Bitcoin Forum
May 07, 2024, 08:41:51 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 [23] 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 »
  Print  
Author Topic: 🌟🌟🌟 [SIL] 611 SIXELEVEN ◥◣ BLOCKCHAIN DOMAIN NAME SYSTEM 🌟🌟🌟  (Read 79761 times)
PatrickMacH (OP)

Activity: 442
Merit: 251

View Profile
June 05, 2017, 01:09:15 PM

who of you is trading on Cryptopia Exchange? Is it worth >1 BTC to get listed there?

◥◣◥◣
◥◣◥◣
611 (SixEleven) [SIL coin] following the spirit of the age,
you have to follow the edge of technology
◥◣◥◣
◥◣◥◣

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
Remember that Bitcoin is still beta software. Don't put all of your money into BTC!
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
Yakelo

Activity: 33
Merit: 0

View Profile
June 06, 2017, 02:45:36 PM

How many of these coins (%) were pre-mined?

Do you have any roadmap or are you just considering the coin 'finished'?

Getting this coin listed on other exchanges would be far easier with the help of a community. Maybe work on:
  • A website accessible via standard DNS.
  • A roadmap indicating the current state and future of development
  • A more transparent list of developers
  • Mobile discussion (Telegram group?)
caston

Activity: 756
Merit: 500

View Profile WWW
June 11, 2017, 10:22:46 AM

The price is very low at the moment... buying op or time to flee?

bitcoin BTC: 1MikVUu1DauWB33T5diyforbQjTWJ9D4RF
bitcoin cash: 1JdkCGuW4LSgqYiM6QS7zTzAttD9MNAsiK

-updated 3rd December 2017
PatrickMacH (OP)

View Profile
June 12, 2017, 01:20:11 AM

611 (SixEleven) [SIL coin] has forked off Namecoin at 20. Aug. 2015.
Afaik the original source code has been unstable and did only compile on some Linux.

Since Sep. 2015 there is a stable version of 611 [coin] available on GitHub which is actively maintained since that date by fflo.

About two weeks later the original mining and fee settings have been changed to a declining logarithmic mining rate and an increased network fee.
This information is public on the GitHub commits log.

Based on my positive experience with 611 coin I have published my initial posting of this thread on 03. Nov. 2015.

At this date about 345,000 SIL coins have been outstanding.
At the moment there are more than 413,000 SIL coins outstanding.
Source: be.611.to

Based on the public information available I asume that about 100-150k of SILs are actively traded on C-CEX.
About 100k SIL are saved:
  • to cover the increasing hosting costs for the domain name services of 611 (SixEleven) [SIL coin]: 611.to dns cloud
  • to fund the future development of this project on request

A serious amount of SIL is unfortunately lost forever.
The first exchanges of 611 coin (SafeCex and NovaExchange) got hacked and I have never seen these coins in the wild again.

Same applies to the early development phase with local wallet installations which probably have not been backed up properly.

I guess it's the same like with Bitcoin were I assume that about 1/2 of all BTC will never be seen in the wild again.
Source: http://www.coindesk.com/analysis-around-70-bitcoins-dormant-least-six-months/

Do you have any roadmap or are you just considering the coin 'finished'?
611 (SixEleven) [SIL coin] is still actively developed and maintained on GitHub.

User feedback and feature requests have been constantely integrated, new services have been published and existing services have been migrated to new technologies to scope the increasing demand of high availability and scalability.

Until now the domain name system of 611 (SixEleven) [SIL coin] has a 100% uptime record. Smiley

That's not bad for a project up and running since 2015. Cool

A big thank you to all the supporters making this possible.

Getting this coin listed on other exchanges would be far easier with the help of a community. Maybe work on:
I agree with you.

• A website accessible via standard DNS.
  • A roadmap indicating the current state and future of development
  • A more transparent list of developers
  • Mobile discussion (Telegram group?)
I am no (website) designer. But I can contribute content if needed...

Who likes to care on these tasks? Bounties?

This project is still missing the viral part.

◥◣◥◣
◥◣◥◣
◥◣◥◣
◥◣◥◣
PatrickMacH (OP)

View Profile
June 12, 2017, 01:30:32 AM

who of you is trading on Cryptopia Exchange? Is it worth >1 BTC to get listed there?

No one trading on Kim Dotcom's exchange Cryptopia?

◥◣◥◣
◥◣◥◣
◥◣◥◣
◥◣◥◣
IconFirm

Activity: 1438
Merit: 574

Always ask questions. #StandWithHongKong

View Profile WWW
June 12, 2017, 08:53:46 AM

OP doesn't like to talk about this for some strange reason, so I'll answer that for you:

Exchanges tend to stay away from coins with large premines due to the obvious dumping by devs - & seeing as this coins premine is not only massive but is also undecleared in the OP - it will always have trouble not only getting listed, but also attracting any serious traders. I thought this coin had some potential as an alternative to NMC when I first came across it, until I read this:

Hey, looking through the block explorer, I noticed something that doesn't sit right with me.

The initial instamined blocks were all worth 611 coins, a thousand times more valuable than the 0.611 block reward currently running. This was then reduced to 61.1 coins per block reward, and then presumably further by multiples of 0.1. This is not disclosed anywhere in the original post. In fact, none of the block structure is disclosed in the original post.

From downloading the wallet upon first seeing the original post, I know about 8000 blocks had been mined before public release. This wouldn't be so excessive if the block reward had been 0.611 coins the whole time-- basically this would have resulted in a premine of about 4888 SIL out of 611,000 total eventual supply, which is reasonable at 0.8%.

However, this is the actual mining reward structure:

Block 1-287: 611 coins per block NOT DISCLOSED IN OP
Block 288-2879: 61.1 coins per block NOT DISCLOSED IN OP
Block 2880: 0.611 coins per block, smoothly decaying

This means that 333,728.2 SIL, or a whopping 54.62% of the total eventual supply, was instamined by the 611 developer.

It appears this fact was deliberately hidden with the late release of a block explorer and the use of the low-information Abe block explorer.

Add to this the notion that the developer has been encouraging other miners to set a price for their mined SIL at approximately $60 USD means the developer is attempting to value his premine at upwards of $20,000,000 USD.

PatrickMacH, if you don't take steps to disclose your premine fully and burn most or all the coins you did not disclose that you mined at a higher block reward, this initiative is no longer worth miners' support.

I'm looking forward to your response.

Exchanges read these coin threads & do some research on the coin to ensure it is worth their while listing it. Unfortunately, due to the premine & the attempts to hide it, this coin will always struggle to be adopted. Shame really, because the original idea is good.

So roughly 54% premined. If you go to the block explorer page & do a search of the donations address there, you will see that address alone has/had over 271365151 SIL in it (yes, that's over 271 million), which accounts for most of the pre-mine, but OP holds pretty much all the coins anyway as he's the only one buying coins in an effort to push the price up in preparation for dumping the vast quantity of coins he's holding.

In other words, don't bother.

PIA went evil: https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=5203968.msg53160131#msg53160131 Unofficial & Uncensored SYSCOIN thread: https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=4748031.0    Do not trust Yobit/HitBTC/BiteBTC/coinsbit/p2pb2b/Mercatox/C-cex/Poloniex/WEX/KuCoin/LiveCoin/TheRockTrading/Bitfinex/ADAB/Okex/TradeSatoshi/Gate.io/Changelly/Freewallet.org/crex24 scam exchanges or ICO's by known scammers like HashCoins/Ambisafe/Bountyhive - they WILL scam you! Use diligence & research. Buy coins, sell coins - don't invest in stupid shit. If your questions aren't answered - don't touch it.
PatrickMacH (OP)

View Profile
June 12, 2017, 02:08:42 PM

OP doesn't like to talk about this for some strange reason, so I'll answer that for you:

Exchanges tend to stay away from coins with large premines due to the obvious dumping by devs - & seeing as this coins premine is not only massive but is also undecleared in the OP - it will always have trouble not only getting listed, but also attracting any serious traders. I thought this coin had some potential as an alternative to NMC when I first came across it, until I read this:

Hey, looking through the block explorer, I noticed something that doesn't sit right with me.

The initial instamined blocks were all worth 611 coins, a thousand times more valuable than the 0.611 block reward currently running. This was then reduced to 61.1 coins per block reward, and then presumably further by multiples of 0.1. This is not disclosed anywhere in the original post. In fact, none of the block structure is disclosed in the original post.

From downloading the wallet upon first seeing the original post, I know about 8000 blocks had been mined before public release. This wouldn't be so excessive if the block reward had been 0.611 coins the whole time-- basically this would have resulted in a premine of about 4888 SIL out of 611,000 total eventual supply, which is reasonable at 0.8%.

However, this is the actual mining reward structure:

Block 1-287: 611 coins per block NOT DISCLOSED IN OP
Block 288-2879: 61.1 coins per block NOT DISCLOSED IN OP
Block 2880: 0.611 coins per block, smoothly decaying

This means that 333,728.2 SIL, or a whopping 54.62% of the total eventual supply, was instamined by the 611 developer.
[...]

Exchanges read these coin threads & do some research on the coin to ensure it is worth their while listing it. Unfortunately, due to the premine & the attempts to hide it, this coin will always struggle to be adopted. Shame really, because the original idea is good.

I encourage exchanges to do some research to find out what's true and what's false.

So roughly 54% premined.
This information is not correct, because as stated above 611 coin has been a public open source project long before I published my initial thread on Bitcointalk. There has not been any "we pre-mine xx % first" for us and then the project goes public afterwards premining procedure.

It is correct that in effect 3/4 of the overall coins mined until today have been mined before I have published my initial thread in 2015.

If you go to the block explorer page & do a search of the donations address there, you will see that address alone has/had over 271365151 SIL in it (yes, that's over 271 million),
You should be able to prove your assertion with facts. Please do it now.

The block explorer donation wallet has received overall donations of 151.271365 SIL!
source: http://be.611.to/address/N4Q5rdapS6RgZDwqLFR4PVY9f75sU2RuHJ

Hint: the last transaction is about receiving a donation of 6.271,365...!!

Like described in my post above for sure there is no wallet owning that massive amount of SIL coins.

which accounts for most of the pre-mine, but OP holds pretty much all the coins anyway as he's the only one buying coins in an effort to push the price up in preparation for dumping the vast quantity of coins he's holding.
I would love to have an account containing over 271 million SIL Grin
Unfortunately you are spreading fake news!

Balance distribution is public on C-CEX. My personal C-CEX wallet is owning less than the top 10 of other C-CEX 611 traders.
So I have limited technical possibilities to manipulate the pricing on C-CEX.

In other words, don't bother.
... about fake news Smiley

◥◣◥◣
◥◣◥◣
◥◣◥◣
◥◣◥◣
PatrickMacH (OP)

View Profile
June 14, 2017, 12:25:49 PM

The price is very low at the moment... buying op or time to flee?

Depends on your trading strategy. Seems to be a normal trading cycle for me. Support around 0.00002 is very strong Smiley

◥◣◥◣
◥◣◥◣
◥◣◥◣
◥◣◥◣
PatrickMacH (OP)

View Profile
June 14, 2017, 03:02:48 PM
Last edit: August 25, 2017, 11:02:05 PM by PatrickMacH

________UPDATE: 611 (SixEleven) [qt] rc6

611 (SixEleven) release candidate 6 is available for download on GitHub, now:
  • new feature: show QR code and QR code wallet support
  • security: update precompiled binaries with libraries openssl 1.0.2l, libpng 1.6.29, qrencode 3.4.4, miniupnpc 2.0.20170509
  • update blockchain checkpoints

Download
611 (SixEleven) is available in source and binary download on Github:
https://github.com/fflo/sixeleven/releases
There you can download the latest 611-Qt client for Windows and Mac OS X:
Or try out the latest 611(SixEleven) Docker container - ready to run on your operating system preferred.
You may check the release notes for usage examples, known bugs and privacy hints.

Security
611 (SixEleven) uses strong SSL encryption, to keep your data secure.

It's awesome using SIL [coins]
Setup your own domains to support for your projects, to make remote access simple, secure and easy. Use SIL [coins] to store and share information anonymously and securely with anyone on the Internet.
Of course you are welcome to trade and invest 611 (SixEleven) [SIL coin].

◥◣◥◣
◥◣◥◣
◥◣◥◣
◥◣◥◣
PatrickMacH (OP)

View Profile
June 16, 2017, 09:21:30 PM
Last edit: August 25, 2017, 11:02:19 PM by PatrickMacH

________NEW EXCHANGE: CoinExchange.io

Thanks for the awesome community support!

CoinExchange.io
trade pair(s) for 611 (SixEleven) [coin]:

Security
611 (SixEleven) uses strong SSL encryption, to keep your data secure.

It's awesome using SIL [coins]
Setup your own domains to support for your projects, to make remote access simple, secure and easy. Use SIL [coins] to store and share information anonymously and securely with anyone on the Internet.
Of course you are welcome to trade and invest 611 (SixEleven) [SIL coin].

Close
Please support 611 (SixEleven) to get listed on your favorite crypto exchange.

◥◣◥◣
◥◣◥◣
◥◣◥◣
◥◣◥◣
wtman
Legendary

Activity: 1030
Merit: 1000

View Profile
June 21, 2017, 11:27:18 PM

Looks like there's consistent development going on this unique project, but apparently the market cap is so low. Maybe, the marketing has been weak. How does the coin distribution look like? Hope the dev isn't sitting on all coins, that are all pretty much worthless because he is holding most of them. Better marketing, promotion and distribution is needed for this to take off.
PatrickMacH (OP)

View Profile
June 27, 2017, 05:49:58 PM

Hey marketing experts
-> join this thread
-> join the 611 team

Looks like there's consistent development going on this unique project, but apparently the market cap is so low. Maybe, the marketing has been weak.
Full ack.
This unique project is missing marketing.

How does the coin distribution look like? Hope the dev isn't sitting on all coins, that are all pretty much worthless because he is holding most of them.

Based on the public information available I assume that about 100-150k of SILs are actively traded on C-CEX and CoinExchange.
About 100k SIL are saved by the dev:
  • to cover the increasing hosting costs for the domain name services of 611 (SixEleven) [SIL coin]: 611.to dns cloud

From my side it's okay to use the amount for marketing, too.

The first exchanges of 611 coin (SafeCex and NovaExchange) got hacked and I have never seen these coins in the wild again.

Same applies to the early development phase with local wallet installations which probably have not been backed up properly.

Better marketing, promotion and distribution is needed for this to take off.
If you are a marketing expert, please join the team.

◥◣◥◣
◥◣◥◣
◥◣◥◣
◥◣◥◣
wtman
Legendary

View Profile
July 07, 2017, 05:02:08 AM

Hey marketing experts
-> join this thread
-> join the 611 team

Looks like there's consistent development going on this unique project, but apparently the market cap is so low. Maybe, the marketing has been weak.
Full ack.
This unique project is missing marketing.

How does the coin distribution look like? Hope the dev isn't sitting on all coins, that are all pretty much worthless because he is holding most of them.

Based on the public information available I assume that about 100-150k of SILs are actively traded on C-CEX and CoinExchange.
About 100k SIL are saved by the dev:

From my side it's okay to use the amount for marketing, too.

Better marketing, promotion and distribution is needed for this to take off.
If you are a marketing expert, please join the team.

Thanks for the response.

If the information on http://coinmarketcap.com/currencies/sixeleven/ is correct, that's a really low base to grow from for project which is quite useful and has been well maintained for 2 years.

We need a slack, forum or both for the community to get organized and take initiatives together.
wtman
Legendary

View Profile
July 13, 2017, 02:40:25 PM

Any plans to hire devs and seek investors maybe? We are at a really low base, can go up 100x and still be at just $3 million marketcap
BonzoCorleone

Activity: 154
Merit: 100

@bonzocorleonee

View Profile
July 18, 2017, 04:04:23 PM

Interesting one, just nobody knows it, needs a bit of promotion. What is the plan ahead for 611 and is there any upcoming updates?
BTW FYI your ticker on the thread subject is 'SIL' but on coinmarketcap and all exchange the ticker is '611'.

Keep your Alts close, but your Bitcoin closer.
PatrickMacH (OP)

View Profile
July 19, 2017, 12:08:05 AM

Interesting one, just nobody knows it, needs a bit of promotion. What is the plan ahead for 611 and is there any upcoming updates?
The main focus of this project is the ability to use the blockchain as a name and id dictionary and to publish information using the blockchain.

Ownership of a name and/or id is based on ownership of a coin, so ownership of the information published belongs to the owner of a coin only! It can not be manipulated or censored by unauthorized third party without blocking access to the whole chain or system.

Everything contributing to that objective will get my support.

This project is missing a sustainable marketing strategy.
We need supporters publishing news and video clips about 611 on (social) media and we should organize a media campaign why it makes fun to use 611 coin.

There is no company behind this project and there are no investors involved into 611 yet. It's tech-freak work. I like the idea to use my own anonymous domain name system and that's why I made it public for everyones use.

BTW FYI your ticker on the thread subject is 'SIL' but on coinmarketcap and all exchange the ticker is '611'.

That's an interesting point:
  • The coin name is 611 (or SixEleven); it's related to the anonymous domain name 611.to which is the master public root of all 611 name (and id) objects.
  • The coin unity (= one coin of 611) is SIL. So if you send someone 11 coins of 611, you are sending him 11 SIL. It would be really confusing if you would have to send 11 611. Huh

Now comes the tricky part:
Some exchanges allow numerious coin names, like C-CEX or CoinExchange
some do not allow it, like Bittrex.

So let's start a discussion:
What name should we use for ticker(s) or exchange(s)?
What are your thoughts?

◥◣◥◣
◥◣◥◣
◥◣◥◣
◥◣◥◣
BonzoCorleone

Activity: 154
Merit: 100

@bonzocorleonee

View Profile
July 19, 2017, 03:32:07 PM

The main focus of this project is the ability to use the blockchain as a name and id dictionary and to publish information using the blockchain.

Ownership of a name and/or id is based on ownership of a coin, so ownership of the information published belongs to the owner of a coin only! It can not be manipulated or censored by unauthorized third party without blocking access to the whole chain or system.

Everything contributing to that objective will get my support.

This project is missing a sustainable marketing strategy.
We need supporters publishing news and video clips about 611 on (social) media and we should organize a media campaign why it makes fun to use 611 coin.

There is no company behind this project and there are no investors involved into 611 yet. It's tech-freak work. I like the idea to use my own anonymous domain name system and that's why I made it public for everyones use.

That's an interesting point:
  • The coin name is 611 (or SixEleven); it's related to the anonymous domain name 611.to which is the master public root of all 611 name (and id) objects.
  • The coin unity (= one coin of 611) is SIL. So if you send someone 11 coins of 611, you are sending him 11 SIL. It would be really confusing if you would have to send 11 611. Huh

Now comes the tricky part:
Some exchanges allow numerious coin names, like C-CEX or CoinExchange
some do not allow it, like Bittrex.

So let's start a discussion:
What name should we use for ticker(s) or exchange(s)?
What are your thoughts?
I think making slack / telegram group would be great for community engagement, as it would be hard for any coins to move forward without any community.
Also for the ticker, personally i think 'SIL'  would be better than '611'. But you probably need to contact coinmarketcap and all exchange that list sixeleven to change the ticker to 'SIL'

Keep your Alts close, but your Bitcoin closer.
blurryeyed

Activity: 670
Merit: 120

TIME TO BAN THE YOBIT SCAM!!

View Profile WWW
July 21, 2017, 10:42:19 AM

First things first - put up a proper block explorer so everyone can see where the 50% premine went.

GameCredits Unofficial: https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=5254720.0   Funniest/stupidest shit list thread ever:  https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=1064824.msg20344174#msg20344174 - The ultimate example of trust abuse by exposed scammer craslovell...
PatrickMacH (OP)

View Profile
July 22, 2017, 03:02:31 AM

First things first - put up a proper block explorer so everyone can see where the 50% premine went.
what's wrong for you with the 611 block explorer?
be.611.to
It's even displaying all name operations.

You are welcome to contribute your block explorer if you can make it better Smiley

◥◣◥◣
◥◣◥◣
◥◣◥◣
◥◣◥◣
doyeen

Activity: 97
Merit: 10

View Profile
July 23, 2017, 01:55:52 PM

611 (SixEleven)  now added to @cryptopia_nz. expect a boom
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 [23] 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 »
  Print  

Jump to: