Bitcoin Forum
May 03, 2024, 08:23:53 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 [11] 12 13 14 15 »  All
  Print  
Author Topic: Introducing PevPot.com The Bitcoin Lottery  (Read 12237 times)
dooglus
Legendary

Activity: 2940
Merit: 1330

View Profile
January 03, 2016, 06:05:24 AM
Last edit: January 03, 2016, 06:47:36 AM by dooglus

The site is too new for someone to bet 10 BTC on a pot to win like 0.00001 profit.........

The profit is never anywhere near that low. And I bet over 10 BTC the very first week.

Think about it ryan the site owner who also owns bustabit would be the only person who would do that.

I bet over 16 BTC on the first round. Think about it your wrong.

One of the bets was sent from my poloniex account and the other from my moneypot account. I have a copy of the pevpot "Letter of Guarantee" for both deposit addresses.

What you're probably missing here is that Ryan is known to be trustworthy. He has handled massive amounts of bitcoin at bustabit with no complaints from anyone as far as I've heard. I was happy to trust him with my 16 BTC, and am confident that I lost it fair and square.

If you can't see ryan the site owner is the person adding the 10 BTC bet you are blind.

I know for a fact that it wasn't him the first week.

Just-Dice                 ██             
          ██████████         
      ██████████████████     
  ██████████████████████████ 
██████████████████████████████
    ██████████████████████   
        ██████████████       
            ██████           
   Play or Invest                 ██             
          ██████████         
      ██████████████████     
    ██████████████████████   
        ██████████████       
            ██████           
   1% House Edge

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
According to NIST and ECRYPT II, the cryptographic algorithms used in Bitcoin are expected to be strong until at least 2030. (After that, it will not be too difficult to transition to different algorithms.)
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
btc-raffle.com

Activity: 42
Merit: 0

View Profile
January 03, 2016, 06:14:15 AM

Seems like the site owner can just deposit 10 BTC and have a huge chance of winning.

So could anyone else. You also have a small chance of losing 10 BTC. If you want to take that risk, do so. It's +EV after all.

I looked at the site and red flags pop up saying thats what is happening.

I don't see them when I visit. Scan for malware.

If you're saying you are seeing something that makes you think the site operator is cheating, please share it with us. The owner went to quite some lengths to set things up such that it is impossible for him to cheat. If you see a way he could be cheating I would love to hear about it.

I can't help but notice you have what looks like a URL for your account name. I wonder if perhaps you run a competing service. Could that maybe be colouring your vision?

I checked your so-called provably fair system and it's kind of laughable. You use the txid of the "last bitcoin transaction".

As you can see, the hash of bitcoin transaction is totally unpredictable

The problem is that the hash of a bitcoin transaction is entirely predictable. I can pre-generate thousands of them and have them ready for broadcasting. Then I pick a bunch that make my ticket win and broadcast them at just the right time. If I was you, I could then pick one of them and claim that it was "the last bitcoin transaction". In other words your system isn't provably fair at all. It's exploitable by players, and cheatable by yourself.

I think you should rethink the system you use before making such a half-assed complaint against a better thought out game.

If you look only 1 person buys a ton of tickets and wins every time.

Check the first draw. I bought a ton of tickets and lost. I haven't played since.

So could anyone else? YES

But the clear as day fact is no one would. The person who buys 10 BTC on pevpot is ryan. (or his staff)

No one in there right mind would drop $3,000+ to win $5

Lets talk about that ok?

But just because you talked about my site i feel to end that discussion with.

The " bitcoin transaction " hash we use is also taken randomly + the combination of the total "satoshi"
This means its 100% provably fair. Please read and understand our "Provable fair"  page before making such false claims

dooglus
Legendary

View Profile
January 03, 2016, 06:30:51 AM

But the clear as day fact is no one would. The person who buys 10 BTC on pevpot is ryan. (or his staff)

I have you at a disadvantage, since I know for a fact that I *did* exactly what you are claiming nobody would do. I bet 16 BTC on the very first draw. See the post immediately above yours for (kinda rough, screenshot based) proof.

Lets talk about that ok?

The pot has never been as low as $5. The early-bird bonus has never been less than 0.1 BTC. I know, because Just-Dice has sponsored it for that much every week after the first week thanks to a generous donation from cowbay, the winner of the first week's draw.

And it seems a little rude to say I'm not in my right mind. I got my money in good and was unlucky not to win. It was a +EV bet. You don't find those very often.

The " bitcoin transaction " hash we use is also taken randomly + the combination of the total "satoshi"
This means its 100% provably fair. Please read and understand our "Provable fair"  page before making such false claims

I don't think you understand. The total "satoshi" is known 30 seconds before you pick the transaction. That gives you 30 seconds to find a nice txid that will let you win. Then you pick a txid "at random". That isn't provably fair. How can you prove that you picked it at random as opposed to deliberately picking one that let you win? You can't.

██████████         
      ██████████████████     
    ██████████████████████   
        ██████████████       
            ██████           
          ██████████         
      ██████████████████     
    ██████████████████████   
        ██████████████       
            ██████           
   1% House Edge
btc-raffle.com

View Profile
January 03, 2016, 06:41:32 AM

I have you at a disadvantage, since I know for a fact that I *did* exactly what you are claiming nobody would do. I bet 16 BTC on the very first draw. See the post immediately above yours for (kinda rough, screenshot based) proof.

Lets talk about that ok?

The pot has never been as low as $5. The early-bird bonus has never been less than 0.1 BTC. I know, because Just-Dice has sponsored it for that much every week after the first week thanks to a generous donation from cowbay, the winner of the first week's draw.

And it seems a little rude to say I'm not in my right mind. I got my money in good and was unlucky not to win. It was a +EV bet. You don't find those very often.

I don't think you understand. The total "satoshi" is known 30 seconds before you pick the transaction. That gives you 30 seconds to find a nice txid that will let you win. Then you pick a txid "at random". That isn't provably fair. How can you prove that you picked it at random as opposed to deliberately picking one that let you win? You can't.

dooglus has been following this thread from the beginning.......

He has tried over and over to jump off topic and talk about my site..........

Just a guess but this guy is a partner with ryan.

Also dooglus please understand our provably fair before you make false allegations.

We do NOT know the final hash the game picks it after the 30 seconds is over. If you could just read our provably fair section on our FAQ page you would know this.

If you would like to discuss our "provably fair system" please use our thread at
https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=1312679.0

Please keep this thread on topic about pevpot

Thanks.
cazkooo
Legendary

Activity: 1540
Merit: 1013

View Profile
January 03, 2016, 06:45:34 AM

Dooglus will probably never get his hand on btc gambling again because of legal issues, even if he decided to go back again then he can switch justdice back to btc and this is just crazy way to accuse dooglus since he is right about your site
btc-raffle.com

View Profile
January 03, 2016, 06:50:28 AM

Dooglus will probably never get his hand on btc gambling again because of legal issues, even if he decided to go back again then he can switch justdice back to btc and this is just crazy way to accuse dooglus since he is right about your site

Please explain how he is right about my site?

Sounds like you haven't  been to the site before. We pick the winning number AFTER the game is over.
btc-raffle.com

View Profile
January 03, 2016, 06:55:42 AM

Sounds like you haven't  been to the site before. We pick the winning number AFTER the game is over.

Also the way you speak about dooglus sounds like your close..... That sends out even more red flags you all are a partner.
dooglus
Legendary

View Profile
January 03, 2016, 07:02:03 AM
Last edit: January 03, 2016, 07:20:23 AM by dooglus

dooglus has been following this thread from the beginning.......

Yes. It's an innovative new twist on the tired old lottery concept. A +EV lottery - did you ever see that before?

I would never have heard of your site if you didn't start posting in this thread using its URL as your name. Since you are accusing pevpot of cheating somehow (when that's impossible, since it's provably fair) I thought it only fair to see where you were coming from. I found that your site isn't provably fair, for the reasons I have already given.

I'm not. I used to talk to him pretty regularly, but haven't heard from him for a while now. He's a smart guy and I like his work.

Also dooglus please understand our provably fair before you make false allegations.

I do understand it, and have pointed out what is wrong with it in my previous post. You can't just say "we pick a random txid" and think that that is provably fair. You need to find a way of picking the outcome that is repeatable and verifiable by any third party.

We do NOT know the final hash the game picks it after the 30 seconds is over. If you could just read our provably fair section on our FAQ page you would know this.

I understand, but it isn't pro ably fair. I did read your FAQ, but what it describes isn't provably fair.

What you are doing is no better than using random.org to pick the winner. Yes it's fair. No it isn't provable. You could pick any number you like and tell me you got it from random.org. Or you could pick 3 different numbers from random.org and use the best one. I wouldn't be able to tell that you picked it the way to claimed to pick it.

If you would like to discuss our "provably fair system" please use our thread

I am using the comparison of the two sites in an attempt to explain to you how pevpot is provably fair and your site isn't.

Read up on how pevpot's provable fairness works. Nobody knows who won the game for about an hour after the result is decided. The stuff about "key stretching" is required to make sure nobody is cheating. It's not just there for fun - it's necessary. You don't have anything like it. Perhaps if you could understand what purpose it serves, you would then be able to see why it is necessary, and how the lack of anything similar on your site makes it open to abuse.

Sounds like you haven't  been to the site before. We pick the winning number AFTER the game is over.

You should read more and write less. If there's anything I'm saying that you don't understand, I can try to help you understand it. The way things currently are, your site is open to abuse so it is in your interest to fix it.

Can you imagine a way that you could cheat if you didn't pick the winning number until after the game is over? It's not hard. You just buy a ticket, then pick that ticket's number as the winning number. Now can you think of a way that you can prove that you aren't doing that? That's the hard bit, and that's the bit that you can't do using your system.

Also the way you speak about dooglus sounds like your close..... That sends out even more red flags you all are a partner.

I've no idea who cazkooo is. (Sorry cazkooo if I should remember you). The way he speaks sounds to me like either he understands my point and sees that I am right, or knows enough about me to know that I wouldn't be talking like this if I wasn't. Smiley

Even if all three of us *were* working together, it wouldn't matter. The game is provably fair. We couldn't cheat you even if we somehow worked together.

Edit: I just looked at your trust feedback and saw that at least three different people have already tried and failed to get you to understand that your site isn't provably fair:

I'll be leaving similar feedback if you don't stop falsely claiming your site to be provably fair. Two ways to do so:

1) fix the provable fairness; make it actually provably fair

2) stop claiming it is provably fair when it isn't

██████████         
      ██████████████████     
    ██████████████████████   
        ██████████████       
            ██████           
          ██████████         
      ██████████████████     
    ██████████████████████   
        ██████████████       
            ██████           
   1% House Edge
gamblebuilder

Activity: 108
Merit: 10

View Profile
January 03, 2016, 07:19:54 AM

You should read more and write less. If there's anything I'm saying that you don't understand, I can try to help you understand it. The way things currently are, your site is open to abuse so it is in your interest to fix it.

Can you imagine a way that you could cheat if you didn't pick the winning number until after the game is over? It's not hard. You just buy a ticket, then pick that ticket's number as the winning number. Now can you think of a way that you can prove that you aren't doing that? That's the hard bit, and that's the bit that you can't do using your system.

============================================================================
Clearly, you did not understand our provably fair.  The lucky number is not picked like you site does.  It's generated by the hash and total pot. The time the lucky number is generated is the time txid is generated.
You can compare both time on our site and blockchain.info. Anyone can see TXIDs on our site is synced with bitcoin network. it's flashing every second. compare it with blockchain.info side by side please.
You mind may be stuck with your site for too long. But please think out of box, or whatever. No every site works like yours.

dooglus
Legendary

View Profile
January 03, 2016, 07:27:30 AM

That's what I said.

Clearly, you did not understand our provably fair.

Who are you? Is this the same guy on a different account? Or are you the "brains" behind the operation?

The lucky number is not picked like you site does.  It's generated by the hash and total pot. The time the lucky number is generated is the time txid is generated.

I keep telling you, I understand it works, but it isn't provably fair. You cannot tell what time a txid was generated. Take a look at a transaction up close. It doesn't contain a timestamp.

You can compare both time on our site and blockchain.info. Anyone can see TXIDs on our site is synced with bitcoin network. it's flashing every second. compare it with blockchain.info side by side please.

I understand. There are multiple transactions per second. You can pick any of them, and make your own. You understand that they are created by regular people, right? There's nothing to stop you from broadcasting your own transactions just when the 30 seconds is up, and then picking one of them as "the one".

You mind may be stuck with your site for too long. But please think out of box, or whatever. No every site works like yours.

This is nothing to do with my site. My site is a dice game, and so has quite a different provably fair scheme. My mind isn't stuck anywhere. I am attempting to point out what is wrong with your system, and why it doesn't work to protect you or your players from abuse. If you re-read what I have written above you might even start to understand it.

██████████         
      ██████████████████     
    ██████████████████████   
        ██████████████       
            ██████           
          ██████████         
      ██████████████████     
    ██████████████████████   
        ██████████████       
            ██████           
   1% House Edge
gamblebuilder

View Profile
January 03, 2016, 08:00:19 AM

That's what I said.
I was quoting u.   speechless....  Huh

Clearly, you did not understand our provably fair.

Who are you? Is this the same guy on a different account? Or are you the "brains" behind the operation?

The lucky number is not picked like you site does.  It's generated by the hash and total pot. The time the lucky number is generated is the time txid is generated.

I keep telling you, I understand it works, but it isn't provably fair. You cannot tell what time a txid was generated. Take a look at a transaction up close. It doesn't contain a timestamp.
Each round has a timestamp. You can't see it? And you can't tell what time a txid was generated? I have been telling you all the time. Check blockchain.info. If you have even little knowledge of bitcoin, you'd know how to check the time of each txid generated.

I understand. There are multiple transactions per second. You can pick any of them, and make your own. You understand that they are created by regular people, right? There's nothing to stop you from broadcasting your own transactions just when the 30 seconds is up, and then picking one of them as "the one".

We broadcasting our own transactions? That's ridiculous. How we make sure it appears right after 30-seconds up and we can pick it up?
I put the algorithm on the site and you show how you can do it reversely.  Let's say I do buy a tick and my range is in 1000-2000. So I need a number between 1000 and 2000.  And you tell me what exact txid I need and how to generate and broadcast it so I can right pick it up after 30 second.  Please show me and don't just talk shit.  

This is nothing to do with my site. My site is a dice game, and so has quite a different provably fair scheme. My mind isn't stuck anywhere. I am attempting to point out what is wrong with your system, and why it doesn't work to protect you or your players from abuse. If you re-read what I have written above you might even start to understand it.

Aren't you with bustabit and try to talk shit about a competitor?
Want to talk more about provably fair? Let us talk here.  https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=1312679.msg13432301#msg13432301

dooglus
Legendary

View Profile
January 03, 2016, 08:10:57 AM

No, I am in no way connected with bustabit. I did come up with the idea for their provable fairness - their chain-of-hashes-in-reverse thing was something I suggested to them, and rather than telling me I was wrong over and over they actually listened. Can you imagine?

Want to talk more about provably fair?

I think I've given you enough pointers already. If you still don't get it I don't think there's any hope for you.

Sorry.

██████████         
      ██████████████████     
    ██████████████████████   
        ██████████████       
            ██████           
          ██████████         
      ██████████████████     
    ██████████████████████   
        ██████████████       
            ██████           
   1% House Edge
Buziss

Activity: 896
Merit: 1000

View Profile
January 03, 2016, 08:22:03 AM

If you look only 1 person buys a ton of tickets and wins every time.

This is interesting. Three weeks ago on the btc-raffle thread, there was a discussion that one could have many different accounts and have bought a huge number of raffle tickets. Some people thought it would be unfair. I disagreed and explained it is kind of like playing a 98% dice bet that no matter how many tickets in a raffle you have, it is never a guaranteed win (https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=1288600.msg13257007#msg13257007), and "btc-raffle.com" agreed with me. Why do you suddenly think it is a big problem now, especially when Pevpot is provably fair?

gamblebuilder

View Profile
January 03, 2016, 08:30:26 AM

No, I am in no way connected with bustabit. I did come up with the idea for their provable fairness - their chain-of-hashes-in-reverse thing was something I suggested to them, and rather than telling me I was wrong over and over they actually listened. Can you imagine?

I am sorry, but what did you want me to imagine? That you are in no way connected with bustabit or they actually listen to you. I am a bit confused. Huh

Want to talk more about provably fair?

I think I've given you enough pointers already. If you still don't get it I don't think there's any hope for you.

Sorry.

I don't like the way you talking about other site, like you are a supreme people over us. You are not. It's easy to shout out that competitors are not fair and make them look bad.
If you do have proof, please show it public.  My professor always say to me,  TALK IS CHEAP.  Maybe I should pass it on to you now.

dooglus
Legendary

View Profile
January 03, 2016, 10:04:06 AM

I am sorry, but what did you want me to imagine? That you are in no way connected with bustabit or they actually listen to you. I am a bit confused. Huh

I just noticed you've been replying to me inside my own messages that you've quoted. I've never found anyone who didn't know how to use quotes on this forum before. I'll un-bury your previous hidden messages:

That's what I said.
I was quoting u.   speechless....  Huh

You were doing it wrong.

Each round has a timestamp. You can't see it? And you can't tell what time a txid was generated? I have been telling you all the time. Check blockchain.info. If you have even little knowledge of bitcoin, you'd know how to check the time of each txid generated.

I'm not saying that only I can't tell when a transaction was generated, but that it is in general impossible to do so. Blockchain.info can tell you when it first saw a transaction. Sometimes that is half an hour after the transaction was first broadcast, which can be days or years after the transaction was generated.

Can you tell me when this transaction was generated?

Code:
$ echo $x
010000000183e3fe15f5874dae133b8ae1ed5bbeae58f0bf6beecd1ffb4fed8c34f2bfb455010000008a473044022053281a29d107f6ee3c5e0673678c4d245965711dd83321bc2b2cdf5e01f788f6022059219abc99604ca65950776a7bd45c66debb1f0185a9d709c581cdcf169bbd32014104b41d52634460912ca6ca49054a2aaee57c7c3ca1deb00c14984a1087c332b11de9d4098b3147563166b7ffcfd1adbff91320a1312ab1cd843e710379c0a031c7ffffffff0180969800000000001976a91437058d142a1620817b5641534a79edd20013086188ac00000000
$ bitcoin-cli decoderawtransaction $x
{
  "txid": "fa3c30c7821cdff2b191468bd5e9314f82d21d8dd27bc5e4548fcf4c512a2cb5",
  "size": 223,
  "version": 1,
  "locktime": 0,
  "vin": [
    {
      "txid": "55b4bff2348ced4ffb1fcdee6bbff058aebe5bede18a3b13ae4d87f515fee383",
      "vout": 1,
      "scriptSig": {
        "asm": "3044022053281a29d107f6ee3c5e0673678c4d245965711dd83321bc2b2cdf5e01f788f6022059219abc99604ca65950776a7bd45c66debb1f0185a9d709c581cdcf169bbd32[ALL] 04b41d52634460912ca6ca49054a2aaee57c7c3ca1deb00c14984a1087c332b11de9d4098b3147563166b7ffcfd1adbff91320a1312ab1cd843e710379c0a031c7",
        "hex": "473044022053281a29d107f6ee3c5e0673678c4d245965711dd83321bc2b2cdf5e01f788f6022059219abc99604ca65950776a7bd45c66debb1f0185a9d709c581cdcf169bbd32014104b41d52634460912ca6ca49054a2aaee57c7c3ca1deb00c14984a1087c332b11de9d4098b3147563166b7ffcfd1adbff91320a1312ab1cd843e710379c0a031c7"
      },
      "sequence": 4294967295
    }
  ],
  "vout": [
    {
      "value": 0.10000000,
      "n": 0,
      "scriptPubKey": {
        "asm": "OP_DUP OP_HASH160 37058d142a1620817b5641534a79edd200130861 OP_EQUALVERIFY OP_CHECKSIG",
        "hex": "76a91437058d142a1620817b5641534a79edd20013086188ac",
        "reqSigs": 1,
        "type": "pubkeyhash",
        "addresses": [
          "161vpFLDzh83mhSoS2ExQ5bm6489RaLCgc"
        ]
      }
    }
  ]
}

No, you can't.

We broadcasting our own transactions? That's ridiculous. How we make sure it appears right after 30-seconds up and we can pick it up?

You can 'pick up' any transaction you want to and pretend it was the 'last one'. So long as the timing is nearly right, nobody can argue with you about it. I know you say your site picks fairly, but you can't prove it.

I put the algorithm on the site and you show how you can do it reversely.  Let's say I do buy a tick and my range is in 1000-2000. So I need a number between 1000 and 2000.  And you tell me what exact txid I need and how to generate and broadcast it so I can right pick it up after 30 second.  Please show me and don't just talk shit.  

I would need to know how many satoshis were bet. Then I would generate the number between 1 and 10000 for each of the transactions I have pre-generated using that number of satoshis. About 10% of them would give a number in the range 1000-2000, so on average I would only have to test 10 transactions to find a 'winning' one. I could test 200 transactions and find around 20 winnings ones, and broadcast them every 0.1 seconds for 2 seconds around the target time. One of them will appear on blockchain.info close enough to the closing time to be acceptable as having been fairly selected.

I don't like the way you talking about other site, like you are a supreme people over us. You are not.

I'm not supreme people. I'm trying to help you understand where you're going wrong. You seem not to want to understand.

It's easy to shout out that competitors are not fair and make them look bad.

Some more than others, yes.

If you do have proof, please show it public.  My professor always say to me,  TALK IS CHEAP.  Maybe I should pass it on to you now.

You want me to prove that your game isn't provably fair? How do you propose I do that, other than what I have done already? I have described an attack that you can carry out against the players to make sure you win. The existence of such an attack, even if you never perform it, is enough to demonstrate the lack of provable fairness.

██████████         
      ██████████████████     
    ██████████████████████   
        ██████████████       
            ██████           
          ██████████         
      ██████████████████     
    ██████████████████████   
        ██████████████       
            ██████           
   1% House Edge
JeWay

Activity: 952
Merit: 503

View Profile
January 03, 2016, 10:41:11 AM

Why does the register is optional, maybe you should put the register/login button on the top right corner
gamblebuilder

View Profile
January 03, 2016, 06:32:42 PM

I'm not saying that only I can't tell when a transaction was generated, but that it is in general impossible to do so. Blockchain.info can tell you when it first saw a transaction. Sometimes that is half an hour after the transaction was first broadcast, which can be days or years after the transaction was generated.

Code:
$ echo $x
010000000183e3fe15f5874dae133b8ae1ed5bbeae58f0bf6beecd1ffb4fed8c34f2bfb455010000008a473044022053281a29d107f6ee3c5e0673678c4d245965711dd83321bc2b2cdf5e01f788f6022059219abc99604ca65950776a7bd45c66debb1f0185a9d709c581cdcf169bbd32014104b41d52634460912ca6ca49054a2aaee57c7c3ca1deb00c14984a1087c332b11de9d4098b3147563166b7ffcfd1adbff91320a1312ab1cd843e710379c0a031c7ffffffff0180969800000000001976a91437058d142a1620817b5641534a79edd20013086188ac00000000
$ bitcoin-cli decoderawtransaction $x
{
  "txid": "fa3c30c7821cdff2b191468bd5e9314f82d21d8dd27bc5e4548fcf4c512a2cb5",
  "size": 223,
  "version": 1,
  "locktime": 0,
  "vin": [
    {
      "txid": "55b4bff2348ced4ffb1fcdee6bbff058aebe5bede18a3b13ae4d87f515fee383",
      "vout": 1,
      "scriptSig": {
        "asm": "3044022053281a29d107f6ee3c5e0673678c4d245965711dd83321bc2b2cdf5e01f788f6022059219abc99604ca65950776a7bd45c66debb1f0185a9d709c581cdcf169bbd32[ALL] 04b41d52634460912ca6ca49054a2aaee57c7c3ca1deb00c14984a1087c332b11de9d4098b3147563166b7ffcfd1adbff91320a1312ab1cd843e710379c0a031c7",
        "hex": "473044022053281a29d107f6ee3c5e0673678c4d245965711dd83321bc2b2cdf5e01f788f6022059219abc99604ca65950776a7bd45c66debb1f0185a9d709c581cdcf169bbd32014104b41d52634460912ca6ca49054a2aaee57c7c3ca1deb00c14984a1087c332b11de9d4098b3147563166b7ffcfd1adbff91320a1312ab1cd843e710379c0a031c7"
      },
      "sequence": 4294967295
    }
  ],
  "vout": [
    {
      "value": 0.10000000,
      "n": 0,
      "scriptPubKey": {
        "asm": "OP_DUP OP_HASH160 37058d142a1620817b5641534a79edd200130861 OP_EQUALVERIFY OP_CHECKSIG",
        "hex": "76a91437058d142a1620817b5641534a79edd20013086188ac",
        "reqSigs": 1,
        "type": "pubkeyhash",
        "addresses": [
          "161vpFLDzh83mhSoS2ExQ5bm6489RaLCgc"
        ]
      }
    }
  ]
}

No, you can't.

Of course, I can't. It's not from bitcoin network. Every hash we used can is real txid  and be verified in bitcoin network. So it, of course, has a timestamp.

You can 'pick up' any transaction you want to and pretend it was the 'last one'. So long as the timing is nearly right, nobody can argue with you about it. I know you say your site picks fairly, but you can't prove it.

Like I can know what transactions will be in 30 seconds, and  what numbers will be, so I buy tickets to get in that ranges. Are you crazy?

I would need to know how many satoshis were bet. Then I would generate the number between 1 and 10000 for each of the transactions I have pre-generated using that number of satoshis. About 10% of them would give a number in the range 1000-2000, so on average I would only have to test 10 transactions to find a 'winning' one. I could test 200 transactions and find around 20 winnings ones, and broadcast them every 0.1 seconds for 2 seconds around the target time. One of them will appear on blockchain.info close enough to the closing time to be acceptable as having been fairly selected.

I don't like the way you talking about other site, like you are a supreme people over us. You are not.

I'm not supreme people. I'm trying to help you understand where you're going wrong. You seem not to want to understand.

It's easy to shout out that competitors are not fair and make them look bad.

Some more than others, yes.

You want me to prove that your game isn't provably fair? How do you propose I do that, other than what I have done already? I have described an attack that you can carry out against the players to make sure you win. The existence of such an attack, even if you never perform it, is enough to demonstrate the lack of provable fairness.
[/quote]

You are clearly don't know what you are talking about.
The lucky number is generated by total number of satoshi and a 64 long hash with SHA512 and get a 128 long hash.  So you want me to do it reversely? Generate a 128 long hash as output and calculate a 64 long hash as input and then broadcast to bitcoin net work.
ARE YOU INSANE?  It is called CRACKING SHA512. Even NSA, CIA can't do it in at least 10 years. So it's provably fair. This is where I keep telling you are wrong, and you don't seem to or want to understand.
Am I talking to a JUNIOR?

I don't why there is another DICE game in the world.  The bitcoin gambling needs NEW BLOOD. It' RAFFLE game. Check out our new site: btc-raffle.com

BTW, I created a open-source DICE game hosted on github ONE year ago. check out https://github.com/popmanhe/node_dice, demo site is ccroll.com Anyone who want to host their own dice game, please feel free to use that.
It's COMPLETELY FREE.  It's not fully done yet.  But it has alreasy have many features, like auto bet, faucet.  I will continue to work on that project when I have time. Or you can help do it by folking the project.
You can also hire me to customize your site and add more features.  Like I did for this site.

dooglus
Legendary

View Profile
January 03, 2016, 06:51:27 PM

If you have even little knowledge of bitcoin, you'd know how to check the time of each txid generated.

I'm not saying that only I can't tell when a transaction was generated, but that it is in general impossible to do so.

Of course, I can't. It's not from bitcoin network. Every hash we used can is real txid  and be verified in bitcoin network. So it, of course, has a timestamp.

My point exactly. You can't check the time a txid was generated.

You are using unconfirmed transactions. They don't have timestamps.

blockchain.info assigns timestamps to the txids they happen to notice, but that's just in their own database.

Like I can know what transactions will be in 30 seconds, and  what numbers will be, so I buy tickets to get in that ranges.

Yes, just like that. Which part do you think you couldn't achieve reliably?

Are you crazy?

No, but so long as my points are valid why would that matter?

You are clearly don't know what you are talking about.

Again with the insults? I clearly know exactly what I'm talking about.

The lucky number is generated by total number of satoshi and a 64 long hash with SHA512 and get a 128 long hash.  So you want me to do it reversely?

No, let's assume hashes are irreversible. Re-read what I wrote - I propose a 'generate and test' scheme, not a 'reverse all the hashes scheme'. I said:

"I would generate the number between 1 and 10000 for each of the transactions I have pre-generated
   using that number of satoshis. About 10% of them would give a number in the range 1000-2000, so
   on average I would only have to test 10 transactions to find a 'winning' one"

Get it?

Generate a 128 long hash as output and calculate a 64 long hash as input and then broadcast to bitcoin net work.
ARE YOU INSANE?  It is called CRACKING SHA512. Even NSA, CIA can't do it in at least 10 years. So it's provably fair. This is where I keep telling you are wrong, and you don't seem to or want to understand.

Again, read what I wrote. At no point did I suggest reversing any hashes.

Am I talking to a JUNIOR?

No.

I don't why there is another DICE game in the world.

I don't know where this came from. It seems entirely unrelated to anything we're talking about.

You can also hire me to customize your site and add more features.  Like I did for this site.

I would have to be crazy to hire you. You have shown yourself to be incapable of understand basic arguments. You seem to have convinced this btc-raffle guy that you have provided him with a provably fair game when you have done anything but. And when people try to point of where you went wrong you do your best not to understand them. Mr btc-raffle should be asking for his money back. Whatever he paid you was too much.

██████████         
      ██████████████████     
    ██████████████████████   
        ██████████████       
            ██████           
          ██████████         
      ██████████████████     
    ██████████████████████   
        ██████████████       
            ██████           
   1% House Edge
gamblebuilder

View Profile
January 03, 2016, 07:00:19 PM

Dream on. I won't work for you. "YOU" does not mean you.  You don't look like nice guy. 

And I don't want to explain more to you, KID. Go play with your dice game.

dooglus
Legendary

View Profile
January 03, 2016, 07:11:08 PM

Dream on. I won't work for you. "YOU" does not mean you.  You don't look like nice guy. 

And I don't want to explain more to you, KID. Go play with your dice game.

I answered every one of your comments, and this is all you have for a response?

I think it stands as a brilliant concise demonstration of why nobody should employ you in this field.

1. you're rude, resorting to ad hominem attacks rather than making valid points
2. you haven't researched the field you are attempting to enter
3. you're technically incompetent
4. you can't keep up in a technical discussion
5. you have no interest in understanding where you are wrong

██████████         
      ██████████████████