Bitcoin Forum
April 26, 2024, 04:52:22 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 2 [3] 4 »  All
  Print  
Author Topic: Wow, you can buy positive trust for 0.0301btc  (Read 4523 times)
Athertle

Activity: 252
Merit: 250

Go figure! | I'm nearing 1337 posts...

View Profile WWW
November 15, 2015, 08:30:04 PM

Just set a limit on the amount that can be given for dispensing trust. Say a trade for 1+ btc just to round it off.

No.

People have varying levels of trust; people would trust others for different amounts.

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
If you see garbage posts (off-topic, trolling, spam, no point, etc.), use the "report to moderator" links. All reports are investigated, though you will rarely be contacted about your reports.
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
subSTRATA
Legendary

Activity: 1288
Merit: 1043

:^)

View Profile
November 15, 2015, 08:38:45 PM

Just set a limit on the amount that can be given for dispensing trust. Say a trade for 1+ btc just to round it off.
having a minimum trade requirement to leave trust feedback would limit the usage of the feedback system for sales / trades only, which would exclude the other uses such as scam busting, general overall honestly etc.

I bought his eBook, and I am more than happy with what I got. We all know how the trust system works here... it's the opposite of flawless. I think it's more than fair to leave green trust for a legitimate trade, however big. Setting limits would be ridiculous. I think bigtimespaghetti should be able to do whatever he wants. In my views, those users only got a small +1 on the far right, and that's it.

Who is more likely to scam? The user who has done successful deals in the past, or the user who has done none.
that's not the point of being on DT. being on DT is more or less a responsibility to accurately leave ratings on other members to help the rest of the forum make a rough guesstimation on how honest that particular user is.

those users only got a small +1 on the far right, and that's it.
that +1 is going to become a light green "10: -0 / +1 in a few months time.

I think it's more than fair to leave green trust for a legitimate trade
case: a customer walks into a store and buys an apple, then pays for said apple before leaving. did the person just display an incredible amount of honestly that's worth noting? no. he paid for what he bought like any other normal person would do. now, if he walked out of the store with two apples unknowingly and then returned later to pay for the second apple, that would be a display of honestly. analogies. point being, just purchasing something doesnt mean anything. with how dishonest a lot of people on this forum are, people tend to target people on DT that freely give out trust for riskless trades. "trust farmers" have targeted sebastianju in the past as well, when he left ratings simply for escrowing deals.

theres nothing here. message me if you want to put something here.
Shield (OP)

Activity: 333

View Profile
November 20, 2015, 05:08:39 AM

Update:

A user asked to buy his guide after i made this thread (check post time and time of this thread)
https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=1089977.msg12973796#msg12973796

he bought, written a review like others did and Wow finally he got his positive feedback for just 0.0301btc

look how easy it is
dogie
Legendary

Activity: 1666
Merit: 1183

dogiecoin.com

View Profile WWW
November 20, 2015, 05:29:24 AM

PM'ed escrow.ms, I guess no one else had at this point?

nydiacaskey01
Legendary

Activity: 1834
Merit: 1036

View Profile
November 20, 2015, 05:36:40 AM

I think if it's a guide like in a form of pdf, a Positive feedback is NOT warranted, but a Neutral feedback will do, unless the amount of BTC risked is big. This kind of digital goods can be traded with no important or vital information needed like a name and an address.
dogie
Legendary

dogiecoin.com

View Profile WWW
November 20, 2015, 02:10:14 PM

Fixed, escrow.ms removed him from DT. Can we get a thread lock now its resolved?

Quickseller
Copper Member
Legendary

Activity: 2870
Merit: 2298

View Profile
November 20, 2015, 04:19:23 PM

Fixed, escrow.ms removed him from DT. Can we get a thread lock now its resolved?
escrow.ms tends to be very quick to remove people from his trust list once he is made aware of someone who is using their position on DT in ways that are less then savory.
DiamondCardz
Legendary

Activity: 1134
Merit: 1112

View Profile WWW
November 20, 2015, 08:59:14 PM

escrow.ms tends to be very quick to remove people from his trust list once he is made aware of someone who is using their position on DT in ways that are less then savory.

Yep, I was assuming he would have already been PM'd by the OP and there just wasn't anything from his end but I guess not. If you're going to make a thread like this, PM the damn people involved guys (not just the person who trusts them but the person themselves too!).

BA Computer Science, University of Oxford
Dissertation was about threat modelling on distributed ledgers.
Quickseller
Copper Member
Legendary

View Profile
November 20, 2015, 09:31:48 PM

Yep, I was assuming he would have already been PM'd by the OP and there just wasn't anything from his end but I guess not. If you're going to make a thread like this, PM the damn people involved guys (not just the person who trusts them but the person themselves too!).
If the OP is who I think he is then he most likely had attempted to contact this person about his trust ratings in the past, most likely with no avail (he may or may not have PM'ed him about this concern specifically).
Shield (OP)

View Profile
November 21, 2015, 05:05:57 PM

thanks to all
since the user is removed from DT now,locking this thread
Shield (OP)

View Profile
November 22, 2015, 12:58:14 PM

After message from bigtimespaghetti I have unlocked the thread because he have rights to respond to this issue and give clarification.

I was not online since last day so when I logged in today and saw his message, I have unlocked it.

btw bigtimespaghetti I don't care about ratings left to my trust page so next time don't waste your time for writing on my trust page  Wink

see my trust page is full of red but still I am happy,I will keep monitoring the forum and report/mark everything that looks risky for normal users.
bigtimespaghetti
Legendary

Activity: 1652
Merit: 1057

bigtimespaghetti.com

View Profile WWW
November 22, 2015, 03:54:39 PM

Here's my response as found in a separate thread I made: (tldr: OP has a good point but a crappy way of making it, thanks for making me aware)

See this threadhttps://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=1249594.0 for details.

Response :
Thanks for unlocking the thread.

First off, it makes me kind of disappointed that people would abuse my ebook for trust- if that is the case. I put a lot of work into it and I think the price is very fair.

Second, the OP is probably right. The neutral feedback button would be more appropriate for newer users. I had not noticed the button until recently, so didn't really think where it's use would be appropriate.

As a result I will no longer be giving positive trust for purchases of my ebook. Any physical copies and coins that I sell will still rate positive.  I will have to think about altering some of the previous feedback (see more on this below) , I think it may be appropriate for the newer accounts, I will be messaging them regarding this thread. But I think it is enough for now to publicly state my operating guidelines going forward.

I will be honest and state that until now I did not know that I was on the DT list nor was I fully aware of how my trust rating carried so much weight. This will mean that I will almost certainly have to alter the ratings I have given in the past month for my ebook.

Lastly I don't think it's constructive to make threads on trusted users without at least letting them know. I was made aware by another member.

The thread has inadvertently promoted my ebook which is fine by me so thanks for the chance to write about it Smiley anyone who posted on the thread about it can get a 10% discount, but only neutral trust  now Wink

Seems I have been removed from the DT. Which sucks as I was given no chance to rectify my mistakes. But these things happen when are unaware or unable to respond to accusations.

Cheers.

▓▒░   ░░▒▓▓
       ▓▒░   ░░▒▓▓
    ▓▒░   ░░▒▓█
   ▓▒░   ░░▒▓█
     █▓▒░     ░▒▓█
   █▓▒░     ░▒▓█

▓▒░   ░░▒▓▓
  ▓▒░   ░░▒▓▓
    ▓▒░   ░░▒▓█
   ▓▒░   ░░▒▓█
    █▓░   ░░▒▓█
  █▓▒░     ░░▒▓█
     █▓▒░     ░▒▓█
   █▓▒░     ░▒▓█
Physical Coin Making Guide Book and eBook- Make your own physical crypto coins and wallets!
  ▓▒░   ░░▒▓▓
▓▒░   ░░▒▓▓
   ▓▒░    ░░▒▓█
    ▓▒░    ░░▒▓█
     ▓▒░    ░░▒▓█
  █▓░     ░░▒▓█
█▓▒░     ░░▒▓█
  █▓▒░     ░▒▓█

▓▒░   ░░▒▓▓
     ▓▒░    ░░▒▓█
   ▓▒░    ░░▒▓█
        ▓▒░    ░░▒▓█
     █▓░     ░░▒▓█
  █▓▒░     ░░▒▓█
TheGr33k

Activity: 518
Merit: 500

View Profile
November 22, 2015, 08:47:11 PM

It doesn't matter. If you did a trade with someone and the trade went smoothly, isn't that also technically buying trust? Or do you trade just for the sake of trading? No. You do it for both the trust, and the trade itself. Trust isn't just given on an accord. It depends on if the person wants to give the trust or not, no matter if somebody is paying for it.
dogie
Legendary

dogiecoin.com

View Profile WWW
November 23, 2015, 01:26:56 AM

If you did a trade with someone and the trade went smoothly, isn't that also technically buying trust?

If the requirements for completing the trade are so small that you're completing the transaction primarily for the trust you receive, its a problem. In this case, it was $10 for a trust rating effectively. In the CITM thing, it was "choose me over the other equally priced and reputable resellers".

TheGr33k

Activity: 518
Merit: 500

View Profile
November 23, 2015, 03:52:41 AM

If you did a trade with someone and the trade went smoothly, isn't that also technically buying trust?

If the requirements for completing the trade are so small that you're completing the transaction primarily for the trust you receive, its a problem. In this case, it was $10 for a trust rating effectively. In the CITM thing, it was "choose me over the other equally priced and reputable resellers".
That's why people should take their time to look into people's trust reputations and read how much risked BTC was in a person's feedback per user's grant.

Other than that, my answer is "oh well". Hehe.
Quickseller
Copper Member
Legendary

View Profile
November 23, 2015, 03:57:11 AM

I actually remember him charging higher prices then other (re)sellers, sometimes to a point that it would not make economic sense to purchase the miners he was selling with realistic (and actual) difficulty increases. Sure his reputation should have allowed him to charge a premium due to his strong reputation, and other sellers do charge a premium because of their strong reputations, however CITM also gave additional economic benefits to people who bought from him (a position on DT)
bigtimespaghetti
Legendary

Activity: 1652
Merit: 1057

bigtimespaghetti.com

View Profile WWW
November 23, 2015, 09:13:55 AM

Spent a few minutes cleaning up some trust I left, some I left alone, as I believe the users deserve the trust feedback. As I wrote above the OP has a good point, but people still need to do their own due diligence.

I've traded and lost money with 'trusted' users even after meticulously reading their feedback and post history myself, so people need to take responsibility and be careful. Most are adults here and shouldn't need hand holding.

▓▒░   ░░▒▓▓
       ▓▒░   ░░▒▓▓
    ▓▒░   ░░▒▓█
   ▓▒░   ░░▒▓█
     █▓▒░     ░▒▓█
   █▓▒░     ░▒▓█

▓▒░   ░░▒▓▓
  ▓▒░   ░░▒▓▓
    ▓▒░   ░░▒▓█
   ▓▒░   ░░▒▓█
    █▓░   ░░▒▓█
  █▓▒░     ░░▒▓█
     █▓▒░     ░▒▓█
   █▓▒░     ░▒▓█
Physical Coin Making Guide Book and eBook- Make your own physical crypto coins and wallets!
  ▓▒░   ░░▒▓▓
▓▒░   ░░▒▓▓
   ▓▒░    ░░▒▓█
    ▓▒░    ░░▒▓█
     ▓▒░    ░░▒▓█
  █▓░     ░░▒▓█
█▓▒░     ░░▒▓█
  █▓▒░     ░▒▓█

▓▒░   ░░▒▓▓
     ▓▒░    ░░▒▓█
   ▓▒░    ░░▒▓█
        ▓▒░    ░░▒▓█
     █▓░     ░░▒▓█
  █▓▒░     ░░▒▓█
Shield (OP)

View Profile
November 23, 2015, 09:34:01 AM

Spent a few minutes cleaning up some trust I left, some I left alone, as I believe the users deserve the trust feedback. As I wrote above the OP has a good point, but people still need to do their own due diligence.

I've traded and lost money with 'trusted' users even after meticulously reading their feedback and post history myself, so people need to take responsibility and be careful. Most are adults here and shouldn't need hand holding.
thanks for understanding the matter and taking action
it was risk to someone to loss more then 100$ with your positive feebacks of 10$ purchase [ because you were on DT previously and you have to be careful when giving someone positive trust being on DT]

but things are changed now you can leave positive feedbacks, since you are not on DT anymore so now you don't have to be careful when giving feedbacks to your buyers ,its responsibility of DT users but you are free now
Lutpin
Copper Member
Legendary

Activity: 1876
Merit: 1874

Goodbye, Z.

View Profile WWW
November 23, 2015, 02:35:44 PM

-snip
it was risk to someone to loss more then 100$ with your positive feebacks of 10$ purchase [ because you were on DT previously and you have to be careful when giving someone positive trust being on DT]

but things are changed now you can leave positive feedbacks, since you are not on DT anymore so now you don't have to be careful when giving feedbacks to your buyers ,its responsibility of DT users but you are free now

-snip
It is a "recent" addition though. At least for the ancient ones such as you Wink

On a more serious note, I think the removal from DT was uncalled for, esp. considering the reaction once you knew about this. I had to revisit my ratings as well, some have been removed, some combined, some stayed even though the amount is very small. All in all I think it takes some time to get used to the responsibility. For what its worth I added you to my personal list.

Or is he?

▄▄█████████▄▄
▄█████████████████▄
▄████▀▀▀▀█████▀▀▀▀████▄
████▀██████▀█▀██████▀████
██████████████████████████
▐█████▄███████████████▄█████▌
▐███████▄▄█████████▄▄███████▌
▐██████▀█████████████▀██████▌
▐███████████████████████████▌
▀██████████████████████▀
▀████▄████▄▀▀▄████▄████▀
▀███████▀███▀███████▀
▀▀█████████████▀▀
  ▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀
   ███████
██████████
██████████
██████████
██████████
██████████
██████████
██████████
██████████
██████████
██████████
██████████
███████

▄████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████▄
            ██                          ▄▄▄▄▄▄                           ██
           ██  ██████                ▄██████████▄     ████████████████████▀
          ██  ████████             ▄████▀   ▀████▄    ████▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀
         ██  ████  ████           ████▀       ▀██▀    ████
        ██  ████    ████        ▄███▀                 ████

██  ████      ████       ███▀                  ████▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄
      ██  ████        ████      ███                   ██████████████
     ██  ████          ████     ███▄                  ████▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀

██  ████████████████████    ▀████                 ████
   ██  ██████████████████████    ▀████▄        ▄██▄   ████

██  ████                ████     ▀████▄   ▄████▀    ████▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄
 ██  ████                  ████      ▀██████████▀     ████████████████████▄
  ██                                    ▀▀▀▀▀▀                           ██
   ▀█████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████▀
Shield (OP)

View Profile
November 23, 2015, 02:42:03 PM

-snip

-snip
It is a "recent" addition though. At least for the ancient ones such as you Wink

On a more serious note, I think the removal from DT was uncalled for, esp. considering the reaction once you knew about this. I had to revisit my ratings as well, some have been removed, some combined, some stayed even though the amount is very small. All in all I think it takes some time to get used to the responsibility. For what its worth I added you to my personal list.

Or is he?
shorena is on DT depth 2 and he added bigtimespaghetti to his trust so it means bigtimespaghetti isn on DT 3 not DT 2
Pages: « 1 2 [3] 4 »  All
  Print  

Jump to: