Bitcoin Forum
June 25, 2024, 11:03:51 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 [11] 12 »  All
  Print  
Author Topic: [888] OctoCoin Core 10.4  (Read 39550 times)
This is a self-moderated topic. If you do not want to be moderated by the person who started this topic, create a new topic.
myfirst (OP)

Activity: 156
Merit: 100

Crypto Currency Developer

View Profile
December 21, 2017, 03:16:10 AM

What’s the maximum number of coins?

Total Octocoin: Between** 81,350,163 and 135,776,563
Burned Coins: 19,594,994.11240185 Octocoin burned and can never be spent.

Also, I'm in the process of merging in Litecoin Core 0.14.2, however should we bring in Segwit or leave it out?
myfirst (OP)

View Profile
December 27, 2017, 07:37:27 AM

Nice Milestone hit:
Block 800000 mined at 2017-12-27 06:06:18

97,383 blocks remain till next halving, approximately 100 days, which should happen around April 5, 2018.

Bounty:

2500 OCT for a countdown site similar to litecoinblockhalf.com.
j4y_naKomodo

Activity: 56
Merit: 0

View Profile
January 05, 2018, 08:53:04 PM

Hello OctoCoin community ---

OctoCoin is available for atomic swap trading on Komodo Platform's decentralized exchange, BarterDEX! Right NOW, peer2peer, on Mainnet with live orderbooks. Anyone can test it out if you'd like. We are taking privacy to new heights by keeping your funds and privkeys in YOUR HANDS! zK-SNARK coin Jumblr in YOUR HANDS! Liquidity of each coin is still building, but BarterDEX can pair your coin with any other of the 80+ coins on the exchange. If a team member, perhaps someone from marketing, would like to test out an atomic swap through our GUI, please send me a DM : ) We have a team availabe for walking leaders of featured coins through the Komodo ecosystem to teach you how your community can benefit from BarterDEX!

This is truly a community project - the keys are now in your hands! YOU can be a marketmaker for your coin, making it available to BarterDEX users around the globe ‪24/7‬. YOU can create a SPV electrum server, allowing BarterDEX users to manage and trade your coin without downloading the entire blockchain. We would be happy to assist you with setting these up. It would be nice to have your coin paired with KMD - then we could introduce it to the community as having liquidity in BarterDEX!

Welcome to the BarterDEX decentralized exchange!

Trade freely and safely,
Jay
myfirst (OP)

View Profile
January 06, 2018, 11:32:32 PM

OctoCoin is available for atomic swap trading on Komodo Platform's decentralized exchange, BarterDEX! Right NOW, peer2peer, on Mainnet with live orderbooks. Anyone can test it out if you'd like. We are taking privacy to new heights by keeping your funds and privkeys in YOUR HANDS! zK-SNARK coin Jumblr in YOUR HANDS! Liquidity of each coin is still building, but BarterDEX can pair your coin with any other of the 80+ coins on the exchange. If a team member, perhaps someone from marketing, would like to test out an atomic swap through our GUI, please send me a DM : ) We have a team availabe for walking leaders of featured coins through the Komodo ecosystem to teach you how your community can benefit from BarterDEX!

This is truly a community project - the keys are now in your hands! YOU can be a marketmaker for your coin, making it available to BarterDEX users around the globe ‪24/7‬. YOU can create a SPV electrum server, allowing BarterDEX users to manage and trade your coin without downloading the entire blockchain. We would be happy to assist you with setting these up. It would be nice to have your coin paired with KMD - then we could introduce it to the community as having liquidity in BarterDEX!

Trade freely and safely,
Jay

Very nice, please send more details on the SPV server setup.
j4y_naKomodo

Activity: 56

View Profile
January 12, 2018, 04:00:45 PM

Trade freely and safely,
Jay

Very nice, please send more details on the SPV server setup.

Hello again,

I realized that I never linked you to the Github wiki explanation on how to set up a SPV electrum server, so... there it is! And if you are curious, our SPV electrum servers are customized for Komodo and were not affected by the recent security risk.
XenInvestments

Activity: 126

View Profile WWW
January 15, 2018, 08:18:40 AM

Hello everyone!

Glad to see that the Octocoin community is still alive.

Can we get a status report? It would be nice to know if the developers are still around, and if there are any future plans.

Also, is it possible to have the developers contact the administrators at YoBit.net and have them take the Octocoin wallet off of "maintenance mode" so that we can withdraw funds?
myfirst (OP)

View Profile
January 16, 2018, 05:03:00 AM

Can we get a status report? It would be nice to know if the developers are still around, and if there are any future plans.

The original developers are gone, but I've done some work to keep the codebase up to date.  Any future plans depend entirely on the community/holders. I will be glad to offer some assistance in direction.  (the company I work for has some slight interest in Octocoin which is why I am able to dedicate some time to it.)

Also, is it possible to have the developers contact the administrators at YoBit.net and have them take the Octocoin wallet off of "maintenance mode" so that we can withdraw funds?

YoBit under provisions hardware and oversells it's capacity.  Meaning they have countless number of markets but don't actively run all the wallets/nodes for each of those markets.  Initially, they'll have the wallet/node running, but later suspend it so they can continue to add more markets.  It's a terrible way to do business and will ultimately come back and bite them.

I've already asked YoBit to re-enable to wallet, but I'm getting no response from them.
XenInvestments

Activity: 126

View Profile WWW
January 16, 2018, 06:33:25 AM

The original developers are gone, but I've done some work to keep the codebase up to date.  Any future plans depend entirely on the community/holders. I will be glad to offer some assistance in direction.  (the company I work for has some slight interest in Octocoin which is why I am able to dedicate some time to it.)

YoBit under provisions hardware and oversells it's capacity.  Meaning they have countless number of markets but don't actively run all the wallets/nodes for each of those markets.  Initially, they'll have the wallet/node running, but later suspend it so they can continue to add more markets.  It's a terrible way to do business and will ultimately come back and bite them.

I've already asked YoBit to re-enable to wallet, but I'm getting no response from them.

I would like to assist in developing Octocoin. I am willing to contribute via marketing, website construction, writing, social media, etc.

Please let me know if there is any way I can help directly. We need to get Octocoin off the ground!

Can you explain why your company is expressing an interest in Octocoin?
nonametouse

Activity: 42

View Profile
January 18, 2018, 12:52:24 AM

Cryptopia Wallet still error
nonametouse

View Profile
January 18, 2018, 01:54:09 PM

I ask Cryptopia Dev, they told me, you need to create the Ticket and give them ticket number.
Hope to hear good news soon.
nonametouse

View Profile
January 19, 2018, 01:04:45 AM

I ask Cryptopia Dev, they told me, you need to create the Ticket and give them ticket number.
Hope to hear good news soon.

I put in a ticket on 1/11 with the error and gave them 3 working nodes. No reply at all. Maybe you will have better luck

Give me your ticket number
AtlanticWaves

Activity: 135

View Profile
January 19, 2018, 06:08:51 AM

Hi,

Jumping in here as well.  I have 25k coins stuck in transit since 12/27
Ticket #104658 - 888 Octocoin

All the transaction ID's are in the ticket

Thanks,
~ AtlanticWaves
FireFlame

Activity: 6

View Profile
January 19, 2018, 02:18:07 PM

Hi. Need Help . I sent octo from wallet to cryptopia 2 days ago, but dont still receive them
odadef11

Activity: 106

View Profile
January 26, 2018, 10:55:46 AM

I also sent on Cryptopia octocoin and they never came
BadManOnTheRun

Activity: 38

View Profile
January 27, 2018, 09:27:10 AM

Cryptopia wont even generate a deposit address for me............ comes up with error every time, ive 10000 octos i want to trade  Angry - ive opened a ticket but not had any response as yet
myfirst (OP)

View Profile
January 27, 2018, 08:22:58 PM

I'll be releasing a new wallet based on the latest Litecoin source tree in the coming weeks.  It will have the segwit code included but I will not have it activated by default.
myfirst (OP)

View Profile
January 27, 2018, 10:08:53 PM

I'm pleased to announce that a new exchange has listed Octocoin

Crypto Markets Exchange South Africa

888/BTC
888/LTC
BadManOnTheRun

Activity: 38

View Profile
January 28, 2018, 12:32:44 PM

any idea as to when the connection to cryptopia will be sorted?
myfirst (OP)

View Profile
January 28, 2018, 10:28:51 PM

any idea as to when the connection to cryptopia will be sorted?

I can only suggest you open tickets with them.  I don't have any leverage over what Cryptopia does with their systems.
williamsmith

Activity: 476

View Profile
January 29, 2018, 09:25:12 AM

CRYPTO MARKETS SOUTH AFRICA

We are pleased to announce that OCTO COIN is listed on Crypto Markets

Our exchange is live and ready for trading - visit www.cryptomarkets.co.za

The following crypto currencies can be traded on Crypto Markets South Africa for BTC LTC DOGE

Cuurently trading live:

Platinum Core - PLTCR
Bitcoin - BTC
Litecoin -LTC
Dogecoin - DOGE
LiteQuark - LTQ
Hidden Talk Coin - HTK
Marblecoin - MARCO
Pyramidscoin - PYRA
ZeroMN - ZRM
Dancecoin - DANCE
Blast - BLAST