Bitcoin Forum
May 23, 2024, 10:36:14 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 [17] 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 »  All
  Print  
Author Topic: [DASH] Dash Price and Trade Discussion Thread  (Read 49073 times)
This is a self-moderated topic. If you do not want to be moderated by the person who started this topic, create a new topic.
qwizzie (OP)
Legendary

Activity: 2548
Merit: 1245

View Profile
March 03, 2017, 08:21:13 PM

Since I'm not allowed to comment, I'll just leave this here for everyone else to discuss.

Talk among yourselves....   Cool

Of course you are allowed to comment, as long as you stay on topic and dont call Dash a scam.

With regards to your chart, i would like to respond with my own chart with the following question "Rather large correction processed, Dash continues its longterm uptrend ?"

But lets also be real here, this is most definetely a pump ! It would be kinda hard to deny that. And after every pump there usually follows a dump.
So be carefull out there daytraders ...

Learn from the past, set detailed and vivid goals for the future and live in the only moment of time over which you have any control : now
FandangledGizmo
Legendary

Activity: 1138
Merit: 1001

View Profile
March 03, 2017, 08:40:24 PM

DASH added to BitFinex for those that didn't know  Smiley
qwizzie (OP)
Legendary

View Profile
March 03, 2017, 08:55:02 PM

DASH added to BitFinex for those that didn't know  Smiley

Great news .. thank you for the info !!
(i did not know)

Learn from the past, set detailed and vivid goals for the future and live in the only moment of time over which you have any control : now
modsa26

Activity: 154
Merit: 100

View Profile
March 03, 2017, 11:09:40 PM

DASH added to BitFinex for those that didn't know  Smiley

i saw notice when logged in. that's why price increase today.

Nathan047

Activity: 504
Merit: 250

View Profile
March 04, 2017, 08:35:23 PM

At the time I'm posting this Dash is @ 45.35$. Anybody know if this is organic or if this is just a bubble?

I'm starting a technology blog T4CH.top, check it out!
qwizzie (OP)
Legendary

View Profile
March 04, 2017, 10:16:32 PM

At the time I'm posting this Dash is @ 45.35$. Anybody know if this is organic or if this is just a bubble?

Dash has been in an uptrend for a couple of months now, resulting in a dramatic price break-out. Time will tell if this is indeed a bubble that could burst at any time
or if it is due to an organic rise.

Personally though i think Dash deserves that third rank on coinmarketcap as it kept developing its cryptocurrency from the moment it was launched till this very day.
Dash Evolution is also progressing nicely with an Alpha release scheduled for mid summer 2017. This will bring Dash massive scalability and a distinct focus
on the ease of usability.

Link : https://www.dash.org/evolution/

Maybe some large whales are taking positions in Dash right now because of that, or maybe there is a stronger tendency to diversify into promising altcoins ?
Who knows....

ArticMine
Legendary

Activity: 2282
Merit: 1050

Monero Core Team

View Profile
March 05, 2017, 12:31:42 AM

Dash has been in an uptrend for a couple of months now, resulting in a dramatic price break-out. Time will tell if this is indeed a bubble that could burst at any time

Personally though i think Dash deserves that third rank on coinmarketcap as it kept developing its cryptocurrency from the moment it was launched till this very day.
Dash Evolution is also progressing nicely with an Alpha release scheduled for mid summer 2017. This will bring Dash massive scalability and a distinct focus

Maybe some large whales are taking positions in Dash right now because of that, or maybe there is a stronger tendency to diversify into promising altcoins ?
Who knows....

... or a large leveraged Dash long position. Ever wondered why 500 Dash masternodes were removed from the Dash masternode network on February 26, 2017 just before the breakout? http://178.254.23.111/~pub/Dash/Dash_Info.html My interest in this by the way is the coin that is a likely candidate for the corresponding short position.  Wink

Edit 1: Just a theory. https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=753252.msg18068376#msg18068376

Edit 2: By the way Dash does deserve congratulations on Bronze

Concerned that blockchain bloat will lead to centralization? Storing less than 4 GB of data once required the budget of a superpower and a warehouse full of punched cards. https://upload.wikimedia.org/wikipedia/commons/8/87/IBM_card_storage.NARA.jpg https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Punched_card
qwizzie (OP)
Legendary

View Profile
March 05, 2017, 09:53:33 AM

Who knows....

... or a large leveraged Dash long position. Ever wondered why 500 Dash masternodes were removed from the Dash masternode network on February 26, 2017 just before the breakout? http://178.254.23.111/~pub/Dash/Dash_Info.html My interest in this by the way is the coin that is a likely candidate for the corresponding short position.  Wink

Edit 1: Just a theory. https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=753252.msg18068376#msg18068376

Edit 2: By the way Dash does deserve congratulations on Bronze

Those 500 Dash masternodes were actually kicked from the netwerk as a spork got activated that day that ruled that only 0.12.1 masternodes were allowed on the netwerk. Its part of Dash controlled hard fork into update 0.12.1

ArticMine
Legendary

Activity: 2282
Merit: 1050

Monero Core Team

View Profile
March 05, 2017, 03:50:31 PM

Those 500 Dash masternodes were actually kicked from the netwerk as a spork got activated that day that ruled that only 0.12.1 masternodes were allowed on the netwerk. Its part of Dash controlled hard fork into update 0.12.1

Thanks.

Fair enough. Still I would have expected the number to drift back up as people upgraded, even if only part way, since a week has passed. These people after all have a significant financial incentive. 

Concerned that blockchain bloat will lead to centralization? Storing less than 4 GB of data once required the budget of a superpower and a warehouse full of punched cards. https://upload.wikimedia.org/wikipedia/commons/8/87/IBM_card_storage.NARA.jpg https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Punched_card
qwizzie (OP)
Legendary

View Profile
March 05, 2017, 05:07:36 PM

Thanks.

Fair enough. Still I would have expected the number to drift back up as people upgraded, even if only part way, since a week has passed. These people after all have a significant financial incentive.

That is certainly true. This latest update was a bit more complicated as previous updates though as it requires more RAM for masternodes now (minimal of 1GB), involves installation of sentinel from github
(which runs alongside dashd) and it also includes setting up a cronjob to keep sentinel in sync.

It will be interesting to see when these 500 masternodes make the switch to v0.12.1 successfully. I imagine some masternode owners are looking right now for upgrade options (more RAM) for their masternodes.

TrueCryptonaire
Legendary

Activity: 1092
Merit: 1000

View Profile
March 05, 2017, 05:34:27 PM

Hello,

Is it time to start selling Darkcoins and slowly slowly move back to home (Monero)? Or shall we still wait some time?
K~Ehleyr

Activity: 434

Ooh, shiny things!!

View Profile
March 05, 2017, 07:14:46 PM

Hello,

Is it time to start selling Darkcoins and slowly slowly move back to home (Monero)? Or shall we still wait some time?

Hello Sleeping Beauty, you must have been asleep a long time!  The prince who kissed you should have told you that Darkcoin is now Dash and that you are welcome to go "home" as soon as you like.  Some might say the sooner the better  Smiley
TrueCryptonaire
Legendary

Activity: 1092
Merit: 1000

View Profile
March 05, 2017, 08:27:30 PM

Hello,

Hello Sleeping Beauty, you must have been asleep a long time!  The prince who kissed you should have told you that Darkcoin is now Dash and that you are welcome to go "home" as soon as you like.  Some might say the sooner the better  Smiley

So you suggest us to FOMO Monero?  Shocked
Well I cannot blame you for doing so....  Cool
qwizzie (OP)
Legendary

View Profile
March 05, 2017, 09:38:05 PM

If only they had not this new second unknown major exchange about to add Dash still on the agenda.... i can almost hear them think that  Roll Eyes
ETA : end of Q1, 2017

This will basicly be a Dash marketing wet dream, and it could push Dash right back into the 0.04 range (i'm speculating here of course).

qwizzie (OP)
Legendary

View Profile
March 06, 2017, 07:54:27 AM

Friendly reminder to those that are new to this thread, from page 1 post 1:

* Self-moderated thread, accusations of scam towards Dash will not be tolerated
* Please stay On-Topic and do not promote other altcoins in this thread

The first rule in red really is a no go
The second rule in green has some flexibility with regards to on-topic, but lets not stretch it too much

_nur

Activity: 308

View Profile
March 07, 2017, 09:36:14 AM

ok i think the bull momentum has stall

waiting for the great dump
francism

Activity: 444

View Profile
March 07, 2017, 09:41:17 AM

ok i think the bull momentum has stall

waiting for the great dump

Not gonna happen current price will stay or will continue moving in the upward direction.
qwizzie (OP)
Legendary

View Profile
March 07, 2017, 04:21:07 PM

Sorry guys but i just dont see that big dump happening right now.

juras54

Activity: 434

View Profile
March 08, 2017, 12:44:55 AM

I regret only that I sold early dash...Must be kept to 0.05
qwizzie (OP)
Legendary

View Profile
March 08, 2017, 01:46:51 PM

I regret only that I sold early dash...Must be kept to 0.05

If that happens someone would eventually make a huge sell followed with DDOS on masternodes to bring them all down and pick dash again for scraps before they invent some means to prevent that. I think we will see huge panic sell anyway if favor or recent TOP losers.

You cant bring down all masternodes through DDOS, only those that have weak specs (low CPU / RAM), which means
that the hardware upgrade process that was introduced with update v0.12.1 will only be accelerated. It will end up making the Dash network stronger.

The only effect DDoS attacks have besides the weak one dropping off is that active masternodes (those with better specs) climb up in payment rank a bit faster,
they could get paid perhaps every 6 days instead of 7 days.

Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 [17] 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 »  All
  Print  

Jump to: