Bitcoin Forum
May 05, 2024, 10:30:31 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 [39] 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 56 57 58 59 60 61 62 63 64 65 66 »
  Print  
Author Topic: The Halving - Good or Bad for Bitcoin?  (Read 83050 times)
ElpadroBitcoin

Activity: 336
Merit: 250

View Profile
June 08, 2016, 03:20:33 PM

The halving make earning Bitcoins harder so you could say that it is bad for Bitcoin. If it brings the price down then that could be good fro the people who want to buy Bitcoins for cheap.

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
In order to get the maximum amount of activity points possible, you just need to post once per day on average. Skipping days is OK as long as you maintain the average.
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
carlisle1

Activity: 2744
Merit: 541

Campaign Management?"Hhampuz" is the Man

View Profile
June 08, 2016, 03:31:54 PM

actually for me it is good for bitcoin to controll the distribution of the supply , and for the price of bitcoin also it will be good for all of us if we have stocked or saved our bitcoin .  Grin
yhansky

Activity: 126
Merit: 100

View Profile
June 08, 2016, 03:40:29 PM

Every halving gives bitcoin a good price ..so the answer is yes  every halving that takes place bitcoin price goes up.
bitlancr

Activity: 616
Merit: 500

View Profile
June 08, 2016, 03:57:12 PM

I think the bitcoin will be very good but of course this can not be predicted, we just need to see if it will be profitable.
There is a big chance that it will but we will see!
Bitcoinbee

Activity: 84
Merit: 10

www.lunarbets.eu Bitcoin*Sports*Betting

View Profile
June 08, 2016, 04:05:49 PM

actually for me it is good for bitcoin to controll the distribution of the supply , and for the price of bitcoin also it will be good for all of us if we have stocked or saved our bitcoin .  Grin

The halving would be good for bitcoins value if it make a sudden rise but if it will have a slight rise of value still it will be good at least there will be a slight profit coming out from our stocked investments. But how can we expand if we hoard bitcoin?

The world's best bitcoin sports betting site!
https://www.lunarbets.eu/
Lunarbets.eu - Bitcoin Sports Betting $ Bet on your favorite sports team against other players $
Lokfar

Activity: 364

View Profile
June 08, 2016, 04:06:52 PM

I think The halving is good for bitcoin, it's make the price of bitcoin become expensive and increase. It's attract more people to use bitcoin and bitcoin become popular.

I have complete faith in bitcoin; ever since I discovered bitcoin in 2012; I’ve made every online transaction using only bitcoin, and now I’m investing in bitcoin, waiting for the halving to come. and halving will be the best for the bitcoins this year and i think we are all waiting for this big event. Lets keep  your eyes crossed.

That is really hard to know and that is because there are still a lot of people that is thinking that the halving will be not that best and that is bad.
Because you already can see now that the value of Bitcoin has started so that is really nice.
Altynbekova

Activity: 476

View Profile
June 08, 2016, 04:34:56 PM

I think the bitcoin will be very good but of course this can not be predicted, we just need to see if it will be profitable.

The halving will be very good if we have to believe the speculators these days, also the fact that the number of users is increasing makes it for me clear that the bitcoin is gonna rise for rise.
shane

Activity: 756
Merit: 503

View Profile
June 08, 2016, 05:00:25 PM

The halving will be very good if we have to believe the speculators these days, also the fact that the number of users is increasing makes it for me clear that the bitcoin is gonna rise for rise.

if the effect halving for prices are good, it could make the increase. but I think for the miners probably was not so good, because it would reduce the supply distribution Bitcoin

▄▄██████▄▄
      ╓▄███▀▄▄▄▄▄▄▀███▄╖
   ▄███▀▀≈╜▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀╙≈▀▀███▄
 ▄██▀▄▓▀▄██▀╜    ╙▀██▄▀▓▄▀██▄
▐██,██║N▀`          '▀N║██ ██▌
██╜██╜╗                ╔╙██╙██
▐█▌█║                ║█µ▓▐█▌
▐█▌ ▐█║                ║█▌ ▐█▌
▐█▌▐╗█║                ║█╔▌▐█▌
██║▐█▄",              ,"▄█▌║██
▐██ ▀██½█▄▄        ▄▄█½██▀╓██▌
 ▀██▓▄▀▀╥▀▀▀      ▀▀▀╥▀▀▄▓██▀
   ▀▀███▓▄ª▀██████▀Q▄▓███▀▀
      ╙▀▀██▓▄▄▄▄▄▄███▀▀╜
           ▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀

▄▄▄▄▄▄       ▄▄▄▄▄     ▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄   ▄       ▄▄        ▄▄    ▄▄▄▄  ▄▄▄▄      ,▄▄▄
  ▄███▀▀▀▀███▄  ▄██▀▀▀██  ▄██████████   ███     ▐██▄       ██▌   █████  ▀███    ▄███▀
 ▐██▀      ▀██▌▐█▀        ██▀          █████    ▐████╗     ██▌           ╙▀█▀ ,███▀
 ██▌        ▐██           ██▄▄▄▄▄▄▄   ███ ███   ▐██▀██▄    ██▌   ▄▄▄▄▄▄▄   ╙ ╔███"
▐██          ██▌          ████████   ███   ███  ▐██ `▀██▄  ██▌   ███████▀   ▄███,
 ██▌        ▐██           ██        ███     ██▌ ▐██   ╙███╗██▌            ,██████▄
 ▐██▄      ▄██▌▐█▄        ██▄      ███       █▌ ▐██     ╙████▌           ╔███  ▀██▄
  ▀███▄▄▄▄███▀  ▀██▄▄▄██  ▀█████  ███           ▐██       ▀██▌   █████  ▄██▌    ▀███▄
     ▀▀▀▀▀▀       ▀▀▀▀▀     ▀▀▀  ▀▀▀             ▀▀        ▀▀    ▀▀▀▀  ▀▀▀"      "▀▀▀

randy8777
Legendary

Activity: 896
Merit: 1000

View Profile
June 08, 2016, 05:18:25 PM

the current market is full of investors looking to make quick bucks due to the block halving. that interesting is it. i just hope they don't leave after the block halving when the price is stabilizing somewhere this year. beside that, where do you see that the number of users is increasing? here on this forum you are talking about?
CryptoBjorn

Activity: 714

View Profile
June 08, 2016, 09:21:16 PM

if the effect halving for prices are good, it could make the increase. but I think for the miners probably was not so good, because it would reduce the supply distribution Bitcoin

Well the halving is just the way how the reward for miners is going down and for miners to make profit the price should go up. I am not sure if this is good or bad, since it's just the way the system is working. The moment we are now full of anticipation of the price going up is good for us though.
boyptc

Activity: 2996
Merit: 680

★Bitvest.io★ Play Plinko or Invest!

View Profile
June 09, 2016, 03:10:51 AM

Halving will be very good for bitcoin when it happens but the total amount of bitcoin produced is already 75% nearly to become 100% for the 21,000,000 pieces of bitcoin to be ever produced.
But for us, it will be very good when halving happens because the price will going to be higher and higher.

.BIG WINNER!.
[15.00000000 BTC]

▄████████████████████▄
██████████████████████
██████████▀▀██████████
█████████░░░░█████████
██████████▄▄██████████
███████▀▀████▀▀███████
██████░░░░██░░░░██████
███████▄▄████▄▄███████
████▀▀████▀▀████▀▀████
███░░░░██░░░░██░░░░███
████▄▄████▄▄████▄▄████
██████████████████████

▀████████████████████▀
▄████████████████████▄
██████████████████████
█████▀▀█▀▀▀▀▀▀██▀▀████
█████░░░░░░░░░░░░░████
█████░░░░░░░░░░░░▄████
█████░░▄███▄░░░░██████
█████▄▄███▀░░░░▄██████
█████████░░░░░░███████
████████░░░░░░░███████
███████░░░░░░░░███████
███████▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄███████

██████████████████████
▀████████████████████▀
▄████████████████████▄
███████████████▀▀▀▀▀▀▀
███████████▀▀▄▄█░░░░░█
█████████▀░░█████░░░░█
███████▀░░░░░████▀░░░▀
██████░░░░░░░░▀▄▄█████
█████░▄░░░░░▄██████▀▀█
████░████▄░███████░░░░
███░█████░█████████░░█
███░░░▀█░██████████░░█
███░░░░░░████▀▀██▀░░░░
███░░░░░░███░░░░░░░░░░

██░▄▄▄▄░████▄▄██▄░░░░
████████████▀▀▀▀▀▀▀██
█████████████░█▀▀▀█░███
██████████▀▀░█▀░░░▀█░▀▀
███████▀░▄▄█░█░░░░░█░█▄
████▀░▄▄████░▀█░░░█▀░██
███░▄████▀▀░▄░▀█░█▀░▄░▀
█▀░███▀▀▀░░███░▀█▀░███░
▀░███▀░░░░░████▄░▄████░
░███▀░░░░░░░█████████░░
░███░░░░░░░░░███████░░░
███▀░██░░░░░░▀░▄▄▄░▀░░░
███░██████▄▄░▄█████▄░▄▄

██░████████░███████░█
▄████████████████████▄
████████▀▀░░░▀▀███████
███▀▀░░░░░▄▄▄░░░░▀▀▀██
██░▀▀▄▄░░░▀▀▀░░░▄▄▀▀██
██░▄▄░░▀▀▄▄░▄▄▀▀░░░░██
██░▀▀░░░░░░█░░░░░██░██
██░░░▄▄░░░░█░██░░░░░██
██░░░▀▀░░░░█░░░░░░░░██
██░░░░░▄▄░░█░░░░░██░██
██▄░░░░▀▀░░█░██░░░░░██
█████▄▄░░░░█░░░░▄▄████
█████████▄▄█▄▄████████

▀████████████████████▀

Rainbot
Daily Quests
Faucet
goldcoinminer

Activity: 952

View Profile
June 09, 2016, 03:23:37 AM

Halving will be very good for bitcoin when it happens but the total amount of bitcoin produced is already 75% nearly to become 100% for the 21,000,000 pieces of bitcoin to be ever produced.
But for us, it will be very good when halving happens because the price will going to be higher and higher.
You are right, because of the difficulty of mining maybe some miners will close if the price will not go high, so in order for them to remain profitable and continue to do their job to help the blockchain performs faster the price should increase.
boyptc

Activity: 2996
Merit: 680

★Bitvest.io★ Play Plinko or Invest!

View Profile
June 09, 2016, 03:33:34 AM

You are right, because of the difficulty of mining maybe some miners will close if the price will not go high, so in order for them to remain profitable and continue to do their job to help the blockchain performs faster the price should increase.

I don't think miners will just close or stop mining if the halving happens, since they are playing a very important role in the cycle of bitcoin.
They find an alternative or they will just continue mining if they can see that they cannot be gone in the cycle.

.BIG WINNER!.
[15.00000000 BTC]

▄████████████████████▄
██████████████████████
██████████▀▀██████████
█████████░░░░█████████
██████████▄▄██████████
███████▀▀████▀▀███████
██████░░░░██░░░░██████
███████▄▄████▄▄███████
████▀▀████▀▀████▀▀████
███░░░░██░░░░██░░░░███
████▄▄████▄▄████▄▄████
██████████████████████

▀████████████████████▀
▄████████████████████▄
██████████████████████
█████▀▀█▀▀▀▀▀▀██▀▀████
█████░░░░░░░░░░░░░████
█████░░░░░░░░░░░░▄████
█████░░▄███▄░░░░██████
█████▄▄███▀░░░░▄██████
█████████░░░░░░███████
████████░░░░░░░███████
███████░░░░░░░░███████
███████▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄███████

██████████████████████
▀████████████████████▀
▄████████████████████▄
███████████████▀▀▀▀▀▀▀
███████████▀▀▄▄█░░░░░█
█████████▀░░█████░░░░█
███████▀░░░░░████▀░░░▀
██████░░░░░░░░▀▄▄█████
█████░▄░░░░░▄██████▀▀█
████░████▄░███████░░░░
███░█████░█████████░░█
███░░░▀█░██████████░░█
███░░░░░░████▀▀██▀░░░░
███░░░░░░███░░░░░░░░░░

██░▄▄▄▄░████▄▄██▄░░░░
████████████▀▀▀▀▀▀▀██
█████████████░█▀▀▀█░███
██████████▀▀░█▀░░░▀█░▀▀
███████▀░▄▄█░█░░░░░█░█▄
████▀░▄▄████░▀█░░░█▀░██
███░▄████▀▀░▄░▀█░█▀░▄░▀
█▀░███▀▀▀░░███░▀█▀░███░
▀░███▀░░░░░████▄░▄████░
░███▀░░░░░░░█████████░░
░███░░░░░░░░░███████░░░
███▀░██░░░░░░▀░▄▄▄░▀░░░
███░██████▄▄░▄█████▄░▄▄

██░████████░███████░█
▄████████████████████▄
████████▀▀░░░▀▀███████
███▀▀░░░░░▄▄▄░░░░▀▀▀██
██░▀▀▄▄░░░▀▀▀░░░▄▄▀▀██
██░▄▄░░▀▀▄▄░▄▄▀▀░░░░██
██░▀▀░░░░░░█░░░░░██░██
██░░░▄▄░░░░█░██░░░░░██
██░░░▀▀░░░░█░░░░░░░░██
██░░░░░▄▄░░█░░░░░██░██
██▄░░░░▀▀░░█░██░░░░░██
█████▄▄░░░░█░░░░▄▄████
█████████▄▄█▄▄████████

▀████████████████████▀

Rainbot
Daily Quests
Faucet
rio3233

Activity: 434

View Profile
June 09, 2016, 03:40:46 AM

I think the halving is really good for bitcoin. It's make the price of bitcoin increase so high even the halving not yet come. I'm sure the bitcoin's price will increase more higher when the halving come.
Mvaporis1961

Activity: 364

View Profile
June 09, 2016, 05:27:07 AM

I think bitcoin halving will be good especially to those shareholders or bitcoin traders because it's one of the best chance to sell their coins for a higher price.
goinmerry
Legendary

Activity: 2940
Merit: 1083

View Profile
June 09, 2016, 06:03:24 AM

I think bitcoin halving will be good especially to those shareholders or bitcoin traders because it's one of the best chance to sell their coins for a higher price.

It is or it is not? You know what will happen? I dont really know what could happen. I just abuse the high income now from trading it and get a good profit even if it just takes a low income.
xIIImaL
Legendary

Activity: 1372
Merit: 1005

View Profile
June 09, 2016, 06:13:34 AM

n a lot of expert prediction after halving bitcoin price will be rise and even sky rocket, so i believe halving is going to give more profit to user, but every action will have effect the miners will have difficulty to gain more profit.
Babayega31

Activity: 630

Cryptocurrency Wallet - Denaro.io

View Profile
June 09, 2016, 06:29:53 AM

n a lot of expert prediction after halving bitcoin price will be rise and even sky rocket, so i believe halving is going to give more profit to user, but every action will have effect the miners will have difficulty to gain more profit.

But their are some instance that halving have threat for bitcoins price because if price is more higher and reach to 1k$ it is prone to be dump and  big crash will happen like just what happen on 2013 bitcoin reaches for 1k$ by that time and it was followed by massive dump to 200$ and maybe it can be bad happen after halving but really hoping that this will not happen.

Cyaren

Activity: 294

View Profile
June 09, 2016, 07:42:40 AM

But their are some instance that halving have threat for bitcoins price because if price is more higher and reach to 1k$ it is prone to be dump and  big crash will happen like just what happen on 2013 bitcoin reaches for 1k$ by that time and it was followed by massive dump to 200$ and maybe it can be bad happen after halving but really hoping that this will not happen.

Yeah, there could be a very large dump after the halving, however whether that happens or not will remain a mystery to us until the halving actually happens. All we know right now is that the price is rising.

I think that halving is good for bitcoin, since it's giving bitcoin the push that it needed.
goldcoinminer

Activity: 952

View Profile
June 09, 2016, 08:57:09 AM

Yeah, there could be a very large dump after the halving, however whether that happens or not will remain a mystery to us until the halving actually happens. All we know right now is that the price is rising.

I think that halving is good for bitcoin, since it's giving bitcoin the push that it needed.
If they will see the price decreasing then that would really happen, they will dump their bitcoins as they already have profited with the price they purchased, but the question is, is it only because of the halving hype that the price increase or it is because of the demand of the new players in bitcoin world.
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 [39] 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 56 57 58 59 60 61 62 63 64 65 66 »
  Print  

Jump to: