Bitcoin Forum
May 07, 2024, 03:46:31 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 [6] 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 »  All
  Print  
Author Topic: my intuition says: we're sitting on a rocket about to be ignited  (Read 36818 times)
cypherdoc
Legendary

Activity: 1764
Merit: 1002

View Profile
November 18, 2012, 05:11:15 PM

given that Mike Hearns works for Google, this has been thought to be a possibility for a long time.  now with Wordpress's announcement and the tone of it...
The forum was founded in 2009 by Satoshi and Sirius. It replaced a SourceForge forum.
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.
waspoza

Activity: 602
Merit: 508

Firstbits: 1waspoza

View Profile
November 18, 2012, 05:15:42 PM

Sorry to interrupt, i just drop this one here https://twitter.com/JoeCascio/status/269641282450776065

no freekin' way!  are u kidding me?!  Cheesy Cheesy Cheesy

Well its just speculation, but seems pretty plausible to me considering that one of the google emploees made bitcoin library for java.
molecular (OP)
Donator
Legendary

Activity: 2772
Merit: 1019

View Profile
November 18, 2012, 05:22:28 PM

Buying is the only thing that keeps pushing the price up though.

Yeah, when you buy, do it on mtgox, when you sell, do it locally in order to not move the price ;>

PGP key molecular F9B70769 fingerprint 9CDD C0D3 20F8 279F 6BE0  3F39 FC49 2362 F9B7 0769
adamstgBit
Legendary

Activity: 1904
Merit: 1037

Trusted Bitcoiner

View Profile WWW
November 18, 2012, 05:24:03 PM

Sorry to interrupt, i just drop this one here https://twitter.com/JoeCascio/status/269641282450776065

no freekin' way!  are u kidding me?!  Cheesy Cheesy Cheesy

Well its just speculation, but seems pretty plausible to me considering that one of the google emploees made bitcoin library for java.

Google employees get to spend 10% of their time at work, working on anything they wish. G-bitcoin might have stated as a pet project that is now getting some serious attention.

molecular (OP)
Donator
Legendary

View Profile
November 18, 2012, 05:45:06 PM

I would say pretty unlikely, although in this Report (sorry German only), there is a guy from Google, stating that Google watches possibilities how the Bitcoin protocol could be used. So they are at least interested.

Mike Hearn ring a bell? This guy is a google employee and he's been helping bitcoin on the technical side since at least early 2011 (implemented bitcoinj, for example) and really can be seen as an innovator or visionary who thinks several steps ahead (for example: smart contracts, pay to policy). See his presentation at the conference in London: https://www.youtube.com/watch?feature=player_embedded&v=mD4L7xDNCmA

Now, this doesn't imply that it's likely that google would embrace bitcoin in such a fundamental way as to integrate a bitcoin client into GWallet. On the other hand: google has been seen to make quite big bald moves at times, so I wouldn't rule that out at all. It would certainly dwarf anything we've seen so far and surely get the rocket going.

PGP key molecular F9B70769 fingerprint 9CDD C0D3 20F8 279F 6BE0  3F39 FC49 2362 F9B7 0769
Akka
Legendary

Activity: 1232
Merit: 1001

View Profile
November 18, 2012, 06:23:53 PM

Very interesting, thanks for linking that.

All previous versions of currency will no longer be supported as of this update
cypherdoc
Legendary

View Profile
November 18, 2012, 06:49:53 PM

and now it's easier for a big player like Google to say, "what?  Wordpress is doing IT!"
smoothie
Legendary

Activity: 2492
Merit: 1473

LEALANA Bitcoin Grim Reaper

View Profile
November 18, 2012, 06:51:49 PM

and now it's easier for a big player like Google to say, "what?  Wordpress is doing IT!"

I suspect Google will wait a few months to let WordPress be the guinea pig.

I would have expected more of a price rise with the wordpress news just like I would have expected a huge move down off of GLBSE closing.

Seems like the market ignores the news for the most part.

███████████████████████████████████████

,╓p@@███████@╗╖,           
        ,p████████████████████N,       
      d█████████████████████████b     
    d██████████████████████████████æ   
  ,████²█████████████████████████████, 
 ,█████  ╙████████████████████╨  █████y
 ██████    `████████████████`    ██████
║██████       Ñ███████████`      ███████
███████         ╩██████Ñ         ███████
███████    ▐▄     ²██╩     a▌    ███████
╢██████    ▐▓█▄          ▄█▓▌    ███████
 ██████    ▐▓▓▓▓▌,     ▄█▓▓▓▌    ██████─
           ▐▓▓▓▓▓▓█,,▄▓▓▓▓▓▓▌          
           ▐▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▌          
    ▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓─  
     ²▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓╩    
        ▀▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▀       
           ²▀▀▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▀▀`          
                   ²²²                 

. ★☆ WWW.LEALANA.COM        My PGP fingerprint is A764D833.                  History of Monero development Visualization ★☆ .
LEALANA BITCOIN GRIM REAPER SILVER COINS.

cypherdoc
Legendary

View Profile
November 18, 2012, 06:59:47 PM

I would have expected more of a price rise with the wordpress news just like I would have expected a huge move down off of GLBSE closing.

well, this is what i was talking about above to EM about how the market is maturing along with the depth.  volatility actually decreases with a sound money the more established it becomes.  the chart paints a huge multiyear triangulish oscillator with the whipsaws dampening into a consolidation pattern that will break up.  i think we've just started that.
molecular (OP)
Donator
Legendary

View Profile
November 18, 2012, 07:17:16 PM

a 6.3% move in roughly a day (from 11.0 to 11.7) is in other markets (even the volatile silver, for example) considered a big move.

Also: the wordpress news not only triggers existing bitcoiners to buy, but it also generates new bitcoin users and introduces a lot of new people to bitcoin that didn't know about it before (thankfully, wordpress "gets it" and embraced bitcoin for the right reasons and also says so). In a mid-term view this is even more bullish then a couple traders reacting to news.

molecular (OP)
Donator
Legendary

View Profile
November 18, 2012, 07:18:29 PM

well, this is what i was talking about above to EM about how the market is maturing along with the depth.  volatility actually decreases with a sound money the more established it becomes.  the chart paints a huge multiyear triangulish oscillator with the whipsaws dampening into a consolidation pattern that will break up.  i think we've just started that.

aka: the daaash for the digital caaash ;>

cypherdoc
Legendary

View Profile
November 18, 2012, 07:21:01 PM

you love it.  admit it.  Wink
molecular (OP)
Donator
Legendary

View Profile
November 18, 2012, 07:22:30 PM

you love it.  admit it.  Wink

admitted. both meaning and the sound of it.

smoothie
Legendary

View Profile
November 18, 2012, 07:33:27 PM

and now it's easier for a big player like Google to say, "what?  Wordpress is doing IT!"

a 6.3% move in roughly a day (from 11.0 to 11.7) is in other markets (even the volatile silver, for example) considered a big move.

Also: the wordpress news not only triggers existing bitcoiners to buy, but it also generates new bitcoin users and introduces a lot of new people to bitcoin that didn't know about it before (thankfully, wordpress "gets it" and embraced bitcoin for the right reasons and also says so). In a mid-term view this is even more bullish then a couple traders reacting to news.

You forget: This is bitcoin. 6.3% moves mean nothing. We just had a 25% drop in October on two occasions in two days each.

,╓p@@███████@╗╖,           
        ,p████████████████████N,       
           ▐▓▓▓▓▓▓█,,▄▓▓▓▓▓▓▌          
           ▐▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▌          
        ▀▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▀       
           ²▀▀▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▀▀`          
                   ²²²                 

. ★☆ WWW.LEALANA.COM        My PGP fingerprint is A764D833.                  History of Monero development Visualization ★☆ .

adamstgBit
Legendary

Trusted Bitcoiner

View Profile WWW
November 18, 2012, 07:48:16 PM

and now it's easier for a big player like Google to say, "what?  Wordpress is doing IT!"

You forget: This is bitcoin. 6.3% moves mean nothing. We just had a 25% drop in October on two occasions in two days each.
big moves like that will not happen any more. as the market gets bigger 2 things happen

1) The market is more capable of handling big dumps
2) Coins become more distributed, meaning less people have enough bitcoin to crash the market

I think we are seeing this effect now.
if you look back you find that price swigs are getting smaller.

molecular (OP)
Donator
Legendary

View Profile
November 18, 2012, 07:50:40 PM

big moves like that will not happen any more. as the market gets bigger 2 things happen

2) Coins become more distributed, meaning less people have enough bitcoin to crash the market

there is more and more fiat out there, however, so big rallies are still possible, no?

adamstgBit
Legendary

Trusted Bitcoiner

View Profile WWW
November 18, 2012, 07:55:28 PM

there is more and more fiat out there, however, so big rallies are still possible, no?

it goes both ways unfortunately... because the market will not allow a crazy swing up or down unless its justified with new development / news.

look at the log chart you'll see what I'm talking about.

smoothie
Legendary

View Profile
November 18, 2012, 07:57:41 PM
Last edit: November 19, 2012, 01:32:41 AM by smoothie

Wanna bet they will?  Cheesy Cheesy

,╓p@@███████@╗╖,           
        ,p████████████████████N,       
           ▐▓▓▓▓▓▓█,,▄▓▓▓▓▓▓▌          
           ▐▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▌          
        ▀▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▀       
           ²▀▀▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▀▀`          
                   ²²²                 

smoothie
Legendary

View Profile
November 18, 2012, 07:59:28 PM

it goes both ways unfortunately... because the market will not allow a crazy swing up or down unless its justified with new development / news.

look at the log chart you'll see what I'm talking about.

I'm sorry but you acting like there is a complete science to this is retarded.

Bold for emphasis. Not all movements need to be on news/developments.

,╓p@@███████@╗╖,           
        ,p████████████████████N,       
           ▐▓▓▓▓▓▓█,,▄▓▓▓▓▓▓▌          
           ▐▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▌          
        ▀▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▀       
           ²▀▀▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▀▀`          
                   ²²²                 

legitnick

Activity: 532
Merit: 500

View Profile WWW
November 18, 2012, 08:20:10 PM

5 BITCOIN RAFFLE GIVEAWAY
"I dont lift" - Lord Furrycoat
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 [6] 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 »  All
  Print  

Jump to: