May 30, 2024, 10:40:13 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Poll
Question: Viᖚes (social currency unit)?
like - 27 (27.6%)
might work - 10 (10.2%)
dislike - 17 (17.3%)
prefer tech name, e.g. factom, ion, ethereum, iota, epsilon - 15 (15.3%)
prefer explicit currency name, e.g. net⚷eys, neㄘcash, ᨇcash, mycash, bitoken, netoken, cyberbit, bitcash - 2 (2%)
problematic - 2 (2%)
offending / repulsive - 4 (4.1%)
project objectives unrealistic or incorrect - 10 (10.2%)
biased against lead dev or project ethos - 11 (11.2%)
Total Voters: 98

Pages: « 1 [2] 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 ... 62 »
  Print  
Author Topic: [neㄘcash, ᨇcash, net⚷eys, or viᖚes?] Name AnonyMint's vapor coin?  (Read 95218 times)
This is a self-moderated topic. If you do not want to be moderated by the person who started this topic, create a new topic.
TPTB_need_war (OP)

Activity: 420
Merit: 262

View Profile
October 25, 2015, 03:02:35 PM

Perhaps with a clarification to the average consumer:  ION: Self-banking made easy

Ah yes I had forgotten that was one of the reason I had stated I liked it, "i-on" or "i-own", meaning for "i' control the switch. I think that point was in my other thread (or maybe it was a private Bitmessage). My memory of the past weeks and months is a fog.

I added i-on as a name choice to the poll. It could be considered an alternative spelling for 'ion'. I registered i-on.me ($9) and i-on.space ($2).

My thinking is that 'ion' means nothing to your average person. My gf had no clue what an 'ion' is. She said she knows 'iron'. When I explained it can be associated with electric discharge such as when you get a spark from your finger to a metal object, then she understood but still it didn't really carry much meaning for her that would cause her to associate 'ion' with anything to do with money or payments.

I asked what 'i-on' means and she said, "I on it". So I said, "you mean like you can turn on that light switch" and she said "yeah". So I asked her does that mean she is in control, and she nodded her head. I asked if she would prefer 'i-own' and she said no. I guess it doesn't sound as nice. And if you control something, then you effectively own it.

Also in decentralized money we are trying to convey the concept that the control is at the ends of the network— the End-to-end principle.

I am not sure if this is the best possible name we could think of. I may prefer i-on to ion (I-on to Ion). Make your thoughts known in the poll please. If you want to change your vote and can't then please post in the thread, so we can tabulate your change.

I continue to brainstorm for a better name.

Seriously what is the best name in crypto? Bitcoin? Nah we just got used to it.

smooth
Legendary

Activity: 2968
Merit: 1198

View Profile
October 25, 2015, 03:06:10 PM

It is probably Monero. The only objection it ever gets is from English speakers (mostly Americans I guess) who don't like that it sounds foreign, like a Taco chain or something. Other than that little bit of xenophobia, it is nearly perfect in that it evokes money in many languages and doesn't sound too geeky nor like a rip off (aka every ___coin after Bitcoin). Bitcoin isn't bad though, considered on its own.

TPTB_need_war (OP)

View Profile
October 25, 2015, 03:06:15 PM

From the results of this poll so far you are losing/alienating your audience.

I love it when Monero folks start FUDing polls and other veiled attempts to control public opinion. Then they accuse other coins such as Dash of manipulating the investors. The kettle black.

smooth
Legendary

View Profile
October 25, 2015, 03:07:46 PM

I love it when Monero folks start FUDing polls and other veiled attempts to control public opinion. Then they accuse other coins such as Dash of manipulating the investors. The kettle black.

Nobody's controlling anything. A lot of people are telling you to change your approach in that poll. Ignore them if you like, but don't kill the messenger.
TPTB_need_war (OP)

View Profile
October 25, 2015, 03:26:36 PM

It is probably Monero.

Well I can understand that someone would think that "please send me 5 moneros" works well in general and even for the general public if they associate it with "money" or "euro".

I believe many USA persons would say it sounds Mexican and you want some tacos or chalupas. They may even think of lowrider cars and other "sleazier" side of culture of the USA. I mean it doesn't likely connote high-tech. It sounds more cultural than technology.

Also for me personally Monero was a better name before their community started Moanerring in every thread. They ruined it for me. Whether their facts were true or not, the issue from my perspective was the apparent anal need to always be in control. They weren't comfortable with letting other people do their own thing and then the free market sort it out.

Any way back on the name without considering the impact of the community on a name's reputation, I just asked my gf what monero means to her. She said nothing. She didn't associate it with money nor with euro.

Now in Europe maybe Monero gets some association with money given the Euro?

I think perhaps you all were thinking that "Mone" associates with "money". But the "ero" can dominate since it is more striking, thus what does "mon" associate with?

monachism
monachisms
monacid
monacids
monad
monadal
monadelphous
monades
monadic
monadism
monadisms
monadnock
monadnocks
monads
monandries
monandry
monarch
monarchal
monarchial
monarchic
monarchical
monarchically
monarchies
monarchism
monarchisms
monarchist
monarchists
monarchs
monarchy
monarda
monardas
monas
monasteries
monastery
monastic
monastically
monasticism
monasticisms
monastics
monatomic
monaural
monaurally
monaxial
monaxon
monaxons
monazite
monazites
monde
mondes
mondo
mondos
monecian
monecious
monellin
monellins
moneran
monerans
monestrous
monetarily
monetarism
monetarisms
monetarist
monetarists
monetary
monetise
monetised
monetises
monetising
monetization
monetizations
monetize
monetized
monetizes
monetizing
money
moneybag
moneybags
moneyed
moneyer
moneyers
moneygrubbing
moneygrubbings
moneylender
moneylenders
moneymaker
moneymakers
moneymaking
moneymakings
moneyman
moneymen
moneys
moneywort
moneyworts
mongeese
monger
mongered
mongering
mongers
mongo
mongoe
mongoes
mongol
mongolism
mongolisms
mongoloid
mongoloids
mongols
mongoose
mongooses
mongos
mongrel
mongrelization
mongrelizations
mongrelize
mongrelized
mongrelizes
mongrelizing
mongrels
mongst
monicker
monickers
monie
monied
monies
moniker
monikers
moniliases
moniliasis
moniliform
monish
monished
monishes
monishing
monism
monisms
monist
monistic
monists
monition
monitions
monitive
monitor
monitored
monitorial
monitories
monitoring
monitors
monitorship
monitorships
monitory
monk
monkeries
monkery
monkey
monkeyed
monkeying
monkeypod
monkeypods
monkeys
monkeyshine
monkeyshines
monkfish
monkfishes
monkhood
monkhoods
monkish
monks
monkshood
monkshoods
mono
monoacid
monoacidic
monoacids
monoamine
monoaminergic
monoamines
monobasic
monocarboxylic
monocarp
monocarpic
monocarps
monochasia
monochasial
monochasium
monochord
monochords
monochromat
monochromatic
monochromatically
monochromaticities
monochromaticity
monochromatism
monochromatisms
monochromator
monochromators
monochromats
monochrome
monochromes
monochromic
monochromist
monochromists
monocle
monocled
monocles
monocline
monoclines
monoclinic
monoclonal
monoclonals
monocoque
monocoques
monocot
monocots
monocotyledon
monocotyledonous
monocotyledons
monocracies
monocracy
monocrat
monocratic
monocrats
monocrystal
monocrystalline
monocrystals
monocular
monocularly
monoculars
monocultural
monoculture
monocultures
monocyclic
monocyte
monocytes
monocytic
monodic
monodical
monodically
monodies
monodisperse
monodist
monodists
monodrama
monodramas
monodramatic
monody
monoecies
monoecious
monoecism
monoecisms
monoecy
monoester
monoesters
monofil
monofilament
monofilaments
monofils
monofuel
monofuels
monogamic
monogamies
monogamist
monogamists
monogamous
monogamously
monogamy
monogastric
monogenean
monogeneans
monogeneses
monogenesis
monogenetic
monogenic
monogenically
monogenies
monogeny
monogerm
monoglot
monoglots
monoglyceride
monoglycerides
monogram
monogramed
monograming
monogrammatic
monogrammed
monogrammer
monogrammers
monogramming
monograms
monograph
monographed
monographic
monographing
monographs
monogynies
monogynous
monogyny
monohull
monohulls
monohybrid
monohybrids
monohydric
monohydroxy
monolayer
monolayers
monolingual
monolinguals
monolith
monolithic
monolithically
monoliths
monolog
monologies
monologist
monologists
monologs
monologue
monologues
monologuist
monologuists
monology
monomania
monomaniac
monomaniacal
monomaniacally
monomaniacs
monomanias
monomer
monomeric
monomers
monometallic
monometallism
monometallisms
monometallist
monometallists
monometer
monometers
monomial
monomials
monomolecular
monomolecularly
monomorphemic
monomorphic
monomorphism
monomorphisms
mononuclear
mononuclears
mononucleate
mononucleated
mononucleoses
mononucleosis
mononucleotide
mononucleotides
monophagies
monophagous
monophagy
monophonic
monophonically
monophonies
monophony
monophthong
monophthongal
monophthongs
monophyletic
monophylies
monophyly
monoplane
monoplanes
monoploid
monoploids
monopode
monopodes
monopodial
monopodially
monopodies
monopody
monopole
monopoles
monopolies
monopolise
monopolised
monopolises
monopolising
monopolist
monopolistic
monopolistically
monopolists
monopolization
monopolizations
monopolize
monopolized
monopolizer
monopolizers
monopolizes
monopolizing
monopoly
monopropellant
monopropellants
monopsonies
monopsonistic
monopsony
monorail
monorails
monorchid
monorchidism
monorchidisms
monorchids
monorhyme
monorhymed
monorhymes
monos
monosaccharide
monosaccharides
monosome
monosomes
monosomic
monosomics
monosomies
monosomy
monospecific
monospecificities
monospecificity
monostele
monosteles
monostelic
monostelies
monostely
monosyllabic
monosyllabically
monosyllabicities
monosyllabicity
monosyllable
monosyllables
monosynaptic
monosynaptically
monoterpene
monoterpenes
monotheism
monotheisms
monotheist
monotheistic
monotheistical
monotheistically
monotheists
monotint
monotints
monotone
monotones
monotonic
monotonically
monotonicities
monotonicity
monotonies
monotonous
monotonously
monotonousness
monotonousnesses
monotony
monotreme
monotremes
monotype
monotypes
monotypic
monounsaturate
monounsaturated
monounsaturates
monovalent
monovular
monoxide
monoxides
monozygotic
mons
monseigneur
monsieur
monsignor
monsignori
monsignorial
monsignors
monsoon
monsoonal
monsoons
monster
monstera
monsteras
monsters
monstrance
monstrances
monstrosities
monstrosity
monstrous
monstrously
monstrousness
monstrousnesses
montadale
montadales
montage
montaged
montages
montaging
montagnard
montagnards
montane
montanes
monte
monteith
monteiths
montero
monteros
montes
month
monthlies
monthlong
monthly
months
montmorillonite
montmorillonites
montmorillonitic
monument
monumental
monumentalities
monumentality
monumentalize
monumentalized
monumentalizes
monumentalizing
monumentally
monuments
monuron
monurons
mony
monzonite
monzonites

In comparison:

ion
ionic
ionicities
ionicity
ionics
ionise
ionised
ionises
ionising
ionium
ioniums
ionizable
ionization
ionizations
ionize
ionized
ionizer
ionizers
ionizes
ionizing
ionogen
ionogens
ionomer
ionomers
ionone
ionones
ionophore
ionophores
ionosphere
ionospheres
ionospheric
ionospherically
ions
iontophoreses
iontophoresis
iontophoretic
iontophoretically

TPTB_need_war (OP)

View Profile
October 25, 2015, 03:29:05 PM

Nobody's controlling anything. A lot of people are telling you to change your approach in that poll. Ignore them if you like, but don't kill the messenger.

A lot of monero persons I bet. In fact, I have several confirmations of that correlation already. Maybe a few hates from VanillaCoin, perhaps Dash, etc..

Those 10+2 negative voters are entirely meaningless and you know it (they piled on another 2 to rally behind you smooth...charge "until you see the whites of their eyes"!)

Again I am delighted because:

http://esr.ibiblio.org/?p=1404

Quote from: Eric S. Raymond progenitor of the term "open source"
Ego is for little people

I’m not speaking abstractly here. I’ve always been more interested in doing the right thing than doing what would make me popular, to the point where I generally figure that if I’m not routinely pissing off a sizable minority of people I should be pushing harder. In the language of psychology, my need for external validation is low; the standards I try hardest to live up to are those I’ve set for myself. But one of the differences I can see between myself at 25 and myself at 52 is that my limited need for external validation has decreased. And it’s not age or maturity or virtue that shrunk it; it’s having nothing left to prove.

smooth
Legendary

View Profile
October 25, 2015, 03:36:18 PM

Also for me personally Monero was a better name before their community started Moanerring in every thread.

This forum means nothing in the bigger picture.

Furthermore you are a nonconformist, so something becoming popular (say within this community) is a negative to you. Most people in the world are conformists, making popularity self-reifnforcing. As a successful marketer you know this, but you are allowing your personal feelings to intrude in this instance.

Anyway, I don't necessarily think that Monero is the best possible name, but I don't know of an existing cyptocurrency name that is better, and looking down the top 100 list, I don't see any, other than possibly Bitcoin within the context in which it was created (no other such coins existed).

smooth
Legendary

View Profile
October 25, 2015, 03:38:49 PM

Those 10+2 negative voters are entirely meaningless and you know it (they piled on another 2 to rally behind you smooth...charge "until you see the whites of their eyes"!)

I'm not sure what you are even talking about. You seem to be foaming at the mouth a bit. There are 13 votes for GTFO in my screen shot and 13 now.

Build a coin, and come back. Your credibility can be rebuilt. Now you just seem like a thread spammer. Moneroman88 2.0.

TPTB_need_war (OP)

View Profile
October 25, 2015, 03:46:07 PM

Also for me personally Monero was a better name before their community started Moanerring in every thread.

This forum means nothing in the bigger picture.

Furthermore you are a nonconformist, so something becoming popular (say within this community) is a negative to you. Most people in the world are conformists, making popularity self-reifnforcing. As a successful marketer you know this, but you are allowing your personal feelings to intrude in this instance.

More veiled FUD ostensibly designed to manipulate public opinion (the deluded will likely rally behind you).

I know whom it is important to register popularity with. I don't conform to the losers (who would?). I align with the astute ones who know for example in this case if we have the technology to address the mass adoption or not.

Anyway, I don't necessarily think that Monero is the best possible name, but I don't know of an existing cyptocurrency name that is better, and looking down the top 100 list, I don't see any, other than possibly Bitcoin within the context in which it was created (no other such coins existed).

On the name, I don't think Monero means to most people what you all assume it does in your head.

Also it is 3 syllables with a portmanteau that can be misinterpreted in many different ways, e.g. Mo-nero, Mon-ero, Mone-ro. Facebook, Viber, and I-on are only 2 (Ion might be 1?).

It is not a horrible name. It is much more brandable than any name with ___Coin or ___Bit.

But you are going to have to teach people what it means. Monero is not high tech. No way. It sounds like some cultural heritage from Europe (such as a castle) being applied to computers doesn't make any sense. It is at best associated with fiat money and old world corruption we are trying to get rid of. It will not appeal to the youth and the people who want new, cool, tech. The youth want new stuff not the crap of their grandparents. They want swiping and vibering, not tours of museums in Old Europe.

TPTB_need_war (OP)

View Profile
October 25, 2015, 03:51:50 PM

And thus everyone you have an example of why smooth and I are culturally divided. I see things in ways he doesn't. I think he is the non-conformist. I am shooting for the masses. I think their group is deluded.

So make your bets on your horses. This is horse race.

TPTB_need_war (OP)

View Profile
October 25, 2015, 03:58:14 PM
Last edit: October 25, 2015, 04:33:04 PM by TPTB_need_war

I'm not sure what you are even talking about. You seem to be foaming at the mouth a bit. There are 13 votes for GTFO in my screen shot and 13 now.

3 more since I looked at the poll when wrote 10. I did not quote your post, so I don't know if you changed the image or not. Pedantic noise is irrelevant isn't it.

There you go again trying to FUD and get readers to think I am foaming and that you are taking the high ground.

Don't you realize I put that choice in the poll to give you retards a way to come show the entire community how spiteful you are? It is trap. And you fell right into it.

Build a coin, and come back. Your credibility can be rebuilt. Now you just seem like a thread spammer. Moneroman88 2.0.

There you go again talking down to people, and trying to control them, when in fact I am in my own thread. And you go doing this shit in every body else's threads.

Then you have the gall to state that I am the one foaming at the mouth.

Smooth all you've ever done in crypto is try to control public opinion. You haven't delivered any tech. I have delivered way more tech than you. Get a grip on reality son.

(I am formulating the name for my effort. Cripes man, there is nothing wrong with that productive activity. I also shared my research on block chain scaling efforts, so as to document to some degree what I am working on. Again productive activity. The only unproductive activity is as usual when every thread gets dominated Moanerring trolls)

smooth
Legendary

View Profile
October 25, 2015, 04:01:17 PM

when in fact I am in my own thread.

Yes if you create three new threads a day you are usually in your own thread.

What is that thread spamming accomplishing?

Now that I think about it, I wonder if you were Moneroman88 after all. We know you do like to create new nicks and spam threads.
TPTB_need_war (OP)

View Profile
October 25, 2015, 04:02:38 PM
Last edit: October 25, 2015, 04:20:37 PM by TPTB_need_war

You are lying (so now you join liar Gmaxwell in the lying FUDster camp) and you know it. I have created less than 1 thread per week on average. Probably 1 thread per month, but I haven't done the exact tabulation.

There you were yesterday in Iota's thread fighting with their core devs and attacking them on and on about how IoT is a small market. Any FUD you can dredge up to try to drive all investors to your Monero because Monero has been such a horrible investment that virtually no one has made any return on yet.

Now that I think about it, I wonder if you were Moneroman88 after all. We know you do like to create new nicks and spam threads.

I was not Moneroman88 nor BCX. Absolutely not. WTF happened to you? It is as you blew a fuse or something. Every one here knows my real name. With my talent, why would I get involved in some fraud that would send me to prison. That just doesn't make any sense at all. And if you are going to disrespect me that way, then just get lost from my life. You are not at all acting professional. I shared a lot of personal information and even inside information on my designs, plans, and thoughts with you in private messages. And after all, you back stab me.

If you can prove that I am Moneroman88 or BCX, then please do because that would be news to me. Perhaps Theymos can help you with IP addresses for logins to prove to you that I am not either of those users. I see you are busy thinking of what sort of scam accusation FUD you can formulate against me. Sigh. You won't find any. I have not been involved in any scam, nor will I ever!

coins101
Legendary

Activity: 1456
Merit: 1000

View Profile
October 25, 2015, 04:32:06 PM

Wow. I'm almost speechless.

TPTB_need_war (OP)

View Profile
October 25, 2015, 04:50:07 PM

Note for comparison, the last time I posted in the Monero thread (a very rare event indeed), it was to offer them a helpful suggestion on how to be sure the anonymity can not be combinatorially unmasked and also I think it enables pruning of the block chain. That was a carry over from what we learned from the Moneroman88/BCX incident where I had gotten involved to try to analyze potential attack vectors that BCX was alleging/threatening.

I also provided about a week of my time for free recently contributing the highly detailed peer review to Monero Shen's new anonymity white paper.

I never post in their BTT forum threads to attack them (well at least not in recent memory). I was posting some negative or balancing opinions in rpietila's threads in 2014 when he used to tell everyone his opinion of the only two coins (Bitcoin and XMR) worth investing in and I felt he was acting like King Whale over crypto (both of which have declined in exchange price to the dollar for the HODLers that followed his proclamations).

Any way, let them do. No problem. Code talks. Bullshit walks.

coins101
Legendary

Activity: 1456
Merit: 1000

View Profile
October 25, 2015, 05:06:47 PM

Note for comparison, the last time I posted in the Monero thread (a very rare event indeed), it was to offer them a helpful suggestion on how to be sure the anonymity can not be combinatorially unmasked and also I think it enables pruning of the block chain. That was a carry over from what we learned from the Moneroman88/BCX incident where I had gotten involved to try to analyze potential attack vectors that BCX was alleging/threatening.

I also provided about a week of my time for free recently contributing the highly detailed peer review to Monero Shen's new anonymity white paper.

I never post in their BTT forum threads to attack them (well at least not in recent memory). I was posting some negative or balancing opinions in rpietila's threads in 2014 when he used to tell everyone his opinion of the only two coins (Bitcoin and XMR) worth investing in and I felt he was acting like King Whale over crypto (both of which have declined in exchange price to the dollar for the HODLers that followed his proclamations).

I am actually glad he posted that comment.

Its a good reference point for how the trolling begins; and this is evidence that it starts at the top. The rest of the trolling is nothing more than a call to action by the project leadership.
rangedriver

Activity: 714
Merit: 504

View Profile
October 25, 2015, 05:09:07 PM

Note for comparison, the last time I posted in the Monero thread, it was to offer them a suggestion on how to be sure the anonymity can not be combinatorially unmasked and also I think it enables pruning of the block chain. That was a carry over from what we learned from the Moneroman88/BCX incident where I had gotten involved to try to analyze potential attack vectors that BCX was alleging/threatening.

I never post in their BTT forum threads to attack them (well at least not in recent memory). I was posting some negative things in rpietila's threads in 2014 when he used to tell everyone what the only two coins (Bitcoin and XMR) worth investing in and I felt he was acting like King over crypto.

If you think this is the way to build community relations then you've got lessons to learn.

All I've seen is the Monero community being respectful to your skills, offering you tips, as well as being genuinely concerned and interested in your well-being.

In contrast, you appear to be needlessly on the attack. Why?

I don't really get it, but whatever.
Bobekko

Activity: 137
Merit: 100

View Profile
October 25, 2015, 05:10:47 PM

Why even bother naming it? You'll only get bored and give it a new name in a few months anyway.  Cheesy

The coin formerly known as ion, anonoflops, TPTBTC...

rdnkjdi
Legendary

Activity: 1256
Merit: 1009

View Profile
October 25, 2015, 05:15:36 PM

Geez guys this much???  
Tinkles

Activity: 126
Merit: 100

View Profile
October 25, 2015, 05:20:19 PM

I like the features, they look similar to Dash.   you need a name that sounds like the coin is quick :d

Pages: « 1 [2] 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 ... 62 »
  Print  

Jump to: