Bitcoin Forum
May 10, 2024, 10:38:37 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 [11] 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 »  All
  Print  
Author Topic: Innosilicon's A4 Dominator, 1.2W/Mhs 14nm ASIC and miner, open for Partners  (Read 48986 times)
mjgraham

Activity: 188
Merit: 100

View Profile
December 10, 2016, 04:07:38 AM

It will be interesting to see, if all it requires is an MCU reflash that shouldn't be to bad, granted not everyone has the tools to do that , now swapping the MCU makes me wonder a bit I pulled the MCU code off the A2 boards and they really hadn't used much of the memory space. I was looking into getting an A4 but I guess I will hold off a little longer although the power savings in my case is about to make my A2s non usable. I have about modified them as much as I can wanted to use them to heat the house this winter so I built a PWM fan controller so they didn't sound like airplanes in the house and I have about repaired all the boards I have parts for.

It sounds like with a custom jig the MCU can be flashed.  Inno is presently trying to setup an arrangement in the US to have someone do the flash updates for us.  I assume they will also do the same for the EU part of the world. 

We are trying to sync up Inno with a member here to do the work.  Hopefully something can be worked out for the B1 and B2 repairs.  B3 miners look like they may be working better.  We should be getting more reports here over the weekend how things are progressing on multipool mining with the B3 miners. 

If it is just an MCU reflash I have the tools to do that already, I like to tinker a lot I did try the .a4 cgminer on and A2 and it detected the boards , surprisingly they have not changed any of the nomenclature since the A1. Still lists everything as an A1 but has the voltage mod parameter. Would be interesting to put a logic analyzer and see how different the protocol is, or if much at all, to bad the driver code is not floating around like the A2, I really never used the web interface and ran everything command line remotely .

"The nature of Bitcoin is such that once version 0.1 was released, the core design was set in stone for the rest of its lifetime." -- Satoshi
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.
papasmurph

Activity: 503
Merit: 250

View Profile
December 11, 2016, 01:33:14 PM

@mjgraham , can you help me run my miner through command line via ssh? Pls. let me know. It making me crazy that i cant adjust the parameters and strategy's. It would be beautyful to have it run on awesome miner Cheesy

I was able to manage it with zeusminer zoomhash but my last slip with the A4 scared me to fiddle more. Just to confirm, on multipool/H2C the miner runs flawless since 3 days with no mh drops or blackouts. It also works well with power reset and autostart on my end. So no worries on the current software v2.0.2.

@usao, maybe a programmable timer with auto power recycle once every 3 hrs. help...i worked for me for my zeusminers.

.#1 DeFi for Bitcoin Platform.            ███   ███
           ███   ███
          ███   ███
         ███   ███
        ███   ███
       ███   ███
      ███   ███
     ███   ███
    ███   ███
   ███   ███
  ███   ███
 ███   ███
███   ███
▄  ▄██████████████████████▄  ▄
 ▀▄ ▀████████████████████▀ ▄▀
  ▀█ ▀████▀ ▄▄            █▀
   ▀█▄ ▀█ ████████████▀ ▄█▀
     ██▄ ▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀███  ██
      ███      ▀█▄ ▀ ▄██
       ███▄ ▀█████ ▄███
        ████ ▀██▀ ▄███
         ▀███▄  ▄███▀
          ▀███▄ ▀██▀
            ████▄ ▀
             ████▀
              ▀█▀
SOVRYN███   ███
 ███   ███
  ███   ███
   ███   ███
    ███   ███
     ███   ███
      ███   ███
       ███   ███
        ███   ███
         ███   ███
          ███   ███
           ███   ███
            ███   ███
.Join Origin Pre-Sale.
████████████████████████████
████████▀▀▄██████▄▀▀████████
███████  ▀        ▀  ███████
██████                ██████
█████▌   ███    ███   ▐█████
█████▌   ▀▀▀    ▀▀▀   ▐█████
██████                ██████
███████▄  ▀██████▀  ▄███████
█████████████████▀▀  ███████
█████████████▀▀      ███████
█████████▀▀   ▄▄     ███████
█████▀▀    ▄█▀▀     ████████
█████████ █▀        ████████
█████████ █ ▄███▄   ████████
██████████████████▄▄████████
usao
Legendary

Activity: 1109
Merit: 1000

View Profile
December 11, 2016, 04:58:17 PM

@mjgraham , can you help me run my miner through command line via ssh? Pls. let me know. It making me crazy that i cant adjust the parameters and strategy's. It would be beautyful to have it run on awesome miner Cheesy

I was able to manage it with zeusminer zoomhash but my last slip with the A4 scared me to fiddle more. Just to confirm, on multipool/H2C the miner runs flawless since 3 days with no mh drops or blackouts. It also works well with power reset and autostart on my end. So no worries on the current software v2.0.2.

@usao, maybe a programmable timer with auto power recycle once every 3 hrs. help...i worked for me for my zeusminers.
You can login and setup a job to issue a reboot 3-hours after last boot, if that's what you want.
I don't find I need it that often, and a bit more random also, not every X hours, but sometimes works for days, then sometimes several in just a few hours.
mjgraham

View Profile
December 15, 2016, 03:30:39 AM

Well you can run a cron job to do a reboot but what I did was write a perl script for my A2s that read the number of cores on each board via the API and when it detected one that was at 0 for more then 20 seconds it restarted the miner, first problem it required connecting a reset to the hash boards that they had almost ran all the circuits for but didn't hook up the last bit for some reason that made them more reliable.

I just got my A4s today so I havent gotten them going yet to start the debug, I do know they are batch 2 and the only fix for batch 1 and 2 is a MCU replace or reflash which I have contacted Innosilicon about and they did confirm that and we'll see how they want to precede, I took one apart to see how it is laid out and will be doing some analysis on it , some things I didnt like , like in the controller the raspberry pi has so much rust on all the metallic parts made me sad, has a revamped controller board that is nice. The reflash should be easy I have the tools just have to map out the connections, they didnt put an easy to access header on it just test pads to it will require some kind of jig to do it but it can be done, although for most it will require shipping somewhere. I hope to get at least one going tomorrow , I was a dummy and didnt calculate my PCIe power connector stash correctly. On my A2s I just soldered right to the header with screw terminals but these are new and I have to void all the warranties although unless they just catch on fire should be fixable.

I dont like a non command line interface I run all my stuff that way, actually net boot the units from a server so the CF cards dont die and have scripts that monitor everything , pools/ rates all that crap ran trhough proxies and switch stuff for best rates, it is a hobbled up mess that has grown crazy really.

I was lucky enought the be able to fix some issues with the driver for the A2 and compile it with curses support so it has the fimilar interface .

if you wanted to you could do a
crontab -e

then on a line do

0 3 * * * /sbin/reboot

then save it Ctrl-X if it is nano editor

jstefanop
Legendary

Activity: 2095
Merit: 1396

View Profile
December 15, 2016, 04:57:29 AM

It will be interesting to see, if all it requires is an MCU reflash that shouldn't be to bad, granted not everyone has the tools to do that , now swapping the MCU makes me wonder a bit I pulled the MCU code off the A2 boards and they really hadn't used much of the memory space. I was looking into getting an A4 but I guess I will hold off a little longer although the power savings in my case is about to make my A2s non usable. I have about modified them as much as I can wanted to use them to heat the house this winter so I built a PWM fan controller so they didn't sound like airplanes in the house and I have about repaired all the boards I have parts for.

It sounds like with a custom jig the MCU can be flashed.  Inno is presently trying to setup an arrangement in the US to have someone do the flash updates for us.  I assume they will also do the same for the EU part of the world. 

We are trying to sync up Inno with a member here to do the work.  Hopefully something can be worked out for the B1 and B2 repairs.  B3 miners look like they may be working better.  We should be getting more reports here over the weekend how things are progressing on multipool mining with the B3 miners. 

What do they need done? I pretty much did the same work for Alcheminer for their board issues. Pretty sure I can fix anything wrong with these boards.

Project Apollo: A Pod Miner Designed for the Home https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=4974036
FutureBit Moonlander 2 USB Scrypt Stick Miner: https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=2125643.0
usao
Legendary

View Profile
December 15, 2016, 08:38:32 AM

Well you can run a cron job to do a reboot but what I did was write a perl script for my A2s that read the number of cores on each board via the API and when it detected one that was at 0 for more then 20 seconds it restarted the miner, first problem it required connecting a reset to the hash boards that they had almost ran all the circuits for but didn't hook up the last bit for some reason that made them more reliable.

I just got my A4s today so I havent gotten them going yet to start the debug, I do know they are batch 2 and the only fix for batch 1 and 2 is a MCU replace or reflash which I have contacted Innosilicon about and they did confirm that and we'll see how they want to precede, I took one apart to see how it is laid out and will be doing some analysis on it , some things I didnt like , like in the controller the raspberry pi has so much rust on all the metallic parts made me sad, has a revamped controller board that is nice. The reflash should be easy I have the tools just have to map out the connections, they didnt put an easy to access header on it just test pads to it will require some kind of jig to do it but it can be done, although for most it will require shipping somewhere. I hope to get at least one going tomorrow , I was a dummy and didnt calculate my PCIe power connector stash correctly. On my A2s I just soldered right to the header with screw terminals but these are new and I have to void all the warranties although unless they just catch on fire should be fixable.

I dont like a non command line interface I run all my stuff that way, actually net boot the units from a server so the CF cards dont die and have scripts that monitor everything , pools/ rates all that crap ran trhough proxies and switch stuff for best rates, it is a hobbled up mess that has grown crazy really.

I was lucky enought the be able to fix some issues with the driver for the A2 and compile it with curses support so it has the fimilar interface .

crontab -e

then on a line do

0 3 * * * /sbin/reboot

My issue is that a reboot doesn't fix the problem. It requires a power cycle to get the board(s) back...
mjgraham

View Profile
December 15, 2016, 11:26:50 AM

crontab -e

then on a line do

0 3 * * * /sbin/reboot

My issue is that a reboot doesn't fix the problem. It requires a power cycle to get the board(s) back...
I figured that would be the case, on the A2 boards they had the MCU reset line brought right out to the connector but didnt fit a jumper so like you said you needed a power cycle, with the reset you didnt just toggle a  GPIO pin and you were set. I'll look into the A4 board today and see what options there are, although most will require soldering stuff unless they ran this and just dont use it.

NattyLiteCoin

Activity: 912
Merit: 1021

If you don’t believe, why are you here?

View Profile
January 06, 2017, 03:16:24 AM

How do these guys compare against a reliable Titan set up? Would you recommend buying?

▄▄▄███████▄▄▄
       ▄▄█████████████████▄▄
     ▄████▀▀           ▀▀████▄
    ███▀                   ▀███
   ███   ███           ███   ███
  ███     ███         ███     ███
 ███       ███       ███       ███
 ███     ██████     ██████     ███
 ███        ████   ████        ███
 ███     █████████████████     ███
 ███         ███▄ ▄███         ███
  ███         ███████         ███
   ███▄        █████        ▄███
    ████▄       ███       ▄████
     ▀█████▄▄         ▄▄█████▀
       ▀▀█████████████████▀▀
            ▀▀███████▀▀
  25X FASTER THAN BITCOIN, LIGHTNING NETWORK & ATOMIC SWAPS  
  TWITTER          TELEGRAM          REDDIT          DISCORD          MEDIUM          LINKEDIN  
          ▄▄▄███████▄▄▄
       ▄▄█████████████████▄▄
     ▄████▀▀           ▀▀████▄
    ███▀                   ▀███
   ███   ███           ███   ███
  ███     ███         ███     ███
 ███       ███       ███       ███
 ███     ██████     ██████     ███
 ███        ████   ████        ███
 ███     █████████████████     ███
 ███         ███▄ ▄███         ███
  ███         ███████         ███
   ███▄        █████        ▄███
    ████▄       ███       ▄████
     ▀█████▄▄         ▄▄█████▀
       ▀▀█████████████████▀▀
            ▀▀███████▀▀
usao
Legendary

View Profile
January 06, 2017, 03:39:27 AM

How do these guys compare against a reliable Titan set up? Would you recommend buying?
B1/B2 rigs suffer from flakey firmware. B3 and flashed B1/B2 rigs are reported to be working properly.
Im waiting for my turn at the Jig to flash mine...
Power approx 1059W, hashrates closer to 265 than 280...
Eyedol-X

Activity: 952
Merit: 508

View Profile
January 06, 2017, 07:59:58 AM

Would definitely buy a B3 or a flashed B1/B2 > B3 A4  -- being a B2 owner that finally got mine flashed to B3, I can say it was hell dealing with it before it was reflashed.

After reflashing to B3 though, over 3 days without an issue now which is a near impossible feat for B1/B2.

mindtrip
Legendary

Activity: 1167
Merit: 1009

View Profile WWW
January 09, 2017, 01:49:05 AM

I think the A4 machines are about to get beat out in w/mh by the new antminer l3
Searing
Copper Member
Legendary

Activity: 2898
Merit: 1464

Clueless!

View Profile
January 09, 2017, 03:23:17 AM

I think the A4 machines are about to get beat out in w/mh by the new antminer l3

Both machines at a $1900 say usd the price with shipping say ...

From what I can tell with the ltc diff rise and Roi more then a year, it's likely
A unicorn chase. Lots of fun, but unlikely to succeed.

At least at 10c kWh winter and 14c kWh summer. For me and those with same

Also note I'm only still a home miner on 7 new KNC units from 2
 Companies bankruptcy. One of which KNC.

I've otherwised passed on new stuff and used scrypt is too high last year too boot

Word of caution

Old Style Legacy Plug & Play BBS System. Get it from www.synchro.net. Updated 1/1/2021. It also works with Windows 10 and likely 11 and allows 16 bit DOS game doors on the same Win 10 Machine in Multi-Node! Five Minute Install! Look it over it uninstalls just as fast, if you simply want to look it over. Freeware! Full BBS System! It is a frigging hoot!:)
usao
Legendary

View Profile
January 09, 2017, 07:55:54 AM

Agreed, it's fun chasing coins, but ive been through this before when Zeus came out... ROI on any of these is not likely unless you have excellent power costs.
Best bet is to mine for a while then try to recoup via resale before something better hits the street which will drive the costs down...
Searing
Copper Member
Legendary

Activity: 2898
Merit: 1464

Clueless!

View Profile
January 09, 2017, 11:04:46 AM

Agreed, it's fun chasing coins, but ive been through this before when Zeus came out... ROI on any of these is not likely unless you have excellent power costs.
Best bet is to mine for a while then try to recoup via resale before something better hits the street which will drive the costs down...

If you MUST mine something (its an addiction I know), then at least wait till the end of the year when the 'land rush' of difficulty has passed by...it does not
take a lot of thought to understand with all the scrypt miners out there...and doing the math...if there is going to be a 'big data' hall asic mining surge..then
scrypt asic it the way to go. I am clueless and I made that bet in 2015 when the home difficulty on BTC miners killed home miners..

What I'm saying is wait to the end of the year..take the equip off your taxes for the year then..use the puppies for heat...maybe some used stuff will be better

me....I just see everyone piling on and at 10c kwh in the winter and 14c kwh in the summer...my only shot with new stuff or the stuff I had is the heat benifit

*$1,200 buck savings* (assuming elec for heat trade off draw) in 2017-2018....

be prudent...but me ...I see everyone piling on and his brother into scrypt miners big/medium/small home folk etc just like what killed home mining for btc asic's
in 2015...just do the calcs for big money with 2-3c kwh electric ...it is obvious imho.....NOW that they can get asic scrypt miners in VOLUME and not just
btc miners

gonna be a blood bath imho ...(be warned thou I know zip at one time I drank the BFL kool aid) Smiley

Old Style Legacy Plug & Play BBS System. Get it from www.synchro.net. Updated 1/1/2021. It also works with Windows 10 and likely 11 and allows 16 bit DOS game doors on the same Win 10 Machine in Multi-Node! Five Minute Install! Look it over it uninstalls just as fast, if you simply want to look it over. Freeware! Full BBS System! It is a frigging hoot!:)
jacobmayes94

Activity: 364
Merit: 250

View Profile
January 22, 2017, 01:55:43 AM

diff has nearly doubled since december, looks like this miner is dead in the water as far as ROI goes.
LabaDaba

Activity: 97
Merit: 10

View Profile
January 22, 2017, 06:33:53 AM

diff has nearly doubled since december, looks like this miner is dead in the water as far as ROI goes.

IF you planning to mine only LTC, then yes this is bad buy. Probably L3 isn't that great either.
Exoskeleton

Activity: 338
Merit: 251

View Profile
January 22, 2017, 06:48:15 AM

Yeah, because its a low power unit and the manufacturers can build them for probably $400 each they will overwhelm the network soon. Its still profitable for them even with 4x the hashrate right now..
QuintLeo
Legendary

Activity: 1498
Merit: 1030

View Profile
January 22, 2017, 09:37:40 PM

Depends on how much production and sales Bitmain manages on the L3 - if the L3 doesn't sell a ton or they can't MAKE a ton of them, the A4 still has a window of ROI available - especially for folks with very low electric rates.

I believe Innosilicon needs to get serious about dropping the price if they plan to sell a significant number of additional A4 units though.

The L3 should be fine reguardless - I don't see any probability of a significantly more efficient Scrypt miner showing up in the next 2 years or so, which is plenty of time to ROI a L3 (it it doesn't die anyway).

I'm no longer legendary just in my own mind!
Like something I said? Donations gratefully accepted. LYLnTKvLefz9izJFUvEGQEZzSkz34b3N6U (Litecoin)
1GYbjMTPdCuV7dci3iCUiaRrcNuaiQrVYY (Bitcoin)
vinylwasp

Activity: 97
Merit: 10

View Profile
January 29, 2017, 11:24:43 PM

This image illustrates why ROI calculators are inaccurate and redundant.
Yesterday, Prohashing paid out (after pool fees) 160% of the returns I would have got if I'd mined LTC, and you can't calculate this profit using an ROI calculator because there are too many scrypt coins and variables to consider. You can see that it's been increasing steadily for the past week, largely due to the rise in Gamecredit over that period, but it's still well below the pre A4/L3 rate of return which was about .00008 BTC/MHs/Day.

You can use LTC diff as a proxy for the overall scrypt hashrate but that really tells you nothing about ROI without knowing where price will go, and LTC really isn't the major indicator of price movements it was anymore. The Chinese like it for commerce because it's stable. As miners cashing out coins for profit, LTC is the last coin you want to mine, you want to be focusing on the most profitable per MHs at any given point in time and this is precisely what Prohashing and Clevermining do for the 5% they charge, and as you can see they do it well.

If you really need to calculate ROI I suggest you use .0000225 BTC per Mhs per day, that's a fairly conservative figure given the rates below, but it's still a guess. Gulden may be nationalised and spike 1000%, who knows? Lips sealed

Part of the attraction of this pursuit for me is operating in a space where there's lots of unknowns.

QuintLeo
Legendary

Activity: 1498
Merit: 1030

View Profile
January 30, 2017, 09:57:48 PM

After the A4 Dominator comes out, we will offer a A2 Terminator miner replacement program

Any news on this yet?
 Optimally, a replacement board that has voltage control so we can set it to be competative with the L3?

I'm no longer legendary just in my own mind!
Like something I said? Donations gratefully accepted. LYLnTKvLefz9izJFUvEGQEZzSkz34b3N6U (Litecoin)
1GYbjMTPdCuV7dci3iCUiaRrcNuaiQrVYY (Bitcoin)
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 [11] 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 »  All
  Print  

Jump to: