Bitcoin Forum
May 28, 2024, 11:43:55 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 2 3 [4] 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 »  All
  Print  
Author Topic: Time to stand up to the XT shills here!  (Read 10598 times)
Quantus
Legendary

Activity: 883
Merit: 1005

View Profile
November 07, 2015, 10:46:55 PM

I will never support anything other than the original Bitcoin Core client unless the far majority of the pools and such decide otherwise. The votings tell that 99% of the votes are against XT, which says enough.

I agree they would need overwhelming support

(I am a 1MB block supporter who thinks all users should be using Full-Node clients)
Avoid the XT shills, they only want to destroy bitcoin, their hubris and greed will destroy us.
Know your adversary https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=BKorP55Aqvg
hdbuck
Legendary

Activity: 1260
Merit: 1002

View Profile
November 07, 2015, 11:00:52 PM

Miners are the last one with the power to choose of force/change something.

Miners are Gods here, everyone else dance the way they want or no one and nothing dances at all because the next block would be mined around the time Universe colapses. Keep in mind that by now most miners already paid-off their hardware and can just dump mined BTC and walk away.

oh yea may them walk away hashing for nasdaq while you're at it.

cjmoles
Legendary

Activity: 1176
Merit: 1016

View Profile WWW
November 08, 2015, 01:22:10 AM

I'm new here.  Is bitcoin broken or about to be broken?  From what I gather here....bitcoin seems to be becoming antiquated but nobody can figure out how to keep the blockchain healthy.  It seems that one side doesn't want it to change and the other side wants it to change too fast and too much.  I cannot figure out which side the shills are on.  If bitcoin is in danger of becoming antiquated, we might need to figure out the most efficient solution to avoid that from happening, or another technology WILL take over....plain and simple.
HostFat
Staff
Legendary

Activity: 4242
Merit: 1203

I support freedom of choice

View Profile WWW
November 08, 2015, 01:30:14 AM

I'm new here.  Is bitcoin broken or about to be broken?  From what I gather here....bitcoin seems to be becoming antiquated but nobody can figure out how to keep the blockchain healthy.  It seems that one side doesn't want it to change and the other side wants it to change too fast and too much.  I cannot figure out which side the shills are on.  If bitcoin is in danger of becoming antiquated, we might need to figure out the most efficient solution to avoid that from happening, or another technology WILL take over....plain and simple.
Someone here thinks that people out of here will wait forever for solution to their problems.
They think that Bitcoin will live forever as the only one.

How many of you are still using Napster/Winmx/Kazaa/DirectConnect/Shareaza/eDonkey/eMule... instead of BitTorrent to download files?

Are you all waiting to know what will be the BitTorrent (killer) of the Bitcoin?
Without innovation, Bitcoin is already waiting for its death.

NON DO ASSISTENZA PRIVATA - http://hostfatmind.com
danielW

Activity: 277
Merit: 253

View Profile
November 08, 2015, 02:24:06 AM

I would like to have a rational explanation about why you people think free choices must be fighted. And how does that fit bitcoin vision.
What we are not allowed to criticise XT and say its bad for Bitcoin? The answer to your question is: it must be fought because its a choice that is bad for Bitcoin.

Who ever said free choices can not be fought?

If somebody makes a free choice to rob my house can I fight their free choice?
Stringer Bell

Activity: 107
Merit: 11

View Profile
November 08, 2015, 10:00:32 AM

Users "knight22" and "meono", and their ilk, don't posses any other skill they can use to earn a living.

So they must resort to shilling. Can you imagine dedicating your whole day to spreading lies?

What a pathetic existence they must live. When you look back on your life, will you feel proud for attempting to destroy one of the most positive developments mankind has ever seen?
1Referee
Legendary

Activity: 2170
Merit: 1427

View Profile
November 08, 2015, 10:17:54 AM

I run a Bitcoin Core full node for months and I will definitely not change that. Pools are boss, I support whatever choice they make. It's fully clear that no one is waiting for XT beside a few rebellious people. If you guys want to develop your XT project further, make an announcement thread in the altcoin section. Good luck.
LiteCoinGuy
Legendary

Activity: 1148
Merit: 1010

In Satoshi I Trust

View Profile WWW
November 08, 2015, 10:22:20 AM

Users "knight22" and "meono", and their ilk, don't posses any other skill they can use to earn a living.

So they must resort to shilling. Can you imagine dedicating your whole day to spreading lies?

What a pathetic existence they must live. When you look back on your life, will you feel proud for attempting to destroy one of the most positive developments mankind has ever seen?

maybe they just want a solution in the blocksize debate? maybe they just want bitcoin to succeed and scale?

hopefully the next 3 months will bring that solution.

@HostFat

good point. to be static at this stage means death.

erre
Legendary

Activity: 1666
Merit: 1205

View Profile
November 08, 2015, 10:40:33 AM

Come on, XT is only a way to democratically and gradually increase block size . Maybe it is not the final or the best solution, but 7 tx per second is really too few yo imagine a working btc economy.... We need this to be resolved BEFORE it becomes an issue.

Roll a dice FOR FREE every hour, and win up to $200 in btc ---> CLICK HERE

Tip me using the LIGHTING NETWORK! -->https://tippin.me/@Erre96344121
hdbuck
Legendary

View Profile
November 08, 2015, 10:41:29 AM

Come on, XT is only a way to democratically and gradually increase block size . Maybe it is not the final or the best solution, but 7 tx per second is really too few yo imagine a working btc economy.... We need this to be resolved BEFORE it becomes an issue.

Amph
Legendary

Activity: 3206
Merit: 1069

View Profile
November 08, 2015, 10:44:42 AM

the proble is that xt pretend to add features that they think they are useful when they are clearly not, like that shit about the IP traceability

the problem is the limit? good, fix that only, don't touch anything else, this cna be implemented easily in core, without changing its name to fancy thing like XT/zeta/super ....
Denker
Legendary

Activity: 1442
Merit: 1014

View Profile
November 08, 2015, 10:59:11 AM

I agree that concerning the blocksize something has to happen. And I believe we will solve this issue.
But I will never support XT to achieve this. There are several other options and in december we will see it.
And I wonder why again the XT guys try to make trouble.Hearn isn't even going to HK and is acting like a small kid who doesn't get what he wants. That guy means pure trouble imo.

I say it again.Yes to blocksize increase as far as possible under the conditions that Bitcoin stays decentralized as much as possible.Go with 2 or 4 MB whatever.
But no to XT!!!!
Posum578

Activity: 336
Merit: 250

View Profile
November 08, 2015, 11:16:56 AM

The rise of block size to 2MB or higher is essential in the next two years to make bitcoin usable for most people and not to increase the transaction fee too much.
gambit1

Activity: 980
Merit: 508

View Profile
November 08, 2015, 12:03:29 PM

I don't know that much about the topic; I feel like a newcomer to the Israel/Palestine conflict. I know some of the basics I suppose but the level of vitriol is amazing.

Who should I support? Also if anyone needs any "paid shills" my rates are quite reasonable  Grin. (That last part was a joke, I should probably point that out).  Roll Eyes
da2ce7
Legendary

Activity: 1222

Live and Let Live

View Profile
November 08, 2015, 02:51:48 PM

The XT crew have made lowcows of themselves.  Even Gavin has moved back to working on Bitcoin Core (on github).

It is kinda funny seeing Coinbase come out in support for XT, since the entire technical community has moved on.

To make it short:

XT is treated as joke. (in the technical community).

Shocked Shocked Shocked

One off NP-Hard.
gambit1

Activity: 980
Merit: 508

View Profile
November 08, 2015, 03:00:54 PM

Is that cow in your signature Gavin cause it looks like Fernando Torres.
HostFat
Staff
Legendary

Activity: 4242
Merit: 1203

I support freedom of choice

View Profile WWW
November 08, 2015, 03:16:29 PM

The XT crew have made lowcows of themselves.  Even Gavin has moved back to working on Bitcoin Core (on github).
He has never stopped.
All the claim from idiots that he was stopped developing on Bitcoin was pure shit  Roll Eyes

Maybe all of you should get back to reality
http://forums.prohashing.com/viewtopic.php?f=11&t=650&p=2467

NON DO ASSISTENZA PRIVATA - http://hostfatmind.com
brg444

Activity: 644
Merit: 504

Bitcoin replaces central, not commercial, banks

View Profile
November 08, 2015, 03:42:41 PM

The XT crew have made lowcows of themselves.  Even Gavin has moved back to working on Bitcoin Core (on github).
He has never stopped.
All the claim from idiots that he was stopped developing on Bitcoin was pure shit  Roll Eyes

Cheesy Cheesy Cheesy

The altcoin post...

Someone should seriously ban you it's shame how desperate you are

"I believe this will be the ultimate fate of Bitcoin, to be the "high-powered money" that serves as a reserve currency for banks that issue their own digital cash." Hal Finney, Dec. 2010
hdbuck
Legendary

View Profile
November 08, 2015, 03:53:24 PM

He has never stopped.

Cheesy Cheesy Cheesy

The altcoin post...

Someone should seriously ban you it's shame how desperate you are

yet another example of theymos' leniency.

great altcoin wet dreaming  post, staff boy.

da2ce7
Legendary

Activity: 1222

Live and Let Live

View Profile
November 08, 2015, 04:02:34 PM

Is that cow in your signature Gavin cause it looks like Fernando Torres.

It is actually Sacha Baron Cohen in his publicity event for the movie Brüno. Quite a fitting profile picture for this forum, I think.

One off NP-Hard.
Pages: « 1 2 3 [4] 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 »  All
  Print  

Jump to: