Bitcoin Forum
May 04, 2024, 05:08:13 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 2 3 [4] 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 »  All
  Print  
Author Topic: Is it a waste of time mentioning Bitcoin to friends and family?  (Read 14645 times)
Cereberus
Legendary

Activity: 910
Merit: 1000

View Profile
November 11, 2015, 11:35:37 PM

Don't bother to tell anyone about it now. They will just laugh in your face and say they can use that $309 for groceries to feed their kids for a week. Undecided

██    ██    ██    ██
  ██    ██    ██    ██
██    ██    ██    ██
              ██    ██
            ██    ██
          ██    ██
        ██    ██
      ██    ██       
    ██    ██    ██    ██
  ██    ██    ██    ██
██    ██    ██    ██
TRADEPLAYZ
█ 
█ 
█     
█  █
█  █ 
█  █ 
█  █
    █  █
  █  █
  █  █
        █
    █
      █   
TOURNAMENT PVP SYSTEM
  FACEBOOK |  TWITTER  |  LINKEDIN  |  TELEGRAM  |  GITHUB  |  ANN  | INSTAGRAM 

█ 
█ 
█     
█  █
█  █ 
█  █ 
█  █
    █  █
  █  █
  █  █
        █
    █
      █   

█▄
                     ████▄
                     ██████▄
                     ████████▄
                     ██████████▄
                     ████████████▄
                     ██████████████▄
                     ███████████████
                     ██████████████▀
                     ████████████▀
                     ██████████▀
                     ████████▀
                     ██████▀
                     ████▀
                     █
█▀
GOOGLE PLAY

▄█████████████▄
                            ███████████████
                            █░░░░░░░░░░░░░█
                            █░░░░░░░░░░░░░█
                            █░░░░░░░░░░░░░█
                            █░░░░░░░░░░░░░█
                            █░░░░░░░░░░░░░█
                            █░░░░░░░░░░░░░█
                            █░░░░░░░░░░░░░█
                            █░░░░░░░░░░░░░█
                            █░░░░░░░░░░░░░█
                            █░░░░░░░░░░░░░█
                            █░░░░░░░░░░░░░█
                            ██████▀▀▀██████
                             ▀████▄▄▄▄████▀
  APPSTORE
No Gods or Kings. Only Bitcoin
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
MR.Seller

Activity: 140
Merit: 100

View Profile
November 12, 2015, 02:29:38 AM

some of people are to busy to earn money or just do something to their business or job.  so if you just tell about btc they will make laugh at you and say "I have a lot to do so maybe you can tell to others who have more time to spent in useless coins what you want me to try"

really?? So for me why should I share this to others if someone told me like that ?

^^^^Researcher^^^^
Possum577

Activity: 434
Merit: 250

Loose lips sink sigs!

View Profile WWW
November 12, 2015, 02:38:28 AM

Never!

But i only recently started feeling this way. The more we talk about it the more familiar it becomes to people. Less mystery. Less weird. More "maybe i shpuld get into this!"

Possum577

Activity: 434

Loose lips sink sigs!

View Profile WWW
November 12, 2015, 02:39:24 AM

some of people are to busy to earn money or just do something to their business or job.  so if you just tell about btc they will make laugh at you and say "I have a lot to do so maybe you can tell to others who have more time to spent in useless coins what you want me to try"

really?? So for me why should I share this to others if someone told me like that ?

What?!  Who's too busy to earn money? We all need to earn money to live!!

MR.Seller

View Profile
November 12, 2015, 02:47:59 AM

Yes sir, Some of people focus on one. they scared or no trust in anything they just do what is tested to there life. My friend told me that experience I really mad to the man who said that to my friend.

^^^^Researcher^^^^
richardsNY
Legendary

Activity: 1232
Merit: 1091

View Profile
November 12, 2015, 04:26:03 AM

Exactly! I think if you share the basic things with them in very easy-non technical language with them about Bitcoin, then they surely have a good think about it. If they don't care about the possibilities after you explained everything in detail to them, then it's not your fault. They are simply not interested then.
Proxiebuier

Activity: 364

View Profile
November 12, 2015, 04:42:39 AM

Is it a waste of time mentioning Bitcoin to friends and family?
NO
if they are enthusiastic and curious about technology
YES
if your family/friend indifferent and unconcerned about technology
MR.Seller

View Profile
November 12, 2015, 04:49:31 AM

Exactly! I think if you share the basic things with them in very easy-non technical language with them about Bitcoin, then they surely have a good think about it. If they don't care about the possibilities after you explained everything in detail to them, then it's not your fault. They are simply not interested then.

My friend told me he didn't show any rude or any bad words to him. He just tell exactly what btc is and they just talking about there own earning in life my friend told me where the man attitude came from by that time. Maybe he have bipolar disorder LOL just kidding. By the way I just share my friend story not mine 

^^^^Researcher^^^^
mixan
Legendary

Activity: 966

TRUMP IS DOING THE BEST! MAKE AMERICA GREAT AGAIN!

View Profile
November 12, 2015, 04:56:42 AM

Yes sir, Some of people focus on one. they scared or no trust in anything they just do what is tested to there life. My friend told me that experience I really mad to the man who said that to my friend.
That's why the majority of people will not try their hand in it. Out of fear of losing their money. Usually the people who work hard for their money will have this kind of attitude.
Tested and true, sure. But that is the old money way of talking. Think Warren Buffet with those words when talking about money vs. cryptocurrencies. He will never accept it's use since he has the old world of money way of thinking.

The parasite hates three things: free markets, free will, and free men.
jakelyson
Legendary

Activity: 2184
Merit: 1069

View Profile
November 12, 2015, 04:58:18 AM

I have considered telling my family and some of my friends about Bitcoin but whenever I've tried, they fail to understand why it does have value and why it is extremely important specially in the current socioeconomic context.. they don't get it and see it as something really strange. Needless to say I wouldn't tell them to put any money on it. In a way it feels like im keeping something amazing to myself, but at the same time, I don't want to put people into the pressure of holding through rallies long term because most people aren't cut for that.

How to introduce Bitcoin to absolutely clueless people and is there even a point? Should we just let time pass and wait for them to naturally learn about it once it goes more mainstream?

I do not waste time talking to them about bitcoins. They do not appreciate it and their are not techie enough to try using bitcoin. It's my friends and officemates who are interested in it. We talk about it almost everyday. Price movements, new ways to earn bitcoin. That kind of stuffs.
Shinpako09
Legendary

Activity: 1988
Merit: 1015

View Profile
November 12, 2015, 05:08:44 AM

Nah, I think it's a good idea because if you there's also a bitcoiner in your family you can work together to earn a bitcoin. Plus you can get a loan easily whenever you ask without collateral.
Snorek
Legendary

Activity: 1400
Merit: 1001

View Profile
November 12, 2015, 05:14:26 AM

-snip-
How to introduce Bitcoin to absolutely clueless people and is there even a point? Should we just let time pass and wait for them to naturally learn about it once it goes more mainstream?
Naturally learn from where? From media? Where bitcoin is often presented as "virtual currency" of cyber criminals and terrorists?
Or from their bank where they probably learn that bitcoin is unstable, and is 'not backed' by Banks therefore it is risky to even look at it?
freedomno1
Legendary

Activity: 1806
Merit: 1090

Learning the troll avoidance button :)

View Profile
November 12, 2015, 05:27:03 AM

It's not quite a lost cause but it is still fairly complex to buy Bitcoins seeing the time it takes to go to an exchange etc.
Explaining the idea and concept is simple enough if you consider applications for Bitcoin like recording transactions cheaply, sending money abroad using mobile platforms and mentioning exchanges and services that take Bitcoin already.

Believing in Bitcoins and it's ability to change the world
MR.Seller

View Profile
November 12, 2015, 05:30:35 AM

some of people are to busy to earn money or just do something to their business or job.  so if you just tell about btc they will make laugh at you and say "I have a lot to do so maybe you can tell to others who have more time to spent in useless coins what you want me to try"

What?!  Who's too busy to earn money? We all need to earn money to live!!

That's why the majority of people will not try their hand in it. Out of fear of losing their money. Usually the people who work hard for their money will have this kind of attitude.
Tested and true, sure. But that is the old money way of talking. Think Warren Buffet with those words when talking about money vs. cryptocurrencies. He will never accept it's use since he has the old world of money way of thinking.

Of course not all people have guts. And its not their weakness, its because they don't have any extra money to buy or to spend to anything that they didn't experience. And I know some people have there limit to there money and its reserved to their daily life.  

^^^^Researcher^^^^
bitbaby

Activity: 812

View Profile WWW
November 12, 2015, 05:39:33 AM

I have considered telling my family and some of my friends about Bitcoin but whenever I've tried, they fail to understand why it does have value and why it is extremely important specially in the current socioeconomic context.. they don't get it and see it as something really strange. Needless to say I wouldn't tell them to put any money on it. In a way it feels like im keeping something amazing to myself, but at the same time, I don't want to put people into the pressure of holding through rallies long term because most people aren't cut for that.

You're so right about this, when you tell your family or friends to buy bitcoins as an investment they look at you like there's something in it for you, which is not the case, so what I do now is try to educate to them what bitcoin is as a currency and how it will change the way we keep/spend the money in future, if they see something in it, they ask me themselves how they can buy it and then I point them into the right direction, if not, then I don't mention it to them ever again. So don't persuade anybody to buy it but do educate anyone you can.

croato

Activity: 616
Merit: 500

1BkEzspSxp2zzHiZTtUZJ6TjEb1hERFdRr

View Profile
November 12, 2015, 11:57:30 AM

Well, on second tought, in my opinion it mostly depend on who you are in real life. If you are trusted member of community in real life, sure it is worth to mention and introduce ppl to bitcoin. But if you are some lowlife scumbag, please dont do it LOL.
Pierre 2
Legendary

Activity: 2408
Merit: 1358

View Profile
November 12, 2015, 12:00:12 PM

I guess it is not affective to chat about Bitcoin around friends.
Only tech geeks are really interested in btc, others seem interested but they are not.
ShetKid

Activity: 392

View Profile
November 12, 2015, 12:18:52 PM

Not a waste . I got my friend introduced to bitcoin and soon after he became a localbitcoin trader and now makes a living out of just that. Also its good for bitcoin overall. So its good to.
Light

Activity: 742
Merit: 502

Circa 2010

View Profile
November 12, 2015, 12:21:39 PM

You're so right about this, when you tell your family or friends to buy bitcoins as an investment they look at you like there's something in it for you, which is not the case, so what I do now is try to educate to them what bitcoin is as a currency and how it will change the way we keep/spend the money in future, if they see something in it, they ask me themselves how they can buy it and then I point them into the right direction, if not, then I don't mention it to them ever again. So don't persuade anybody to buy it but do educate anyone you can.

To add another point - in general people will tend to blame you if their investment does poorly, and in Bitcoins case it has a tendency for rapid high/low movement in the space of a few days. You don't really want to turn a friendship into something sour because people think you're trying to sell them something that turns out to hurt them.

IMO, if people are interested by all means talk and tell them about it - but if they don't care/interest doesn't lie there I wouldn't spend to much time on it. They'll come around if Bitcoin does make it big and if it doesn't nothing lost.
knowhow

Activity: 560
Merit: 500

View Profile
November 14, 2015, 11:25:59 AM

I never sugested anyone to invest into it i had telled them there is a way to get an income montly from doing almost nothing,can be captcha,faucets or signature.
Pages: « 1 2 3 [4] 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 »  All
  Print  

Jump to: