chumps) sell for peanuts before realizing the ultimate end-goal and high - and so on. Selling a few coins for whatever profit (say, $1hun-200) on the way up will just be an lol. But, I get it, other parts of the world need that extra cash in their own right just to live. Yet they could live way larger if they could hold on.

When are you gonna sell?

███████████
███████████████
█████████████████████
█████████████████████████
█████████████████████████████████
██████████████████████████████████
██████████████████████████████████████
███████████████░████░░███████████████████
██████████████░░█░░█░█░░█░░██████████████
██████████████░░█░░█░█░░█░███████████████
█████████████████████████████████████████
███████████▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀████████████
██████████████████████████████████
█████████████████████████████████
█████████████████████████
█████████████████████
███████████████
██████████
|
|
|
BitsandBites

Activity: 350
Merit: 250

View Profile
April 20, 2016, 01:35:48 PM

This would be a good thing for the people that want to sell their coins and make money but we have to be realistic here. This is not going to happen the difference between the price now and what you predict is just to big to be true.
Piladeer

Activity: 175
Merit: 100

View Profile
April 28, 2016, 07:30:48 PM

I think the price will rise 60% in the next 20 years. So in 2020, it will be 6 times present value. In 2030, it will be 720 times present value, or 280k.
bitebits
Legendary

Activity: 2211
Merit: 3178

Flippin' burgers since 1163.

View Profile
April 28, 2016, 08:04:52 PM

If the price of bitcoin rises to $13,000 by the end of 2016, most people in this forum will be quite happy.

I don't think so. The fast majority will have sold long before it reaches to any of those levels.

The ATH around ~1200$ is the perfect bear trap area, many will just be staring in disbelief to the seemingly unstoppable rising bitcoin price (because if it happens it will likely be because of some fundamental change in how Bitcoin is perceived). All it needs is a spark, any spark.

- You can figure out what will happen, not when /Warren Buffett
- Pay any Bitcoin address privately with a little help of Monero.
Biodom
Legendary

Activity: 3752
Merit: 3864

View Profile
April 28, 2016, 08:34:06 PM

On the stock market:
AAPL lost 50bil in market cap in 48hr
FB gained 24bil in 24hr
AMZN gained 32bil (in after-hours just now).

Bitcoin's market cap is just 6.5 bil, it is absolutely positively miniscule right now.
Those who think that large numbers are unattainable did not really think about it.
Is it 100%? No, but the fact that Larry Summers joined DCG today tells you something.

People will move into bitcoin once it would be easy to do (either through ETF or better wallets), and they will move en masse.
The absolute minimum for a smallish asset class is 1tril or about 50K/btc. Gold is a small asset class and it is 8 tril.
Luterwish

Activity: 28
Merit: 0

View Profile
May 03, 2016, 07:51:22 AM

I think the $13000 can be reached in 2026. If it is reached by the end of this year, the price will be $400 next year.
HarryKPeters

Activity: 896

Live Stars - Adult Streaming Platform

View Profile
May 03, 2016, 07:54:14 AM

No this is just not going to happen this year. We are not even in the thousands and people expect the price to be $13,000 this year that is just not realistic at all.
We have to be realistic here and focus on what the price really can be at the end of 2016.

spazzdla
Legendary

Activity: 1722

View Profile
May 03, 2016, 06:21:21 PM

No this is just not going to happen this year. We are not even in the thousands and people expect the price to be $13,000 this year that is just not realistic at all.
We have to be realistic here and focus on what the price really can be at the end of 2016.

If there is any sort of papa bear situation in the markets.. Bitcoin's new highs will be insane.

gentlemand
Legendary

Activity: 2590
Merit: 3013

Welt Am Draht

View Profile
May 03, 2016, 06:57:24 PM

On the stock market:
AAPL lost 50bil in market cap in 48hr
FB gained 24bil in 24hr
AMZN gained 32bil (in after-hours just now).

Bitcoin's market cap is just 6.5 bil, it is absolutely positively miniscule right now.
Those who think that large numbers are unattainable did not really think about it.
Is it 100%? No, but the fact that Larry Summers joined DCG today tells you something.

People will move into bitcoin once it would be easy to do (either through ETF or better wallets), and they will move en masse.
The absolute minimum for a smallish asset class is 1tril or about 50K/btc. Gold is a small asset class and it is 8 tril.

I wish this was stickied everywhere humanly possible. It constantly fries my mind how little perspective people here have.
Meuh6879
Legendary

Activity: 1512
Merit: 1011

View Profile
May 03, 2016, 07:08:22 PM

I think the $13000 can be reached in 2026. If it is reached by the end of this year, the price will be $400 next year.

miners have doing maths for you : not less than 5000 USD in 2030.

source : https://twitter.com/TuurDemeester/status/727105702775390208
Amph
Legendary

Activity: 3206
Merit: 1069

View Profile
May 04, 2016, 06:33:12 AM

it make sense, just double the value for each halving, 800 for this halving, 1600 for 2020, 3200 for 2024, and 6400 for 2028, now round it up to 5000-6000 and you have their estimate...
NordicRanger

Activity: 350
Merit: 250

View Profile
May 04, 2016, 08:18:12 AM

This is not happening in 2016 we are not even at $1000 so I am sure that $13,000 is not happening. And $120,000 in 2018 is also not happening it just is to unrealistic.
We have to be real here and focus on the real things speculating about these numbers is not going to help us.
Oasisman

Activity: 2604
Merit: 549

Rollbit

View Profile WWW
May 09, 2016, 08:51:53 PM

I think 10% of the predicted price could be reached if many people will use the bitcoin this year and in the future.

R

▀▀▀▀▀▀▀██████▄▄
████████████████
▀▀▀▀█████▀▀▀█████
████████▌███▐████
▄▄▄▄█████▄▄▄█████
████████████████
▄▄▄▄▄▄▄██████▀▀
LLBIT|
4,000+ GAMES
███████████████████
██████████▀▄▀▀▀████