Bitcoin Forum
April 25, 2024, 10:17:56 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 2 3 [4] 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 »
  Print  
Author Topic: bit pit - (LP, ESMPPS, 8-decimal payout, SSL, API, 0% fee, Almost 0% Stales!)  (Read 80555 times)
Synaesthesia

Activity: 546
Merit: 253

View Profile
June 20, 2011, 01:42:50 PM

Mining with bigger pools gets you much more regular income - mining with small pools is riskier.

Also this block may be way over 8770000 shares you know - that throws a wrench in your calculations.

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.
kakobrekla

Activity: 714
Merit: 500

Psi laju, karavani prolaze.

View Profile
June 20, 2011, 01:56:52 PM

Mining with bigger pools gets you much more regular income - mining with small pools is riskier.

Also this block may be way over 8770000 shares you know - that throws a wrench in your calculations.

Can you read? He posted 1.1 luck factor. Meaning 8770000*1.1 shares. If block would be found in that moment, I should be getting ~1.5 if things are fair, not .5. 300% difference. Fuck that.

lowentropy

Activity: 84
Merit: 10

View Profile WWW
June 20, 2011, 01:57:23 PM

50/877227*30000 = on average 1.7 btc. (actually over 31k)
My expected payout is 0.3 to 0.9 - depending on the last minute luck. (And current block luck factor is only 1.1)

Your calculation seemingly assumes we're a proportional pool, which we're not. Your old shares do not matter as much as your new ones. What counts is your hashrate vs. the total hashrate.

We actually have round 2 setup to use a slower decay factor, but we didn't feel comfortable changing the decay mid-round. Once we start round 2, it should be better.

So when you notice something is fucked you rather leave your users assraped than fixing the mistake asap and limiting the damage. There is a difference between users seeing their estimated reward wrong and getting payed wrong.

The scoring system is working as expected. Your variance in a small pool like ours will naturally fluctuate; as we grow your score will become more steady. But the scoring system is not a "mistake", it is working as designed. If you want a proportional reward, this is not the pool for you.

(Imagine being disconnected few min before block is solved!)

We acknowledge this is a concern, which is why we intend to decrease the decay factor next round. But we simply don't feel comfortable re-valuing everyone's shares in the middle of a round.

Mine @  <http://pool.bitp.it>
Chat with us @ irc://irc.freenode.net/#bitp.it
Learn more about our pool @ <http://forum.bitcoin.org/index.php?topic=12181.0>
Earthlite Organics

Activity: 56
Merit: 0

View Profile WWW
June 20, 2011, 01:58:21 PM

I signed up and added all 200-300 of my Megahashes, lol.

My other pool's site seems to go down every other day, trying this one on for size! Thanks.

kakobrekla

View Profile
June 20, 2011, 02:03:00 PM
Last edit: June 20, 2011, 02:19:55 PM by kakobrekla

Your variance in a small pool like ours will naturally fluctuate;

What the fuck does this has to do with anything. There is no variance since you solved 0 blocks. We are talking about solving 1 block. It doesnt even matter how big. What matter is im getting x/3 of my work acknowledged instead of x. You can easily verify this if you have basic understanding of how bitcoin and pools work - all data is available.

So this is fair?

We acknowledge this is a concern, which is why we intend to decrease the decay factor next round. But we simply don't feel comfortable re-valuing everyone's shares in the middle of a round.

Again, people will be less mad if they are shown wrong estimate and payed correctly than getting payed incorrectly. You said it yourself you will fix it - means you admit its a mistake/error/bug/fuckup (which you then deny).

Join in everybody and get payed from kakobreklas pocket!

Synaesthesia

View Profile
June 20, 2011, 02:23:22 PM

Your variance in a small pool like ours will naturally fluctuate;

What the fuck does this has to do with anything. There is no variance since you solved 0 blocks. We are talking about solving 1 block. It doesnt even matter how big. What matter is im getting x/3 of my work acknowledged instead of x.

So this is fair?

Yeah it's fair - your new hashes count more than your old hashes. What's unfair about that? A lot of pools use that method. As you say - you should continue mining until they find the block to maximise your payout.
kakobrekla

View Profile
June 20, 2011, 02:25:23 PM

"your new hashes count more than your old hashes"

WRONG. What you are doing is: Your old hashes are worth nothing. while Round duration: 9 days, 10 hours, 45 minutes, 47 seconds

"you should continue mining until they find the block to maximise your payout."

maximise your payout == not get absolute zero for your hard work

Ridiculous.

RedLine888

Activity: 236
Merit: 109

View Profile
June 20, 2011, 02:30:24 PM

Can you explain me what happened!

I have an account at your pool! I've being mining for several days but my PC restarted and when I reenter the pool I have no workers at all and no rewards at all also I have no e-mail address written and no wallet. When I reenter them and click update it says that it is already used by another user!

WTF?

Thanx
Synaesthesia

View Profile
June 20, 2011, 02:33:23 PM

Scary. I just emailed them and asked if there's a way to change the password.
kakobrekla

View Profile
June 20, 2011, 02:40:44 PM

I hope MultiPool comes and hops the pool on above average lenght rounds. Then we will see how cool your scoring method is.

lowentropy

View Profile WWW
June 20, 2011, 02:59:31 PM

I have an account at your pool! I've being mining for several days but my PC restarted and when I reenter the pool I have no workers at all and no rewards at all also I have no e-mail address written and no wallet. When I reenter them and click update it says that it is already used by another user!

WTF?

Thanx

I see you just emailed support, I am looking into this ASAP.

Scary. I just emailed them and asked if there's a way to change the password.

We were writing a password reset feature yesterday, actually, when the whole MtGox thing happened and basically derailed us Sad Expect it in the next few hours.

I hope MultiPool comes and hops the pool on above average lenght rounds. Then we will see how cool your scoring method is.

I think you misunderstand several things. First, it's not "our" scoring method, it was invented by Meni Rosenfeld (http://forum.bitcoin.org/index.php?topic=4787.0). Second, it was designed precisely to be immune to pool-hopping Smiley MultiPool's stated purpose is actually to raise awareness of pool-hopping and point out that proportional score systems are broken.

lowentropy

View Profile WWW
June 20, 2011, 04:20:44 PM

We were writing a password reset feature yesterday, actually, when the whole MtGox thing happened and basically derailed us Sad Expect it in the next few hours.

We've now rolled out a reset password feature. Just follow 'Change Password' in the top navigation bar.

We'll also be working on some other account administration basics, like a forgotten password feature, and the ability to re-label and delete your workers.

Thanks everyone! ~26 GH/s now!

kakobrekla

View Profile
June 20, 2011, 05:42:07 PM

that proportional score systems are broken.

Including yours. Dont be an assholes and fix it already (like you said you will, but dont fucking wait and fuck me over).

luffy

Activity: 607

View Profile
June 20, 2011, 06:24:33 PM

a little bit of politeness is good for a forum, other forums are banning users that use the "f" word! Cheesy
i would like to see more statistics, like top miners and pool's luck, something like that Smiley
kakobrekla

View Profile
June 20, 2011, 06:28:54 PM

And id like to se f*word fair payments.

TheSeven

Activity: 504

FPGA Mining LLC

View Profile WWW
June 20, 2011, 07:59:24 PM

WTF?

Thanx

This sounds like your browser logged you out (by losing session cookies during the reboot), but still tries to access your dashboard page.
If this is true, it is nothing to worry about, just log out and back in, and it should work again. Should be fixed on the server side though so that it just shows you the login page instead of a non-working dashboard.

My tip jar: 13kwqR7B4WcSAJCYJH1eXQcxG5vVUwKAqY
Tx2000

Activity: 182
Merit: 100

View Profile
June 20, 2011, 08:05:29 PM

Block is being pesky.
TheSeven

Activity: 504

FPGA Mining LLC

View Profile WWW
June 20, 2011, 08:08:38 PM

"your new hashes count more than your old hashes"

WRONG. What you are doing is: Your old hashes are worth nothing. while Round duration: 9 days, 10 hours, 45 minutes, 47 seconds

"you should continue mining until they find the block to maximise your payout."

maximise your payout == not get absolute zero for your hard work

Ridiculous.

While a score-based payment might be fair once there are short rounds and pool hashrate is relatively stable during each block, it definitely is largely unfair to the early adopters right now, who basically get paid for way less than half of their work, compared to proportinal.
The reason for this is that the pool hashrate has rised by a huge factor during the current block, which makes a score based payment unfair by design (favoring the late-joiners), especially if there is a ridiculously fast decay (100 times as fast as neccessary to make pool hopping unattractive).

This will obviously annoy all those beta testers who tried to help you fix all the rough edges and basically lost like a week of mining reward because of this, compared to what they would have earned if they would have mined for another pool (no matter whether it's a pps/scrore/proportional one).
Changing the decay rate for this round wouldn't even fix this problem, the only possible solutions to this are either switching the first round to proportional (pool hopping is not a concern here) or paying some bonus to the beta testers.

My tip jar: 13kwqR7B4WcSAJCYJH1eXQcxG5vVUwKAqY
lowentropy

View Profile WWW
June 20, 2011, 09:33:32 PM

Changing the decay rate for this round wouldn't even fix this problem, the only possible solutions to this are either switching the first round to proportional (pool hopping is not a concern here) or paying some bonus to the beta testers.

While early testers had their expected payout decrease over the weekend (due to more miners joining the pool), the flipside is that the round will now be over sooner. Additionally, we plan to reward beta testers in other ways...

We're a zero-fee pool and we're going to stay that way, so to cover costs we plan to offer a-la-carte add-ons. Any add-on we create will be free for those beta testers forever.

Tx2000

Activity: 182
Merit: 100

View Profile
June 20, 2011, 10:31:35 PM

We're a zero-fee pool and we're going to stay that way, so to cover costs we plan to offer a-la-carte add-ons. Any add-on we create will be free for those beta testers forever.

Curious.

Any hints to some potential add-ons?
Pages: « 1 2 3 [4] 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 »
  Print  

Jump to: